Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion 11:20 - Jan 1 with 53960 viewsQJumpingJack

Davies critical of the Trust and claims meetings did happen in March??

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swans-shareholder-rob-davies-says-club-heading-o
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:25]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:21 - Jan 1 with 2535 viewsdobjack2

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:09 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Yes I agree with that although I think whoever they sold to there would have been recriminations.

Recriminations- depends on what the new owners did.

Do I suspect that the Americans talked a good talk and haven’t lived up to that talk - yes.

But I also suspect that a desperation to sell in case we were relegated was the driving factor behind the deal rather than ensuring the long term security of the club. Why else keep the trust out of it as they put an end to Americans mark1.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:21 - Jan 1 with 2533 viewsJackBaston

I'm sure if there was a meeting there would be a record, especially by Huw 'I just sign things' Jenkins, so like the trust and the scsa have been doing, when there's actual proof for these allegations that's when they'll respond to a loud mouth twonk like him

I always find it funny how all the previous shareholders go back to 2001 and saving the club, but were desperate to sell asap on the sly and havent put a single penny of their own money into the club since
You can guarantee that if i had 9 million I'd be helping the club out with a mil or two towards the debt the current shareholders put us in that we had to be saved by Americans

Unless of course they're worried that they may be sued, guess we'll see
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 with 2499 viewsJokeren1943

"“But what will happen then? The American money has kept the club afloat, but they are a bit remote on the other side of the Atlantic."

What money?
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 with 2488 viewsE20Jack

You have to remain critical and balanced on everything folks. Far too much of a mob mentality happening of late and losing what is in front of you.

Yes I think hes a c*nt, yes I think most of what he says is rubbish coming from a slightly unbalanced and self serving perspective - but there is also an element of truth there too.

Ego has run wild at the club, that includes Trust level. Look at the "tail wagging the dog" comment. Look at the pushing through of this awful deal - it is all ego and it is that which will kill us off. To ignore that just because someone you dont like, or is from "the other side" said it - is criminal.

I have never agreed with these Jenkins out campaigns. Why choose a route of most destruction when you can choose a route of least destruction that does the same thing?

We as a fanbase should be focussed on two things:-

1) Stopping the deal which makes us continue to get into bed with these people. Going legal and getting what our supporters deserve for their shares in order to become fan owned in the future. Once that happens you can get rid of who you like and it be completely our decision. Otherwise battles like this will be a weekly thing for the life of the club.

2) Supporting the new manager and the players. Once relegation happens the real rot will begin at a rate of knots.

This ego centric Jenkins out campaign needs to be sidetracked, I have told the leaders of this before its inception and have said it since. It is so far down the list of priorities it is laughable. People putting revenge and personal dislikes above the club is the same as putting money and greed before the wellbeing of the club - the irony of that is actually quite remarkable.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 12:34]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:28 - Jan 1 with 2475 viewsFireboy2

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:09 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Yes I agree with that although I think whoever they sold to there would have been recriminations.

Possibly but i suspect the chinese are not hedge fund managers and i think that they would have been in it for the long haul

The sellouts didnt sell their shares to the chinese possibly because they werent offering aa much as the yanks
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:29 - Jan 1 with 2460 viewsharryhpalmer

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:11 - Jan 1 by thornabyswan

Possibly I mentioned something similar on another thread.
Surely the allegation of the 20 million that was offered to the Trust can be cleared up easy enough there must have been minutes for this alleged meeting.

would that be made up minutes?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:31 - Jan 1 with 2445 viewsHighjack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 by Jokeren1943

"“But what will happen then? The American money has kept the club afloat, but they are a bit remote on the other side of the Atlantic."

What money?

We've got an extra £200 on our overdraft now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:31 - Jan 1 with 2438 viewsclloy2

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:19 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

It was cleared up yesterday though.

Perhaps this was written before he realised that there was a detailed list of meetings, dates, and who was there that may have helped his recollection?

It would have saved all that racking of brains - was it March? was it £10m or £20m? Who was there? What year did we play Hull?

There's a common theme playing out here, and that is wealth certainly doesn't do anything for ones memory !!
Login to get fewer ads

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:31 - Jan 1 with 2436 viewsPhil_S

I’ve only ever met Rob Davies a few times and certainly never in a meeting where any offers were made for trust shares

I guess someone needs to ask Rob quite why he wanted to make that up

As for the egos ... 😂
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:37 - Jan 1 with 2374 viewsharryhpalmer

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

You have to remain critical and balanced on everything folks. Far too much of a mob mentality happening of late and losing what is in front of you.

