Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dineen on Swansea Sound 10:00 - May 24 with 37207 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just caught a snippet on the news.
Says cash flow is a problem. They don't want any redundancies in staff but will have to cut back on the playing side.
Relegation clauses are in place but these don't come into effect until July hence cash issues.
I guess this might have come from an interview on STID last night.
I might have got this wrong but it sounded like jobs for the boys are safe. We cut the playing staff and don't expect any action until July.
Also what is he doing as club spokesman? Seems like anyone will do provided it is not Jenkins.
Did anyone hear the full interview?
[Post edited 24 May 2018 10:48]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:21 - May 24 with 11373 viewsJinxy

I didn't hear it but I'm not surprised if staff will be all safe. Not that I want to see anyone lose a job, but it does seem that everyone is either related to or knows someone already working at the club. If this is the case, this calls competence, professionalism, suitability and integrity into question - apart from being an unfair way to hire people. For example, every time I've sent a letter, made a suggestion etc. there's been no response, so now I don't bother. I will say though that 1:1 dealings have always been friendly, but it would be nice for a complete review/overhaul of all levels at the club, but while the lunatics are in charge, the asylum will remain the same I'm afraid.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:23 - May 24 with 11358 viewsLeonWasGod

No didn't hear it.

It's OK though, I'm pretty sure big nose justified the sneaky sell out on the basis that new owners would be better provide to buffer against things like cash flow problems.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:28 - May 24 with 11313 viewsawayjack

Everything Dineen had touched had been a mess. Man is simply incompetent, sickening example of 'jobs for the boys'. That he's still a spokesman for the club shows what a shambles we've become.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:36 - May 24 with 11250 viewssainthelens

Yet again shows Jenkins as a shythouse. If we'd stayed up guaranteed it would have been him taking a slice of credit in the media.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:54 - May 24 with 11098 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:21 - May 24 by Jinxy

I didn't hear it but I'm not surprised if staff will be all safe. Not that I want to see anyone lose a job, but it does seem that everyone is either related to or knows someone already working at the club. If this is the case, this calls competence, professionalism, suitability and integrity into question - apart from being an unfair way to hire people. For example, every time I've sent a letter, made a suggestion etc. there's been no response, so now I don't bother. I will say though that 1:1 dealings have always been friendly, but it would be nice for a complete review/overhaul of all levels at the club, but while the lunatics are in charge, the asylum will remain the same I'm afraid.

I've applied for numerous jobs with the Swans over the years. Never even have a reply or acknowledgement of any of my applications.
I don't know why they even have a HR department or even advertise positions as they are most likely filled before they become public.

The same can be said for the Ospreys.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:03 - May 24 with 11017 viewsJinxy

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:54 - May 24 by AustinIsOurHero

I've applied for numerous jobs with the Swans over the years. Never even have a reply or acknowledgement of any of my applications.
I don't know why they even have a HR department or even advertise positions as they are most likely filled before they become public.

The same can be said for the Ospreys.

That's awful - and they say courtesy is "common" eh? I think nepotism rules there to be honest.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:13 - May 24 with 10925 viewsDaiWill

I wonder if any of the board had relegation clauses in their terms & conditions - highly unlikely! The club relied heavily on commercial revenue from the Premier League. With such a massive reduction in turnover, you have to cut your outgoings in order for it to remain sustainable & viable.

I don't want to see any staff lose their jobs but to sacrifice the quality of the squad , which is ultimately responsible for the success of the club & business, puts everyone at risk. It's about time the fat cats had a real hard look at themselves.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:18 - May 24 with 10883 viewsJinxy

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:13 - May 24 by DaiWill

I wonder if any of the board had relegation clauses in their terms & conditions - highly unlikely! The club relied heavily on commercial revenue from the Premier League. With such a massive reduction in turnover, you have to cut your outgoings in order for it to remain sustainable & viable.

I don't want to see any staff lose their jobs but to sacrifice the quality of the squad , which is ultimately responsible for the success of the club & business, puts everyone at risk. It's about time the fat cats had a real hard look at themselves.

Well everything should adjust on a pro rata basis shouldn't it. They may well justify not cutting back elsewhere on the basis that the highest proportion of cost savings can be made elsewhere, leaving friends and family safe?!
[Post edited 24 May 2018 11:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:20 - May 24 with 10865 viewsDarran

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:36 - May 24 by sainthelens

Yet again shows Jenkins as a shythouse. If we'd stayed up guaranteed it would have been him taking a slice of credit in the media.

This.

Blames the fans in his programme notes,tells a pack of lies in his only interview to his favourite journalists,too afraid to go to the last game,says nothing since relegation.

Then carries on as if nothings happened for his £10k a week. Utterly scandalous by anyone’s standards.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:20 - May 24 with 10859 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

So this is what it’s come to. We were told the yanks coming in would provide financial security to take us to the next level. Now this incompetent idiot is telling us there’s cash flow problems.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:26 - May 24 with 10792 viewsmagicdaps10

I swear i read he was quoted as saying that the americans would offer far more financial stability if we were to go down.

