Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301275 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:17 - Oct 19 with 1522 viewsLeonWasGod

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:23 - Oct 19 by monmouth

In the Guardian that headline is directly above a headline that says ‘no delays vows PM after humiliating defeat’

We are beyond a laughing stock. How could ANYONE vote for that ridiculous lump of turd.

It gets more surreal/feckin stupid than that if you read the beeb update:

"Boris Johnson will send a letter to the EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay - but he will not sign it, according to a Downing Street source.

The request will be accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which will say he believes that a delay would be a mistake, the source said".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924.

No idea if that's true. In their rush to be the first to break news, the media have been attrocious and frequently wrong lately. But if it is true, this is simply pathetic.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:34 - Oct 19 with 1485 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:23 - Oct 19 by monmouth

In the Guardian that headline is directly above a headline that says ‘no delays vows PM after humiliating defeat’

We are beyond a laughing stock. How could ANYONE vote for that ridiculous lump of turd.

I suppose we get to choose between that ridiculous lump of turd or this ridiculous lump of turd.

It’s a sh1tty choice.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:35 - Oct 19 with 1480 viewsKilkennyjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:17 - Oct 19 by LeonWasGod

It gets more surreal/feckin stupid than that if you read the beeb update:

"Boris Johnson will send a letter to the EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay - but he will not sign it, according to a Downing Street source.

The request will be accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which will say he believes that a delay would be a mistake, the source said".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50112924.

No idea if that's true. In their rush to be the first to break news, the media have been attrocious and frequently wrong lately. But if it is true, this is simply pathetic.

😂 👶 🍼🇪🇺
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 22:39]

Beware of the Risen People

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 1476 viewsladyjack

Unsigned letter sounds like contempt.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 1476 viewsmajorraglan

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:08 - Oct 19 by Humpty

Read the comments under the Crace piece that Monny linked to. Thoroughly depressing.

Some people praising Starmer for his speech and saying what a difference it would make if he was leader, only to be jumped on by rabid Corbynistas shouting Blairite, Tory lite, neocon, etc.

One poor deluded soul thinks Starmer is good at details but Corbyn is better at electioneering. Yeah, that's why Labour can't stop winning elections and are doing so well in the f*cking polls innit!

There you go Corbynistas. Enjoy a perpetual Tory government moving ever further to the right. You bloody idiots.

They spent 18 years in opposition between 1979 and 1997 until Teflon Tony took them back to power, I suspect that they are going to be in opposition until 2024 or 2025 they way things are going. Corbyn is, to the majority of the UK unelectable.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:45 - Oct 19 with 1459 viewsmonmouth

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:37 - Oct 19 by ladyjack

Unsigned letter sounds like contempt.

It sounds like a pathetic sulking little child.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:47 - Oct 19 with 1457 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 21:57 - Oct 19 by builthjack

Stick him in the slammer

The Tower. Added attraction for the Chinese tourists.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:52 - Oct 19 with 1445 viewsGroo

Get out on the 31st, so the Country can move on FFS.

Groo does what Groo does best

Login to get fewer ads

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:02 - Oct 19 with 1426 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:52 - Oct 19 by Groo

How does the country move on if this deal is signed? It just leads to another year or so of wrangling. It doesn't end anything.

Here's hoping the EU end this by allowing enough time for another ref. That'd end it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 1420 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:52 - Oct 19 by Groo

Stick to Canada, son, although they don’t deserve you.

Three letters sent tonight. The courts will be busy next week.

Poll: Tory leader

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:05 - Oct 19 with 1419 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:45 - Oct 19 by monmouth

It'll be interesting to see if he's in contempt with this. It seems quite possible.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:40 - Oct 19 with 1372 viewsJonathans_coat

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 22:45 - Oct 19 by monmouth

Quite.

Unacceptable behaviour from an “adult”, yet alone the Prime Minister.

Also I note the leader of the house made a bizarre statement in which he claimed they would re-run the Letwin amendment vote on Monday (which of course they cant), then left in a huff before taking any questions or points of order.

Good to see such maturity, integrity and competence at the heart of our government.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:47 - Oct 19 with 1367 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:40 - Oct 19 by Jonathans_coat

Quite.

Unacceptable behaviour from an “adult”, yet alone the Prime Minister.

Also I note the leader of the house made a bizarre statement in which he claimed they would re-run the Letwin amendment vote on Monday (which of course they cant), then left in a huff before taking any questions or points of order.

Good to see such maturity, integrity and competence at the heart of our government.

It’s what a public school education gets you. Embarrassing isn’t the word!

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:48 - Oct 19 with 1365 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:03 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Stick to Canada, son, although they don’t deserve you.

Three letters sent tonight. The courts will be busy next week.

Nah. I don’t think they’ll need to be.

The side letters are for media consumption - to make the idiot supporters of Johnson think he’s playing tough via the medium of Laura Kuenssberg and Robert Peston. They’re irrelevant. Just all been hyped up for weeks.

If you read Tusk’s response, he ignores the sideshow and treats the extension request as received.

That complies with the Benn Act. Johnson’s second letter if read closely doesn’t say he won’t accept an extension offered. The only bit that could be contentious is where he makes vague mention of it threatening future relationship. It’s quite careful in its wording.

If the EU are smart, they’ll now offer an extension of 9 months or so.

Ok, conspiracy time. If I was the PM and wanted to make sure the EU offered an extension even if a few are wavering, I’d do what he’s done. Because if they now refuse an extension, the courts may take a view that they have, after all, been influenced by the second letter. So they offer one, which Johnson possibly wants, but he can say ‘not my fault’ in an election - look, I even sent another letter saying I didn’t want one.

