Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lord Bony 23:13 - Dec 2 with 6015 viewsmax936

If you're reading Paul how are you? and I hope all's going well, anyone know how he's doing if he's not reading ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lord Bony on 23:23 - Dec 2 with 2838 viewsGowerjack

Yep.

Come on LB.

In all of our thoughts I'm sure.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Lord Bony on 23:48 - Dec 2 with 2802 viewsexiledclaseboy

Agreed. An update would be good. We’re all pulling for you, LB.

Poll: Tory leader

Lord Bony on 23:50 - Dec 2 with 2791 viewsDarran

He was here yesterday I saw his name at the bottom of the page.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lord Bony on 14:38 - Dec 3 with 2623 viewsLord_Bony

Thank you for your concern folks.

I wasn't going to give an update but here goes...

3 weeks ago I almost died. My colon had ruptured near the tumour site,resulting in a 3 cm hole.

I had stomach pains at first and was advised to see my GP,the same one who had treated me for irritable bowel syndrome and not cancer for a year. Anyway,when I presented myself and told her of the pain she promptly prescribed me tablets for yes you've guessed it..IBS once more.

Anyway,the pain got worse during the evening,at this point I was in agony,called the cancer helpline and they advised me to call an ambulance as it was a perforated bowel. After no sign of them an hour later my son drove me to the A and E dept of University Hospital of Wales,Cardiff a 10 min drive.

I had to lie in agony outside the doors there,it felt like many knives in my stomach,I eventually got seen sedated,scanned and put in a ward. Was told the seriousness of the condition peritonitis whereby the contents of your bowel can eventually get into your blood stream and cause sepsis when you can go into a coma,die or be severely disabled afterwards with possible amputations.

At the last minute they asked if a small child could take my operating place as an emergency op which I agreed to....this turned out to be a good thing. I stabilised during the night and in the morning I had two top surgeons look at the scans and they operated at 11am. I was there 7 hours in theatre...not only did they clean every last trace of waste from the abdominal cavity,they performed a very tricky operation which also removed my colon tumour all in one go....had I taken the emergency op I would have had to go back later for the tumour op and had a permanent stoma bag. As it was those surgeons performed a miracle and I just have a temporary bag which will be reversed in about a year.

Back to the ward,the first week was hell but no re infection. After that I got a little stronger each day. I lost nearly 20 lbs in weight after surgery over 11days in hospital...your muscles just wither away n those beds.

Been home about 10 days now and putting weight on getting stronger each day but still weak....I went down to 10st9 from 12st in no time. Feeling ok the only problem I have is the wound is open and hard to heal while I still have chemo in my system...one part looks like a large vagina on my stomach lol.

But I'm getting there and it is healing slowly,I can just about walk to the top of the driveway and back ATM I feel like an 85 year old woman walking...panting for air due to lack of haemoglobin in the blood after blood loss....levels are slowly getting back to normal.

So well on the path to recovery with no complications...will be fine by Christmas.

Hoping for two operations on the liver in a few months then I will be free of this disease. They meet this week to decide if that will go ahead or not.

Once again I would urge you all to be aware o the rise of cancer in the U.K....research,change your lifestyle and diet if need be and get yourselves checked....prevention is better than cure any day.

Peace.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Lord Bony on 14:40 - Dec 3 with 2600 viewsLohengrin

Good man.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lord Bony on 14:41 - Dec 3 with 2596 viewsPhil_S

Lord Bony on 14:38 - Dec 3 by Lord_Bony

3 weeks ago I almost died. My colon had ruptured near the tumour site,resulting in a 3 cm hole.

I had stomach pains at first and was advised to see my GP,the same one who had treated me for irritable bowel syndrome and not cancer for a year. Anyway,when I presented myself and told her of the pain she promptly prescribed me tablets for yes you've guessed it..IBS once more.

Anyway,the pain got worse during the evening,at this point I was in agony,called the cancer helpline and they advised me to call an ambulance as it was a perforated bowel. After no sign of them an hour later my son drove me to the A and E dept of University Hospital of Wales,Cardiff a 10 min drive.

I had to lie in agony outside the doors there,it felt like many knives in my stomach,I eventually got seen sedated,scanned and put in a ward. Was told the seriousness of the condition peritonitis whereby the contents of your bowel can eventually get into your blood stream and cause sepsis when you can go into a coma,die or be severely disabled afterwards with possible amputations.

At the last minute they asked if a small child could take my operating place as an emergency op which I agreed to....this turned out to be a good thing. I stabilised during the night and in the morning I had two top surgeons look at the scans and they operated at 11am. I was there 7 hours in theatre...not only did they clean every last trace of waste from the abdominal cavity,they performed a very tricky operation which also removed my colon tumour all in one go....had I taken the emergency op I would have had to go back later for the tumour op and had a permanent stoma bag. As it was those surgeons performed a miracle and I just have a temporary bag which will be reversed in about a year.

Back to the ward,the first week was hell but no re infection. After that I got a little stronger each day. I lost nearly 20 lbs in weight after surgery over 11days in hospital...your muscles just wither away n those beds.

