Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon - coaching staff 11:55 - Nov 12 with 10260 viewsQJumpingJack

The Sun on Sunday are claiming that Leon is set to join the coaching set up with Clem.
Cameron Toshack also possibly joining.
Leon - coaching staff on 14:41 - Nov 12 with 2729 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon - coaching staff on 13:55 - Nov 12 by TheResurrection

I'm not against this in some ways. It's the clearest signal yet that they are recognising Clement's work is stifling us.

Leon is no Garry Monk, he's a skilful, ball playing midfield player, not a stopper at the back.

And Cameron Toshack has something about him. He's calm and speaks well but you can also see he's nobody's fool.

And i'm not advocating these 2 above any other potential worldwide suitors, just a respect for the both of them and want to see them progress.

I think it would be mammoth disaster.
How arrogant is Jenkins to keep thinking we have Premier League managers in waiting in our ranks.
Jenkins is stifling us and no one else.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon - coaching staff on 14:45 - Nov 12 with 2724 viewsjackjackjackjack

Leon - coaching staff on 14:41 - Nov 12 by Private_Partz

How arrogant is Jenkins to keep thinking we have Premier League managers in waiting in our ranks.

Yeah, So now we have Jenkins choosing the coaching staff as well as the transfers.

What is there for a manager to do?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Leon - coaching staff on 14:50 - Nov 12 with 2710 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon - coaching staff on 14:45 - Nov 12 by jackjackjackjack

Yeah, So now we have Jenkins choosing the coaching staff as well as the transfers.

I hope it is press bollo, I really do. Knowing the arrogance of our DOF I am by no means sure though.
Imagine if Clem gets sacked or walks and we are left with this set up to try and outfox, Sparky, Pullis and Moyes, let alone Morinio, Wenger and Co. Madness with knobs on.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon - coaching staff on 14:51 - Nov 12 with 2708 viewsgiantstoneater

Leon - coaching staff on 12:19 - Nov 12 by monmouth

Badges, yay.

"We don`t need no stinking badges" said in a mexican accent!!
Leon - coaching staff on 15:27 - Nov 12 with 2648 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 12:19 - Nov 12 by monmouth

Badges, yay.

Hope this helps
How many FA coaching badges are there?
There are 5 levels to becoming a football coach. The core coaching courses consist of:

The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
The FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football
The FA Level 4 (UEFA A) in Coaching Football
The FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) in Coaching Football
Leon - coaching staff on 15:46 - Nov 12 with 2605 viewsTheResurrection

Leon - coaching staff on 14:41 - Nov 12 by Private_Partz

We are potentially looking at an interim period here. Like Unsworth at Everton, it's unlikely he will get the job unless the Everton Board are forced to seriously consider him through his contribution to their upturn in form.

They would be a better option than Curtis for that. And they couldn't do any worse.

If the option for the next 5 games was Clement or Leon & Toshack, it would be the latter for me.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Leon - coaching staff on 15:47 - Nov 12 with 2606 viewswhiterock

Leon - coaching staff on 14:50 - Nov 12 by Private_Partz

I hope it is press bollo, I really do. Knowing the arrogance of our DOF I am by no means sure though.
Imagine if Clem gets sacked or walks and we are left with this set up to try and outfox, Sparky, Pullis and Moyes, let alone Morinio, Wenger and Co. Madness with knobs on.

Makelele leave for a number one post, who’d you want to put in? It’s good to promote from within in my book and no one knows the ethos of the club better than Leon. We’ve always had Curt to make sure things run smooth so Leon stepping up is a good move all round
Leon - coaching staff on 15:55 - Nov 12 with 2585 views34dfgdf54

Leon - coaching staff on 12:18 - Nov 12 by donkonky

I’ve had a gut feeling for a while that our next management team would include a promotion for Toshack with Leon as no 2. He’s doing his coaching badges at present I think.
It’s the obvious next step if PC is sacked. Toshack/Leon caretakers. Get relegated and they are in place rebuild the so called ‘Swansea way’ in the championship. Stay up and get the plaudits for turning the season around.

Leon did one of the badges with the FAW at the Celtic Manor. Garry Monk was taking the course.

Garry Monk had three golden rules, and I quote:
“1: always give your all.
2: Timekeeping
3: No dickheads, I had enough of them in Swansea”
Login to get fewer ads

Leon - coaching staff on 16:00 - Nov 12 with 2571 viewstheloneranger

Leon - coaching staff on 15:27 - Nov 12 by donkonky

Hope this helps
How many FA coaching badges are there?
There are 5 levels to becoming a football coach. The core coaching courses consist of:

The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
The FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football
The FA Level 4 (UEFA A) in Coaching Football
The FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) in Coaching Football

Which level do they teach them about corners and free kicks??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Leon - coaching staff on 16:07 - Nov 12 with 2563 viewsdonkonky

Leon - coaching staff on 16:00 - Nov 12 by theloneranger

Which level do they teach them about corners and free kicks??

Oh..that’s the next level that we’ve been promised lad. Have some patience ..we’ll soon be scoring direct from corners and goal kicks.
Leon - coaching staff on 16:12 - Nov 12 with 2547 viewstheloneranger

Leon - coaching staff on 16:07 - Nov 12 by donkonky

Oh..that’s the next level that we’ve been promised lad. Have some patience ..we’ll soon be scoring direct from corners and goal kicks.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Leon - coaching staff on 04:14 - Nov 13 with 2348 viewsWhiterockin

Leon - coaching staff on 14:45 - Nov 12 by jackjackjackjack

Like it or not HJ is the manager, PC is the head coach. Problem is HJ doesn't get the sack like other managers when things go wrong they change the coach.
Leon - coaching staff on 08:41 - Nov 13 with 2222 viewsharryhpalmer

The only plus I can see of Leon and Tosh Jr being promoted is that they are steeped in the Swansea Way, and if it means the end of the pragmatic, but deathly boring Clement Way, then it can't be all bad!