Do they actually think when they say these things or do they think all fans are just totally stupid!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:29 - May 24 with 10771 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:20 - May 24 by Darran

This.

Blames the fans in his programme notes,tells a pack of lies in his only interview to his favourite journalists,too afraid to go to the last game,says nothing since relegation.

Then carries on as if nothings happened for his £10k a week. Utterly scandalous by anyone’s standards.

How many people's wages would Jenkin's £500,000 a year pay?
20 at £25,000 a year.
That should be the first "redundancy" to be considered, as he gets paid for helping to destroy the club.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:29 - May 24 with 10768 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:26 - May 24 by magicdaps10

I swear i read he was quoted as saying that the americans would offer far more financial stability if we were to go down.

Do they actually think when they say these things or do they think all fans are just totally stupid!?

They’re starting to act like politicians spouting bollocks and treating fans with contempt
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:35 - May 24 with 10729 viewsmagicdaps10

He definitely made that statement did Jenkins.

The sale guaranteed the future of the club to an extent that it would not hit the club even if the worse happened.

So, the fun begins............lies and deceit are appearing again.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:37 - May 24 with 10706 viewsLoyal

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:36 - May 24 by sainthelens

No different to Martin Morgan's out of the limelight strategy mind.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:44 - May 24 with 10647 viewsDarran

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:37 - May 24 by Loyal

No different to Martin Morgan's out of the limelight strategy mind.

Yeah but in fairness he’s stayed out of the limelight through the good times too.

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:13 - May 24 with 10468 viewsDarran

This interview airs in full tomorrow at 6pm on Swansea Sound.

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:18 - May 24 with 10433 viewssomersetsimon

I got the impression that cash flow was a problem the whole time we were in the Premier League. It doesn't say much for our business management that we never managed to get on top of this.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:24 - May 24 with 10400 viewsHighjack

I’m fairly certain the cash flow problem doesn’t affect the individuals involved in the sale.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:31 - May 24 with 10319 viewsWingstandwood

I find it absolutely staggering the scum is still here, after his despicable act of treachery you'd think he would have a guilty conscience or even maybe just a micro-residual shred of decency to f#ck off.

But nah, *oink, oink, oink, oink. oink, oink* the greedy lowlife pig is still at the trough!

Argus!

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:34 - May 24 with 10285 viewsjasper_T

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:18 - May 24 by somersetsimon

I got the impression that cash flow was a problem the whole time we were in the Premier League. It doesn't say much for our business management that we never managed to get on top of this.

Unless you've got someone on hand to deposit tens of millions into the bank account when needed, cashflow is always going to be an issue for a sporadically profitable company with expenses this large.

Especially when you're having to make big payouts to end contracts every few months.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:37 - May 24 with 10263 viewsEbo

He shouldn't even be responding, scrub that, he shouldn't even be on Twitter

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:43 - May 24 with 10204 viewskarnataka

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:29 - May 24 by FerrisBuellerJB

They’re starting to act like politicians spouting bollocks and treating fans with contempt

Starting? They've been doing it for 2 years now. To me this 'cash flow' snippet means just one thing: the fans are going to want some early signings after relegation so we'd better feed them some plausible bullsh!t and get our excuse in now.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:49 - May 24 with 10146 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

Were the trust aware of these cash flow problems?
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:49 - May 24 with 10138 viewsDippy

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:24 - May 24 by Highjack

I’m fairly certain the cash flow problem doesn’t affect the individuals involved in the sale.

My mind said the same thing.. as I got to your post.

It seems like.. f*ck the business, let's all sort our own pockets first..

The board meeting.. Steve, Jason, Huw, Leigh, Martin, Chris.

Steve - how are your finances Leigh
Leigh - fine Steve, how's yours going Huw
Huw - I'm OK, nice house down west Wales.. Martin?
Martin - huh? Sorry, didn't catch you Huw.. too busy looking at my online banking
Chris - Barclays? HSBC?.. fantastic.
Jason - right then, what about our business.
Huw - it's those fans in it, they're the cause
Martin - yeah, fans.. nasty lot them lot.
Leigh - yeah.. fans init
Jason - absolutely.. we signed average people, fans fault
Steve - Aye
Chris - Aye
Huw - right then, we have a multimillion windfall in the next 3 years.. who are we going to axe?
Martin - well, Routledge, Dyer, McBurnie and Bartley are high quality.. so we'll extend their salaries.
Leigh - absolutely, Huw has an eye for talent.
Steve - I agree.. but can we sell them for additional funds to appease the lowly 27 shareholders pockets?
Leigh - excellent idea
Huw - Superb
Martin - yes.. but will that enter our bank accounts?

A lot of c*ck waving will be going on.. it's always the same when ego's collide..

If anyone mentions money making.. like in a pub.. I probably call them a pr*ck.

I'm making this much..
I'm making that much
My bank account is so big, god must have invented me for this purpose..

Whilst me and their wives look at each other and shake our heads..

Poll: Cooper Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024