Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical 17:15 - Mar 3 with 8528 viewsGroo

We play 3 relegation rivals away and 1 at home, 1 home against a team likely to be safe and 2 home and away against top 6.

Huddersfield (A)
Southampton (H)
Man Utd (A)
West Brom (A)
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Stoke (H).

Think we need something against Huddersfield seeing the two games that follow, then at least 4 from Everton and West Brom, then 2 tough matches before the Bournemouth, Stoke games.

Think it will go to the wire the way teams keep picking up points around us
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 16:36]

Groo does what Groo does best

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 20:57 - Mar 3 with 3188 viewsskettyparkherbert

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 20:54 - Mar 3 by sP7qupUf

Why not? Man City is very tricky but United are not that great and Chelsea can be shaky. We beat Liverpool and they are pulling up trees and had not lost since October when we beat them.

Good point, we may get the points needed where we least expect it.

Who would have thought we would turnover Liverpool and the Gooners.

Come on YJB's
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 21:14 - Mar 3 with 3155 viewsMagic_Michu

Huddersfield (A) DRAW
Southampton (H) WIN
Man Utd (A) LOSE
West Brom (A) WIN
Everton (H) WIN
Man City (A) LOSE
Chelsea (H) DRAW
Bournemouth (A) LOSE
Stoke (H). WIN

44 points and 11th place finish

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 21:31 - Mar 3 with 3129 viewsAl_Bundy

37 points I fear will be a bottom 3 place
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 21:42 - Mar 3 with 3110 views34dfgdf54

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 21:31 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

37 points I fear will be a bottom 3 place

Definitely. Three more wins needed atleast I think.
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:29 - Mar 4 with 2959 viewsThe_undecided

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 21:14 - Mar 3 by Magic_Michu

Huddersfield (A) DRAW
Southampton (H) WIN
Man Utd (A) LOSE
West Brom (A) WIN
Everton (H) WIN
Man City (A) LOSE
Chelsea (H) DRAW
Bournemouth (A) LOSE
Stoke (H). WIN

44 points and 11th place finish

There's still plenty of time for twists and turns, the end of a season is when teams you don't expect to win win and vice versa, not long ago Palace were pulling away and moving to mid table, now they are back in relegation zone again with game in hand. With points so close in bottom 8 clubs goal difference may also come into play, not looking good at the moment. Still far to early to call, another 4 wins and I'll feel alot happier. Don't fancy Huddersfield away, or Stoke home for wins. Also need to stay injury free and keep our discipline.
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:32 - Mar 4 with 2950 viewsjack_lord

I thought we had already played and lost to Spurs at home?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:46 - Mar 4 with 2929 viewsDewi1jack

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 19:03 - Mar 3 by nyc_swans

refreshing to see Carlos going for 3 points instead of 1 point, like the previous manager.

Or no points whatsoever like Brad.

Keep the faith.
Safe mid table and a day out at Wemberlee to lift a cup in May. Just as predicted at the season start...
(Not at Xmas mind )

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:55 - Mar 4 with 2913 viewsthornabyswan

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:46 - Mar 4 by Dewi1jack

Or no points whatsoever like Brad.

Keep the faith.
Safe mid table and a day out at Wemberlee to lift a cup in May. Just as predicted at the season start...
(Not at Xmas mind )

Tim Steward on goals on Sunday just said we cod win the cup final.
Then after the break he started talking about Spurs and said they could win the cup as well.
Not a great manager or pundit

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:57 - Mar 4 with 2904 viewsDewi1jack

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:55 - Mar 4 by thornabyswan

Tim Steward on goals on Sunday just said we cod win the cup final.
Then after the break he started talking about Spurs and said they could win the cup as well.
Not a great manager or pundit

Think the word is

Splinters

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 15:28 - Mar 4 with 2817 viewsgiantstoneater

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:44 - Mar 3 by sainthelens

Hate clichés,but I can now see why they have them.... one game at a time fellas, we've done so many good things last 6/7 weeks, need to keep calm and not get ahead of ourselves. But there is something special brewing there right now.... gonna be a real ride next 6 weeks.

