Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Modern day London 06:32 - Jun 10 with 7597 viewspeenemunde

Yet a another murder last night.
It’s like a war zone. What has happened to a once fine city.
Modern day London on 09:18 - Jun 11 with 1214 viewsmoonie

I ain't laughing.
Two feckless party leaders at these of all times.
Nah,you gotta weep.
Amazingly, Corbyn well behind on opinion polls .

This site is atypical of feelings in Britain so don't kid yourselves
Modern day London on 09:45 - Jun 11 with 1186 viewsjeza739

Modern day London on 09:39 - Jun 10 by Jackfath

It doesn't help that police are able to retire on full pensions after 30 years service. Imagine the cost of that for someone who is 47 getting a huge pension every month for the next 40 years, potentially.

And they pay a huge wack into it as well. 11% and its now 35yrs service from age 18
Modern day London on 09:47 - Jun 11 with 1180 viewsShaky

Ease up on the hysteria, people.

9 million people live in London. That would make it the 19th largest country Europe, bigger than 30 other nations:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_population

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Modern day London on 09:48 - Jun 11 with 1179 viewsmoonie

But he doesn't want to read that Jeza.

His pension ,I've little doubt, will be better .

Police terms of service are immeasurably worse these days and it's not just Labour police hating politicians who have done it as conservative administrations are equally to blame .

Quite why anyone joins these days mystifies me . Lions led by donkeys without question.

Now teachers ...
Modern day London on 09:51 - Jun 11 with 1171 viewsLeonWasGod

Modern day London on 09:18 - Jun 11 by moonie

I ain't laughing.
Two feckless party leaders at these of all times.
Nah,you gotta weep.
Amazingly, Corbyn well behind on opinion polls .

This site is atypical of feelings in Britain so don't kid yourselves

indeed. And feckless is being complimentary. Make that 3 if you bring in the inconsequential Lib Dems.
Modern day London on 09:52 - Jun 11 with 1169 viewsjeza739

Modern day London on 09:48 - Jun 11 by moonie

But he doesn't want to read that Jeza.

His pension ,I've little doubt, will be better .

Police terms of service are immeasurably worse these days and it's not just Labour police hating politicians who have done it as conservative administrations are equally to blame .

Quite why anyone joins these days mystifies me . Lions led by donkeys without question.

Now teachers ...

Totally concur...
Modern day London on 09:59 - Jun 11 with 1147 viewsDarran

The police aren’t what they used to be mind.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Modern day London on 10:03 - Jun 11 with 1157 viewsmoonie

I don't seek compliments nor friendship on here just speaking as I find it.

It's why my contempt for both May and Corbyn is at its zenith .

Make no mistake, this county is in trouble.

I'm getting to the end of my life and can't complain but I feel for the young
Login to get fewer ads

Modern day London on 10:06 - Jun 11 with 1155 viewspikeypaul

Last week a guy I know spent 3 hours being questioned by the police after an argument with a neighbour over cutting his own hedge.Absoulute total waste of time zero violence and just words the police were around his house within 1 hour.

1 month ago he had his work van broken into and £2000 worth of power tools stolen he immediately reported it but it took the police 4 days to come around.

The priorities are all wrong political correctness has taken over,smash an old lady over the head no problem call someone a name and you will be inside before you know it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Modern day London on 10:09 - Jun 11 with 1149 viewspikeypaul

Yes the country is indeed in trouble due to 25 years of insane PC driven by the loony left.

A zero tolerance crack down needs to happen but never will due to the leftie do gooders who think the criminal needs support more than the victim.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 10:12]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Modern day London on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 1141 viewscontroversial_jack

Modern day London on 10:06 - Jun 11 by pikeypaul

Last week a guy I know spent 3 hours being questioned by the police after an argument with a neighbour over cutting his own hedge.Absoulute total waste of time zero violence and just words the police were around his house within 1 hour.

1 month ago he had his work van broken into and £2000 worth of power tools stolen he immediately reported it but it took the police 4 days to come around.

The priorities are all wrong political correctness has taken over,smash an old lady over the head no problem call someone a name and you will be inside before you know it.

That shouldn't really have been a police matter
Modern day London on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 1140 viewsmoonie

I left Police many years ago to go in a different direction and set myself up for life. I've don't ok . Best decision I ever made in my life.
It was changing then and successive Chielf Constables have been complicit in the capitulation of the Police Service ,which is to FIGHT crime and make criminals lives hell. Forget liaison,patting kids on the head and appearing at charity do s . We need the Police to at least get criminals little worried supported by a justice system that isn't a sham and a talking shop for feral barristers

It's gone way past a joke
Modern day London on 10:15 - Jun 11 with 1136 viewspikeypaul

I know so why the hell did they get involved?

