Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? 21:20 - Jul 28 with 22312 viewsSwansea93

I appreciate the attempts last season of certain groups trying to start some chants and protests, and I'm not jumping the gun and being negative here, but since Huw said he'd step down if we were relegated and he's still here is abit of joke, he's hired Potter and hasn't given him any backing in the market as of yet and is clearly calling the shots still. When are we all actually going to get Jenkins out because I don't think we can 'rebuild' with him still here, how many fans are actually going to forgive him for the sh!te he's caused the last few years? With Andre Ayew leaving on loan is a prime example of how Huw has run the club the past few years, big money signings on big wages leaving for next to nothing. Yes we all appreciate what he and others did for the club all them years ago, but we've moved on since that and we're talking about now & the future which he has shat on.

Eder, Tabanou, Borja, Ayew, Bony, Clucas, Ngog, Mesa to name a few of his signings that have all cost a club of our size a fortune,not to mention the questionable decisions he's made e.g not bringing Allen back when he had the chance, handing out long contracts to squad players who weren't playing in the first team. He stated we'd learn from mistakes which they clearly havent it's the same old story every time, we start the season in 7 days and we have signed 1 player officially for the '1st team' and if we start off bad Potter is going to get the blame for this whilst Huw is tucked up in his directors box getting away with all the sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 21:50 - Jul 28 with 4969 viewsWingstandwood

I expect more of the same 'IF' things go from bad to worse? I'd expect to see Potter being 'strategically' sacked fall-guy style/blame deflection style at the vital season ticket renewal period sometime in December.

I can also expect to see more phony PR-bluff and subterfuge with hints about Jenkins stepping down yet again. He won't because he has shown lack of guilt, conscience, morals, respect and thus should have gone ages back but obviously plans to cling on no matter what.

To prevent protests, boycotts, mass dissent expect to read a load of upcoming PR-cr@p from club sell-out propagandist(s) and apologist(s) on the sellouts pay-roll in the SWEP e.g. Lee Trundle etc using yet more emotional blackmail, bluff and flattery to win the supporters over.

Expect a load of appeals for patience, calm and understating telling us all how fantastic the Jack Army is, how vital it is, and how dissident protest and revolt will harm performances on the pitch. IF things go wrong It'll be more of the same from the same bunch of bullsh1tters!

Argus!

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:20 - Jul 28 with 4894 viewspencoedjack

If Potter is not given funds anyone who blames him is an idiot.

Unfortunately I think Jenkins is going nowhere
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:22 - Jul 28 with 4886 viewsomarjack

Huw Jenkins is our Kim Jong-il. Chairman forever. Even after kicking the bucket.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:35 - Jul 28 with 4864 viewsjacksfullaces

there is something dictatorial about it all now.

he can't let go of the club.

he is despised by many.

he might have 1-2 goon lieutenants but not on the Kim jong scale so it is strange he is keen to ignore all criticism and carry on regardless.

one would think he'd want a quiet life.

bottom line he has sold us down the river, even if he makes a couple of short term coups, his legacy is forever tarnished.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:43 - Jul 28 with 4834 viewsParsSwans

Not enough proper vocal people to oust him unfortunately I actually think a poor start which is looking more likely now by the day will really see the heat turned up on him I hope he gets it full on from us fans now it’s a joke and so are the yanks.

Tune for the new season “from jack to a king then sold out to yaaaanks, your ripping the fans off to feed your f&*king banks” to the tune of get out of our club.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:44 - Jul 28 with 4832 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If we keep paying him £600K to fcuk things up he probably thinks it's all going very well.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:44 - Jul 28 with 4826 viewsWingstandwood

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:20 - Jul 28 by pencoedjack

So far its transfer activity wise Deja-vu of last season!

I would not be surprised if it ends up very underwhelming because Dineen said on that travesty of a Swansea Sound interview that behind the scenes/off the field employment was No1 priority and that came before the first team.... And he stated it was the first team that would fall victim and bear the brunt of cuts!

So priority No1 is the gravy train ride/money trough continuance at SCFC, I guess? It's protectionism for the vested interests of the pocket stuffing crew Jenkins, Dineen, Jase, Steve, Pearlman, hangers-on and other cronies etc...It's wise to be ominous IMO.

Argus!

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 03:09 - Jul 29 with 4646 viewsLoyal

Actually, and as everyone knows it's not the right time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 04:07 - Jul 29 with 4614 viewsE20Jack

''We'' won't be getting him out of the club.