One game at a time sweet........!
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 15:34 - Mar 4 with 2797 viewssherpajacob

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 15:28 - Mar 4 by giantstoneater

One game at a time sweet........!

Ah shaddap-a you face!

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 15:38 - Mar 4 with 2775 viewssherpajacob

Can we cross Brighton of the watch list, are they safe?

If not Everton are still in the mix.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:30 - Mar 4 with 2732 viewsGroo

Comparing to the other teams in the battle games, starting with the teams below us, so these will need to get 2 to 4 points more than us or 1 to 3 with better goal dif

STOKE: (27 points)
Man City (H)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Burnley (H)
Liverpool (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Swansea (A)

Crystal Palace: (27 points)
Man Utd (H)
Chelsea (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Liverpool (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H) - Derby match
Watford (A)
Leicester (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)

Southampton: (28 points) (Cup game against Wigan as well)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Bournemouth(H) - Derby match
Everton (A)
Man City (H)

Newcastle: (29 points)
Southampton (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Leicester (A)
Arsenal (H)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)
Watford (A)
Chelsea (H)

Then the teams same or above

Huddersfield: (30 points)
Swansea (H)
Crystal Palace (H)
Newcastle (A)
Brighton (A)
Watford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Arsenal (H)

West Ham: (30 points)
Burnley (H)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (H)
Stoke (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man City (H)
Leicester (A)
Everton (H)

Groo does what Groo does best

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:34 - Mar 4 with 2724 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 12:32 - Mar 4 by jack_lord

I thought we had already played and lost to Spurs at home?

Correct, replace Spurs with Southampton in the OP.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:40 - Mar 4 with 2711 viewsJoe_bradshaw

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:30 - Mar 4 by Groo

Comparing to the other teams in the battle games, starting with the teams below us, so these will need to get 2 to 4 points more than us or 1 to 3 with better goal dif

STOKE: (27 points)
Man City (H)
Everton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Burnley (H)
Liverpool (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Swansea (A)

Crystal Palace: (27 points)
Man Utd (H)
Chelsea (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Liverpool (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H) - Derby match
Watford (A)
Leicester (H)
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)

Southampton: (28 points) (Cup game against Wigan as well)
Newcastle (A)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Bournemouth(H) - Derby match
Everton (A)
Man City (H)

Newcastle: (29 points)
Southampton (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Leicester (A)
Arsenal (H)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)
Watford (A)
Chelsea (H)

Then the teams same or above

Huddersfield: (30 points)
Swansea (H)
Crystal Palace (H)
Newcastle (A)
Brighton (A)
Watford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (H)
Man City (A)
Arsenal (H)

West Ham: (30 points)
Burnley (H)
Southampton (H)
Chelsea (H)
Stoke (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man City (H)
Leicester (A)
Everton (H)

Looking at that Stoke and Southampton are in big trouble to join West Brom.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:49 - Mar 4 with 2690 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:40 - Mar 4 by Joe_bradshaw

I think Stoke clearly, and the 3rd one will be either Southampton or Palace.

So...how much will Joe Allen cost if Stoke go down?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:56 - Mar 4 with 2671 viewsGreatBritton

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:40 - Mar 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Agreed. Looking at Saints' fixtures with some degree of realism it's hard to see them getting more than another 4/5 points.
West Brom are surely gone.
I still fancy Huddersfield to blow up, but Stoke's dreary stay in the Premier League could be just about up too.
Nevertheless, it may take 39 points to avoid relegation. I'd like to beat Huddersfield and Bournemouth away and surely pick up another 3 points, even with some disappointing 0-0 draws perhaps.
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:00 - Mar 4 with 2661 viewsharryhpalmer

Our home record - something like 4th on form, and Everton's away (20th) there's 3 points.

