Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman stands down 11:02 - Nov 22 with 22423 viewsbiggar

Just had email saying new chairman has stood down.
New chairman stands down on 12:35 - Nov 22 with 2267 viewsDafyddHuw

New chairman stands down on 11:40 - Nov 22 by MoscowJack

How can that statement be released without mentioning the FACT that he HAD to resign as he is over his 12 year maximum tenure?

I can't believe how this can honestly be happening.

At least have some balls and come out with the truth instead of blaming some p!ssed off fans for being so unhappy with what's going on that they felt the need to do some digging!

It's not their fault that they've got so much wrong....but it's our fault for reporting it?

Also, what about the Associate Director role? Does he still have that?

No, nowt to do with 12 years. Everything to do with nasty fans questioning his authority.
New chairman stands down on 12:36 - Nov 22 with 2267 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 11:40 - Nov 22 by MoscowJack

How can that statement be released without mentioning the FACT that he HAD to resign as he is over his 12 year maximum tenure?

I can't believe how this can honestly be happening.

At least have some balls and come out with the truth instead of blaming some p!ssed off fans for being so unhappy with what's going on that they felt the need to do some digging!

It's not their fault that they've got so much wrong....but it's our fault for reporting it?

Also, what about the Associate Director role? Does he still have that?

Spot on ... it's a nonsense statement to put it politely.

Waiting to see an inventory of the tenures of the other Trust board members.

For transparency and clarity the Trust now needs a membership vote to elect (or re-elect) all board members and officers, with standing candidates describing clearly their purpose in seeking to join the Trust board.

There is still value in the Trust if it were to operate correctly.
New chairman stands down on 12:36 - Nov 22 with 2261 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 12:26 - Nov 22 by Swanzay

1 chairman gone, hopefully another one to go.....

Not for the majority of posters on here. At least not from what I can see anyway so if I’m missing all the threads please point me in the direction of them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New chairman stands down on 12:49 - Nov 22 with 2193 viewspencoedjack

New chairman stands down on 12:36 - Nov 22 by Darran

Not for the majority of posters on here. At least not from what I can see anyway so if I’m missing all the threads please point me in the direction of them.

How many people are going to step up if they all resign ?

Those looking to be elected to the trust may all be pro sell outs, in fact some (not all) may have even been paid by the club to cause turmoil within the trust to stall any discussions.

Its a big fuking mess looking from the outside.
New chairman stands down on 12:54 - Nov 22 with 2165 viewsMoscowJack

It says here that he's not going to be Associate Director either......

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-supporter

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New chairman stands down on 12:57 - Nov 22 with 2157 viewsvetchonian

New chairman stands down on 11:02 - Nov 22 by Landore_Jack

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust announces, with great regret, that Will Morris has stepped down from his role as Chairman of the Trust and as a member of the Trust Board.

Will had only recently, and reluctantly, taken on the Chairman role and was keen to make an early effort to engage with fans on internet forums and social media. This however was met with unwarranted, unjustified and potentially libelous comments directed at him. He advised the Trust Board that whilst he was prepared to accept and indeed expected a certain level of criticism as part and parcel of the role, he felt that the nature and extent of totally unwarranted personal abuse was completely unacceptable. He was quite simply not prepared to put up with it himself, nor subject his family to this. He added that neither would he expect others doing their best in a voluntary role to have to do so.

We would hope all Swans fans will recognise that whilst some may disagree with the views and/or actions of the Trust and its individual Board Members, and we have no issue with fans expressing their disagreement, there is neither excuse nor justification for initiating a personal attack on an individual’s character, particularly with comments which are completely unfounded. Traditionally the Supporters’ Trust has not been inundated with applications from individuals who are prepared to give up their own time to join the Trust Board. This sort of personal attack does nothing to encourage fans to come forward and we sincerely hope this will not be repeated.

The Trust Board wishes to place on record its thanks to Will for the huge amount of time and effort he has devoted to the Trust during his time on the Trust Board. We are sorry that he has decided to leave the Board at this time, and his significant contribution will be missed.

A further announcement regarding the Chairman’s position will be made following the next Trust Board Meeting at the beginning of December.

