Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The results are in... 10:46 - Jul 31 with 5821 viewsJackfath

Election Ballot Results
The closing date for the return of ballot papers in the Election to the Trust Board was on Friday 27th July 2018. The result of the ballot is as follows.
710 Ballot Papers were returned, 4 were spoiled and the total votes cast were:
Phil Sumbler 532 votes
Andrew Mcglashan 521 votes
Tim Bull 508 votes
Rupert Thomas 463 votes
Viv Brooks 441 votes

Andrew Cude 431 votes
Barbara Cook 405 votes*
Dave Dalton 405 votes*
Roger Goodwin 377 votes
* position decided by a drawing of lots
As a result the first five named candidates are elected to serve on the Trust Board from 1 August 2018 for a period of two years. The next two named candidates will serve on the Trust Board from 1 August 2018 for one year.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The results are in... on 16:35 - Jul 31 with 1987 viewsPhil_S

The results are in... on 15:56 - Jul 31 by UplandsJack

Good call... Time for change is needed and that time is now....

Free membership is a long standing discussion of the past (or certainly raised its head several times during my previous tenure on the board)

Each membership comes at a cost to the Trust. Is it right that monies should be used from the share fund to pay for that cost (even if it is just one ballot paper a year then it is a cost)

There is an argument that says £10 is too much but I think in the spirit of transparency it is worth looking at what the £10 can go towards. I mean if the majority want to follow legal action then the bigger the fighting fund the better so is £10 too much to pay? Similarly, some of the arguments of the past were by people saying that £10 should be paid to have an input or you risk "rogue" voting at times (as an example how do you define a Swansea City fan if you are giving free membership?)

Another one of those that I wouldn't rule out completely but free membership isn't as simple as just that (I would hate to see £20k pa wiped out of the Trust funds at a time when you would argue that we need it the most?)

Now if we were to get to a stage where we had a £10m/£20m fighting fund then free membership should at that point become a complete given. Or even if the funds raised from the annual raffle covered costs.

I think in short what I am saying is that the Trust should not lose money on membership
The results are in... on 16:36 - Jul 31 with 1983 viewsPhil_S

The results are in... on 15:20 - Jul 31 by Darran

Heartiest congratulations to Andrew and Philip.

Mr Sumbler for Chairman.

I would say a congratulations to all those who were successful in the election which was one of the closest I think I have seen
The results are in... on 16:45 - Jul 31 with 1957 viewsShaky

The results are in... on 16:35 - Jul 31 by Phil_S

Free membership is a long standing discussion of the past (or certainly raised its head several times during my previous tenure on the board)

Each membership comes at a cost to the Trust. Is it right that monies should be used from the share fund to pay for that cost (even if it is just one ballot paper a year then it is a cost)

There is an argument that says £10 is too much but I think in the spirit of transparency it is worth looking at what the £10 can go towards. I mean if the majority want to follow legal action then the bigger the fighting fund the better so is £10 too much to pay? Similarly, some of the arguments of the past were by people saying that £10 should be paid to have an input or you risk "rogue" voting at times (as an example how do you define a Swansea City fan if you are giving free membership?)

Another one of those that I wouldn't rule out completely but free membership isn't as simple as just that (I would hate to see £20k pa wiped out of the Trust funds at a time when you would argue that we need it the most?)

Now if we were to get to a stage where we had a £10m/£20m fighting fund then free membership should at that point become a complete given. Or even if the funds raised from the annual raffle covered costs.

I think in short what I am saying is that the Trust should not lose money on membership

Spoken like an accountant.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The results are in... on 17:01 - Jul 31 with 1927 viewsDarran

The results are in... on 16:36 - Jul 31 by Phil_S

I would say a congratulations to all those who were successful in the election which was one of the closest I think I have seen

Absolutely but I only mentioned you two because I love you very much.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The results are in... on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1913 viewsBillyChong

Well done all.

Which members are now outgoing?

As someone else mentioned above the moment I see the trust throwing their weight around a bit more I’ll rejoin. The whole influencing the vote thing the first time round still sticks in my throat a little. But good on you all and all the best at a crucial time for the club and fans.
The results are in... on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1911 viewsJackfath

The results are in... on 16:35 - Jul 31 by Phil_S

Do the fan-base need educating on the role of the Trust? I think a few home matches with flyers being given out to all fans around the stadium would go a long way to increasing the membership. It would need to be worded carefully, in simple terms outlining why the Trust need numbers. What a strong trust membership means etc etc. Make it easy for people to signup. I'm sure this has been debated before, but with the new board, surely at the start of this season in a new league is a prime time to get things moving in the right direction.