He will leave when it is for the best. It's all well and good naming all bad signings but he has also made great signings and we would not have been in the PL without his decision making. Every single club in the land makes signings that don't work out. why should we be any different?

You also say he cost a club like ours a fortune, yet over the 7 years we managed to be in the Premier League, a very quick calculation says it cost us 15m in terms of direct transfer fees ins and out. 2m a season was the net cost on transfers in order to stay there for nearly a decade.

That record must be among the best in the Premier League.

Football is cyclical, we had no right to expect to be one of the elite in the country, immune from relegation. The fact we stayed there for so long was an absolutely incredible achievement. We had a very tight knit core, as soon as they got old we started to struggle and lose our way, it was only natural.

His conduct over the sale left an awful lot to be desired, but let's not pretend he has not done a good job as chairman on football matters, because that would just be absurd.

this won't be popular I am sure, but when has that ever bothered me - deep down you know its the truth.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 4:08]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 05:42 - Jul 29 with 4589 viewstylagarwjack

He did a far better job when he just selected managers who would play the way that best suited our playing staff, which brought great continuity as well as avoiding the costly business of overhauling the playing staff each time a new manager came in.

Once he decided to take control of player recruitment and away from the manager (post laudrup) then that is when the decline set in, and it was only the performances of key individuals, Williams, Gylfi, Llorente that meant we stayed up as long as we did.

He was defacto director of football (playing real life football manager) role he was not remotely qualified to perform, and our long list of bad signings (most expensive ones below) post Laudrup is clear evidence of this:-

Bony (2nd time) - hadn’t played for two years, not playing for Man City is one thing, not getting a game for Stoke is another thing entirely, there was a huge clue there! Ok Llorente had to go as he had a year left and wasn’t going to sign another contract but to replace him with Bony, awful decision and one that was foreseeable, not just with hindsight!

Clucas - not a bad player but we over paid and we signed him when we were crying out for a number 10, madness!

Baston - our system was based on a target man (lone striker) and so we spend £15m on a player who just by looking at him clearly can’t perform that role!

Andre Ayew (2nd time) - we did good business selling a player that we never really knew how to use properly first time round and then largely negated that by giving West Ham almost alll their money back for a player who was 18 months older and who hadn’t hit the same heights since leaving us! This was obviously a desperate signing as our position in the table clearly limited our options in terms of who would sign for us in January.

It’s not all his fault of course, no doubt the extremely painful process of selling Gylfi and wasting valuable time by delaying a transfer that was always going to happen for the sake of a few million was no doubt down to Levien/Kaplan, as was the appointment of Brad Bobley, with the predictably farcical results.

I’ve always thought, leave football matters to the footballing professionals, the minute Jenkins thought he knew better was the start of our decline.

The fact that control has been given back to Potter is a start, but he has got one hell of a job on his hands, and the fact that it’s taken until a week before the season starts to get rid of enough of the higher earners to allow new players to come in (and who knows, we still may not be finished with the departures, J Ayew, Mawson likely to go) is seriously going to make Potter’s job even harder as we now have only 11 days or so to bring in permanent signings, and he then has to try and bed in what he can bring in when the season has started.

On the subject of Bony, unfortunately I think we are stuck with him until January, he obviously wouldn’t pass a medical at the moment. As his wages were rumoured to be the highest of any player at the club I just hope there is a relegation clause in his contract.

So, a huge mess, and one that Jenkins has played a big role in creating, and so, despite the fact that he had some credit in the bank from up until the end of the Laudrup era, he should go.

He should go anyway purely because of his conduct during the sale of the club to venture capitalists, but add in the mess he has created then it should be a slam dunk but somehow he clings on.

While the Americans are in charge, I don’t think we will ever have a united club, but, the Americans could improve their image amongst the fans by removing Jenkins and Dineen from their roles (and ideally removing their director privileges, but would obviously have to buy their remaining shares to do that so not going to happen).

The fact that the Jenkins and Dineen still have their noses in the trough and are still benefiting financially from the club (while not doing a very good job) having made a huge profit on the sale of their shares is antagonistic to some fans, and if we start the season badly (and with the squad at the moment that is very possible) then the atmosphere in the stadium could get very toxic, which helps no one, least of all Potter and the players.

All round it’s better for everyone if they just go, but unfortunately, just can’t see it happening.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 05:46 - Jul 29 with 4587 viewssnork44

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 03:09 - Jul 29 by Loyal

Actually, and as everyone knows it's not the right time.

