Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 72638 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 11:27 - Jan 12 with 2292 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 11:22 - Jan 12 by MoscowJack

When you write about all the fans being behind the team, etc I keep thinking back to Leicester and Palace fans when their backs were to the walls. When they were bottom of the League, getting hammered week-in, week-out but their fans kept giving them hope.....and inspiring them in some ways.

I think our fans are tired. This is the 3rd relegation struggle but this time we're fighting for something that we can relate to far less than when it was OUR club playing OUR style of football with players we felt that we knew much better.

I think that's why there's so much apathy.

Saying that, I absolutely hate losing at anything so the thought of going down with a whimper aggravates me.

I am in no position to tell others whether they should form protest groups or not, but I would like there to be one strategy and one that can have an immediate and positive influence on our future.

We have 19 days left of the transfer window and EVERY possible effort should be to push the Yanks to give Carlo the best tools to help save us.

That's my thinking today. Once the window closes, the total focus should be to get behind the team. One thing I don't think we can fault the team for this season is effort (one or two games excepted) so that team should be supported.

Once we know whether we're staying up or going down, then we can turn to the Board and make our feelings clear.

Palace and Leicester stayed up because the fans backed the team.

Yes we're tired and in a mess so lashing out, but it's not going to end well with that approach.

We will go down if the protest groups continue as they are

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 11:29 - Jan 12 with 2297 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 11:16 - Jan 12 by swancity

Again you have completely lost sight of the impact the devious sale of the Club has had. Not just in terms of the fall out after it but for the two years leading up to it when it's now clear that Jenkins was more concerned with finalising the deal than doing what he was being paid half a million pounds a year to do. I have no doubt that we wouldn't be bottom of the league right now had we not sold and certain people had been doing the jobs they were being paid to do properly. Then just look at the division it's caused. You seem to be trying to protect something or someone or don't understand the seriousness of their actions...

You're 100% right that the sale and build up to the sale had a negative effect on the team. Nobody can deny that.

BUT, we were in a downward spiral from about the day we won the League Cup. If Jenkins had been totally focused on keeping us up from that moment, we MIGHT still be mid-table, but do you realise that we've got something like the 3rd-5th lowest budget in the league and do almost every season, even when promoted clubs are considered? We've been punching above our weight almost every season and our luck was eventually going to run out.

What does anger me, far more than getting relegated, is going down with a whimper. That's just unforgivable.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

#Philyerboots on 11:44 - Jan 12 with 2231 viewsswancity

#Philyerboots on 11:29 - Jan 12 by MoscowJack

You're 100% right that the sale and build up to the sale had a negative effect on the team. Nobody can deny that.

BUT, we were in a downward spiral from about the day we won the League Cup. If Jenkins had been totally focused on keeping us up from that moment, we MIGHT still be mid-table, but do you realise that we've got something like the 3rd-5th lowest budget in the league and do almost every season, even when promoted clubs are considered? We've been punching above our weight almost every season and our luck was eventually going to run out.

What does anger me, far more than getting relegated, is going down with a whimper. That's just unforgivable.

Not sure about a downward spiral. After finishing 8th just a few seasons ago and eventually in 15th last season, seven points from 18th place and only five points from another 8th place finish. The impact of the sale though, before to an extent, during and most definitely since has cast an enormous black cloud over the Club and the rifts being caused, combined with the obvious lack of 1st team funding in the transfer market seems to signal the end of our run. It's been self inflicted though. By our own people. Don't try to pretend otherwise. And that's why emotions are running high. And why people want to do something. Don't fook with Swansea City is the motto.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

#Philyerboots on 11:44 - Jan 12 with 2226 viewsperchrockjack

Dead right Moscow.

It's really not as I recall Swansea people and our club ie simply lying down

For what it's worth ,people in my neck of the woods are genuinely staggered as to just how we ve imploded

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

#Philyerboots on 11:46 - Jan 12 with 2224 viewsDrGonzo

#Philyerboots on 11:27 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

Yes we're tired and in a mess so lashing out, but it's not going to end well with that approach.

Leicester and Palace stayed up because of their fans? Didn't realise it was as easy as that.

