Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elneny tackle 23:09 - Jan 30 with 3224 viewsshandyjack

am i the only one who thinks that was a foul, for me he's come through back of Clucas to win the ball, contact is made with his leg same time he contacts ball. He gave a foul against Ramsey 2 mins earlier for the exact same tackle

Poll: Expectation for the season

Elneny tackle on 23:14 - Jan 30 with 3195 viewsTom1912

Nah, good tackle I think. Gets the ball just before the man. It's tight though.
Elneny tackle on 23:15 - Jan 30 with 3177 views34dfgdf54

Great challenge I thought.
Elneny tackle on 23:19 - Jan 30 with 3152 viewsmax936

Elneny tackle on 23:15 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

Great challenge I thought.

Just seen it on Match Choice on Sky Sports, fantastic tackle.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Elneny tackle on 23:21 - Jan 30 with 3122 viewsshandyjack

Elneny tackle on 23:19 - Jan 30 by max936

Just seen it on Match Choice on Sky Sports, fantastic tackle.

fair enough, must just be me

Poll: Expectation for the season

Elneny tackle on 23:21 - Jan 30 with 3116 viewsBloodyhills

I thought it was a good tackle.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Elneny tackle on 23:25 - Jan 30 with 3081 viewsWAFU

Elneny tackle on 23:21 - Jan 30 by shandyjack

Definitely just you. Great tackle.
Elneny tackle on 23:26 - Jan 30 with 3066 viewsPrivate_Partz

I have watched it a couple of times at normal speed and I still think it looks like a foul but it seems like we will be proved wrong when we see the slow mo.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Elneny tackle on 23:34 - Jan 30 with 3008 viewsTheKirkyLife

Great challenge for me. Got the ball first and foremost - didn't go through Clucas to get it.
Login to get fewer ads

Elneny tackle on 00:01 - Jan 31 with 2898 viewstheloneranger

Anywhere else on the pitch a tackle from behind is deemed a foul even if you get the ball first.

I don't agree with it..but that's the law

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Elneny tackle on 01:44 - Jan 31 with 2794 viewsLeonWasGod

Great, goal-saving tackle. At that point I was thinking Clucas is too slow and not clinical. Glad to be proven wrong...
Elneny tackle on 06:11 - Jan 31 with 2671 viewsjackal

I thought that Mason had a good game.

After the mare he had at Legoland on Sunday, I was fearing the worst.
Elneny tackle on 07:33 - Jan 31 with 2556 viewsItchySphincter

It's just you.

The whole problem with the modern game.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Elneny tackle on 08:07 - Jan 31 with 2483 viewsNeath_Jack

I thought it was a penalty at the time, it was directly in front of me. Not seen the replay of it though, anyone got a link to it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Elneny tackle on 08:09 - Jan 31 with 2475 viewsTreforys_Jack

Was a superb tackle fair play, as was Ramseys on Mawson.
Elneny tackle on 09:11 - Jan 31 with 2402 viewsoldgrey

And that's football isn't it.

The crowd spends the whole game getting on Mason and the Lino's back and they are proven right (as they are on many occasions to the crowds' chagrin).

I remember a Lino getting huge amounts of stick for not spotting an alleged offside call during a Pratley era Scumdiff game. Replays showed that Bothroyd was clearly onside and the goal correctly allowed.

Really the crowd have no clue. Another example, is urging the team to get out and challenge attackers when under pressure. Instead, the defence do the correct thing in maintaining their line and discipline. And most importantly, not creating space behind which passing teams like Arsenal and Liverpool can exploit. Basic coaching.
Not in the crowds' eyes though.

Some people in the crowd should not be allowed out without a guardian.
Elneny tackle on 09:33 - Jan 31 with 2373 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elneny tackle on 07:33 - Jan 31 by ItchySphincter

It's just you.

The whole problem with the modern game.

I would hardly blame the whole problems of the modern game on Shandyjack. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Elneny tackle on 09:33 - Jan 31 with 2368 viewsSTID2017

I watched the highlights on the concourse half time and they showed it was a brilliant tackle.
However, just watched it a few times on Swans TV and Mason was on the halfway line, whilst the linesman on the East Stand side was at least ten yards behind play.
So although they got it right, I think it was more a question of the linesman gave them the benefit of the doubt as he couldn't have seen it for certain, whilst Mason had no chance and just relied on the linesman

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Elneny tackle on 09:38 - Jan 31 with 2356 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elneny tackle on 09:11 - Jan 31 by oldgrey

The crowd spends the whole game getting on Mason and the Lino's back and they are proven right (as they are on many occasions to the crowds' chagrin).

I remember a Lino getting huge amounts of stick for not spotting an alleged offside call during a Pratley era Scumdiff game. Replays showed that Bothroyd was clearly onside and the goal correctly allowed.

Really the crowd have no clue. Another example, is urging the team to get out and challenge attackers when under pressure. Instead, the defence do the correct thing in maintaining their line and discipline. And most importantly, not creating space behind which passing teams like Arsenal and Liverpool can exploit. Basic coaching.

That was most of us last night then as virtually everyone thought it was a penalty. Seems Mason called it right this time.
There is no getting away from it that he has had some right stinkers lately. Luckily last night we found him in fine form.
This is why replays and VAR have a big part to play by keeping the supporters informed.
Speaking of replays .....did anyone notice we chck d am effing advert up just as one of our goals was being replayed. The guy that did that deserves a guardian :-)

Elneny tackle on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 2336 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Saw it half time in the bar. It was showed from all angles, they slowed footage down from one particular angle from the side, and it looked a penalty all day long, and should have been a red card.
To Put it another way, if it had been the other way around, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, it would have been awarded every time.
And these refs, don’t even realise they are doing it to the “lesser” teams.
Elneny tackle on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 2329 viewsSTID2017

Elneny tackle on 09:43 - Jan 31 by whaleoilbeefhooked

Saw it half time in the bar. It was showed from all angles, they slowed footage down from one particular angle from the side, and it looked a penalty all day long, and should have been a red card.
To Put it another way, if it had been the other way around, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, it would have been awarded every time.

The guy got to the ball - just.
How the officials could see that though is another matter ....

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Elneny tackle on 09:58 - Jan 31 with 2304 viewstheloneranger

Elneny tackle on 09:43 - Jan 31 by whaleoilbeefhooked

I wrote earlier in this thread.....anywhere else on the pitch a tackle from behind ...even taking the ball first is deemed a foul.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Elneny tackle on 10:12 - Jan 31 with 2275 viewsjack247

To be fair, it looked a nailed on penalty to me at the time. Watching the replay, it was an excellent tackle.
Elneny tackle on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 2266 viewsNeath_Jack

Elneny tackle on 09:11 - Jan 31 by oldgrey

You are Matt The Jack and i claim my ticket to some obscure non league team.

It's a pantomime mate, chill out with your superior knowledge to some people who may be in the crowd.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024