Surely now every Trust member needs to write to the Trust demanding an EGM to be held within the next month.
At this the issues relating to length of term, future of the Trust and "the deal" need to be discuused.
I was always an advocate of maintaining a share holding and relationship with the Club but in the light of Phil S's anther others resignations and what has been said it looks as though the Club are treating the Trust with no respect as a result does the Trust have a place at the table anymore?
Given it appears the terms of the deal have changed shopuld the legal route be persued and the Trust's shareholding be sold and the money banked for a future time?
This should all be debated at an immediated EGM we as Trust members need to demand it.

This is also time for vocal non memebrs to put up or shut up! Join call for the meeting and get involved there

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New chairman stands down on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 2142 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 12:36 - Nov 22 by Darran

You haven't seen any calls on this board for Jenkins to step down?

Really?

When you keep referring to 'people' attacking the Trust and not the sell outs, you actually mean one person as far as I can tell? I haven't seen anyone else who's commented on this situation who hasn't been vociferous in their criticism of the new owners or the ex owners, I really haven't Darran.

As for the statement itself, I must admit I'm a bit confused. Other than the odd post, I haven't seen attacks on Will Morris on here? I've seen lots of questions about whether he was able to be Trust Chair under its own set of rules, and questions asking for clarity on the associate director position.

I haven't actually seen any answer to either of those main point but neither of those two things surely could be taken as a personal attack?

When Will posted on here immediately after the announcement, I saw lots of posts wishing him well. It's a little strange.
New chairman stands down on 13:01 - Nov 22 with 2118 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 12:59 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

You haven't seen any calls on this board for Jenkins to step down?

Really?

When you keep referring to 'people' attacking the Trust and not the sell outs, you actually mean one person as far as I can tell? I haven't seen anyone else who's commented on this situation who hasn't been vociferous in their criticism of the new owners or the ex owners, I really haven't Darran.

As for the statement itself, I must admit I'm a bit confused. Other than the odd post, I haven't seen attacks on Will Morris on here? I've seen lots of questions about whether he was able to be Trust Chair under its own set of rules, and questions asking for clarity on the associate director position.

I haven't actually seen any answer to either of those main point but neither of those two things surely could be taken as a personal attack?

When Will posted on here immediately after the announcement, I saw lots of posts wishing him well. It's a little strange.

Not in comparison to the ones against the Trust no.

Login to get fewer ads

New chairman stands down on 13:06 - Nov 22 with 2083 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 11:55 - Nov 22 by monmouth

The Trust is basically just the Yankos now. All the statements are more or less written for them by the club. The game is up and the game is over. Unless the new chairman is strongly and publicly against appeasement, building bridges and licking arse, it's just another placeman working for the club board.

When are the other 12 year boys standing down? And before anyone asks, no I'm not standing and no, I no longer give a toss if there's anyone left on the Trust. Let Phil, Andy and Matt G go back and run the whole thing. We don't need anyone or anything else. the Trust is simply about what to do with the shares now, not raffles and statues..
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 11:56]

That's some warped sense of humour you've got there, Mon. After the way things have escalated in the last week or so, it will be interesting to see how many (existing Board members or not) have the appetite for the fight.
New chairman stands down on 13:06 - Nov 22 with 2083 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 13:01 - Nov 22 by Darran

We're obviously not reading the same posts then Darran.
New chairman stands down on 13:12 - Nov 22 with 2047 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 13:06 - Nov 22 by MattG

That's some warped sense of humour you've got there, Mon. After the way things have escalated in the last week or so, it will be interesting to see how many (existing Board members or not) have the appetite for the fight.

I agree with you on that.

The sensible thing to have happened this week is for the genuine question about tenure to be answered as quickly as possible, and then for a webinar or similar to be set up (as I said a few days ago).

That would have diffused the situation and got the ball rolling again. This situation has now escalated in a way that was at least partially avoidable.

Although, to be frank, the second that statement came out from Phil S and with the added impact of statements that you made, the situation was always going to be very difficult unless the Trust board immediately reached out again to its members with a statement of exactly what the facts were.
New chairman stands down on 13:14 - Nov 22 with 2035 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 13:06 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

We're obviously not reading the same posts then Darran.

