Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lagoon officially binned 18:09 - Jun 25 with 13823 viewsJonathans_coat

Well there’s another kick in the nads for Swansea. Another broken manifesto promise. Just waiting for them to pull out of the “city deal” now. They’ll announce the cull of the firstborn next week, just after the plague of locusts they’ve got planned!

By the way, waiting until the day of the Heathrow 3rd runway debate, to try to bury it under “bigger news” is so brazen it’s f*****g disgraceful. Shows exactly what they think of us.
Lagoon officially binned on 18:14 - Jun 25 with 6498 viewsJackfath

I wonder if we will get anything else instead?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lagoon officially binned on 18:16 - Jun 25 with 6509 viewsJoshTheJack

Lagoon officially binned on 18:14 - Jun 25 by Jackfath

We've got Wales's first inflatable theme park.
Lagoon officially binned on 18:25 - Jun 25 with 6467 viewsWingstandwood

I suspect we could be about to hear a "good-news-story" of magnitude never heard since the Leisure Centre opening all those decades back in 1977 i.e. some new doggie litter bins for Victoria Park!

Argus!

Lagoon officially binned on 18:29 - Jun 25 with 6457 viewsraynor94

Thank god for that, let them go and blight somebody else's bay

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lagoon officially binned on 18:32 - Jun 25 with 6427 viewsJackfath

Lagoon officially binned on 18:29 - Jun 25 by raynor94

Thank god for that, let them go and blight somebody else's bay

Whilst I understand your sentiment, surely we are not making the most of it and could develop it into something better than it is now?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lagoon officially binned on 18:37 - Jun 25 with 6418 viewsJackofdreambeach

Lagoon officially binned on 18:25 - Jun 25 by Wingstandwood

I suspect we could be about to hear a "good-news-story" of magnitude never heard since the Leisure Centre opening all those decades back in 1977 i.e. some new doggie litter bins for Victoria Park!

Perhaps we should be grateful we had an extra carriage on the Mumbles land train in June 2016.
Lagoon officially binned on 18:38 - Jun 25 with 6416 viewslonglostjack

Lagoon officially binned on 18:32 - Jun 25 by Jackfath

Whilst I understand your sentiment, surely we are not making the most of it and could develop it into something better than it is now?

Introduce a few sharks for the tourists maybe? On second thoughts they've done that at the Liberty already.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Lagoon officially binned on 18:47 - Jun 25 with 6368 viewsCaptain_Sham

Jenkins strikes again.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Lagoon officially binned on 19:01 - Jun 25 with 6326 viewsLeonWasGod

Three points:

1) It’s the right decision if the company were trying it on (and apparently they were).

2) There should have been an option to go back and tell them (or someone else) to revise their business model.

3) We need to find a way of using tidal energy, be it current turbines, lagoons, whater. We’ve some great expertise in the UK but poor government policies mean we’re in danger of losing it - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jun/19/huge-mistake-britain-throwin
Lagoon officially binned on 19:11 - Jun 25 with 6307 viewspikeypaul

The Conservatives know they will never benefit from investing down here with the way the voters blindly tick the Labour box year in year out regardless of policy or past performance and when asked why the only answer they have is my grand father did.

The years of utter hatred in these parts for the Conservatives is being shoved down our throats by them and who can blame them.

Very funny watching Carolyn Harris on the news complaing of the lack of commitment to West Wales from the Westminster Tories after the way Welsh Labour made the disgraceful decision to place the Major Trauma Centre in Cardiff,fecking hypocrite.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 19:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Lagoon officially binned on 19:17 - Jun 25 with 6279 viewsJack59

Lagoon officially binned on 18:32 - Jun 25 by Jackfath

I think the lagoon should have been planned much bigger and situated from West Cross to the Mumbles Pier, creating a new permanent beach area where the water's edge would hardly move, instead of it disappearing out of sight as it does now.
It would certainly have been worth millions in Tourism with water sports as well.
it would not have attracted much at the old Docks end of the bay.
Lagoon officially binned on 19:28 - Jun 25 with 6250 viewsWingstandwood

Lagoon officially binned on 19:11 - Jun 25 by pikeypaul

The Conservatives know they will never benefit from investing down here with the way the voters blindly tick the Labour box year in year out regardless of policy or past performance and when asked why the only answer they have is my grand father did.

The years of utter hatred in these parts for the Conservatives is being shoved down our throats by them and who can blame them.

Very funny watching Carolyn Harris on the news complaing of the lack of commitment to West Wales from the Westminster Tories after the way Welsh Labour made the disgraceful decision to place the Major Trauma Centre in Cardiff,fecking hypocrite.

This part of the world truly has the worst bunch of tribalistic donkey voters! Too thick to ever punish Labour and way too stupid to vote tactically.

Yes indeed if this part of the world had a fair percentage of marginals you'd see far better commitment to us all i.e. the parties are then forced to please this region whether they like it or not.

Basically tribal Labour loyalty has an end result whereupon the population is relentlessly treated with contempt and forever ignored. The Tories ignore us out of spite and Labour does the same because it realises it can get away with absolute murder! Punishment never occurs at the ballot box. Oh, and Labour donkey voters will always blame the Tories for guilty Labour policies/incompetence and appalling Cardiff bias anyhow.

Argus!

