Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony and mcburnie 09:23 - May 20 with 4536 viewsGenerousredswan

Personally I think we should keep bony,I think he had a lot of bad luck with injuries and would be great in championship and also play Mcburnie up front with him .old head and young head i think it could work ,that's if we could keep both p!ayers.
Bony and mcburnie on 09:28 - May 20 with 3036 viewsthornabyswan

Yes I agree not sure if Bony has a relegation clause built into his wage.
Rumours he is on 120 grand a week.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bony and mcburnie on 09:28 - May 20 with 3035 viewsomarjack

Bony's injury record and wages are a huge liability that could sink us further..imagine paying him 5 m/year so he can pick up an injury after another..too risky.

I'd keep the Ayew brothers and Mcburnie,and maybe get another striker on loan. (although I doubt Andre would stay with us now that we're relegated)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bony and mcburnie on 09:31 - May 20 with 3009 viewsdobjack2

What people may want and what cutting our costs is going to mean are probably entirely different things.
Bony and mcburnie on 09:35 - May 20 with 2980 viewsTheFranchise

Given his likely wages, the injury and his games record in the last few seasons, I don't see a scenario where Bony leaves.

At this time, we need him to score goals because only a stupid idiot signs him from us.
Bony and mcburnie on 09:37 - May 20 with 2966 viewsmoonie

We have no option . He could well be crocked .
Bony and mcburnie on 09:37 - May 20 with 2963 viewsdobjack2

Bony and mcburnie on 09:35 - May 20 by TheFranchise

Given his likely wages, the injury and his games record in the last few seasons, I don't see a scenario where Bony leaves.

At this time, we need him to score goals because only a stupid idiot signs him from us.

Well we signed him .....
Bony and mcburnie on 09:46 - May 20 with 2916 viewsAl_Bundy

It could be said Bony owes us for the time he was fit this season and the wages he's on.

He won't take a pay cut so he'll be offloaded to somewhere like Turkey or China.

McBurnie it appears has one eye on the exit door so unless HJ hasn't pissed him off further over contracts talks its likely we'll be without both.
Bony and mcburnie on 09:48 - May 20 with 2902 viewsomarjack

I can see him leaving for a couple of millions (just like Gomis) to ease the sale to either Turkey or China,imo it's very probable so we can get rid of the wages and cut our losses.

Edit:Well,the fellow before me beat me to it.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 9:49]

Login to get fewer ads

Bony and mcburnie on 09:48 - May 20 with 2897 viewsswancity

Bony will be gone and mcburnie is currently considering all options.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Bony and mcburnie on 09:55 - May 20 with 2851 viewsthornabyswan

Bony and mcburnie on 09:48 - May 20 by swancity

Bony will be gone and mcburnie is currently considering all options.

Mcburnie can consider what he wants if he is under contract we hold the cards.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Bony and mcburnie on 10:01 - May 20 with 2814 viewsPrivate_Partz

I agree but I doubt Bony has a relegation clause. We can't risk him continuing to be crocked and those wages are a non starter.
Another example of a player signed by a desperate man out of his depth.
Ollie on the other hand is likely to look elswhere, like most of our squad, as we are such a clusterfeck.
The signing of a manager with authority, contacts and the ability to play attractive football might encourage those to stay and attract interest from players outside.
Leon and Cameron with Huw continuing to pull the transfer strings most certainly will not.
The clock ticks on.........

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bony and mcburnie on 10:02 - May 20 with 2809 viewsomarjack

Bony and mcburnie on 09:55 - May 20 by thornabyswan

If a player wants to leave,he'll leave.

If not now,then in January. He can always play sh!t. And make us regret keeping him..As it'd already be mid-season and we could have already blown our chances for promotion.

We'd obviously rather sell him now if he really pushes for a move. As we're gonna lose him on the field anyway. And next season he'll leave us for free as well.

We need to convince him to stay. Not to hold a gun to his head.

