Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! 17:28 - Dec 7 with 16517 viewsWingstandwood

Quote: Mr Rees, who is strongly opposed to the share sale, said: “I am doing this because I, along with many fans, are worried for the future of the Trust and the club as well.

“I am very disappointed in the way both are conducting themselves, and that is why it is very important that the sale of shares does not go through.

“The Trust no longer, constitutionally and legally, has the right to sell any shares, should they continue to do so the consequences for the trust board would be immense.

“As soon as the Trust chair and vice chair resigned all Trust business had to stop immediately.

“I am very concerned as to what the motive is for continuing to push to sell the shares? We all want answers.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-supporters-trust-accuse

Argus!

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:55 - Dec 8 with 2274 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:53 - Dec 8 by monmouth

It sounds like the f*cking masons. Did you have to do a morris dance with your trouser leg rolled up, your breast bared and a handkerchief on your head whilst chanting, “Loyalty, Loyalty, to the Horned Goat” and signing a pledge of omertà in blood.

Or is that just for the short list?

I agree nobody has had to have an interview to be co-opted in the past and the Trust has fallen further over the handling of this.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:57 - Dec 8 with 2269 viewsTheResurrection

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:52 - Dec 8 by Darran

You could have waited untill you’d got on the board first but you’re clearly creating your own obstacles not to get on there.

Absolutely not. Quite the opposite.

If the Trust want to be continue as a closed shop old boys club they will be brought to account.

There's no hiding place now, not for any of them or the new Board members about to get on.

We all should demand that at the very least, so that's why I want to know who was behind the decision making in terms of organising the interviews.

The 3 were...

Roger Goodwin. Retired Teacher
Alan Lewis. Retired DVLA
Sian Davies. Retired Teacher.

There is nobody currently on the Trust Board under 55 I think apart from Ux.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 14:12 - Dec 8 with 2240 viewsmonmouth

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:49 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

I'm doing everything I can to give everybody a real insight into how the Trust operates. The same I'd do if I was elected.

I want to know why these 3 were picked to do the interviewing as I know a bit more about them now.

This has come across as confirming my every worry over the years and it's right it's out in the open.

If they don’t Coopt you, there will be a shitstorm anyway, but then please do put yourself up for election proper next time. I’m sure you’ll get a bandwagon going through social media, to get you voted on at the expense of one of these placemen or women. Maybe the one whose only qualification is to speak Welsh, or the Jenkins shoe licker from out west.

Tin pot self important puffed up committee nobodies really get my goat, and Wales is full of those kind of jerks. Looks like we have managed to find ourselves a few.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 14:15 - Dec 8 with 2231 viewslonglostjack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 14:12 - Dec 8 by monmouth

If they don’t Coopt you, there will be a shitstorm anyway, but then please do put yourself up for election proper next time. I’m sure you’ll get a bandwagon going through social media, to get you voted on at the expense of one of these placemen or women. Maybe the one whose only qualification is to speak Welsh, or the Jenkins shoe licker from out west.

Tin pot self important puffed up committee nobodies really get my goat, and Wales is full of those kind of jerks. Looks like we have managed to find ourselves a few.

Great post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 15:24 - Dec 8 with 2167 viewscostalotta

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 14:15 - Dec 8 by longlostjack

Great post.

seconded!
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 15:41 - Dec 8 with 2141 viewsUxbridge

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:39 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

I'd like to ask Ux publicly why they approached the Co-opting of new Board members in this way, who devised the questions and what were they hoped to get from the various answers that came back?

Yeah, not sure why this is directed to me, but never mind.

Anyway, you met the people who co-ordinated and structured the interviews. Can only take your word that their entire focus was on stressing the need for confidentiality, but it's a bit of a surprise to me considering a) it was certainly not the brief given and b) for me, issues such as making sure the applicants have skills to bring to the table and most importantly have concrete ideas to improve how the Trust operates. That's what I'll be basing my vote on. Confidentiality, whether anyone likes it or not, is sometimes required in an environment where sensitive or commercial information can pass through, but transparency and engagement are far more important.