I'd be happy to help give out these on a Saturday afternoon if it were needed at some point, as I am sure would a few more from here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The results are in... on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 1862 viewsDewi1jack

The results are in... on 17:10 - Jul 31 by Jackfath

Do the fan-base need educating on the role of the Trust? I think a few home matches with flyers being given out to all fans around the stadium would go a long way to increasing the membership. It would need to be worded carefully, in simple terms outlining why the Trust need numbers. What a strong trust membership means etc etc. Make it easy for people to signup. I'm sure this has been debated before, but with the new board, surely at the start of this season in a new league is a prime time to get things moving in the right direction.

I'd be happy to help give out these on a Saturday afternoon if it were needed at some point, as I am sure would a few more from here.

As I've said before I'm more than willing to hand out flyers n membership forms before a game.
We'll done to those elected.
Time to start fighting back against the club board.

Disappointed only 700 odd voted.
Only half voted on a course of action as well.
We'll done to all who could be arzed to use a bit of their ink, put their paper in a freepost envelope and take a few seconds to stop and post it.

To the lazy fukwits.
Why the f**k pay a tenner just to be apathetic?

Then probably whine on here about the outcome.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The results are in... on 20:17 - Jul 31 with 1769 viewsPhil_S

The results are in... on 16:45 - Jul 31 by Shaky

Spoken like an accountant.

Thank you
Login to get fewer ads

The results are in... on 20:19 - Jul 31 with 1763 viewsPhil_S

The results are in... on 17:10 - Jul 31 by Jackfath

A membership drive is essential somehow - would a leaflet campaign work? Yes I suspect it would to an extent but the Trust needs to be seen as strong before it can highlight the benefits of a strong Trust

Communication is absolutely key and some good strides have been made over the last six months but I dont think anyone is pretending there isn't much more to be done

For example regular online Q&A sessions with the Supporter Director and/or Chairman would make a good impact too

So much can be done and your offer of help is definitely noted
The results are in... on 20:24 - Jul 31 with 1745 viewsplasjack

The results are in... on 20:19 - Jul 31 by Phil_S

A membership drive is essential somehow - would a leaflet campaign work? Yes I suspect it would to an extent but the Trust needs to be seen as strong before it can highlight the benefits of a strong Trust

Communication is absolutely key and some good strides have been made over the last six months but I dont think anyone is pretending there isn't much more to be done

For example regular online Q&A sessions with the Supporter Director and/or Chairman would make a good impact too

So much can be done and your offer of help is definitely noted

If you are a true supporter a tenner is the basic that we should support our trust, I suspect a lot of our supporters could afford more.
The results are in... on 21:10 - Jul 31 with 1669 viewspikeypaul

Good luck to all elected.

I just hope a new brush sweeps clean and we are rid of the cowardly fecks that bent down and took it up the arse from the sellouts when legal action should have been taken.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The results are in... on 05:57 - Aug 1 with 1527 viewsE20Jack

The results are in... on 20:24 - Jul 31 by plasjack

If you are a true supporter a tenner is the basic that we should support our trust, I suspect a lot of our supporters could afford more.

That is just not true Plasjack.

It depends what the Trust are doing for a start, if they are damaging the club like last time, then the smaller their resources the better. To put your name and funding behind something so corrosive is the opposite of what we as fans should be doing. I can only hope things change and they are able to do what they should, I will absolutely join then and will make a further donation.

The one excuse I don't want to hear from here on in however, is ''time''. All those who have stood have surely now done so under the understanding the have enough free time to dedicate to the roles.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The results are in... on 08:59 - Aug 1 with 1441 viewscostalotta

Some comments on here about membership and not joining at this time but sometimes you just got to have a little faith. It’s only a tenner which in the great scheme of things is nothing for having a voice. It’s two beers FFS! . The last few years not been the best for the Trust but I’m personally thinking of this as a new start and wish the new board all the best and good luck wishes. It’s a clean slate as far as I’m concerned and they will be judged on what they do and achieve from now on and not what has gone previously.