Lagoon officially binned on 19:44 - Jun 25 with 6195 viewsbyron

Possibly league 1 football🤪😂

Benny

Lagoon officially binned on 19:49 - Jun 25 with 6187 viewsN_T_J

I blame the Americans and Leigh Dineen
Lagoon officially binned on 20:03 - Jun 25 with 6148 viewssherpajacob

Lagoon officially binned on 19:11 - Jun 25 by pikeypaul

There you go people of Swansea, it's your own fault for not voting Tory.

Do people hate the tories because they screw us over, or do they screw us over because we hate them?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Lagoon officially binned on 20:16 - Jun 25 with 6115 viewsymaohyd

A few points:

Personally I believe the lagoon would have given a massive boost to the area, from little acorns etc the area would have benefitted on a massive scale with a positive knock on effect in many ways.

Putting the above to one side however, listening to some odious Tory on the news earlier (Alain Cairns I think) breaking the figures down to £50 bill for the lagoon (or group of lagoons) and £20 bill for a nuclear plant with the same energy output. If these figures are a true reflection them there doesn't seem to be any argument.

Why oh why then has it taken years of debate, cost on a huge scale of feasibility studies to come to what is a fairly obvious conclusions and surely could have been wrapped up years ago.

According to Cairns the Welsh Gov didn't even argue today with the decision!!!! Why the fu *k then were they willing to offer a £200 mill sweetener to try and ensure it was given the green light!

As dodgy politics has won the day and as ever Swansea has missed out. Very , very sad.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Lagoon officially binned on 20:16 - Jun 25 with 6111 viewspikeypaul

Lagoon officially binned on 20:03 - Jun 25 by sherpajacob

There you go people of Swansea, it's your own fault for not voting Tory.

Do people hate the tories because they screw us over, or do they screw us over because we hate them?

No one has said that and you know it,it's the blind donkey voting from the last 70 years that has done it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Lagoon officially binned on 20:17 - Jun 25 with 6103 viewspikeypaul

Lagoon officially binned on 19:28 - Jun 25 by Wingstandwood

This part of the world truly has the worst bunch of tribalistic donkey voters! Too thick to ever punish Labour and way too stupid to vote tactically.

Yes indeed if this part of the world had a fair percentage of marginals you'd see far better commitment to us all i.e. the parties are then forced to please this region whether they like it or not.

Basically tribal Labour loyalty has an end result whereupon the population is relentlessly treated with contempt and forever ignored. The Tories ignore us out of spite and Labour does the same because it realises it can get away with absolute murder! Punishment never occurs at the ballot box. Oh, and Labour donkey voters will always blame the Tories for guilty Labour policies/incompetence and appalling Cardiff bias anyhow.

Probably the best post on this forum for some time.

Lagoon officially binned on 20:47 - Jun 25 with 6024 viewsjack247

Lagoon officially binned on 19:44 - Jun 25 by byron

Possibly league 1 football🤪😂

This could have been a massive, much needed boost to the region.

Take the piss out of our football team if you need to, that’s rivalry and it’s part of football. Keep your silly little jibes out of matters that don’t concern you though.

Cheers
Lagoon officially binned on 21:17 - Jun 25 with 5944 viewsScotia

Genuinely fantastic news. Our glorious, geographically authentic bay, will stay glorious. Get out and enjoy it in this weather.

The scheme was a fraud from the start, I feel sorry for the people who've lost their jobs working for this joke of a company and the people they fooled with their bullshit PR which was lie, after lie, after lie.
Lagoon officially binned on 21:20 - Jun 25 with 5936 viewslifelong

I’m not sure this is such a bad thing, it seems to me it was an experimental gamble, if it had paid off there were obvious benefits and other regions would have gone ahead with it on a larger scale.

Had it not paid off we could have been left with an expensive white elephant which could have caused more harm than good.

We would have been used as an experimental guinea pig.
Lagoon officially binned on 21:22 - Jun 25 with 5928 viewsdickythorpe

It looked shít.
Lagoon officially binned on 21:39 - Jun 25 with 5872 viewscontroversial_jack

Lagoon officially binned on 21:22 - Jun 25 by dickythorpe

It looked shít.

My understanding is, this is a decision made in Westminster. Still we have our country back now, so everything will be ok.
Lagoon officially binned on 21:42 - Jun 25 with 5860 viewsjack247

Lagoon officially binned on 21:17 - Jun 25 by Scotia

Genuinely fantastic news. Our glorious, geographically authentic bay, will stay glorious. Get out and enjoy it in this weather.

The scheme was a fraud from the start, I feel sorry for the people who've lost their jobs working for this joke of a company and the people they fooled with their bullshit PR which was lie, after lie, after lie.

With all the choice of beaches we’ve got around here, would anyone genuinely get out and enjoy the docks?

It quite likely is the best decision for the UK as a whole, I don’t think it is for Swansea though
Lagoon officially binned on 21:46 - Jun 25 with 5849 viewsJonathans_coat

What worries me isn’t the loss of the lagoon project per se, but the probable loss of other projects and developments that this would have led to or would have been complimented by.

If we liken Swansea’s economic future as a whole to a stool, supported by 1. Rail electrification, 2. The tidal lagoon, and 3. The city region deal, then after having two legs metaphorically kicked away, the future is looking decidedly less “strong and stable”.

I wouldn’t be surprised now if the whole city centre development collapses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024