As I said before as a person who chooses a manager there is no one better than Jenkins, on the whole they have been successful , it's just they have not had the backing (I'm not including Bobbly, as Statler and Waldorf from across the pond chose that clown!!) ,but when it comes to players the guy is an absolute tool! Please name me the successful players he picked as our so called Director of football ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 06:39 - Jul 29 with 4536 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 05:46 - Jul 29 by snork44

As I said before as a person who chooses a manager there is no one better than Jenkins, on the whole they have been successful , it's just they have not had the backing (I'm not including Bobbly, as Statler and Waldorf from across the pond chose that clown!!) ,but when it comes to players the guy is an absolute tool! Please name me the successful players he picked as our so called Director of football ?

Well he sourced and sanctioned them all, whether that be through external agents/managers appointed and used their contacts or otherwise.

It is easy to attribute every bad one to him and every good one elsewhere, but that is clearly shoehorned to fit a narrative. Nobody knows his exact input in any of these signings.

Judge the transfer business as a whole is the most sensible approach. With that the 7 years has been remarkable in the PL, and the years before that arguably even more remarkable.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 6:44]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 07:41 - Jul 29 with 4492 viewsHighjack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 04:07 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

''We'' won't be getting him out of the club.

He will leave when it is for the best. It's all well and good naming all bad signings but he has also made great signings and we would not have been in the PL without his decision making. Every single club in the land makes signings that don't work out. why should we be any different?

You also say he cost a club like ours a fortune, yet over the 7 years we managed to be in the Premier League, a very quick calculation says it cost us 15m in terms of direct transfer fees ins and out. 2m a season was the net cost on transfers in order to stay there for nearly a decade.

That record must be among the best in the Premier League.

Football is cyclical, we had no right to expect to be one of the elite in the country, immune from relegation. The fact we stayed there for so long was an absolutely incredible achievement. We had a very tight knit core, as soon as they got old we started to struggle and lose our way, it was only natural.

His conduct over the sale left an awful lot to be desired, but let's not pretend he has not done a good job as chairman on football matters, because that would just be absurd.

this won't be popular I am sure, but when has that ever bothered me - deep down you know its the truth.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 4:08]

It may only be 2 mill a season on transfer fees but how much has he spunked away on obscene wages for players that didn’t play, manager compensation and his own salary?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 08:21 - Jul 29 with 4428 viewsclloy2

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 07:41 - Jul 29 by Highjack

It may only be 2 mill a season on transfer fees but how much has he spunked away on obscene wages for players that didn’t play, manager compensation and his own salary?

Lets be realistic, since the takeover in his adopted role as DOF his performance has been quite shocking. In terms of the takeover, he seems to get the lions share of the blame, which is unfair because in my opinion he was only the figurehead in the wider SELL OUT regime and I would guess the direction of travel were coming from elsewhere.
To answer the OP question when is he likely to go. That will be when it suits K&L. For someone on 600k a year who performed so badly to still be here begs the question, how much worse does he need to do to get the push. I believe K&L who have no knowledge or interest in football are quite happy to keep him year, as the obvious fall guy and public enemy No1, as that just keeps most of the criticism on these shores instead of being directed across the pond. With HJ gone, who takes the flack from the fans, particularly if they already know things are only going to get worse.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 08:23 - Jul 29 with 4420 viewsawayjack

When the club has no money left to pay him.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 08:24 - Jul 29 with 4419 viewssg1912

He won't be going anywhere until the club can no longer subsidise his and his families lifestyles.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 08:34 - Jul 29 with 4394 viewscostalotta

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 22:20 - Jul 28 by pencoedjack

Yeah, I’d agree with that.

His record speaks for itself but the only doubt is the leagues are not really comparable. This is a big jump for him, a huge challenge and he will need time, just how much time will depend on direction the clubs goes in. IMO his appointment is also a massive gamble, much bigger than RM who’s started off the footballing culture we are trying return to. RM had the luxury of much lower expectations and being a division lower and a decent squad that had been stagnating and not in free fall.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 08:45 - Jul 29 with 4366 viewsJinxy

I like to think he feels considerable guilt for taking his eye off the ball when negotiating the sale - we had an awful transfer window if I recall. That, coupled with some knee jerk firings & hirings, various sticking plasters etc. culminated in relegation.

Personally, I think GP's appointment recognised errors of the recent past and once we show signs of improvement, he'll walk. I think in some belated sense he's trying to fix it before he steps down. As well as the well publicised bad things, we're in a much better position as a club now than before he/they became involved. The question is, however, would we rather owners that have absolutely no affinity or history with Swansea 100% at the helm? Not sure.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:09 - Jul 29 with 4304 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 06:39 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Well he sourced and sanctioned them all, whether that be through external agents/managers appointed and used their contacts or otherwise.