Yeah we are. There’s been nothing like the campaign to destroy Jenkins and others as there’s been to destroy the Trust.
Fuçk me The Bollox Office actually wants Jenkins to stay and everytime JVZ is mentioned someone will always pop into the thread and find a positive for him.

New chairman stands down on 13:14 - Nov 22 with 2034 viewsLandore_Jack

New chairman stands down on 13:01 - Nov 22 by Darran

Which users Darran?

#backtojack

New chairman stands down on 13:19 - Nov 22 with 2004 viewsHighjack

New chairman stands down on 13:12 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

The sensible thing to have happened this week is for the genuine question about tenure to be answered as quickly as possible, and then for a webinar or similar to be set up (as I said a few days ago).

That would have diffused the situation and got the ball rolling again. This situation has now escalated in a way that was at least partially avoidable.

Although, to be frank, the second that statement came out from Phil S and with the added impact of statements that you made, the situation was always going to be very difficult unless the Trust board immediately reached out again to its members with a statement of exactly what the facts were.

Reaching out to the fans with facts isn't something the trust is famous for Lisa.

Apart from the odd pathetic statements we are lucky to receive nobody has a ucking clue what's going on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New chairman stands down on 13:19 - Nov 22 with 2004 viewsjack247

New chairman stands down on 13:06 - Nov 22 by MattG

Well exactly. Phil Sumbler may or not have been the best person for the job, same goes for Will Morris. I genuinely don’t know.

Who is going to want to take it on now though.

The only people winning here are the ones who don’t have SCFCs best interests at heart.
New chairman stands down on 13:21 - Nov 22 with 1989 viewsWatchman

New chairman stands down on 13:14 - Nov 22 by Darran

Yeah we are. There’s been nothing like the campaign to destroy Jenkins and others as there’s been to destroy the Trust.
Fuçk me The Bollox Office actually wants Jenkins to stay and everytime JVZ is mentioned someone will always pop into the thread and find a positive for him.

Re Sell Outs There will always be some hangers on.
Re Trust sadly the fans feel let down/sad/angry because they believe in the Trust, but sadly the Trust is percieved (rightly or wrongly) not to have done what it was designed to do! Issues such as conflict of interest matters should never have arisen but more importantly should have been cleared up far more quickly when things came to a head

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

New chairman stands down on 13:22 - Nov 22 with 1984 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 13:12 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

Absolutely, although as the remaining Board were (and possibly still are) in discussions over the terms of the sale, I can see why they perhaps didn't feel able or didn't want to lay things bare. I'm not saying I agree with that position - and have said separately that I would have cut off all discussions in any case - but I can understand it.
New chairman stands down on 13:25 - Nov 22 with 1968 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 13:19 - Nov 22 by Highjack

Reaching out to the fans with facts isn't something the trust is famous for Lisa.

Apart from the odd pathetic statements we are lucky to receive nobody has a ucking clue what's going on.

A lot of this stuff comes from communication or lack of it unfortunately.
New chairman stands down on 13:31 - Nov 22 with 1925 viewsTheResurrection

Your whole sad life revolves around 2 things

This site
And me

But you'll never be me, you'll always be the same sad old soul looking to bait people online.

You've tried your hardest to mention the same thing at least 6 times in the last two days, hoping you get some reaction from it. You've had at least 4 or 5 different posters trying to shut you up but continue you do.

How many more times do you want to repeat yourself or get others to repeat the same things to you.

You're boring as fack.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

New chairman stands down on 13:33 - Nov 22 with 1912 viewslondonlisa2001

What campaign has there been to destroy the Trust?

There was genuine and honest disagreement at the time of the vote, which was debated quite healthily on this board. Nothing got personal.

Since then, some people (including me) chose not to rejoin, but there hasn't been any ongoing discussion about the vote or deal. Until this week, when Phil's resignation has caused discussion about whether the deal should continue or not. The questions about tenure arose because in a thread about whether or not an EGM could or couldn't be called, I noticed the 12 year thing and raised it (if you look, it was actually in relation to Phil having to resign soon anyway).

The reason that people were discussing an EGM in the first place was as a DIRECT result of Phil's statement, which made it abundantly clear that he thought the deal had now changed and others within the Trust were still pushing for it, and then Will's statement, which made it abundantly clear he was pushing for it.