West Brom MUST be an away win. We are way better than them right now. Their confidence ruined.

So that's 6.

Must get at least a point vs Huddersfield though. We mustn't lose there, as we have United up next, after the Spurs game.

Has the Southampton game been re-arranged yet? It's not the game after next, that's for sure.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:02 - Mar 4 with 2658 viewsunion_jack

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:56 - Mar 4 by GreatBritton

Agreed. Looking at Saints' fixtures with some degree of realism it's hard to see them getting more than another 4/5 points.
I still fancy Huddersfield to blow up, but Stoke's dreary stay in the Premier League could be just about up too.
Nevertheless, it may take 39 points to avoid relegation. I'd like to beat Huddersfield and Bournemouth away and surely pick up another 3 points, even with some disappointing 0-0 draws perhaps.

I don't see either of those away fixtures you mention as likely 3 pointers.

I'd take one from each now. Both will be tough though that said the B'mouth game may be at a time when they are totally safe.

I hope we give a good count of ourselves at Huddersfield next week and exorcise the ghosts of Brighton.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:31 - Mar 4 with 2625 viewslifelong

Beat Southampton, Everton and Stoke at home and two points from any of the remaining 6 fixtures, would love to see us win at Huddersfield next Saturday but can’t see it, a point there would be a great result.
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:34 - Mar 4 with 2622 viewsDewi1jack

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:31 - Mar 4 by lifelong

Beat Southampton, Everton and Stoke at home and two points from any of the remaining 6 fixtures, would love to see us win at Huddersfield next Saturday but can’t see it, a point there would be a great result.

Keep the faith.

We can still catch Arsenal

Crazy season from 2nd top to bottom

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 20:26 - Mar 4 with 2521 viewsZZoric

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 17:02 - Mar 4 by union_jack

I don't see either of those away fixtures you mention as likely 3 pointers.

I'd take one from each now. Both will be tough though that said the B'mouth game may be at a time when they are totally safe.

I hope we give a good count of ourselves at Huddersfield next week and exorcise the ghosts of Brighton.

of course they're likely 3 pointers - glass half full, believe ffs

if we give a good count of ourselves - it should be 11 vs 11 (unless they give a bad count of themselves and it could be 11 vs 10)
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 20:30 - Mar 4 with 2515 viewsunion_jack

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 20:26 - Mar 4 by ZZoric

of course they're likely 3 pointers - glass half full, believe ffs

if we give a good count of ourselves - it should be 11 vs 11 (unless they give a bad count of themselves and it could be 11 vs 10)

And there you go again.

I make points based on my judgment of the situation which does not include making remarks such as we'll win when I believe there's a good chance we won't. Not to say I will be right but in the balance if things I'd say I'm more likely to be.

That doesn't make me or any other with similar views negative. And it also stimulates debate, something I'm sad to say I wish you wouldn't participate in.

I'm not one for having a go at anyone on here as a rule, but you are an exception.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 20:32 - Mar 4 with 2512 viewsjacksfullaces

cup could mean we find ourselves in the bottom 3 again shortly. which would not be ideal. but we have showed the spirit to get out before. a point or more v huddersfield to give some sort of cushion would be nice and to some extent almost deserved after the efforts of late.
10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 22:51 - Mar 4 with 2422 viewsJJJack

10 points from 9 games to reach the magical on 16:56 - Mar 4 by GreatBritton

I agree with you guys. I see Palace, Huddersfield and West Ham all finishing on 39pts and us and Newcastle above 40.
But Stoke and Saints I see them finishing on 34 and 35 respectively and that includes Saints drawing at the Liberty. Their run-ins are hideous and they both lack experience of battling relegation. So if my calcs are anywhere near correct then 36 would be enough and the fight may not be as close as we currently think.
Given the choice I’d prefer West Ham , Stoke and Saints or Newcastle to go as they are all bigger clubs than us with resources/money but obviously I don’t really care providing we survive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024