Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion 11:20 - Jan 1 with 53882 viewsQJumpingJack

Davies critical of the Trust and claims meetings did happen in March??

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swans-shareholder-rob-davies-says-club-heading-o
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:25]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:49 - Jan 1 with 1996 viewsexiledclaseboy

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:47 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Nothing to do with being desperate to cling on to Premiership football. If the backroom wasnt how it was, I may actually be advocating relegation so the club can manage its costs again as they have clearly spiralled, before making a concerted effort for promotion again.

As it stands I think relegation will be the start of a major spiralling of fortunes.

Also nothing to do with "giving Jenkins more time". It is a realisation that he is low on the list of pressing concerns and taking focus off them to concentrate on what is a futile engagement is hugely damaging to the club.

Yesterday you said this about the trust’s statement, which contains a clear and unequivocal “Jenkins must go” message:

“Stunning statement, so refreshing I can type the following words after a Trust action....

Excellent work, that is EXACTLY how to represent a fanbase.”

Have you changed your mind?

Poll: Tory leader

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:49 - Jan 1 with 1996 viewsJack_Kass

I really don't know where Jenkins finds the time to scout all the players we want to sign.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:51 - Jan 1 with 1971 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:43 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

You have gone back a step.

Which players?

No idea which players I haven’t seen the list that’s been compiled.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:51 - Jan 1 with 1968 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:35 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

You are coming from a sensible football owner persepctive. Again we must go through the eyes of our owners, who are most certainly not the above.

As we have seen from appointments such as Donovan, Pearlman, Mr Moneyball, Brad Bobley etc trust is massive for these guys. If there is no Jenkins then I very much doubt they will be giving millions to a bloke they probably never heard of a week ago. It will be someone like Donovan or they will not invest at all.

As you agree performance isnt the driving force, then this personal tittle tattle needs to take a back seat then as we are in a critical time on the field and even more critical time off it - with Jenkins not a real factor in either.

I’m not really getting your last paragraph. Absolutely agree that it’s personal tittle tattle (although he has shown himself to be both incompetent and for want of a better word, a liar recently). If he isn’t really a factor though, does it damage us if he is hounded out? They are either going to sanction funds in January or they aren’t. I don’t see why they would particularly trust Jenkins to spend either, bearing in mind he has proved himself not very good at it and has essentially blamed them for poor decisions in his recent outburst.

Plus, if it were any other club under any other owners, I’d imagine they’d have a fairly robust list of transfer targets, an idea of how much they would cost and how realistic they are by now.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:54 - Jan 1 with 1939 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:49 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

Yesterday you said this about the trust’s statement, which contains a clear and unequivocal “Jenkins must go” message:

“Stunning statement, so refreshing I can type the following words after a Trust action....

I did indeed, and stand by it, although the "Jenkins must go" was a tiny fraction of that statement was it not? Without going back to read it - did it not just consist of 2 lines at the end?

The statement stood up for itself and the fans for the first time in years and addressed issues with honest language. I am fully behind the view that Jenkins should go, I have never said otherwise. But it is a matter of timing in that issue, I certainly dont think he should go right this second.

It most certainly should not be anything like the pressing issue it is becoming and the fact it is taking over other matters that are of extreme importance is causing even more issues than Jenkins remaining. But people cannot see that, well not until it is too late as per usual no doubt.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:55 - Jan 1 with 1935 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:49 - Jan 1 by exiledclaseboy

Of course he hasn’t changed his mind he hasn’t got one he’s just trolling.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:55 - Jan 1 with 1930 viewsDewi1jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:43 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

You have gone back a step.

Which players?

The players Carvalhal wants would be a good start, rather than the N'Gog/ Tabafatty type Beaky has been giving managers.

BTW.
You want people pulling in the same direction, so have you now paid your £10 for Trust membership now they've changed their stance?
Maybe convince us we're wrong through debate and showing us legal action against the sellers is wrong from the inside.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:56 - Jan 1 with 1927 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:51 - Jan 1 by Darran

No idea which players I haven’t seen the list that’s been compiled.

