Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread 16:22 - Apr 18 with 42390 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 15:55]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:59 - Apr 22 with 1589 viewslonglostjack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:47 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

I despair at times.

Not the performance today, but the reaction to it.

There is no game plan we could use against that team in the game where they celebrate the title with absolutely no pressure on them at all. None.

Sit back and they score 5. Go for it and they probably score 7. Hack them down and they score 7 and we have players sent off and unavailable for the crucial games coming up,

Anyone saying 'that's it, we're down now' - were you seriously counting on points today? Seriously?

The best thing that could happen today did happen. Stoke didn't win at home against Burnley. A team with nothing to play for. Same as Southampton didn't win on Thursday against Leicester. Another team with nothing to play for. And we are moaning because we didn't get anything at Man City on the day they celebrated the title. By a mile. Because they are the best team in this league by a mile.

Bloody hell.

Some of our play was disappointing - Mawson had a shocker. Carroll had not much better, and I'm not certain they mentioned Ki in the first half. But they were just completely outclassed. All of them. And it's impossible in that situation.

I suspect we'll get 2 points from our next two games. And that will probably be enough.

Huge summer awaits. Proper recruitment needed. A full clear out needed. Just to get rid of wages even if we get no fee in.

But today didn't show us anything other than this Man City team are as good as any premier league team has ever been. On a par with that Arsenal team. And that Man Utd team. Sometimes you just have to say - we can't compete with a team that has that amount of money thrown at it.

Fair enough. I think the penalty and switching off was symbolic of an attitude which just shouted "We're going to lose this anyway" though. No excuses for not getting the basics right.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 1575 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:47 - Apr 22 by Lord_Bony

In fairness, they are a team on top of their game atm.

There are not many teams in Europe could have won there today.

We were demoralised without a clue you could see that, but they were relentless, not many teams would have had something out of it.

"There are not many teams in Europe that could have won there today"

seriously, i think you may well be buying in to the premier league hype my friend?
I think there are many teams in Europe that could have won there, lets keep it real.

We were well out of our depth today and were always on a hiding to nothing but how the feck are we supposed to compete with these super rich teams with multi billionaire ownwers.

Our record signing is Sam Clucas who cost us around £16 mil, they have 4 or 5 defenders that cost them £50mil a pop, enough said.

I think we will have to go to the last game of the season against Stoke because we have another billionaire owned team coming up next even though we are home. COYJB
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:03 - Apr 22 with 1549 viewsMuteswan

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:47 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

I despair at times.

There is no game plan we could use against that team in the game where they celebrate the title with absolutely no pressure on them at all. None.

Sit back and they score 5. Go for it and they probably score 7. Hack them down and they score 7 and we have players sent off and unavailable for the crucial games coming up,

Anyone saying 'that's it, we're down now' - were you seriously counting on points today? Seriously?

The best thing that could happen today did happen. Stoke didn't win at home against Burnley. A team with nothing to play for. Same as Southampton didn't win on Thursday against Leicester. Another team with nothing to play for. And we are moaning because we didn't get anything at Man City on the day they celebrated the title. By a mile. Because they are the best team in this league by a mile.

Bloody hell.

Some of our play was disappointing - Mawson had a shocker. Carroll had not much better, and I'm not certain they mentioned Ki in the first half. But they were just completely outclassed. All of them. And it's impossible in that situation.

I suspect we'll get 2 points from our next two games. And that will probably be enough.

Huge summer awaits. Proper recruitment needed. A full clear out needed. Just to get rid of wages even if we get no fee in.

But today didn't show us anything other than this Man City team are as good as any premier league team has ever been. On a par with that Arsenal team. And that Man Utd team. Sometimes you just have to say - we can't compete with a team that has that amount of money thrown at it.

Manchester City have the most expensive squad in football, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.

City spent £215m in the summer transfer market to take the total outlay on their squad to 853m euros (£775m).
If you have enough money you can win almost anything. I agree that there was too little effort today but we’re still there with a chance . Hopefully no serious injuries going forward. As someone once said Onwards and Upwards. 🤞
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 1527 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:03 - Apr 22 by Muteswan

Manchester City have the most expensive squad in football, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.

City spent £215m in the summer transfer market to take the total outlay on their squad to 853m euros (£775m).
If you have enough money you can win almost anything. I agree that there was too little effort today but we’re still there with a chance . Hopefully no serious injuries going forward. As someone once said Onwards and Upwards. 🤞

Couldnt buy them an FA cup win at Wigan tho

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 with 1523 viewsGeoffThom

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Yes there was. They are just too good and move the ball too quickly and with too much accuracy and their ability to control the ball totally with their first touch is a killer.

So it looks like we are chasing shadows. And if we attempt to close down, it's easier for them to find the space around us. So we try to block that space. And they still find it. But it's just a touch harder for them.