Yes I think hes a c*nt, yes I think most of what he says is rubbish coming from a slightly unbalanced and self serving perspective - but there is also an element of truth there too.

Ego has run wild at the club, that includes Trust level. Look at the "tail wagging the dog" comment. Look at the pushing through of this awful deal - it is all ego and it is that which will kill us off. To ignore that just because someone you dont like, or is from "the other side" said it - is criminal.

I have never agreed with these Jenkins out campaigns. Why choose a route of most destruction when you can choose a route of least destruction that does the same thing?

1) Stopping the deal which makes us continue to get into bed with these people. Going legal and getting what our supporters deserve for their shares in order to become fan owned in the future. Once that happens you can get rid of who you like and it be completely our decision. Otherwise battles like this will be a weekly thing for the life of the club.

2) Supporting the new manager and the players. Once relegation happens the real rot will begin at a rate of knots.

This ego centric Jenkins out campaign needs to be sidetracked, I have told the leaders of this before its inception and have said it since. It is so far down the list of priorities it is laughable. People putting revenge and personal dislikes above the club is the same as putting money and greed before the wellbeing of the club - the irony of that is actually quite remarkable.

E20, so does that mean you TRUST Jenkins to buy the players necessary to keep us in this (or any) League?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:38 - Jan 1 with 2359 viewsthornabyswan

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:19 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

It was cleared up yesterday though.

Perhaps this was written before he realised that there was a detailed list of meetings, dates, and who was there that may have helped his recollection?

It would have saved all that racking of brains - was it March? was it £10m or £20m? Who was there? What year did we play Hull?

Yes the Trust put out a very impressive statement yesterday to rebuff the claims.
But there are 12 trust board members 4 of whom have now been replaced.
I am not saying there has been any skullduggery but certain factions within the Trust do seem keen to avoid a court case.
People get told things outside of meetings we can t say with any certainty what individuals knew about the sale.
The Huw Cooze resignation unfortunate as it was showed we don't know everything that goes on.
This really does need to go to court so to protect the club and enable it to move forward hopefully.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:39 - Jan 1 with 2344 viewsPentyrchJack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:31 - Jan 1 by Phil_S

I’ve only ever met Rob Davies a few times and certainly never in a meeting where any offers were made for trust shares

As for the egos ... 😂

Phil - these are awful accusations so stay strong and do the right thing by taking them on
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 12:40]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:39 - Jan 1 with 2336 viewsmonmouth

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

I agree that there is only one pressing off field priority and that is the future of the Trust, and the ‘deal’

The Trust have refuted enough times that they were offered a purchase at the time, most recently in yesterday’s statement, and, if it were true that they had been offered then no legal advice on earth would have advocated court action to achieve what had been refused. Also if it were true that they ‘intended’ (hah) to offer 20m for the Trust’s shares then that offer must still be open, so just say yes now. Yeah, I know....pretty clear who is reinventing history here when you think about it, isn’t it.

Anyway. Let’s just get on with suing them is it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 12:41]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:41 - Jan 1 with 2307 viewsYossarian

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:31 - Jan 1 by Phil_S

As for the egos ... 😂

Thanks for setting things straight AGAIN. Less now said the batter.
End of.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 with 2285 viewsclloy2

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:26 - Jan 1 by Jokeren1943

What money?

The 28m they made from the last window
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 with 2282 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:37 - Jan 1 by harryhpalmer

E20, so does that mean you TRUST Jenkins to buy the players necessary to keep us in this (or any) League?

It is better the devil you know at the moment.

Not about who I trust, it's about who the Americans trust. They are the ones who sanction the cash.

Say we get rid of Jenkins now. Who do the Yanks trust with their cash? My guess is Landon Donovan who probably doesnt have a clue what is going on here... Or nobody.

Jenkins signings last January proved a revelation in Ayew and Olsson, no doubt they played a huge part in keeping us up. Whether he will do it again is another question all together.

But the performance of Jenkins isnt really what is the driving force behind this newly formed campaign is it - lets be honest.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:51 - Jan 1 with 2211 viewsthenorthbankbog

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Not about who I trust, it's about who the Americans trust. They are the ones who sanction the cash.

Say we get rid of Jenkins now. Who do the Yanks trust with their cash? My guess is Landon Donovan who probably doesnt have a clue what is going on here... Or nobody.

Jenkins signings last January proved a revelation in Ayew and Olsson, no doubt they played a huge part in keeping us up. Whether he will do it again is another question all together.