List compiled by whom?

(To save time, instead of replying, reply in your head and read the post that was already written as the reply to it)

Login to get fewer ads

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:59 - Jan 1 with 1905 viewsATFV

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

It is better the devil you know at the moment.

Not about who I trust, it's about who the Americans trust. They are the ones who sanction the cash.

Say we get rid of Jenkins now. Who do the Yanks trust with their cash? My guess is Landon Donovan who probably doesnt have a clue what is going on here... Or nobody.

Jenkins signings last January proved a revelation in Ayew and Olsson, no doubt they played a huge part in keeping us up. Whether he will do it again is another question all together.

But the performance of Jenkins isnt really what is the driving force behind this newly formed campaign is it - lets be honest.

Personally I don’t think a man that makes up Board meeting minutes is fit to run a £100m+ turnover company. How about you?
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 1904 viewsdonkonky

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:51 - Jan 1 by jack247

I’m not really getting your last paragraph. Absolutely agree that it’s personal tittle tattle (although he has shown himself to be both incompetent and for want of a better word, a liar recently). If he isn’t really a factor though, does it damage us if he is hounded out? They are either going to sanction funds in January or they aren’t. I don’t see why they would particularly trust Jenkins to spend either, bearing in mind he has proved himself not very good at it and has essentially blamed them for poor decisions in his recent outburst.

Plus, if it were any other club under any other owners, I’d imagine they’d have a fairly robust list of transfer targets, an idea of how much they would cost and how realistic they are by now.

“Plus, if it were any other club under any other owners, I’d imagine they’d have a fairly robust list of transfer targets, an idea of how much they would cost and how realistic they are by now.”
Exactly. If Jenkins was to step down are we really saying that there is nobody capable of filling that role? I’d like to think for this window at least Carlos should be calling the shots. If we’re going to get out of the bottom 3 it’s going to be his tactics, his formations and his decisions that will decide our fate. Let him get on with job he’s being payed to do.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 1901 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:51 - Jan 1 by jack247

Yes it absolutely damages us. There is a deal about to be signed which waives the Trusts right to go legal on the takeover (that includes the likes of Jenkins fake meeting et al), gives the Trust a paltry sum that will probably have to be given away to some charity and if relegated then thr Trust can be dragged out of the club for a pittance.

So while the focus has gone off this grtting signed to oust someone who is leaving anyway - I woukd say that damages us to the core. Wouldn't you?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 1896 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:56 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

List compiled by whom?

(To save time, instead of replying, reply in your head and read the post that was already written as the reply to it)

Why would I need to answer in my head when you asked me that and I politely answered half hour ago?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:03 - Jan 1 with 1861 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:00 - Jan 1 by donkonky

“Plus, if it were any other club under any other owners, I’d imagine they’d have a fairly robust list of transfer targets, an idea of how much they would cost and how realistic they are by now.”
Exactly. If Jenkins was to step down are we really saying that there is nobody capable of filling that role? I’d like to think for this window at least Carlos should be calling the shots. If we’re going to get out of the bottom 3 it’s going to be his tactics, his formations and his decisions that will decide our fate. Let him get on with job he’s being payed to do.

You are missing the point again. You are currently a step behind with Darran.

You are again soeaking from a position of power. You do not make the decisions. You sound like you are making a case for his dismissal and weighing uo who YOU feel could step in and do a job. The discussion should be who the AMERICANS feel can step in and do the job.

YOU would like to think Carlos would call the shots. THE AMERICANS have a history of leaning on people they trust, so would imagine someone they hadnt heard of a week ago is pretty low down that list.

Too many people thinking through the wrong eyes it is frightening.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:03 - Jan 1 with 1862 viewsATFV

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:01 - Jan 1 by dobjack2

His role in Overseeing player acquisitions his actions as chairman of the club re the share sale and his admissions in court should be enough.