Well it worked for Wigan so explain that one
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 with 1514 viewsmonmouth

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:01 - Apr 22 by skettyparkherbert

"There are not many teams in Europe that could have won there today"

seriously, i think you may well be buying in to the premier league hype my friend?
I think there are many teams in Europe that could have won there, lets keep it real.

We were well out of our depth today and were always on a hiding to nothing but how the feck are we supposed to compete with these super rich teams with multi billionaire ownwers.

Our record signing is Sam Clucas who cost us around £16 mil, they have 4 or 5 defenders that cost them £50mil a pop, enough said.

I think we will have to go to the last game of the season against Stoke because we have another billionaire owned team coming up next even though we are home. COYJB

There are NO teams in Europe that are 17th in their league that would not have been handed their arses today. Better?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:12]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:07 - Apr 22 with 1489 viewsSmellyplumz

I despair at times.

Bloody hell.

Huge summer awaits... Big recruitment needed.... Sick to death of hearing this, Lisa both you and I know no such thing will happen. Exactly the same was said last summer.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:08 - Apr 22 with 1483 viewsmonmouth

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:55 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

Yes there was. They are just too good and move the ball too quickly and with too much accuracy and their ability to control the ball totally with their first touch is a killer.

So it looks like we are chasing shadows. And if we attempt to close down, it's easier for them to find the space around us. So we try to block that space. And they still find it. But it's just a touch harder for them.

I agree when we were defending Lis. My beef is absolutely about when we have the ball. Pass and move has been utterly eradicated.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:09 - Apr 22 with 1473 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:58 - Apr 22 by monmouth

In perspective now, yes. That is right. Would I have swapped a 5-0 for Stoke not winning? Yes, I probably would, as I knew it would be three or four.

During the game, no. I find it impossible. I don’t like supine surrender, even though I know we might as well. Nobody in our team from the manager down wanted that game, there was no effort to play when we had the ball, and as a professional in front of millions, during the game, I find that hard to swallow.

As I’ve said elsewhere though, yeah, expected outcome, just forget it. And the Stoke result was a bonus, I thought desperation and their home thugs would get them a win.

I don't think it wa that we didn't want it. It was that we were utterly outclassed.

As I said, there were a few disappointing performances - Mawson for me showed how far away he is from being the level that some appear to think he is.

But absolutely everything could have gone well, we could have played out of our skins, ground out a draw and Stoke could have beaten Burnley and we would have been a point worse off than we are.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 1445 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 by GeoffThom

Well it worked for Wigan so explain that one

Because you get the odd freak result.

We got the odd freak result when we were in League 1 and League 2 in the cup.

It's partly because the team you are playing take you for granted and their performance isn't at its highest level. Today their performance was as good as it gets.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 1443 viewsSwanseaman

I despair at times.

Bloody hell.

What you say does have some logic. But if you look at our time in the Premier, under most of the different managers we've had, we have at least tried to get at the top teams and given them a go. Our best results against the better teams have usually been when we've gone for it and got at them.

Today we were a team who went out onto the pitch with no hope of getting anything and devoid of any type of real effort needed in order to get anything.

I think the way we set up and the tactics used were the worst we could have used.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 1437 viewstheloneranger

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:21 - Apr 22 by Jonathans_coat

They’ll put the under 18’s out, and Saintsbwill turn them over! you just watch it happen!

For Man City to get to 100 points, they can't afford to lose a game

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 1430 viewsGeoffThom

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:09 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

I don't think it wa that we didn't want it. It was that we were utterly outclassed.

As I said, there were a few disappointing performances - Mawson for me showed how far away he is from being the level that some appear to think he is.

But absolutely everything could have gone well, we could have played out of our skins, ground out a draw and Stoke could have beaten Burnley and we would have been a point worse off than we are.

The point is this ,did we expect a result no we didn’t ,were we looking for a bit of fight in our side yes we were ,we did not get any fight we rolled over and played dead ,effort was all we asked for and there was none
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 1426 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:07 - Apr 22 by Smellyplumz

Huge summer awaits... Big recruitment needed.... Sick to death of hearing this, Lisa both you and I know no such thing will happen. Exactly the same was said last summer.

That may well be the case. I think a clear out will happen though to be honest.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:14 - Apr 22 with 1421 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:35 - Apr 22 by Captain_Sham

Whats embarrassing is the reaction of some of the cnts on here. If we do go down I hope most of you fk off and leave it to the real supporters.
You giant fking minges.

It's a football forum....if you don't like it, maybe you should do one.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:14 - Apr 22 with 1417 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:13 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

That may well be the case. I think a clear out will happen though to be honest.

