Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The beginning of the downfall of mankind. 08:12 - Feb 21 with 5060 viewsJackfath

We will not be able to resist developing these to the point where they can communicate and think for themselves. They will be our downfall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43127533

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 08:45 - Feb 21 with 4400 viewsyescomeon

Pandoras box is open now and it won't be shut. There will be problems but I hardly see it being the downfall of mankind.

Upthecity!

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 08:48 - Feb 21 with 4395 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There’s one or two that post on here.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 09:40 - Feb 21 with 4336 viewsMo_Wives

[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 9:44]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:16 - Feb 21 with 4302 viewsswanforthemoney

Crikey, I know Planetswans has a number of pessimistic and downbeat posts but "the beginning of the downfall of mankind" takes it to another level.

I stand in the North Stand

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:32 - Feb 21 with 4283 viewsHighjack

I wouldn't worry too much. Most humans are yet to develop to the point they can communicate and think for themselves either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:34 - Feb 21 with 4277 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

More importantly, any news on Mawson's knee?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:43 - Feb 21 with 4267 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Terminator

It’s Based on a true story mun

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:54 - Feb 21 with 4253 viewsMo_Wives

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:43 - Feb 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Terminator

It’s Based on a true story mun

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 12:01 - Feb 21 with 4185 viewsWingstandwood

Technology IMO comes with downsides! I look at all those self-service/self-checkout payment points in my local ASDA and Sainsbury’s and think they’re destroying employment opportunities, surely?

Remember listing to ‘The Stranglers Rise Of The Robots’ song as a kid approx 40 years ago, the guy who sung it (a qualified biochemist) was obviously intelligent enough to predict things.

"They're good workers, they don't get bored, don't get mad at bosses yet, rise, just watch them rise, the rise of the robots Versatran Series F".

Argus!

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 4107 viewsBobby_Fischer

Luddites.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 14:48 - Feb 21 with 4056 viewsJack59

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 10:16 - Feb 21 by swanforthemoney

Crikey, I know Planetswans has a number of pessimistic and downbeat posts but "the beginning of the downfall of mankind" takes it to another level.

There's nothing pessimistic about the downfall of mankind.

You need to look at it from everything else's point of view, and it begins to look very optimistic then.
The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 14:52 - Feb 21 with 4049 viewsJackfath

There was an experiment recently where Facebook set some AI off. They had to switch them off as they soon developed a language to communicate with each other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-artificia

Only a matter of time before some loony lets it continue and creates situations that cause havoc worldwide. If it isn't already happening.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:05 - Feb 21 with 4035 viewsMo_Wives

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 14:48 - Feb 21 by Jack59

You need to look at it from everything else's point of view, and it begins to look very optimistic then.

Who's gonna feed my dog? He'll be gutted

And in this scenario we will be replaced by a faster, stronger, cleverer humanoid made out of space age metal...so harder to kill. I bet the jungle is in party mode at the thought.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 15:17]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:38 - Feb 21 with 4015 viewsJack59

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:05 - Feb 21 by Mo_Wives

Who's gonna feed my dog? He'll be gutted

And in this scenario we will be replaced by a faster, stronger, cleverer humanoid made out of space age metal...so harder to kill. I bet the jungle is in party mode at the thought.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 15:17]

If they're going to be that durable and intelligent, I can't see them wanting to hang around here for long. They'll all be off!
The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:55 - Feb 21 with 3993 viewsswanforthemoney

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 14:48 - Feb 21 by Jack59

Good thinking, I was being selfish and looking at it from my point of view.

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 3989 viewsswanforthemoney

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 14:52 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

There was an experiment recently where Facebook set some AI off. They had to switch them off as they soon developed a language to communicate with each other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-artificia

Only a matter of time before some loony lets it continue and creates situations that cause havoc worldwide. If it isn't already happening.

Is that the language Perch uses ?

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 16:17 - Feb 21 with 3969 viewsMo_Wives

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:38 - Feb 21 by Jack59

If they're going to be that durable and intelligent, I can't see them wanting to hang around here for long. They'll all be off!

Well once again I'll ask...who's gonna feed my dog?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 16:30 - Feb 21 with 3948 viewsJackfath

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 16:17 - Feb 21 by Mo_Wives

Well once again I'll ask...who's gonna feed my dog?

Maybe these will?

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 16:34 - Feb 21 with 3941 viewsMo_Wives

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 16:30 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Maybe these will?

He doesn't like the hoover...he's gonna hate that. Then again if the hoover was feeding him...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 16:35]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 16:34 - Feb 21 with 3940 viewsMo_Wives

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 15:55 - Feb 21 by swanforthemoney

Good thinking, I was being selfish and looking at it from my point of view.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 21:02 - Feb 21 with 3846 viewsJack_Meoff

Saudi Arabia already bestowed citizenship on a robot, Sophia. Unsure as yet if she's allowed to drive, interact with men, or wear make-up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/saudi-arabia-robot

Interesting choice of name also...

'In Gnostic tradition, Sophia is a feminine figure, analogous to the human soul but also simultaneously one of the feminine aspects of God. Gnostics held that she was the syzygy of Jesus Christ (i.e. the Bride of Christ), and Holy Spirit of the Trinity.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 21:26 - Feb 21 with 3824 viewsBrynCartwright

What if all the AI s are as fit as Ava from Ex Machina? Another entry for the women you shouldn't fancy but you do thread?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 22:38 - Feb 21 with 3764 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Fath, the Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Canada would like a word with you.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 22:45 - Feb 21 with 3754 viewsLohengrin

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 22:38 - Feb 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

Fath, the Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Canada would like a word with you.

You just know he sits down to take a pee.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The beginning of the downfall of mankind. on 23:00 - Feb 21 with 3728 viewsKerouac

Watch this, learn from him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024