However with the transfer window on top of us, I agree with you now is not the time simply because a replacement would involve time that we just don’t have.

I’m sure if Pearlman was trusted to negotiate the Liberty lease deal with the Council he’d be trusted to bargain and barter with Andy Yiadom’s agent.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 1849 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:00 - Jan 1 by Darran

Why would I need to answer in my head when you asked me that and I politely answered half hour ago?

Because I replied in very good detail.

You seemed to ignore it and went back to discussion step one, hence why I asked you to reply in your head and read my reply to that as it woukd save us all some time.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:06 - Jan 1 with 1840 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:03 - Jan 1 by ATFV

I’m sure if Pearlman was trusted to negotiate the Liberty lease deal with the Council he’d be trusted to bargain and barter with Andy Yiadom’s agent.

Exactly. Bye Huw. 👋🏻

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:10 - Jan 1 with 1812 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:59 - Jan 1 by ATFV

Personally I don’t think a man that makes up Board meeting minutes is fit to run a £100m+ turnover company. How about you?

I dont think the Americans are fit to run a sports team, I dont think Rangel should be considered a member of the matchday squad, I dont think Routledge is fit to be a Premier League player, I also dont think Jenkins ahould be kept on.

But I also understand that there are far more oressing matters than the above, and to take the focus off these mayyers to deal with anything that is largely futile in comparison is just as damaging as anything he has ever done.

The fambase is standing by while we sign over the club lock stock and barrel for a few crumbs ensuring we can never have a say in its future again - and we are throwing that away for what exactly? To try and get someone out who will be gone soon anyway?

Makes sense.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:12 - Jan 1 with 1788 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:06 - Jan 1 by Darran

Exactly. Bye Huw. 👋🏻

Again through the wrong eyes. They clearly trust Huw too.

You are speaking from a position of power, you have none. Which is ironic considering you are ignoring the fight to regain power in order for this futile spat.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:12 - Jan 1 with 1780 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:00 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Yes it absolutely damages us. There is a deal about to be signed which waives the Trusts right to go legal on the takeover (that includes the likes of Jenkins fake meeting et al), gives the Trust a paltry sum that will probably have to be given away to some charity and if relegated then thr Trust can be dragged out of the club for a pittance.

So while the focus has gone off this grtting signed to oust someone who is leaving anyway - I woukd say that damages us to the core. Wouldn't you?

I don’t disagree there at all. Completely with you that stopping the share sale is more important.

Where we do disagree, is you see it as a one or the other scenario. We have some fairly clued up new members of the trust board who have made their feelings on it known. I’m sure they aren’t going to lose focus on that, whether Jenkins is here or not.

It is quite easy for supporters groups to discredit Jenkins. It’s a much harder sell to convince people that the previous trust board ignored QC advice and essentially hoodwinked it’s members into voting for a sale, particularly when 2 of the, were on the board at the time (whether they were in favour or not).
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:15 - Jan 1 with 1766 viewsdonkonky

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:03 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

You are missing the point again. You are currently a step behind with Darran.

You are again soeaking from a position of power. You do not make the decisions. You sound like you are making a case for his dismissal and weighing uo who YOU feel could step in and do a job. The discussion should be who the AMERICANS feel can step in and do the job.

YOU would like to think Carlos would call the shots. THE AMERICANS have a history of leaning on people they trust, so would imagine someone they hadnt heard of a week ago is pretty low down that list.

Too many people thinking through the wrong eyes it is frightening.

If the Americans don’t trust Carlos then why sanction his employment as manager, a pretty vital role in things don’t you agree? And yes as I mere fan I have no say in anything, only an opinion. Obviously not as clued up as you seem to be as I’m a step behind you. Listen I’d prefer football men calling the shots on transfer decisions or at least having a say. How do you have so much faith in HJ being the only possible person capable of being involved in the transfer selection process? Why is he so vital?
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:17 - Jan 1 with 1745 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:12 - Jan 1 by jack247

I don’t disagree there at all. Completely with you that stopping the share sale is more important.

