Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some good news at last 19:11 - Mar 6 with 4823 viewsblaenaugwentjack

No more half empty stadiums watching a game no one's untreated in, yes regional rugby is being taken off the bbc 😀
Some good news at last on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 3114 viewsswanaway

Not so great for those of us who live away, have to find a stream like I do for the Swans games.
Some good news at last on 19:30 - Mar 6 with 3071 viewsThewayiseeit

Recon it’ll have an impact on crowd size?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 19:31]
Some good news at last on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 3060 viewsWingstandwood

I'm assuming the television viewing figures are absolutely atrocious just like the match-day attendances?...Watching stuck in the mud huff n' puff incorporating stop-start, line out, scrum.....stop-start, line out, scrum..... stop-start, line out, scrum..... amongst a sea of empty seats has fuelled the decline of the sports wider appeal.

The bygone days of sidestepping flair and individual skill has been replaced with robotic gym-bunnies performing crash-bang-wallop-tackle, crash-bang-wallop-tackle, crash-bang wallop-tackle thats end result is?......Yep.... stop-start, line out, scrum.....stop-start, line out, scrum..... stop-start, line out, scrum.

Oh and talk about a lack of passion and atmosphere shown by rugby crowds! Utter sh#te!

Argus!

Some good news at last on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 3059 viewsJackfath

How any sports fan can delight in this happening is beyond me. Surely any sport being removed from the BBC isn't good news?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Some good news at last on 19:38 - Mar 6 with 3030 viewsSwanjaxs

So that just leaves Wimbledon and the boat race for the Beeb.... let's face it the sooner this dinosaur is done away with the better 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Some good news at last on 19:39 - Mar 6 with 3025 viewsdickythorpe

Some good news at last on 19:32 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

How any sports fan can delight in this happening is beyond me. Surely any sport being removed from the BBC isn't good news?

The BBC Wales productions are embarrassing, jiffy, Gareth Charles in particular have been stealing a living for decades.
If someone is a fan they'll pay for it.or.find it online.
The pro 14 is uncompetitive and poorly financed league in relation to the French top 14 and English prem.
I want to see a British and irish league formed. Time unions talked.together and with TV companies.
Some good news at last on 19:54 - Mar 6 with 2958 viewsmax936

Its all about the hatred for the "egg" innit.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Some good news at last on 19:59 - Mar 6 with 2938 viewsNeath_Jack

They're f*cking pathetic, that's what they are Fath.

Either that or they've had their heads bummed off by a burly number 8.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Some good news at last on 20:01 - Mar 6 with 2930 viewsjack2jack

Some good news at last on 19:54 - Mar 6 by max936

Its all about the hatred for the "egg" innit.

Do you think it's as good a spectator sport as it was say 20-30 years ago.Im interested to know, I've had this conversation with a few people over the years, I get it if your a fan of rugby, the answer will be yes, but for me as a sport it lost its appeal, when all the rules and technical stuff come into the game.Im not slagging it of, I'm genuinely interested to know.
Some good news at last on 20:04 - Mar 6 with 2912 viewsdickythorpe

I've lost interest since regions came in 2003.
Some good news at last on 20:13 - Mar 6 with 2865 viewsmax936

Some good news at last on 20:01 - Mar 6 by jack2jack

Do you think it's as good a spectator sport as it was say 20-30 years ago.Im interested to know, I've had this conversation with a few people over the years, I get it if your a fan of rugby, the answer will be yes, but for me as a sport it lost its appeal, when all the rules and technical stuff come into the game.Im not slagging it of, I'm genuinely interested to know.

Its a different game nowadays the money that came into the sport as seen to that, the amateur game was far more honest if you get my meaning and yes its got far more technical because of that money, the days or players doing a 60+hr week and training and then playing on a Saturday have long gone, I still enjoy watching Rugby though and I probably always will.

A lot of the above can apply to football as well, evolution in life init.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Some good news at last on 20:18 - Mar 6 with 2842 viewsjack2jack

Some good news at last on 20:13 - Mar 6 by max936

Its a different game nowadays the money that came into the sport as seen to that, the amateur game was far more honest if you get my meaning and yes its got far more technical because of that money, the days or players doing a 60+hr week and training and then playing on a Saturday have long gone, I still enjoy watching Rugby though and I probably always will.

A lot of the above can apply to football as well, evolution in life init.

Some valid points Max, cheers 👍
Money and greed the downfall of many an institution, sad.
Some good news at last on 20:34 - Mar 6 with 2776 viewsKilkennyjack

Some good news at last on 19:38 - Mar 6 by Swanjaxs

So that just leaves Wimbledon and the boat race for the Beeb.... let's face it the sooner this dinosaur is done away with the better 👍

BBC bats for the English establishment.