Or maybe he’s an idiot, making mistake after mistake.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 23:49]
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:55 - Oct 19 with 1353 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:48 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

The side letters are for media consumption - to make the idiot supporters of Johnson think he’s playing tough via the medium of Laura Kuenssberg and Robert Peston. They’re irrelevant. Just all been hyped up for weeks.

If you read Tusk’s response, he ignores the sideshow and treats the extension request as received.

That complies with the Benn Act. Johnson’s second letter if read closely doesn’t say he won’t accept an extension offered. The only bit that could be contentious is where he makes vague mention of it threatening future relationship. It’s quite careful in its wording.

Ok, conspiracy time. If I was the PM and wanted to make sure the EU offered an extension even if a few are wavering, I’d do what he’s done. Because if they now refuse an extension, the courts may take a view that they have, after all, been influenced by the second letter. So they offer one, which Johnson possibly wants, but he can say ‘not my fault’ in an election - look, I even sent another letter saying I didn’t want one.

Let’s not forget that if the withdrawal agreement bill is passed any extension lapses and we leave.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:59 - Oct 19 with 1349 viewsHighjack

Am I correct in saying the Benn act compels the PM to write a letter requesting an extension? Assuming he’s done that, (although he forgot to sign it possibly because he’s a bit of a tw&t) any other further correspondence he is free to write what he wants. I mean they can’t control him forever. There are rules against controlling people’s actions indefinitely. If he immediately writes another letter saying “sorry lads, ignore that last letter. I was pissed and a bit of a moron” it is surely simultaneously legal and believable?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:00 - Oct 20 with 1349 viewswestside

Yours sincerely,

Mr Blobby Blobby

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:01 - Oct 20 with 1341 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:55 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

Let’s not forget that if the withdrawal agreement bill is passed any extension lapses and we leave.

It depends when it passes surely. Before or after any date change. And the wording of any extension.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:03 - Oct 20 with 1335 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:59 - Oct 19 by Highjack

Am I correct in saying the Benn act compels the PM to write a letter requesting an extension? Assuming he’s done that, (although he forgot to sign it possibly because he’s a bit of a tw&t) any other further correspondence he is free to write what he wants. I mean they can’t control him forever. There are rules against controlling people’s actions indefinitely. If he immediately writes another letter saying “sorry lads, ignore that last letter. I was pissed and a bit of a moron” it is surely simultaneously legal and believable?

Issue will be if he's wilfully seen to frustrate the legal requirements by immediately seeking to render them null and void. There was some expectation of that. Cherry seems to think he's overstepped but we'll see.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:05 - Oct 20 with 1331 viewslonglostjack

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:48 - Oct 19 by londonlisa2001

EU will grant an extension. As you say Boris has to sell it to a domestic audience. As for Laura and Robert the press conference in Brussels following the deal told you all you need to know. Both desperate to keep on the inside.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:07 - Oct 20 with 1326 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 23:59 - Oct 19 by Highjack

Signing or not signing a letter is a nonsense distraction. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s obviously from the sender. Emails count these days.

The law requires him to do nothing to frustrate the action he’s required to do. The second letter from him in this case sails close to the wind, but doesn’t really frustrate the request (which it would do, for example if he sent one saying ‘ignore the first one’ or ‘I won’t accept an extension so don’t bother’). And yes, that applies forever. Until it falls away by either an extension being given, or possibly refused.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:10 - Oct 20 with 1319 viewsexiledclaseboy

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:01 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

It depends when it passes surely. Before or after any date change. And the wording of any extension.

It’s complex and I’m a bit pissed so this may be way off the mark. But the EU could/will/should agree an extension to 31 January which is what Johnson has just asked for. But if the withdrawal agreement bill is passed in full before that then we leave on whatever date that bill becomes an act. The government is still planning for that to happen by 31 October but that bill will attract a lot of amendments...

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:11 - Oct 20 with 1318 viewslondonlisa2001

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:03 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

Issue will be if he's wilfully seen to frustrate the legal requirements by immediately seeking to render them null and void. There was some expectation of that. Cherry seems to think he's overstepped but we'll see.

The funny thing about Cherry’s response, is that it is probably partly based on what was expected rather than what happened. Johnson is deliberately trying to provoke. And has built up to it for weeks by pretending he wouldn’t comply or promising a second letter saying he didn’t want an extension. But the letter doesn’t actually say that. Sailing close to the wind, but Tusk’s response took the wind away really. It just makes Johnson look like a complete arsehole. Even more of one. If that’s possible.
Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:13 - Oct 20 with 1315 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:01 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

DUP backing a second ref could make things very interesting. As I recall they would have made the difference last time parliament voted on it. They seem likely to do anything to stop this deal now. All things are now possible, possibly even in combination.

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:17 - Oct 20 with 1305 viewsUxbridge

Countdown to the end of Democracy in the UK on 00:11 - Oct 20 by londonlisa2001

The funny thing about Cherry’s response, is that it is probably partly based on what was expected rather than what happened. Johnson is deliberately trying to provoke. And has built up to it for weeks by pretending he wouldn’t comply or promising a second letter saying he didn’t want an extension. But the letter doesn’t actually say that. Sailing close to the wind, but Tusk’s response took the wind away really. It just makes Johnson look like a complete arsehole. Even more of one. If that’s possible.

I see what you're saying. And I agree it probably doesn't matter if Tusk response is taken at face value.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024