Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion 11:20 - Jan 1 with 53934 viewsQJumpingJack

Davies critical of the Trust and claims meetings did happen in March??

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swans-shareholder-rob-davies-says-club-heading-o
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:25]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:09 - Jan 1 with 2115 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

It is better the devil you know at the moment.

Not about who I trust, it's about who the Americans trust. They are the ones who sanction the cash.

Say we get rid of Jenkins now. Who do the Yanks trust with their cash? My guess is Landon Donovan who probably doesnt have a clue what is going on here... Or nobody.

Jenkins signings last January proved a revelation in Ayew and Olsson, no doubt they played a huge part in keeping us up. Whether he will do it again is another question all together.

But the performance of Jenkins isnt really what is the driving force behind this newly formed campaign is it - lets be honest.

Not sure I agree with that.

Putting emotions to one side, his performance over the last couple of seasons speaks for itself. Yes, he made some great signings last January, if he was fit for purpose, he wouldn’t have had to as he would have done a competent job the previous summer.

On top of that, his statement the other day implies strained relations with the Americans as well as the Trust. It makes little difference to me whether he goes now or at the end of the season. He needs to go though.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:11 - Jan 1 with 2084 viewsDr_Winston

Did we buy it from Jaxx Tractors?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:12 - Jan 1 with 2080 viewsthornabyswan

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:04 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Correct.

Fighting the wrong battles at the wrong times.

The targets will be lined up hopefully the new manager will have some input.
We just need somebody to negotiate the fees contracts Etc.
Surely there is someone within the club to do this Pearlman possibly

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:15 - Jan 1 with 2052 viewsHighjack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:09 - Jan 1 by jack247

Putting emotions to one side, his performance over the last couple of seasons speaks for itself. Yes, he made some great signings last January, if he was fit for purpose, he wouldn’t have had to as he would have done a competent job the previous summer.

On top of that, his statement the other day implies strained relations with the Americans as well as the Trust. It makes little difference to me whether he goes now or at the end of the season. He needs to go though.

Most of the signings from last January we've been after since 2013. It usually takes about 8 transfer windows for him to actually land the players we're after, and by that point they aren't very good anymore.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:15 - Jan 1 with 2047 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:09 - Jan 1 by jack247

I agree he needs to go, he ce why I said better the devil you know "at the moment".

We all agree we need signings to stay up. If you want signings that give as a chance of that then to get rid of him now is counter productive. Unless of course you trust the likes of Donovan or think we have enough about us without signing anyone at all - in which case I would be fascinated to hear the reasoning.

My point is performance is not the driving force behind this campaign. It is a personal dislike and a thirst for revenge, which is fine, but do it at the right times and if picking a battle then choose the one that is immanently going to put the club at severe risk not this almost irrelevant spat (irrelevant to what the actual pressing matters are).

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:20 - Jan 1 with 2012 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:12 - Jan 1 by thornabyswan

The targets will be lined up hopefully the new manager will have some input.
We just need somebody to negotiate the fees contracts Etc.
Surely there is someone within the club to do this Pearlman possibly

But people are once again thinking about this from completely the wrong angle. We are not the ones in a position of power, so any angle of thinking must be from that of the Americans as they are the decision makers, right?

So with that in mind. If there is a list of targets now, that would have been compiled by Jenkins and co. If the Americans are happy to part with cash to land these players, regardless of manager input, then they must still have some level of faith in him. So if they have some level of faith in him at such a critical time - why would they get rid of him? The answer of course is they wont.

He has said he may well step down at the end of the season. Great then, done.

Now focus must be 100% on supporting the side out of this mess and stopping this ego centric deal, that will do just as much to damage the club as the sellouts did. Turning the Liberty into a negative bowl of nonsense each game is not helping, he has already said he is leaving. Now support the side.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 13:22]

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:22 - Jan 1 with 1997 viewsJack59

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 11:37 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

Invested on the day of the Hull game.

I meant the morning, obviously. Definitely the morning.

Well at 5pm GMT it was still morning in some parts of the world, so however clear something appears on the surface, it may be very murky just below.

Obviously, we are dealing with very low forms of life here, they believe that in general terms, the fans of this club are unorganised, unintelligent mugs who will believe anything, and can easily be taken advantage of financially, and emotionally.
Ironically, I believe that's also the way the Americans viewed the previous board.

Absolute scum the lot of them!
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:22 - Jan 1 with 1994 viewsKennedy

Do clubs change their Chairmen that often?

I remember Sunderland changing theirs a few times.

(Yes, and agree Jenkins needs to go)

Just call me JFK

Login to get fewer ads

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:24 - Jan 1 with 1966 viewsPrivate_Partz

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 11:57 - Jan 1 by dobjack2

Will always be greatful for those who really saved the club.