Nothing to do with competent recruitment, decent players and a good manager of course.
#Philyerboots on 11:48 - Jan 12 with 2221 viewsSTID2017

#Philyerboots on 11:10 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

Nick,

I agree with most if not all of what you're saying.

But I'm sure you'll agree with me that these protest groups are fundamentally having a detrimental impact on our chances of survival.

And that's all it is for me. I agree with fans sentiments, I agree we need to do things better and I agree it's time to start planning for change....

But for now, the most important factor is getting behind the football club in its biggest fight since, well... Last January.

We did it then and we can do it again, but not when the fans are so downbeat and intent on their crusade against Jenkins.

Put that on hold and let the Trust deal with it properly.

For us to have any chance we need to unite behind Carlos and the players and forget about Jenkins and Co, no matter how difficult that maybe for 3 months.

Jeez you are the biggest hypocrite to ever post on here.
Get behind the club in January last year ?
Your well documented "sell Gylfi & Llorente out" one man campaign was the biggest single attempt to undermine our attempt to stay up.
We have seen the results of your brilliant mind and wishes brought into action.
This season we are struggling, thanks to the very man, Jenkins, you seem to be constantly supporting, selling those two and not replacing them.
If you truly wanted to get behind the team, fine I agree with you, but to get behind Jenkins and the Yanks, that's another matter.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

#Philyerboots on 11:48 - Jan 12 with 2213 viewsDarran

#Philyerboots on 11:44 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

Dead right Moscow.

It's really not as I recall Swansea people and our club ie simply lying down

For what it's worth ,people in my neck of the woods are genuinely staggered as to just how we ve imploded

Do you tell them you protest by jumping around your living room every Saturday?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

#Philyerboots on 11:51 - Jan 12 with 2207 viewsFireboy2

But palace and leicester had a far better squad than we have now

I do feel for CC but hes on a hiding to nothing aa our squad is the worst in our PL history and it looks like it isnt going to be strengthened

What do you think about that?

Fwiw i do think we should support the team during the games

BUT before and after is when we should be letting the sellouts and the yanks know how we feel
Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 2194 viewspencoedjack

You honestly believe that if all the protest groups stopped the shite footballers that are on the pitch would improve ?

I've never met you Chris but you seem to argue for the sake of it, whether it be slating our better players or having a go at people who are giving up there own time & effort to rid the club of the fukers who sold out to a US hedge fund ....you always disagree.

We are going down not because of any fan protest group but because of the greedy ex chairmen who sold out for their own personal gain & the failure to recruit players better than we sold.

Its a shame someone as vocal as yourself cant (or doesn't) want to be seen agreeing with it .... Maybe its in your nature just to go against the flow.

That's no personal diss on you I just wholeheartedly disagree with your views on nearly everything you think about football.

For the record ....

Palace stayed up last season because they spunked 26 million on a centre defender they were crying out for

Leicester were never going down.
#Philyerboots on 12:09 - Jan 12 with 2159 views1462jack

#Philyerboots on 09:57 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

The Resurection .
Debate? Well, regular readers over the years know exactly what is entails with him . Abuse.

Nothing more.

Sycophants? Well seems a guy who loves being feared,or looked up to in some way. Loves attention

Pack it in,after all those hard miles. Please God

I'm beholden to nobody on here and I ll fall out with anyone or eveyone including Phil but looking at his past record and the unadulterated personal filth coming from Cwmdare I know who I respect more.

Phil s only problem is being too soft with posters like Res and me and Darran come to that .

Just look at the state we re in

Feared? Why would any one fear him perch
#Philyerboots on 12:19 - Jan 12 with 2122 viewsperchrockjack

Some are intimidated easily on social media.
He portrays himself as a hard man, a geezer, one who s done the "hard miles "

His suspicions were justified as regards the Machiavellian actions of our club s stewards but so fookn what . It gives him no greater gravitas ,none. His perennial insults have gone unchallenged for years as he s clearly rattled cages ,he s offered people out for a "straightener" .