Either way, the interviewers provide feedback to the board, and it's the board who votes.

Until then, it's a shame everyone's already written that vote off as a done deal. The presumptions are way off the mark IMO and, no, I don't think the presumptions are justified. If I'm wrong, people will find out soon enough and get to tell me they told me so.

There are 15 excellent candidates which is an excellent thing. No doubt some will have a strop if the ones selected aren't posters on here, but surely I can't be the only one who thinks that a touch ironic given accusations of nepotism within the Trust. It's imperative the best candidates are chosen to help improve the Trust to best meet the future challenges of the Trust and improve the engagement with the membership and general fanbase. Different viewpoints are critical too. I know the plan is to put pen pics of each board member on the website, so everyone will get to see what the people selected stand for etc, and make their judgements accordingly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 15:54 - Dec 8 with 2116 viewsTheResurrection

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 15:41 - Dec 8 by Uxbridge

Yeah, not sure why this is directed to me, but never mind.

Anyway, you met the people who co-ordinated and structured the interviews. Can only take your word that their entire focus was on stressing the need for confidentiality, but it's a bit of a surprise to me considering a) it was certainly not the brief given and b) for me, issues such as making sure the applicants have skills to bring to the table and most importantly have concrete ideas to improve how the Trust operates. That's what I'll be basing my vote on. Confidentiality, whether anyone likes it or not, is sometimes required in an environment where sensitive or commercial information can pass through, but transparency and engagement are far more important.

Either way, the interviewers provide feedback to the board, and it's the board who votes.

Until then, it's a shame everyone's already written that vote off as a done deal. The presumptions are way off the mark IMO and, no, I don't think the presumptions are justified. If I'm wrong, people will find out soon enough and get to tell me they told me so.

There are 15 excellent candidates which is an excellent thing. No doubt some will have a strop if the ones selected aren't posters on here, but surely I can't be the only one who thinks that a touch ironic given accusations of nepotism within the Trust. It's imperative the best candidates are chosen to help improve the Trust to best meet the future challenges of the Trust and improve the engagement with the membership and general fanbase. Different viewpoints are critical too. I know the plan is to put pen pics of each board member on the website, so everyone will get to see what the people selected stand for etc, and make their judgements accordingly.

Nepotism? How do you work that one out?

The practice of those in power favouring relatives or friends. There's a whole site of people on here I've flat out disagreed with on every topic under the sun over the years, same goes for the other 2.

Posting on here doesn't make us all friends you know, but it does give a much better idea of the person you're getting.

Hardly anyone outside of the Trust Board know the first thing about it's current incumbents.

And I didn't say their entire focus, I just said a strong theme, and it wasn't just me who thought this.

The current Trust Board clearly have a safety first cosy relationship with the Club and it seemed they don't want anyone coming in and changing that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 16:02 - Dec 8 with 2090 viewsmonmouth

Maybe Ux because with the 3 off here we KNOW for certain that we aren’t getting more cosy committeemen (and I’m not saying you are one), but passionate people who will really stand up and be counted. We have years of experience of knowing where all three stand. With unknowns that risk remains. Plus, I don’t know about Chris’s background but In terms of Lisa and Andrew, we know they are used to operating at senior levels in serious jobs, and still are. Retired schoolteachers they are not. That’s a fact, not a sneer, as I’ve done public service, private cutthroat and education in my time, and I know who I’d rather on my supporters board at this critical time.

Login to get fewer ads

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 16:12 - Dec 8 with 2070 viewsUxbridge

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 16:02 - Dec 8 by monmouth

Maybe Ux because with the 3 off here we KNOW for certain that we aren’t getting more cosy committeemen (and I’m not saying you are one), but passionate people who will really stand up and be counted. We have years of experience of knowing where all three stand. With unknowns that risk remains. Plus, I don’t know about Chris’s background but In terms of Lisa and Andrew, we know they are used to operating at senior levels in serious jobs, and still are. Retired schoolteachers they are not. That’s a fact, not a sneer, as I’ve done public service, private cutthroat and education in my time, and I know who I’d rather on my supporters board at this critical time.