Again, you are conflating the actions or posts of one person with the majority.
New chairman stands down on 13:34 - Nov 22 with 1906 viewsMattG

New chairman stands down on 13:21 - Nov 22 by Watchman

Re Sell Outs There will always be some hangers on.
Re Trust sadly the fans feel let down/sad/angry because they believe in the Trust, but sadly the Trust is percieved (rightly or wrongly) not to have done what it was designed to do! Issues such as conflict of interest matters should never have arisen but more importantly should have been cleared up far more quickly when things came to a head

Agree absolutely but what has been disappointing for me over the last week or so is how quickly perceived conflicts of interest have almost immediately become matters of FACT.

There certainly seems to be a willingness to believe the worst of the people on the Trust Board that I don't really understand. Then again, I would say that wouldn't I?
New chairman stands down on 13:43 - Nov 22 with 1861 viewsswanseajack4eva

New chairman stands down on 13:34 - Nov 22 by MattG

Agree absolutely but what has been disappointing for me over the last week or so is how quickly perceived conflicts of interest have almost immediately become matters of FACT.

There certainly seems to be a willingness to believe the worst of the people on the Trust Board that I don't really understand. Then again, I would say that wouldn't I?

What you are seeing Matt is a lot of pent up frustration ... fueled by a lack of communication and transparency regarding operations of the Trust.

This year the unprofessional election process and farcically one-sided recommendation to members on the share sale reduced the credibility of the Trust to almost zero.

I believe some Trust board members are well meaning but the needs of the moment are not compatible with the make-up of the Trust board.
New chairman stands down on 13:43 - Nov 22 with 1859 viewsWatchman

Matt as someone who was torn about the 'deal' ( I eventually voted no ) My thoughts were and still are that it felt as if we were sleep walking and we will just carry on with things, without anyone standing up and sayin g that something is not quite right here, lets stop and rethink everything. Even now the Trust Board appear to be like Chemical Ali.
There are substantive issues that need resolving and not ignored

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

New chairman stands down on 13:55 - Nov 22 with 1812 viewsMoscowJack

Matt,

You can't blame us for believing the worst, especially when the truth looks as bad as it does.

As Lisa said, Phil got the ball rolling (intentionally or not) with his resignation speech and alarm bells started ringing from there onwards. Will's lack of recognition of Phil in his opening speech got me even more curious.

Had there not been confirmation on here that a call was made from the Trust Board to Supporters Direct, I genuinely believe that the Trust would have simply said they had forgotten or didn't realise, or something like that.

Had they had a webinar or similar to clear things up, it might have helped, but they (Will) chose to ignore that comment instead.

Even though Will legally had to stand down as Chairman (and from the Board), the Trust still decided it would blame a handful of people on one forum for his downfall in their statement today!! A handful of people.....on ONE FORUM.....that's all!

Why didn't they just come out and admit the truth instead of blaming the people who were pointing out the FACTS?

I know I'm being called all the tw"ts going (I've been told quite a bit about what's being said) but the one thing I want is to see the right people, with the right intentions, representing the fans. People who would rather admit fault and take the hit than hide behind some bullsh!t excuse like "the nasty internet people did it".

From what I've seen today, I think it's more a case of one down, who's next...as someone is obviously not understanding the feelings of the majority of the fans right now.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New chairman stands down on 13:57 - Nov 22 with 1800 viewsHighjack

Matt, the whole point of the Trust in the first place was to safeguard the club from sharks like Petty, but the Trust were sleeping at the wheel when the yanks took over.

Then stories emerged of senior Trust officials drinking, socialising, attending games with the sellouts. Huge salaries undeclared. Potential conflict of interests regarding senior Trust officials personal business being favoured by the club.

Honorary titles thrown around, hospitality, free tickets.

Now I'm not saying anyone has deliberately set out for personal gain, I've no doubt that anyone who has taken on that position hasn't had the clubs best interest at heart. But they've left themselves open to this perception of being on the gravy train themselves and being too cosy with the sellouts, and probably been blinded a bit by all the benefits thrown their way. It's human nature.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024