Sorry ,but I'm not having anyone on this site seeing themselves as a better fan than anyone else. Our most loyal fan lives in New Zealand not Cwmdare or Cimla

What we need is a divided fan base and as long as we have fans insulting each we deserve all this .frankly, I really do think now we deserve this ,all of it. Relegation, possible insolvency, or simply falling through the leagues which is possible ,trust me. I've seen it before and it wasn't pretty

All the anger is directed at each other. Jenkins is actually supported by many when we face a Newcastle side without a regular Prem league player. W e re actually missing a cretin like Kyle naughton , one who s actually been praised by Res.

Finally, starting the season ,we had a " far better squad" without siggy and llorente ,yep, you read it on here ,folks proving we re all pretty clueless in the grand s heme of things .

Look at the state we re in

#Philyerboots on 12:24 - Jan 12 with 2097 viewsDarran

#Philyerboots on 12:19 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

Some are intimidated easily on social media.
He portrays himself as a hard man, a geezer, one who s done the "hard miles "

His suspicions were justified as regards the Machiavellian actions of our club s stewards but so fookn what . It gives him no greater gravitas ,none. His perennial insults have gone unchallenged for years as he s clearly rattled cages ,he s offered people out for a "straightener" .

Sorry ,but I'm not having anyone on this site seeing themselves as a better fan than anyone else. Our most loyal fan lives in New Zealand not Cwmdare or Cimla

What we need is a divided fan base and as long as we have fans insulting each we deserve all this .frankly, I really do think now we deserve this ,all of it. Relegation, possible insolvency, or simply falling through the leagues which is possible ,trust me. I've seen it before and it wasn't pretty

All the anger is directed at each other. Jenkins is actually supported by many when we face a Newcastle side without a regular Prem league player. W e re actually missing a cretin like Kyle naughton , one who s actually been praised by Res.

Finally, starting the season ,we had a " far better squad" without siggy and llorente ,yep, you read it on here ,folks proving we re all pretty clueless in the grand s heme of things .

Look at the state we re in

Nah people that can’t go to games are equal to people that go to games,people that can’t be arsed to go to games (you) are pathetic çunts.

#Philyerboots on 12:33 - Jan 12 with 2065 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 11:54 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

You honestly believe that if all the protest groups stopped the shite footballers that are on the pitch would improve ?

I've never met you Chris but you seem to argue for the sake of it, whether it be slating our better players or having a go at people who are giving up there own time & effort to rid the club of the fukers who sold out to a US hedge fund ....you always disagree.

We are going down not because of any fan protest group but because of the greedy ex chairmen who sold out for their own personal gain & the failure to recruit players better than we sold.

Its a shame someone as vocal as yourself cant (or doesn't) want to be seen agreeing with it .... Maybe its in your nature just to go against the flow.

That's no personal diss on you I just wholeheartedly disagree with your views on nearly everything you think about football.

For the record ....

Palace stayed up last season because they spunked 26 million on a centre defender they were crying out for

Leicester were never going down.

I'm not arguing about the fundamental reasons we are where we are.

I've said umpteen times I agree with those.

But if you think we have any chance whatsoever in getting out of this mess with the fans hell bent on baying for blood then you can forget it, we all can.

How come that's so difficult to see.

And the Leicester example was from the season before they won the league.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

#Philyerboots on 12:34 - Jan 12 with 2061 viewsscruffyjack

#Philyerboots on 11:10 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

Nick,

I agree with most if not all of what you're saying.

But I'm sure you'll agree with me that these protest groups are fundamentally having a detrimental impact on our chances of survival.

And that's all it is for me. I agree with fans sentiments, I agree we need to do things better and I agree it's time to start planning for change....

But for now, the most important factor is getting behind the football club in its biggest fight since, well... Last January.

We did it then and we can do it again, but not when the fans are so downbeat and intent on their crusade against Jenkins.

Put that on hold and let the Trust deal with it properly.

For us to have any chance we need to unite behind Carlos and the players and forget about Jenkins and Co, no matter how difficult that maybe for 3 months.

But we haven’t got Siggy or Llorente this time
#Philyerboots on 12:46 - Jan 12 with 2014 viewsperchrockjack

And the fact we have not is why we are where we are.
Simple really
Maybe not

#Philyerboots on 12:49 - Jan 12 with 2006 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 12:34 - Jan 12 by scruffyjack

But we haven’t got Siggy or Llorente this time

Hopefully we'll have Bony for 80% of our remaining games and let's see who comes in?