Unknown to you, or unknown to people on here maybe. Not unknown. A couple of the applicants for example are very active on the facebook side for example. I know a few of the other applicants are known for other reasons too.

Anyway, I think all three would be excellent additions. Said so enough times for their heads to swell sufficiently. If any of them are unsuccessful, it doesn't mean the Trust board doesn't want people with a differing view on there. Well, it might, I can't predict with total certainty how the vote will go, but it could just mean there was somebody else.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 16:28 - Dec 8 with 2039 viewsTheResurrection

Question for the members of the Trust on here and posters in general.

With all the flack, and rightly so, the Trust is getting at the moment, how do you think the Board should have gone about the process of selecting Co-optee's?

I maybe barking up the wrong tree here so shoot me down if so, but don't you think they ALL should have had a say on what interview questions they would be asking and what they were hoping to achieve from them?

Also the people on the interviewing panel, were they all from the same safety first, moderate, cosy club, and if so should they alone have been allowed to dictate the theme of questioning and therefore, profiling of who is better to come on board?

What does everyone think on here?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 16:37 - Dec 8 with 2014 viewsDarran

Is it a secret as to who the 15 applicants are?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:24 - Dec 8 with 1953 viewsOldjack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 16:28 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

Question for the members of the Trust on here and posters in general.

With all the flack, and rightly so, the Trust is getting at the moment, how do you think the Board should have gone about the process of selecting Co-optee's?

I maybe barking up the wrong tree here so shoot me down if so, but don't you think they ALL should have had a say on what interview questions they would be asking and what they were hoping to achieve from them?

Also the people on the interviewing panel, were they all from the same safety first, moderate, cosy club, and if so should they alone have been allowed to dictate the theme of questioning and therefore, profiling of who is better to come on board?

What does everyone think on here?

I get the feeling that if your gonna really rock the boat, you've failed the interview ,next please ,Ah Lisa fancy you'll be rocking the boat as well? Next ,Ah ECB ,I heard you have a cunning plan ...... ,fuk off you'll hear about it when i'm onboard
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 17:27]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:33 - Dec 8 with 1943 viewsexiledclaseboy

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:09 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

I'm afraid to say but yes, that was certainly the impression I got as all their questions related to collective responsibility, that and one other question as to how I viewed the relationship between club and Trust.

Speaking to Clase after his interview and he thought exactly the same thing, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying so on his behalf.

Not at all. Except that I wouldn’t say ALL the questions related to collective responsibility, as you pointed out in a later post, just most of them. For what it’s worth I told them that if I ended up on the wrong side of a board decision after a vote I’d accept that. Of course I would. That’s how it works. I also said that I’d be more than happy to say publicly, whether on here or anywhere else, what my own view was if it differed from others. I won’t defend an action I don’t agree with. If that makes me unsuited for the board, so be it. I’ve got enough on so I won’t be losing any sleep over it.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 17:36]

Poll: Tory leader

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:40 - Dec 8 with 1916 viewsTheResurrection

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:33 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

Not at all. Except that I wouldn’t say ALL the questions related to collective responsibility, as you pointed out in a later post, just most of them. For what it’s worth I told them that if I ended up on the wrong side of a board decision after a vote I’d accept that. Of course I would. That’s how it works. I also said that I’d be more than happy to say publicly, whether on here or anywhere else, what my own view was if it differed from others. I won’t defend an action I don’t agree with. If that makes me unsuited for the board, so be it. I’ve got enough on so I won’t be losing any sleep over it.

Yes indeed. The one other question was how I viewed the relationship between the Trust and the Club?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:43 - Dec 8 with 1909 viewsexiledclaseboy

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:40 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

Yes indeed. The one other question was how I viewed the relationship between the Trust and the Club?