Problem is not that the shareholders sold their shares but how they sold them and without really knowing who they were selling them to.

It appears that they put their own self interest ahead of the long term future of the club.

Heroes to zeros.

Absolutely. That is an excellent answer to the The Res post. I don't think anyone denies the good work done up until the sacking of ML. There were a couple of good points since then but generally it has been a car crash,
The tin hat was put on it selling to a Hedge Fund with what seems to be no due dillegence whatsoever and excluding the supporters representatives in the process. We are now reaping the rewards.
Very few would have complained about their pay day, although it is a shame they did not recognise others who helped them get there.
They cannot be excused for what has happened to the club since as a result if their haste to get the cash in. We are on a never ending downward spiral at the moment.
The sell outs need to take their cash and go. That is the right balance for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:25 - Jan 1 with 1958 viewsFlashberryjack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 by Jokeren1943

"“But what will happen then? The American money has kept the club afloat, but they are a bit remote on the other side of the Atlantic."

What money?

"The American money has kept the club afloat"
What money ? that's exactly what I thought.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:25 - Jan 1 with 1955 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:15 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

I agree he needs to go, he ce why I said better the devil you know "at the moment".

We all agree we need signings to stay up. If you want signings that give as a chance of that then to get rid of him now is counter productive. Unless of course you trust the likes of Donovan or think we have enough about us without signing anyone at all - in which case I would be fascinated to hear the reasoning.

My point is performance is not the driving force behind this campaign. It is a personal dislike and a thirst for revenge, which is fine, but do it at the right times and if picking a battle then choose the one that is immanently going to put the club at severe risk not this almost irrelevant spat (irrelevant to what the actual pressing matters are).

How about - Hey Carlos, you’re a football man, this is the budget, who do you think we should sign? I don’t see why Pearlman can’t do the negotiations, Jenkins would have been working within parameters anyway.

Your final paragraph is probably not far off the mark. At the very least there is an element of revenge driving the campaign. I’m not particularly bothered about that. I don’t begrudge him anything and don’t think we owe him anything. If it’s a case of wrong motive right outcome, I’ll be happy.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:26 - Jan 1 with 1950 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just Fack off .

Resign Jenkins

And take all the rats with you

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:26 - Jan 1 with 1947 viewsglobus10

Be interesting to see if we go for Mitrovic in the January window been looking at him for two years.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:27 - Jan 1 with 1938 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:03 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Compiled by whom Darren.

Think about what you type before you continue to make a complete fool of yourself again.

Think slowly before replying.

Compiled by the committee that includes Jenkins.
It’s good you agree it should have been compiled by now anyway so now there’s no need for him to stay just get one of the committee members to discuss terms with the new players coming in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:29 - Jan 1 with 1918 viewsHighjack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:26 - Jan 1 by globus10

Be interesting to see if we go for Mitrovic in the January window been looking at him for two years.

If we've been chasing him for 2 years then he's due to be next January's marquee signing.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:31 - Jan 1 with 1902 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:27 - Jan 1 by Darran

Compiled by the committee that includes Jenkins.
It’s good you agree it should have been compiled by now anyway so now there’s no need for him to stay just get one of the committee members to discuss terms with the new players coming in.

Correct. So if Jenkins was a major part of the committee to compile this list then the Americans are willing to part with the cash to acquire them because they trust him.

So then, why would they get rid of him? Because you want him gone?

Unless you have been in a coma for 2 years, you must have missed the fact that this whole problem surrounds the fact that there is no supporter input. So when you say there is no need for him to be there - what you mean is there is no need IN YOUR EYES for him to be there - the sooner people realise that supporter views are irrelevant the better.

Now how do we get those voices to mean something? I will hand this back to you to have another little think.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:32 - Jan 1 with 1892 viewsswancity

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

It is better the devil you know at the moment.

Not about who I trust, it's about who the Americans trust. They are the ones who sanction the cash.

Say we get rid of Jenkins now. Who do the Yanks trust with their cash? My guess is Landon Donovan who probably doesnt have a clue what is going on here... Or nobody.

Jenkins signings last January proved a revelation in Ayew and Olsson, no doubt they played a huge part in keeping us up. Whether he will do it again is another question all together.

But the performance of Jenkins isnt really what is the driving force behind this newly formed campaign is it - lets be honest.