Modern day London on 10:25 - Jun 11 with 1119 viewsBadlands

Modern day London on 09:57 - Jun 10 by jackrabbit

What total bollocks. Perhaps police priorities might have something to do with it. Whilst moped muggers are daily committing daylight robbery - quite literally, in the centre of a densely populated city with not a policeman in sight, last week 3 police officers turned up at the home of a 79 year old lady who had been feeding somebody else's cat! Pity they couldn't be arrested for wasting (their own) police time!

That is of course not to mention the time they waste tracking Facebook messages or investigating cases of historical sexual abuse. I don't blame the soldiers on the ground. I blame their politically motivated officers who have turned them into one the most ineffectual police forces - sorry, services- on the face of the earth.

'Reality Check verdict: That's about right - under the Conservative and coalition governments, the number of police officers has fallen by somewhere between 19,000 and 22,000.'
London has lost 2,600 officers under the conservatives. There has been a per-capita drop from 263 -235 officers.
Murder rates in London reach a 13 year high - meaning figures have been higher recently.
Per head of population last year's murder rate in London was only marginally higher than in 1880!
London is often compared with New York, especially by Trump
Reality check - the UK’s capital’s murder rate for any given 12-month period was less than a third of New York’s.
We had been living in a time of a relative calm period of crime during a period of relative prosperity.
Crime rates shot up after 2016 ( ... ring any bells?). Attitudes have changed to embolden people who used to mouth off now to act.
At the lower end of society poverty is increasing as a result of politically inspired austerity measures (other countries have avoided) and the government has made the UK a far less relaxed place to live.
In your comment you appear to want to pick and choose what police priorities are but those the are unimportant to you are very impound to someone else.
When does a rape victim stop being a rape victim? Would you prefer police to be catching shoplifters or preventing acs of terrorism? A threat to kill made directly or on social media is still threat to kill, child grooming is almost all done over the web.
Priorities have to be set and, just like in the NHS, where technology is becoming more sophisticated, expectations rising, costs increasing and funding reducing the police are stretched.
(On my political soap box- all this will help with the privatisation of major services.)
Let's not forget some of the most vociferous anti-crime voices were beating up police in London at the weekend.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 10:27]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Modern day London on 10:26 - Jun 11 with 1114 viewsmoonie

Neither are many other matters contro.

Sadly, we have police managers so obsessed with PC that they do instruct officers on the ground to get involved with matters that have nothing to do with policing . I've been so for some time .

I could write a book about it all and wish I had . The public knows ,actually, very little about the a average day of a serving police officer ( aka Filth)
Modern day London on 10:28 - Jun 11 with 1107 viewstrampie

Judging by what Moonie has admitted to getting up to in the Police, I wonder why he left ???..........hmm

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Modern day London on 10:41 - Jun 11 with 1102 viewsBadlands

Modern day London on 09:17 - Jun 11 by pikeypaul

Police cuts all over the country and we have not seen the huge rise in knife crime and murder elsewhere.

Take a look at the demograph of the people who are committing and on the receiving end of these knife crimes.

Or are we not allowed to talk about that and must turn a blind eye.
It’s disgusting we have the usual suspects here trying to make political gain
from the deaths of these youngsters.

demographic - you mean poor black, mainly male, youngsters.
No one is turning a blind eye but they are trying to walk a fine line between preventing crime and oppressing groups based on colour.
Comparisons between social provision very clearly shows, for whatever reason, young black men are significantly more likely to be poorer, live in poorer housing and have fewer work opportunities.
'Once the whole picture is available, it becomes clear that knife crime is usually associated with poverty and often with poor mental health, failing schools and a lack of economic opportunity. Ethnicity can be a marker of these circumstances, but it is not a cause. ... A study as long ago as 2009 by the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies found that a crime-and-punishment approach — weapons confiscation schemes, tougher sentencing, metal detectors and zero tolerance — made little difference. '
Tackle poverty and you tackle crime.
It sounds soft but it's true.
For family reason I used to spend a lot of time in South West London in the 50s and 60 and it was a very threatening place.
I now spend a lot of time in North East London (Stratford, Leyton. Tottenham) and I have no qualms about walking to the 24 hours TESCO any time of day or night.
But, for a youth who lives in the areas 24/7 carrying a blade is considered a means of protection and not confined to black youths.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Modern day London on 10:47 - Jun 11 with 1088 viewsmoonie

Trample.
Don't fret. You only know what I tell you. Remember that .