Yup. Same here. My answer to that was the the trust’s primary focus should always be to represent its members first and foremost.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:46 - Dec 8 with 1894 viewsmonmouth

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:33 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

That is EXACTLY the accountability that is needed. By all means go by the majority but make your own vote and viewpoint absolutely transparent.

There is no excuse for anything else. It is not the Government, or a FTSE company, it is a supporters trust board that the members should know what their represebntatives are voting so they can be held to account at elections. That NEVER needs to be secret, unlike some minimal information that must be confidential. In fact a total reversal of current behaviour.

I suspect that will scare most of these people shitless. They don't join committees to be accountable. They join to 'serve'....ie tell their friends they are on 'the board', bake cakes and run raffles. Effectively, we are at war now, fighting for life, and we need people who can cope with that footing.

I can't tell you how much I hope I have the current lot pegged wrongly, but I don't think I do.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:56 - Dec 8 with 1873 viewsVetchfielder

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:46 - Dec 8 by monmouth

That is EXACTLY the accountability that is needed. By all means go by the majority but make your own vote and viewpoint absolutely transparent.

There is no excuse for anything else. It is not the Government, or a FTSE company, it is a supporters trust board that the members should know what their represebntatives are voting so they can be held to account at elections. That NEVER needs to be secret, unlike some minimal information that must be confidential. In fact a total reversal of current behaviour.

I suspect that will scare most of these people shitless. They don't join committees to be accountable. They join to 'serve'....ie tell their friends they are on 'the board', bake cakes and run raffles. Effectively, we are at war now, fighting for life, and we need people who can cope with that footing.

I can't tell you how much I hope I have the current lot pegged wrongly, but I don't think I do.

Yes, absolutely right.

This approach regarding collective responsibility by ECB and Res is so refreshing- well done and also for voicing it up front in the interview.

I'm not sure how Lisa stands on the collective responsibility aspect of the role but I nonetheless wish all 3 of you the best of luck (not the right word , but you know what I mean)

Proud to have been one of the 231

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:12 - Dec 8 with 1847 viewsUxbridge

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:46 - Dec 8 by monmouth

Course it is exactly how it should work.

Worth noting I've publicly disagreed with Trust decisions without being kicked off the board. I really don't think anyone would have a problem with doing that, and certainly you can't expect someone to publicly argue for something they fundamentally disagree with. It's why I feel Phil had little option but to resign ... as chair he would have had to present the view.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:16 - Dec 8 with 1838 viewsTheResurrection

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:43 - Dec 8 by exiledclaseboy

Yup. Same here. My answer to that was the the trust’s primary focus should always be to represent its members first and foremost.

Mine was I saw it like a patronised little brother or words closely to that effect.

Subservient Labrador.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:17 - Dec 8 with 1831 viewsexiledclaseboy

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:16 - Dec 8 by TheResurrection

Mine was I saw it like a patronised little brother or words closely to that effect.

Subservient Labrador.

I did say we have different styles.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:19 - Dec 8 with 1818 viewsBobby_Fischer

The meek will inherit the club?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:23 - Dec 8 with 1802 viewsGaryjack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:19 - Dec 8 by Bobby_Fischer

The meek will inherit the club?

I'm glad they're getting something, cos they had a hell of a time!
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:36 - Dec 8 with 1769 viewsmax936

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 14:12 - Dec 8 by monmouth

Love it Monny get yourself on it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 19:01 - Dec 8 with 1727 viewsjasfan

Having worked in different sectors I have to agree.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 19:05 - Dec 8 with 1714 viewsmax936

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 13:45 - Dec 8 by Darran

Fair play to you mind you seem to be doing everything you can not to get co-opted.

Why cause he didn’t say yes yes to everything asked and you was the one that said if he doesn’t get I on that’s it for you and the Trust, and you accuse others of being thick FairPlay you’ve excelled yourself again, some achievement that fair do’s

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024