Not too sure why you're being supportive of the man who is responsible for creating the division within Swansea City as a result of his selfish greedy actions. He needs to go soon so that the Club can once again start pulling in the same direction.
I'm not sure either why you've referred to two decidedly average signings from last year to support Jenkins, you're clutching at straws. He's a bad apple. No doubting that despite what you say.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:35 - Jan 1 with 1867 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:25 - Jan 1 by jack247

How about - Hey Carlos, you’re a football man, this is the budget, who do you think we should sign? I don’t see why Pearlman can’t do the negotiations, Jenkins would have been working within parameters anyway.

Your final paragraph is probably not far off the mark. At the very least there is an element of revenge driving the campaign. I’m not particularly bothered about that. I don’t begrudge him anything and don’t think we owe him anything. If it’s a case of wrong motive right outcome, I’ll be happy.

You are coming from a sensible football owner persepctive. Again we must go through the eyes of our owners, who are most certainly not the above.

As we have seen from appointments such as Donovan, Pearlman, Mr Moneyball, Brad Bobley etc trust is massive for these guys. If there is no Jenkins then I very much doubt they will be giving millions to a bloke they probably never heard of a week ago. It will be someone like Donovan or they will not invest at all.

As you agree performance isnt the driving force, then this personal tittle tattle needs to take a back seat then as we are in a critical time on the field and even more critical time off it - with Jenkins not a real factor in either.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:39 - Jan 1 with 1845 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:31 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Correct. So if Jenkins was a major part of the committee to compile this list then the Americans are willing to part with the cash to acquire them because they trust him.

So then, why would they get rid of him? Because you want him gone?

Unless you have been in a coma for 2 years, you must have missed the fact that this whole problem surrounds the fact that there is no supporter input. So when you say there is no need for him to be there - what you mean is there is no need IN YOUR EYES for him to be there - the sooner people realise that supporter views are irrelevant the better.

Now how do we get those voices to mean something? I will hand this back to you to have another little think.

So there’s nobody else at the club who could take instructions off the Yanks and along with a lawyer negotiate with new players over joining our club?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:40 - Jan 1 with 1832 viewsSmellyplumz

And this thread sums up nicely why this club is fůcked, people don't know who to blame, fans giving many different types of advice or just rowing with each other. E20 so desperate to cling into the premiership and the awful football that he's happy to give Jenkins more time. Divided and conquered.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:42 - Jan 1 with 1812 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:32 - Jan 1 by swancity

Not too sure why you're being supportive of the man who is responsible for creating the division within Swansea City as a result of his selfish greedy actions. He needs to go soon so that the Club can once again start pulling in the same direction.
I'm not sure either why you've referred to two decidedly average signings from last year to support Jenkins, you're clutching at straws. He's a bad apple. No doubting that despite what you say.

Where am I being supportive? I think hes a lying, greedy c*nt.

I am just taking the revenge glasses off and making a sensible observation that making this priority number one will probably kill the club as we know it.

Governments love celebrity culture, when they are due to pass a very important piece of legislation the coincide its public release with a celebrity scandal so it attracts the gaze of the morons. It feels remarkably similar to what is going on here. An apocolyptic deal is about to be signed and the gaze of the morons is on Jenkins (who probably isnt even going to be here in 6 months time anyway), if it is not an ingeniously created scenario by the Americans then they certainly stumbled acros one, and it is working a treat.

I am not sure why you are deciding to forget the impact of the January signings though. All three were a huge upgrade on what they replaced. Huge. Without them we would be in the Championship, no question.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:43 - Jan 1 with 1800 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:40 - Jan 1 by Smellyplumz

And this thread sums up nicely why this club is fůcked, people don't know who to blame, fans giving many different types of advice or just rowing with each other. E20 so desperate to cling into the premiership and the awful football that he's happy to give Jenkins more time. Divided and conquered.

I don’t think there’s much of a divide on here there’s only one or two that are thick as fuçk.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:43 - Jan 1 with 1794 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:39 - Jan 1 by Darran

So there’s nobody else at the club who could take instructions off the Yanks and along with a lawyer negotiate with new players over joining our club?

You have gone back a step.

Which players?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:47 - Jan 1 with 1766 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:40 - Jan 1 by Smellyplumz

Nothing to do with being desperate to cling on to Premiership football. If the backroom wasnt how it was, I may actually be advocating relegation so the club can manage its costs again as they have clearly spiralled, before making a concerted effort for promotion again.

As it stands I think relegation will be the start of a major spiralling of fortunes.

Also nothing to do with "giving Jenkins more time". It is a realisation that he is low on the list of pressing concerns and taking focus off them to concentrate on what is a futile engagement is hugely damaging to the club.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 1929 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:43 - Jan 1 by Darran

I don’t think there’s much of a divide on here there’s only one or two that are thick as fuçk.

Or ones like you who cant see the wood for the trees and are constantly two or three steps behind what is actually going on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024