#Philyerboots on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 1993 viewsDarran

#Philyerboots on 12:49 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

Hopefully we'll have Bony for 80% of our remaining games and let's see who comes in?

“let's see who comes in?”

#Philyerboots on 12:52 - Jan 12 with 1982 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 12:51 - Jan 12 by Darran

“let's see who comes in?”

You don't think we'll bring anyone in?

Because I do and I'm hoping they'll have a similar impact to those who did last season.

#Philyerboots on 12:59 - Jan 12 with 1953 viewsDarran

#Philyerboots on 12:52 - Jan 12 by TheResurrection

You don't think we'll bring anyone in?

Because I do and I'm hoping they'll have a similar impact to those who did last season.

I definitely think we’ll bring someone in I just don’t think it’ll be of much quality or have much impact.

#Philyerboots on 13:07 - Jan 12 with 1920 views1462jack

#Philyerboots on 12:59 - Jan 12 by Darran

I definitely think we’ll bring someone in I just don’t think it’ll be of much quality or have much impact.

Last few games have seen a massive improvement in my eyes , even the draw with wolves , who are flying high top of the championship , the balance is still a bit off and with two or three quality players coming in I believe we will start climbing the table , but the question is will the yanks loosen the purse strings
#Philyerboots on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 1860 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 13:07 - Jan 12 by 1462jack

Last few games have seen a massive improvement in my eyes , even the draw with wolves , who are flying high top of the championship , the balance is still a bit off and with two or three quality players coming in I believe we will start climbing the table , but the question is will the yanks loosen the purse strings

I agree with you. Carlos has had a reaction, now he needs new faces to freshen things up and then who knows...

#Philyerboots on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 1810 viewsSwanseajill

Pre-Trust days there would always be different supporter groups. I don't believe that any group has an influence on the squad, or the way they play during a match.

All of us applaud, cheer and roar when the team are attacking the opposition, applaud a terrific pass, or some outstanding individual skill. Having different supporters groups doesn't change that during matches.

The sellers are a different kettle of fish, and targeting Huw Jenkins is unfair for one reason only. He should be tarred with the same brush as all the other sell outs rather than naming him as an individual. The whole lot of them( those that saved our cub) have made a huge mistake in selling it to the first buyers, with no thought of the future.

One thing is of great importance, all supporters of this club should be of one thought and work together as one, irrespective of what group they support.

# Itsnotthefansfault.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 13:47]
#Philyerboots on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 1784 viewsperchrockjack

Don't agree Lorraine as Jenkins makes the final decision .

If we had been sold to a Chinese Consortium ,we just might have made the next level .

We ll never know of course but it's clear our owners have no intention of putting serious money in

#Philyerboots on 13:51 - Jan 12 with 1779 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 13:49 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

Don't agree Lorraine as Jenkins makes the final decision .

If we had been sold to a Chinese Consortium ,we just might have made the next level .

We ll never know of course but it's clear our owners have no intention of putting serious money in

No he doesn't and he never has. Far from it.

Clueless again.

#Philyerboots on 13:53 - Jan 12 with 1772 viewsSwanjaxs

#Philyerboots on 13:45 - Jan 12 by Swanseajill

Pre-Trust days there would always be different supporter groups. I don't believe that any group has an influence on the squad, or the way they play during a match.

All of us applaud, cheer and roar when the team are attacking the opposition, applaud a terrific pass, or some outstanding individual skill. Having different supporters groups doesn't change that during matches.

The sellers are a different kettle of fish, and targeting Huw Jenkins is unfair for one reason only. He should be tarred with the same brush as all the other sell outs rather than naming him as an individual. The whole lot of them( those that saved our cub) have made a huge mistake in selling it to the first buyers, with no thought of the future.

One thing is of great importance, all supporters of this club should be of one thought and work together as one, irrespective of what group they support.

# Itsnotthefansfault.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 13:47]

100% agree, let's not forget the odious Martin Morgan in all this, he seems to be getting very little flack in this absolute car crash! .....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024