It will be the same rubbish every season now until we go down.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:16 - Apr 22 with 1402 viewslegoman

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:20 - Apr 22 by GeoffThom

I’d love to get down the training ground this week and call this lot a gutless spineless lot of crap 😡😡😡 no fighting spirit whatsoever not a set of bollacks amongst them should not get paid for that

And watch them drive away in their Lambos smirking whilst giving you the finger. Yep, that's gonna work!😉

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:16 - Apr 22 with 1402 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:05 - Apr 22 by monmouth

There are NO teams in Europe that are 17th in their league that would not have been handed their arses today. Better?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:12]

As i said earlier my friend i think we buy into this "premier league the best league in the world"
bullshit.

If you put everything you have into the game and are organised and have a game plan any committed team could beat anyone< Ala West Brom beating Man U, Wigan beating City in the FA Cup etc, etc?

We didn't put everything in to our performance today we just stood off and let them play.
We gave possession away when not under pressure, could,nt cross the ball, couldn't defend with any aggression, Torre had more time and space to pick the pass to Jesus it was pitiful to watch, but hay ho we are still in it as it stands?
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 22 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:12 - Apr 22 by Swanseaman

What you say does have some logic. But if you look at our time in the Premier, under most of the different managers we've had, we have at least tried to get at the top teams and given them a go. Our best results against the better teams have usually been when we've gone for it and got at them.

Today we were a team who went out onto the pitch with no hope of getting anything and devoid of any type of real effort needed in order to get anything.

I think the way we set up and the tactics used were the worst we could have used.

The gap between the very top and bottom is getting wider. Hence the reason that the points total to stay up is getting lower.

The only 'big' team I'm confident of getting anything at all away is Arsenal as they have off days. At home we stand a chance apart from Man City and Man Utd.

I think we stand a chance of getting something against Chelsea as they aren't at level at the moment and at home we are a different proposition.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:19 - Apr 22 with 1377 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:08 - Apr 22 by monmouth

I agree when we were defending Lis. My beef is absolutely about when we have the ball. Pass and move has been utterly eradicated.

That's because our players aren't really any good any longer. Anyone that's good we sell.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:31 - Apr 22 with 1309 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

The gap between the very top and bottom is getting wider. Hence the reason that the points total to stay up is getting lower.

The only 'big' team I'm confident of getting anything at all away is Arsenal as they have off days. At home we stand a chance apart from Man City and Man Utd.

I think we stand a chance of getting something against Chelsea as they aren't at level at the moment and at home we are a different proposition.

Hi Londonlisa

You are totally correct about the gap between the top and bottom is getting wider because of the stupid money in the premier league.

How is this going to stop because it isn't a level playing field now because there are only truly 3 teams that will compete next season maybe 4 if Chelsea spend another hideous fortune.

City, Utd and Liverpool will be there fighting it out, Chelsea ,Spurs and Arsenal will make up the other top six spots but in general the richer the club the higher up you finish?

What can be done to correct this?
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:31 - Apr 22 with 1309 viewsmonmouth

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:19 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

That's because our players aren't really any good any longer. Anyone that's good we sell.

Fair play, that’s a real kick in the nuts.

I should have said. I can’t handle the truth.

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:33 - Apr 22 with 1297 viewsdobjack2

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:19 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

A formula that only has a chance of working if you have shrewd recruitment.

Selling your best players and recruiting players who are not as good only ends up with one outcome for a club like ours. Sometimes it hits a club in one season, for others it is a drawn out affair with season after season of ever declining quality and entertainment.
The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:34 - Apr 22 with 1292 viewsmonmouth

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:16 - Apr 22 by skettyparkherbert

As i said earlier my friend i think we buy into this "premier league the best league in the world"
bullshit.

If you put everything you have into the game and are organised and have a game plan any committed team could beat anyone< Ala West Brom beating Man U, Wigan beating City in the FA Cup etc, etc?

We didn't put everything in to our performance today we just stood off and let them play.
We gave possession away when not under pressure, could,nt cross the ball, couldn't defend with any aggression, Torre had more time and space to pick the pass to Jesus it was pitiful to watch, but hay ho we are still in it as it stands?

I don’t disagree. We turned up to lose. CC even said we were ‘going to the party’. But we would have been humped, probably 5-0, anyway, so just move on, no point in any angst now. I did feel it during the match, but Inalways do.

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:37 - Apr 22 with 1265 viewsmonmouth

The Official EPL Champions Man City FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:31 - Apr 22 by skettyparkherbert

Hi Londonlisa

You are totally correct about the gap between the top and bottom is getting wider because of the stupid money in the premier league.

How is this going to stop because it isn't a level playing field now because there are only truly 3 teams that will compete next season maybe 4 if Chelsea spend another hideous fortune.

City, Utd and Liverpool will be there fighting it out, Chelsea ,Spurs and Arsenal will make up the other top six spots but in general the richer the club the higher up you finish?

What can be done to correct this?

Handicap for value of your team. Won’t happen. Not in TV or big clubs interest. Every league is now a two or three horse race.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024