Look a Royal Wedding, look a Royal baby - please do feck off.

Look at the jungle camp in Calais ....
Nigel Farage on QT delivered bloody Brexit.

Beware Auntie. Its not what it seems.

Beware of the Risen People

Some good news at last on 20:39 - Mar 6 with 2761 viewsBrynCartwright

Welsh language rights not yet been decided upon apparently. Hopefully S4C may still show some.

Personally, I will miss the Scarlets and Ospreys games.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Some good news at last on 20:40 - Mar 6 with 2754 viewsJackfath

Some good news at last on 20:01 - Mar 6 by jack2jack

I thought we were debating about the Pro14 not being on the BBC anymore? Not whether the sport of Rugby is any good.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Some good news at last on 20:46 - Mar 6 with 2730 viewsjack2jack

Some good news at last on 20:40 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

I thought we were debating about the Pro14 not being on the BBC anymore? Not whether the sport of Rugby is any good.

I can throw anything I want to into the conversation, and if relevant or nor as to why the BBC have pulled the plug, then I don't see a problem, if that's ok with you.
So why have they pulled it? Not enough viewers perhaps, which could be relevant to my point, discuss.
Some good news at last on 20:48 - Mar 6 with 2726 viewsJackfath

Some good news at last on 20:46 - Mar 6 by jack2jack

I can throw anything I want to into the conversation, and if relevant or nor as to why the BBC have pulled the plug, then I don't see a problem, if that's ok with you.
So why have they pulled it? Not enough viewers perhaps, which could be relevant to my point, discuss.

Alright, keep your thong on!

Some good news at last on 20:55 - Mar 6 with 2703 viewsjack2jack

Some good news at last on 20:48 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

Alright, keep your thong on!

You are a very naughty boy.But you know that already.
Some good news at last on 20:57 - Mar 6 with 2699 viewsjack247

Some good news at last on 19:32 - Mar 6 by Wingstandwood

I'm assuming the television viewing figures are absolutely atrocious just like the match-day attendances?...Watching stuck in the mud huff n' puff incorporating stop-start, line out, scrum.....stop-start, line out, scrum..... stop-start, line out, scrum..... amongst a sea of empty seats has fuelled the decline of the sports wider appeal.

The bygone days of sidestepping flair and individual skill has been replaced with robotic gym-bunnies performing crash-bang-wallop-tackle, crash-bang-wallop-tackle, crash-bang wallop-tackle thats end result is?......Yep.... stop-start, line out, scrum.....stop-start, line out, scrum..... stop-start, line out, scrum.

Oh and talk about a lack of passion and atmosphere shown by rugby crowds! Utter sh#te!

Probably not. I’m only a casual rugby fan, but I watch a fair few of the Ospreys games because they are on TV so often.

The fact they won’t be on the BBC won’t spur me into going to games though.
Some good news at last on 20:57 - Mar 6 with 2696 viewsJackfath

Some good news at last on 20:55 - Mar 6 by jack2jack

You are a very naughty boy.But you know that already.

There's loads on here who assume they know what I am on about.

Some good news at last on 21:03 - Mar 6 with 2674 viewsRevJames

Perhaps putting games back to a Saturday afternoon at 3pm will actually help and encourage supporters to make the effort and go and watch games.

TV rugby and especially daft kick off times has just made many fans lazy and gives an easy option to stay at home in the warm with sensibly priced beer and food.......
Some good news at last on 21:06 - Mar 6 with 2665 viewsphact0rri

Some good news at last on 21:03 - Mar 6 by RevJames

Perhaps putting games back to a Saturday afternoon at 3pm will actually help and encourage supporters to make the effort and go and watch games.

TV rugby and especially daft kick off times has just made many fans lazy and gives an easy option to stay at home in the warm with sensibly priced beer and food.......

But TV stations are wanting to pick them up more... so probably not?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Some good news at last on 21:06 - Mar 6 with 2665 viewsjack2jack

Some good news at last on 20:57 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

There's loads on here who assume they know what I am on about.

Do you know what your on about is the question.
Some good news at last on 21:08 - Mar 6 with 2660 viewsdickythorpe

Some good news at last on 21:06 - Mar 6 by phact0rri

But TV stations are wanting to pick them up more... so probably not?

The BBC and SKY don't want the pro 14 badly enough.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 21:09]
Some good news at last on 21:09 - Mar 6 with 2649 viewsRevJames

Some good news at last on 21:08 - Mar 6 by dickythorpe

The BBC and SKY don't want the pro 14 badly enough.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 21:09]

Ominous signs for the Six Nations or is this 'protected'....?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024