Been home about 10 days now and putting weight on getting stronger each day but still weak....I went down to 10st9 from 12st in no time. Feeling ok the only problem I have is the wound is open and hard to heal while I still have chemo in my system...one part looks like a large vagina on my stomach lol.

But I'm getting there and it is healing slowly,I can just about walk to the top of the driveway and back ATM I feel like an 85 year old woman walking...panting for air due to lack of haemoglobin in the blood after blood loss....levels are slowly getting back to normal.

So well on the path to recovery with no complications...will be fine by Christmas.

Hoping for two operations on the liver in a few months then I will be free of this disease. They meet this week to decide if that will go ahead or not.

Once again I would urge you all to be aware o the rise of cancer in the U.K....research,change your lifestyle and diet if need be and get yourselves checked....prevention is better than cure any day.

Peace.

See fighting and keep getting stronger LB
Lord Bony on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 2595 viewsGowerjack

Hell of a tale.

Well done buddy I'm sure all on here wish you the best.

PS did any of the nurses go outside looking for chavs having a sneaky fag?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Lord Bony on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 2589 viewsmonmouth

Peace.

Jesus.

You are one tough hombre. This f*cker definitely isn’t going to beat you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Lord Bony on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 2588 viewsdickythorpe

Jesus! Wow, I'm speechless.

What a fighter you are.

Keep eating,sounds daft but enjoy every bloody mouthful. That weight will soon come back and hopefully the cancer has gone and won't feed off you.
Lord Bony on 15:01 - Dec 3 with 2545 viewswhoflungdung

Not sure what to say after reading that

Fook me

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Lord Bony on 15:01 - Dec 3 with 2539 viewsDarran

Peace.

I’ve just cried. What a man,what a fuçking man.
Love you Paul.

On a side note I had an accident once and went from 11 stone to 6 stone though admittedly one or two small bits were removed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lord Bony on 15:11 - Dec 3 with 2519 viewsmax936

Peace.

Great News Paul, hope the rest all goes well enabling you to have a lovely Christmas Best Wishes and a Happy Christmas to you and yours

Lord Bony on 15:17 - Dec 3 with 2504 viewsSwanjaxs

Bloody hell mate! That puts all the bitching and nastiness on here into perspective... wishing you all the very best for a complete recovery 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Lord Bony on 15:24 - Dec 3 with 2485 viewsunion_jack

Peace.

Christ, the Swans are near to relegation, the club's in a right mess and all you can do is moan

Your strong attitude will ensure you beat this. Looks like positive days ahead and a good Christmas awaiting you and your family.

Keep it up!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lord Bony on 15:25 - Dec 3 with 2481 viewsNogginthenog

It may be that fate has dealt you a winning hand in having the tumour fully removed as a result of the delay. I sincerely hope that you make a full and permanent recovery and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. I had similar cancer surgery 25 years ago so believe me i know what you are going through. I think you already demonstrate the inner strength and attitude that will stand you in good stead.

Good luck LB
Lord Bony on 15:46 - Dec 3 with 2445 viewsFlashberryjack

Good luck Bony.......It aint easy, but you can beat this.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lord Bony on 15:50 - Dec 3 with 2436 viewsmax936

Lord Bony on 15:25 - Dec 3 by Nogginthenog

It may be that fate has dealt you a winning hand in having the tumour fully removed as a result of the delay. I sincerely hope that you make a full and permanent recovery and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas. I had similar cancer surgery 25 years ago so believe me i know what you are going through. I think you already demonstrate the inner strength and attitude that will stand you in good stead.

Good luck LB

Great post

Lord Bony on 15:53 - Dec 3 with 2423 viewsjackportis

What a kind act letting the child go before you for their emergency operation.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Lord Bony on 16:20 - Dec 3 with 2399 viewsShaky

Good on ya, LB.

Just goes to show it is often possible only with considerable hindsight to accurately judge whether events happening in realtime are positive or not.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Lord Bony on 16:23 - Dec 3 with 2396 viewsJackfath

Keep on keeping on my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lord Bony on 16:31 - Dec 3 with 2371 viewsswanforthemoney

Its a very touching update. You don't know me LB, but I'd like to wish a fellow Swans fan the very best of luck and a rapid recovery. Well, as rapid as possible under the circumstances.

I stand in the North Stand

Lord Bony on 17:24 - Dec 3 with 2319 viewsSwanseajill

I know how much a human body can take, and come out the other side stronger physicly and with enhanced mental strength. Reading that update shows this.
Keep up the fight back to fitness M'lord.
Lord Bony on 19:15 - Dec 3 with 2242 viewsBanosswan

What a ridiculous scenario with your gp. I was lucky, as I had a decent gp so if I rang up and said who it was, they'd expedite me straight away. Got bowel cancer, go to gp with stomach pains and she gives you ibs meds ffs.

Great to hear positives though. Keep it up.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 19:15]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Lord Bony on 19:21 - Dec 3 with 2220 viewsbuilthjack

Hope you are here in 10 years time putting Darren and Perch right Lord Bony. Keep fighting fella, you can do it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Lord Bony on 19:51 - Dec 3 with 2187 viewslondonlisa2001

Wow - just seen this update.

So pleased that you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel Bony. Don't take your eye off it and keep going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024