You post as a terrorist loving ,reactionary as does Killy . You both seem to applaud the Irish rebels and want the same in Wales. I'm wondering what you do for a living . ( only joking)

Never forget ,you can be what you want to be on here . I might be
a transgender descendant of Saunders Lewis, a man of Wirral.

I feed you all . It's up to you . Spit or swallow
Modern day London on 10:49 - Jun 11 with 1081 viewstrampie

That is frightening to hear, i would go and have gone to a sporting events in London just getting in and out of the place asap, as there are plenty of stewards and police, but I would not visit London or a big English City for a stay or even a day looking around for fear of one's safety.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Modern day London on 10:50 - Jun 11 with 1082 viewsomarjack

Modern day London on 10:41 - Jun 11 by Badlands

demographic - you mean poor black, mainly male, youngsters.
No one is turning a blind eye but they are trying to walk a fine line between preventing crime and oppressing groups based on colour.
Comparisons between social provision very clearly shows, for whatever reason, young black men are significantly more likely to be poorer, live in poorer housing and have fewer work opportunities.
'Once the whole picture is available, it becomes clear that knife crime is usually associated with poverty and often with poor mental health, failing schools and a lack of economic opportunity. Ethnicity can be a marker of these circumstances, but it is not a cause. ... A study as long ago as 2009 by the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies found that a crime-and-punishment approach — weapons confiscation schemes, tougher sentencing, metal detectors and zero tolerance — made little difference. '
Tackle poverty and you tackle crime.
It sounds soft but it's true.
For family reason I used to spend a lot of time in South West London in the 50s and 60 and it was a very threatening place.
I now spend a lot of time in North East London (Stratford, Leyton. Tottenham) and I have no qualms about walking to the 24 hours TESCO any time of day or night.
But, for a youth who lives in the areas 24/7 carrying a blade is considered a means of protection and not confined to black youths.

That's what the right-wing nutters don't want to see.

Being black or Asian or else is not the problem here. It's purely economical. And as long as the Tories keep the money amongst the rich and privileged, this will never change.

Instead of pointing fingers.."oh no! Labour,ethnic apologetic mayor!/oh no! migrants and the coloured are taking our land!.." etc..Why don't you come up with solutions that will relieve these communities? Instead of blatant racism and threatening to initiate unlawful search based on race and profiling policies, Or deport newly arrived migrants etc?

These are human beings. And the absolute majority of them wouldn't have resorted to crime if they could help it..And if there was true equality in our very "modern" society.

Plus..just to point something out..Europe is the safest continent in the world by miles. Stop your complaining and be appreciative.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 10:51]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Modern day London on 10:53 - Jun 11 with 1078 viewsHighjack

Is crime in London a new and modern thing then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Modern day London on 10:58 - Jun 11 with 1062 viewstrampie

Oh dear after moonie last reply when he had the opportunity to say why he left the force his next post increases suspicions of why he left ???.....hmm

Modern day London on 11:03 - Jun 11 with 1057 viewspikeypaul

So it is OK and acceptable now to acknowledge that the vast majority of these stabbing are done by blacks? Or is stating facts racist?
If the police numbers were doubled it would make zero difference in the number of stabbings when stop and search is being undermined by thick, racist scum like Diane Abbott.And yes Blacks can be racist.
And to think you have leftie rsoles on this site willing for her to be running the country,it's simply unbelievable.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 11:08]

Modern day London on 11:06 - Jun 11 with 1051 viewspencoedjack

Modern day London on 10:09 - Jun 11 by pikeypaul

Yes the country is indeed in trouble due to 25 years of insane PC driven by the loony left.

A zero tolerance crack down needs to happen but never will due to the leftie do gooders who think the criminal needs support more than the victim.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 10:12]

Spot on
Modern day London on 11:09 - Jun 11 with 1042 viewsmoonie

Don't agree badlands

Jamaicans can be the most racist ...to Africans .

Clear caste system endemic in India .

Still.

And no, rich ,privileged people and those not in poverty commit crime . In fact ,I can recall several who s collars I felt were arrested in their offices whist at work .

Crime is greed and often nowt to do with poverty.

Majority of " poor" people do not commit crime
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024