Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Hawking 05:06 - Mar 14 with 8820 viewsSwansNZ

RIP.

Massive Swans fan, of course.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Stephen Hawking on 07:06 - Mar 14 with 6482 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP YJB.

He loved the Swans like.
Home and Away.

Beware of the Risen People

Stephen Hawking on 07:11 - Mar 14 with 6478 viewsJinxy

RIP Stephen. Unbelievable he lived so long, given his physical issues - what an amazing life eh. I think we were privileged to have been alive the same time as him!
Stephen Hawking on 07:27 - Mar 14 with 6437 viewsdickythorpe

A remarkable man. RIP
Stephen Hawking on 07:44 - Mar 14 with 6417 viewsWarwickHunt

“I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark,”
Stephen Hawking on 07:49 - Mar 14 with 6409 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s going to be funny listening to and reading normal people like us try to pretend that they fully understood what Hawking was on about all these years.

RIP, Prof. I liked you in The Big Bang Theory.

Poll: Tory leader

Stephen Hawking on 08:24 - Mar 14 with 6369 viewsPegojack

Cracking story repeated on BBC Breakfast this morning.

One of his colleagues e-mailed him to say:

"Steven, I read your theory about there possibly being an infinite number of parallel universes. Does that mean that in one of them, I'm smarter than you?"

Hawking replied "Yes. And in one of them, you're funny".
Stephen Hawking on 09:21 - Mar 14 with 6320 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

RIP - extraordinary man.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Stephen Hawking on 09:28 - Mar 14 with 6313 viewsMo_Wives

Stephen Hawking on 07:44 - Mar 14 by WarwickHunt

“I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark,”

You do realise his voice box was controlled by the CIA to undermine belief in God, yeah? As ECB says none of us know what the f*ck he was going on about we just take it for granted he was right.

Oh, shit, sorry. Thought this was the conspiracy theory thread. No disrespect intended.

RIP Hawkins, old boy.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Hawking on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 6301 viewsDarran

He’s being buried in a black hole.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stephen Hawking on 09:39 - Mar 14 with 6297 viewsMo_Wives

Stephen Hawking on 08:24 - Mar 14 by Pegojack

Cracking story repeated on BBC Breakfast this morning.

One of his colleagues e-mailed him to say:

"Steven, I read your theory about there possibly being an infinite number of parallel universes. Does that mean that in one of them, I'm smarter than you?"

Hawking replied "Yes. And in one of them, you're funny".

Also, in an infinite number of universes, with an infinite number of possibilities, there will be one where a being called God exists and he judges the people who live in ours. Checkmate Hawking.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Stephen Hawking on 10:48 - Mar 14 with 6239 viewsLord_Bony

A brilliant mind.

Beat the odds with his motor neurone disease and lived 30 odd years more than he should have.

RIP big man

https://goo.gl/images/vrnvqe

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stephen Hawking on 11:54 - Mar 14 with 6171 viewsJack_Kass

Would be having his debrief meeting with the big G.. but he never bothered to build a ramp.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Stephen Hawking on 12:37 - Mar 14 with 6122 viewssainthelens

Amazing man, courageous, super intelligent. RIP.
Stephen Hawking on 12:46 - Mar 14 with 6107 viewslondonlisa2001

What an incredible contribution some people make. The rest of us can only marvel.

RIP
Stephen Hawking on 13:23 - Mar 14 with 6056 viewsjack2jack

RIP Mr Hawking
Stephen Hawking on 13:49 - Mar 14 with 6038 viewsyescomeon

Reading a brief history of time in school made me want to study cosmology rather than astrophysics. That meant I chose to study in Swansea over Cardiff. In a round about way I may not be as big a Swans fan as I am today as there's a good chance I wouldn't have gone down the liberty on whim had I been living in Cardiff. A great man and an influence on the lives of many I'm sure, both physicists and swans fans.

Upthecity!

Stephen Hawking on 16:30 - Mar 14 with 5971 viewsShaky

Stephen Hawking on 07:49 - Mar 14 by exiledclaseboy

It’s going to be funny listening to and reading normal people like us try to pretend that they fully understood what Hawking was on about all these years.

RIP, Prof. I liked you in The Big Bang Theory.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Stephen Hawking on 16:34 - Mar 14 with 5966 viewsShaky

Stephen Hawking on 07:44 - Mar 14 by WarwickHunt

And yet Einstein believed in God.

http://bigthink.com/articles/did-einstein-pray-what-the-great-genius-thought-abo

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Stephen Hawking on 16:45 - Mar 14 with 5956 viewsLord_Bony

Stephen Hawking on 16:34 - Mar 14 by Shaky

And yet Einstein believed in God.

http://bigthink.com/articles/did-einstein-pray-what-the-great-genius-thought-abo

Dear Phyllis,

I will attempt to reply to your question as simply as I can. Here is my answer:

Scientists believe that every occurrence, including the affairs of human beings, is due to the laws of nature. Therefore a scientist cannot be inclined to believe that the course of events can be influenced by prayer, that is, by a supernaturally manifested wish.

However, we must concede that our actual knowledge of these forces is imperfect, so that in the end the belief in the existence of a final, ultimate spirit rests on a kind of faith. Such belief remains widespread even with the current achievements in science.

But also, everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that some spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe, one that is vastly superior to that of man. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is surely quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stephen Hawking on 17:49 - Mar 14 with 5910 viewsOldjack

R.I.P.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stephen Hawking on 17:51 - Mar 14 with 5905 viewsmax936

Can only echo on what most have already said on the thread, Remarkable indeed.

RIP Stephen Hawking.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stephen Hawking on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 5898 viewsJackfath

Super, Smashing, used to love him on Bullseye. RIP.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stephen Hawking on 17:55 - Mar 14 with 5896 viewsWarwickHunt

Stephen Hawking on 16:30 - Mar 14 by Shaky

I love Stephen Hawking's work - especially the poems.*

*with apologies to Ringo Starr.
Stephen Hawking on 18:10 - Mar 14 with 5870 viewscsf

Saw my father die from MND, horrible disease. Can't describe it now, but as a kid there was some sort of affinity that this great man with a great mind had the same disease as my dad. A massive loss.
Stephen Hawking on 19:26 - Mar 14 with 5822 viewsmax936

Good read this, highlighting some of his remarkable achievements

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/stephen-hawking-death-the-equation-the-prof

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024