Bony and mcburnie on 10:03 - May 20 with 2792 viewsswancity

Bony and mcburnie on 09:55 - May 20 by thornabyswan

I think you might find that if a player wants to leave that's what happens contract or not

Bony and mcburnie on 10:12 - May 20 with 2756 viewsthornabyswan

Bony and mcburnie on 10:03 - May 20 by swancity

I think you might find that if a player wants to leave that's what happens contract or not

Maybe but there have been a few clubs who have dug in and kept players who have still continued to play.
Mahrez for instance this season.
We have our hands tied with the big earners we can't afford to keep most of them.
The likes of Ollie will not be on a huge wage.
So unless the fee is right for the club we play hardball.

Bony and mcburnie on 10:15 - May 20 with 2741 viewsswancity

Bony and mcburnie on 10:12 - May 20 by thornabyswan

Maybe but there have been a few clubs who have dug in and kept players who have still continued to play.
We have our hands tied with the big earners we can't afford to keep most of them.

In reality it doesn't happen. Players who want to go have to go if the right offer comes in. Pointless pretending otherwise

Bony and mcburnie on 10:15 - May 20 with 2739 viewsomarjack

Mahrez coudn't afford to play badly for long..First because he has a huge ego,Second..because if he wants to impress the top teams he'll have to prove he can deliver constantly..Third..because he didn't want a relegation on his CV.

Ollie's standards are different..he'll force a move if he really intends to..But the thing here is..why should he leave?

Bony and mcburnie on 10:20 - May 20 with 2712 viewsDewi1jack

Trouble is it seems any fee whatsoever is right for the club.
Or they try and hold out for what they want, the player leaves anyway then we're panic buying.

See our last 3 seasons or so for the opening chapters in "Football club running for Dummies and mistakes to avoid."

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bony and mcburnie on 10:30 - May 20 with 2655 viewslidojack

Surely convincing Oli to stay would be an easy thing to do?

Despite the pessimism on here, we will be one of the favourites to go up next season, and that potentially could be with the u23 manager that Oli has had so much success with. Moving to Rangers (which is the only club I've seen him vaguely linked to) would offer him the chance to finish second in Scotland. Not exactly a great achievement.

If Oli can be the one that scores the goals that send us up his value would sky-rocket. And if he doesnt he could still get his move to Scotland next summer or even January.

Give him assurances that he will get game time (which he must surely get next season) and its a no brainer.
Bony and mcburnie on 10:31 - May 20 with 2644 viewsPawelAbbott

He has 12,months left on his contract. We could play hardball and lose him for nothing in 12 months or we could take the suggested £4 million that he is rated at now.
He has had a decent half a season in the championship with Barnsley. If someone is willing to pay a few million for him then take it.
Bony and mcburnie on 10:41 - May 20 with 2598 viewsjack247

Agree with this. I don’t see him leaving until the January window. Just can’t see teams taking the risk
Bony and mcburnie on 10:42 - May 20 with 2588 viewsEU5Makaveli

Bony and mcburnie on 09:28 - May 20 by thornabyswan

Yes I agree not sure if Bony has a relegation clause built into his wage.
Rumours he is on 120 grand a week.

120 grand a week? Where do people get this absolute rubbish from
Bony and mcburnie on 10:43 - May 20 with 2583 viewsJacket

Ship Bony out to Turkey or China I'd say. Even with a relegation clause he'd be on 60 grand a week. Can't afford to keep him here - nowhere near worth that
Bony and mcburnie on 10:49 - May 20 with 2549 viewsjasper_T

Bony and mcburnie on 10:42 - May 20 by EU5Makaveli

His original Man City contract would have run until the end of next season, so to bring him here we would have had to offer him a meaningful financial incentive.
Bony and mcburnie on 10:52 - May 20 with 2538 viewsthornabyswan

Bony and mcburnie on 10:49 - May 20 by jasper_T

His original Man City contract would have run until the end of next season, so to bring him here we would have had to offer him a meaningful financial incentive.

12 million transfer fee as well Huw knows how to waste a few quid fair play.

Bony and mcburnie on 11:10 - May 20 with 2468 viewsDr_Winston

Bony and mcburnie on 10:42 - May 20 by EU5Makaveli

Seems to have been one specific tweet rather than anything reliable.

It makes the club and player look terrible so naturally people treat it as gospel.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024