But the performance of Jenkins isnt really what is the driving force behind this newly formed campaign is it - lets be honest.

It is the performance of Jenkins though. The yanks have put Pearlman in the club why? I know he’s there as a commercial director or whatever Dineen was failing at. I’m sure he’s actually their eyes and ears and also calling the shots. This leaves Jenkins in his DOF role which he has been an epic fail.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:53 - Jan 1 with 2192 viewsawayjack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:42 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

I thought Siggy and Llorente kept us up. Ayew was pretty poor last year but let's not it get in the way of various posters agendas.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:57 - Jan 1 with 2158 viewsDarran

So if Jenkins was sacked today the first day of the transfer window there’s obviously not a list of players ready for this window then?

Seriously do you realise how fuçking thick you sound?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:01 - Jan 1 with 2122 viewsdobjack2

His role in Overseeing player acquisitions his actions as chairman of the club re the share sale and his admissions in court should be enough.

However with the transfer window on top of us, I agree with you now is not the time simply because a replacement would involve time that we just don’t have.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:01 - Jan 1 with 2121 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:53 - Jan 1 by awayjack

I thought Siggy and Llorente kept us up. Ayew was pretty poor last year but let's not it get in the way of various posters agendas.

They did precious little before January - we looked like certain relegation fodder.

The signings of Caroll, Ayew and Olsson as well as Clement being able to organise defensively no question was the catalyst for us staying up. Gylfi and Llorente also played their part of course as the team was geared to go through them, thats ok for a short period of time but foolish for that to become "the plan" hence they had to go. Ayew was one of the most consistant performers last season as I stated match by match at the time (as someone who frequently travels away) and Olsson as the best attacking fullback we had for years.

To suggest the signing of Ayew, Olsson and Carroll did nothing to help us stay up is as agenda ridden and ridiculous as they come - which is also frighteningly ironic.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 13:07]

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:03 - Jan 1 with 2086 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:57 - Jan 1 by Darran

So if Jenkins was sacked today the first day of the transfer window there’s obviously not a list of players ready for this window then?

Seriously do you realise how fuçking thick you sound?

Compiled by whom Darren.

Think about what you type before you continue to make a complete fool of yourself again.

Think slowly before replying.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:04 - Jan 1 with 2086 viewsKennedy

Yes i'm thankful they put their own money in and saved the club. But they have been rewarded with 4 times their investment (dividends £100k x 4). This already before they even sold to the Americans.

And where is the tractor now?

“Some of the shareholders took out second mortgages, borrowed money and, in Huw’s case, commuted the cost of buying a tractor to help mow the old Vetch Field into shares. Without this commitment and investment the club could have folded many years ago."

Just call me JFK

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:04 - Jan 1 with 2082 viewsBarrySwan

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 12:14 - Jan 1 by londonlisa2001

It's a shame that he seemingly didn't see the Trust's response yesterday before pùtting this together as it was quite helpful on dates of meetings and who was in attendance.

It may have helped his memory?

To be honest though, I wouldn't put a great deal of faith in the accuracy of dates in the article given he can't remember the year of the Hull match.

It's a shame though that they had to pay for a tractor to cut the grass in the Vetch. The council could have done that although it may be that they were distracted in paying £28m for a new stadium that propelled the club to its success?

My local council charge about £80 for one of their tractors to cut the a field 4 times the size of the Vetch.

I have to say that my recurring impression of the relationship between the other shareholders and the Trust was one of disdain shown to the major shareholder that the Trust is by those who had a much smaller holding over the years.

I did quite often urge the Trust Board to stand up and assert it's status when being sidelined and treated with disdain over many many years. I was usually overuled as it was argued that our supporter director had to keep calm and establish and build on his budding relationship with the other directors in order to be able to propose and get ideas and motions approved.

Whilst appreciating that not everyone agreed with my harder line stance I didn't agree with the softly softly approach that was always adopted but was mostly in a minority of one in regards to my 'Stand up for yourself' suggested line of action.

Perhaps the Trust is regretting not standing up to the other shareholders more now given whats happened.

BTW if it is alleged that anyone is misrepresenting events in regards to an offer to buy 20% of the shares off the Trust this needs to be challenged openly.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 13:15]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:04 - Jan 1 with 2260 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:01 - Jan 1 by dobjack2

His role in Overseeing player acquisitions his actions as chairman of the club re the share sale and his admissions in court should be enough.

However with the transfer window on top of us, I agree with you now is not the time simply because a replacement would involve time that we just don’t have.

Correct.

Fighting the wrong battles at the wrong times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024