Where we do disagree, is you see it as a one or the other scenario. We have some fairly clued up new members of the trust board who have made their feelings on it known. I’m sure they aren’t going to lose focus on that, whether Jenkins is here or not.

It is quite easy for supporters groups to discredit Jenkins. It’s a much harder sell to convince people that the previous trust board ignored QC advice and essentially hoodwinked it’s members into voting for a sale, particularly when 2 of the, were on the board at the time (whether they were in favour or not).

It is one or the other, or certainly at the very least one will affect the other, no question.

Although an excellent Trust release - do you believe their focus was taken off this share sale to deal with this? Do you think peoples minds have been taken off the share sale as this Jenkins stuff comes into the fore?

I think it is as certain as you can get that it has without question.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:19 - Jan 1 with 1724 viewsexiledclaseboy

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:17 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

It is one or the other, or certainly at the very least one will affect the other, no question.

Although an excellent Trust release - do you believe their focus was taken off this share sale to deal with this? Do you think peoples minds have been taken off the share sale as this Jenkins stuff comes into the fore?

I’ve no idea whether you’ll believe me or not but I can absolutely guarantee that no one on the Trust board has taken their focus away from the proposed share sale. It’s very much at the forefront of everyone’s thinking.

Poll: Tory leader

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:20 - Jan 1 with 1721 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:15 - Jan 1 by donkonky

If the Americans don’t trust Carlos then why sanction his employment as manager, a pretty vital role in things don’t you agree? And yes as I mere fan I have no say in anything, only an opinion. Obviously not as clued up as you seem to be as I’m a step behind you. Listen I’d prefer football men calling the shots on transfer decisions or at least having a say. How do you have so much faith in HJ being the only possible person capable of being involved in the transfer selection process? Why is he so vital?

They think he was better than Clement and teust him to manage the team I would have thought.

American sports teams and teams in general these days do not have the manager as someone to bring in players. It is a committee of people, even the likes of Liverpool operate in this way. So whether they teust him as manager and hether they trust him with tens of millions of clubs money are two majory differing questions.

Again, you are asking the wrong person the wrong questions. It is not a case of me having faith in him. It is the case of the Americans having faith in him. I just happen to realise we need to make signings and know that I am not in a positiom of power to decide who makes them once Huw Jenkins goes, so the fact you think others can do it is irrelevant as you dont decide.

From experience it would seem the Americans would go with somoene like a Pearlman, Donovan or nobody at all. So if the choice as it stands in the situation we are in - Jenkins signing, no signings or Donavan signings then the answer is an easy one.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 14:23]

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 1713 viewsATFV

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:10 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

I dont think the Americans are fit to run a sports team, I dont think Rangel should be considered a member of the matchday squad, I dont think Routledge is fit to be a Premier League player, I also dont think Jenkins ahould be kept on.

But I also understand that there are far more oressing matters than the above, and to take the focus off these mayyers to deal with anything that is largely futile in comparison is just as damaging as anything he has ever done.

The fambase is standing by while we sign over the club lock stock and barrel for a few crumbs ensuring we can never have a say in its future again - and we are throwing that away for what exactly? To try and get someone out who will be gone soon anyway?

Makes sense.

You go to great lengths to tell everyone how special you are...and yet you can’t multi-task?

In no way has the effort to have a new vote on the share deal been stopped. Indeed people have done a helluva more towards that than you have. And indeed it could be argued that the pressure applied to Jenkins led to his press meltdown which led to the Trust statement that will no doubt spell the end for that share purchase anyway.

I’m surprised a “master tactician” like you can’t see that.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:22 - Jan 1 with 1996 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:17 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

The trust release was a direct response to Huw Jenkins’ comments. They were pretty much backed into a corner and thankfully came out fighting.

Certainly public attention has shifted to Jenkins. The share sale wasn’t a particularly sexy topic for the causal fan. You’d have to ask ECB, Lisa etc if they’ve suddenly forgotten about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024