But who is the real brain behind the U23s?

Toshack or Richards? I suppose at least Tosh Jr has Tosh Snr as a sounding board if he needs one.

But he's not the attack coach I envisaged replacing Makele!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Leon - coaching staff on 08:46 - Nov 13 with 2214 viewsmonmouth

Leon - coaching staff on 15:46 - Nov 12 by TheResurrection

We are potentially looking at an interim period here. Like Unsworth at Everton, it's unlikely he will get the job unless the Everton Board are forced to seriously consider him through his contribution to their upturn in form.

They would be a better option than Curtis for that. And they couldn't do any worse.

If the option for the next 5 games was Clement or Leon & Toshack, it would be the latter for me.

That's what it has come to hasn't it? I've lost all faith in Clement too. Needs to get his act together pronto.

Better still we could get a proper manager like Hull did with Silva, we did with Laudrup, Valencia did with Marcelino...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon - coaching staff on 09:06 - Nov 13 with 2174 viewsswanforthemoney

Leon - coaching staff on 08:46 - Nov 13 by monmouth

That's what it has come to hasn't it? I've lost all faith in Clement too. Needs to get his act together pronto.

Better still we could get a proper manager like Hull did with Silva, we did with Laudrup, Valencia did with Marcelino...

Silva is obviously a decent manager. It didn’t work for Hull, though.

I stand in the North Stand

Leon - coaching staff on 09:33 - Nov 13 with 2125 viewsharryhpalmer

Leon - coaching staff on 09:06 - Nov 13 by swanforthemoney

Silva is obviously a decent manager. It didn’t work for Hull, though.

Silva inherited a pretty sh1t squad, after Phelan was given no cash.

And as much as he wheeled and dealed in the window, he couldn't quite pull it off - the Sunderland game killing them, and getting Clement out of jail.

But, what it does prove, as does Wolves, is with the right recruitment process, there are managers out there we've probably never heard of, that can play progressive, attacking football.

the kind of football we want to see.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 9:34]

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Leon - coaching staff on 09:43 - Nov 13 with 2103 viewsUppa_Swans

The powers that be can't be arsed integrating any players from Toshack's youth side into the first team. Says it all about how much they truly rate him. The 5 minutes that McBurnie occasionally gets may as well have been won off the back of a box of Kellogg's. Just Jenkins cutting costs and compromising quality - as has been the case since Laudrup left. Absolutely stinks.
Leon - coaching staff on 09:50 - Nov 13 with 2088 viewsTheResurrection

Leon - coaching staff on 08:46 - Nov 13 by monmouth

Yes indeed, if there's a third option for a manager of that ilk that would be my choice too.

And anyone bringing up Hulls remarkable failed attempt at survival clearly won't have a clue what they're talking about.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Leon - coaching staff on 09:53 - Nov 13 with 2074 viewswhoflungdung

Seems general agreement about Clement and Jenkins

Ironic about cutting costs as Jenkins has not been shy of spending big ,problem is what he spent it on .

We seem to de unraveling from the inside and I've have thought American I owners would see the need to protect their future profits by removing one who s killing the club

The real worry is the fact they don't see it that way.Yet

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Leon - coaching staff on 11:06 - Nov 13 with 1986 viewsjasper_T

Toshack's done great work with the u23s.
Leon - coaching staff on 11:15 - Nov 13 with 1960 viewsandypitt56

Perhaps its more to do with the fact Leon keeps having the same recurring injuries. He cant play a run of games with out doing his back in. As for toshack maybe they think he deserves the chance to step up, because of the work he has done with the U21's. I dont think its a bad idea to have swansea through and through on the bench, loads of people have been calling to have curtis back, how is this any different?
Leon - coaching staff on 12:46 - Nov 13 with 1899 views34dfgdf54

Leon - coaching staff on 11:15 - Nov 13 by andypitt56

Perhaps its more to do with the fact Leon keeps having the same recurring injuries. He cant play a run of games with out doing his back in. As for toshack maybe they think he deserves the chance to step up, because of the work he has done with the U21's. I dont think its a bad idea to have swansea through and through on the bench, loads of people have been calling to have curtis back, how is this any different?

Agree with what you're saying, but Clement made it clear when he arrived Curtis would have no place in the coaching team while he's here. By doing this Jenkins is undermining Clement big time imo.
Leon - coaching staff on 16:34 - Nov 13 with 1716 viewsTheResurrection

Leon - coaching staff on 12:25 - Nov 12 by NeathJack

Screams to me of The Sun filling column inches with guesswork and nonsense.

Screams to me this oft trodden rubbish needs to stop and people need to take note when journalists get scoops on us.

I'd hardly think the Sun would need to fill column inches on us.

Leon - coaching staff on 16:41 - Nov 13 with 1676 viewsTheResurrection

By the way Clement must be spewing having to comment on the Leon story.

Time is ticking....,

N/A. on 16:48 - Nov 13 with 1638 viewsHuw57

Leon - coaching staff on 16:41 - Nov 13 by TheResurrection

By the way Clement must be spewing having to comment on the Leon story.

Time is ticking....,

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:59]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024