It is easy to attribute every bad one to him and every good one elsewhere, but that is clearly shoehorned to fit a narrative. Nobody knows his exact input in any of these signings.

Judge the transfer business as a whole is the most sensible approach. With that the 7 years has been remarkable in the PL, and the years before that arguably even more remarkable.

What about his own statement just over 6 months ago that relegation would make his position untenable?

He doesn't have to wait until he's sacked - he could work with the Yanks to find a suitable replacement and then disappear into the Marbella sunset but it's probably a lot easier to keep trousering the 50k a month.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:09 - Jul 29 with 4303 viewsjack247

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 06:39 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

If you judge him over the last 7 years, or even before that, then yes, he has done a phenomenal job. If you judge him over the last 2 or 3, he has been a complete catastrophe. Most football cliches are just sound bites’ ‘you’re only as good as your last game’ is one of the few with a bit of meaning.

The only reason for keeping him, is his paymasters are so incompetent, they don’t trust themselves to find a better replacement.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:10 - Jul 29 with 4293 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 07:41 - Jul 29 by Highjack

No idea. Probably not much more than other clubs that have been there for almost a decade.

Manager compensations were the correct course of action. Each one was the correct decision and did the firefighting job required and yet each one had to be replaced when they did in order for us to get the desperate push we needed each year. I obviously discount Bob Bradley in all that who I am pretty sure was almost a condition of the sale.

His salary as far as I can tell was in line with other equivelant positions at that level. It has been a remarkable era in the history of our football club, something most teams outside the top 7/8 in the whole country would snap your hands off for... let alone a club our size.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:12]

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:24 - Jul 29 with 4254 viewsawayjack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:09 - Jul 29 by MattG

What about his own statement just over 6 months ago that relegation would make his position untenable?

He doesn't have to wait until he's sacked - he could work with the Yanks to find a suitable replacement and then disappear into the Marbella sunset but it's probably a lot easier to keep trousering the 50k a month.

Yet another lie. No honour or dignity only greed.
When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:26 - Jul 29 with 4244 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:09 - Jul 29 by jack247

If you judge him over the last 7 years, or even before that, then yes, he has done a phenomenal job. If you judge him over the last 2 or 3, he has been a complete catastrophe. Most football cliches are just sound bites’ ‘you’re only as good as your last game’ is one of the few with a bit of meaning.

The only reason for keeping him, is his paymasters are so incompetent, they don’t trust themselves to find a better replacement.

But I think it is unfair to do that as it isn’t in context. The job got harder - as it obviously would, history suggests that. The longer you say there the harder it is to remain competitive, costs explode. When you add our very limited income outside of the TV money added plus the spine of our team needing replacing then failure is eventually inevitable. This is why only the top 6/7 would have stayed at that level longer than us should we have stayed up at Southampton’s expense.

The blot on his copybook (and a signifficant one) is the takeover. If he hadn’t conducted the takeover in the way he did then the questions regarding his ability would be looked at a lot more realistically than shoehorning facts and looking at results between pre selected dates to give a pre determined outcome, without any context.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:31 - Jul 29 with 4226 viewsE20Jack

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:24 - Jul 29 by awayjack

Yet another lie. No honour or dignity only greed.

He didn’t say that.

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:37 - Jul 29 with 4216 viewsMattG

When will we actually get Huw Jenkins out of the club? on 09:26 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

But I think it is unfair to do that as it isn’t in context. The job got harder - as it obviously would, history suggests that. The longer you say there the harder it is to remain competitive, costs explode. When you add our very limited income outside of the TV money added plus the spine of our team needing replacing then failure is eventually inevitable. This is why only the top 6/7 would have stayed at that level longer than us should we have stayed up at Southampton’s expense.

The blot on his copybook (and a signifficant one) is the takeover. If he hadn’t conducted the takeover in the way he did then the questions regarding his ability would be looked at a lot more realistically than shoehorning facts and looking at results between pre selected dates to give a pre determined outcome, without any context.

I don't disagree that the job got harder but what Jenkins has seemingly failed to do was learn any useful lessons during those 7 years.

We succeeded initially because we did things differently. As soon as Laudrup and Tutumlu were off the scene, we started doing things the same as most other clubs and ended up playing a generic, pragmatic style because of the revolving door on the Manager's office.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024