Good luck guys and as I’ve already said, serve the best of interests of the club and fans and you’ll have done well.
The results are in... on 13:28 - Aug 1 with 1374 viewsPhil_S

The results are in... on 08:59 - Aug 1 by costalotta

Some comments on here about membership and not joining at this time but sometimes you just got to have a little faith. It’s only a tenner which in the great scheme of things is nothing for having a voice. It’s two beers FFS! . The last few years not been the best for the Trust but I’m personally thinking of this as a new start and wish the new board all the best and good luck wishes. It’s a clean slate as far as I’m concerned and they will be judged on what they do and achieve from now on and not what has gone previously.

Good luck guys and as I’ve already said, serve the best of interests of the club and fans and you’ll have done well.

I completely understand people's viewpoint in terms of why they wouldn't join. But for each of these people I totally agree with the points quoted above. It's a tenner and if you care enough about the concept then the way to afford and impact change is to become a member.

Especially when you factor in that any consultation process (whether you agree with the last one or not) will be done via members only (this protects the interests of the Trust and prevents outside interference on the results...) so for me the time is now to join the Trust.

You all read the members statements on here (and elsewhere) and understand the views of those voted in so for me it should be a case of back the board until they give reason not to at which point, as members, you are perfectly placed to be able to raise your concerns and place votes of no confidence if you believe that is the way to do it'. And of course vote at AGMs and any future member meetings

the post quoted is correct, the Trust I thnk does have some work to do to regain (pardon the pun) the trust of the fans but I would ask people to back that financially with membership first and foremost
The results are in... on 14:01 - Aug 1 with 1347 viewsShaky

The results are in... on 13:28 - Aug 1 by Phil_S

I completely understand people's viewpoint in terms of why they wouldn't join. But for each of these people I totally agree with the points quoted above. It's a tenner and if you care enough about the concept then the way to afford and impact change is to become a member.

Especially when you factor in that any consultation process (whether you agree with the last one or not) will be done via members only (this protects the interests of the Trust and prevents outside interference on the results...) so for me the time is now to join the Trust.

You all read the members statements on here (and elsewhere) and understand the views of those voted in so for me it should be a case of back the board until they give reason not to at which point, as members, you are perfectly placed to be able to raise your concerns and place votes of no confidence if you believe that is the way to do it'. And of course vote at AGMs and any future member meetings

the post quoted is correct, the Trust I thnk does have some work to do to regain (pardon the pun) the trust of the fans but I would ask people to back that financially with membership first and foremost

Season ticket holders are already paying significantly more than a tenner annually to support professional football in Swansea.

And if you are concerned by Trust election fiddling, by far the best solution is to expand the electorate to a point where the impact of any cheating is diluted by a significantly increased electorate.

Furthermore, the measure of the influence of Trust is the size of the membership, especially so if and when the Trust is able to offload its shareholding. If you have the backing of the fan base at large the club is forced to listen to you regardless of the ownership stake.

Finally interest rates are now rising; for every percent that yields £8 grand of interest income on the Trust's existing cash pile. The focus should in my mind undoubtedly be on maximising membership, not on penny pinching.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The results are in... on 15:24 - Aug 1 with 1301 viewspikeypaul

The results are in... on 14:01 - Aug 1 by Shaky

Season ticket holders are already paying significantly more than a tenner annually to support professional football in Swansea.

And if you are concerned by Trust election fiddling, by far the best solution is to expand the electorate to a point where the impact of any cheating is diluted by a significantly increased electorate.

Furthermore, the measure of the influence of Trust is the size of the membership, especially so if and when the Trust is able to offload its shareholding. If you have the backing of the fan base at large the club is forced to listen to you regardless of the ownership stake.

Finally interest rates are now rising; for every percent that yields £8 grand of interest income on the Trust's existing cash pile. The focus should in my mind undoubtedly be on maximising membership, not on penny pinching.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

“Interest rates are now rising”

You really are a clueless feckwit stick to trawling google and copy and pasting remoaner project fear articles.

The possible rise in August will be by 0.25% and that will be the 1st for 11 years, she talks like she expects full percentage point increases month after month.

Fecking clueless or what.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 15:27]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The results are in... on 15:52 - Aug 1 with 1278 viewsShaky

The results are in... on 15:24 - Aug 1 by pikeypaul

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

“Interest rates are now rising”

You really are a clueless feckwit stick to trawling google and copy and pasting remoaner project fear articles.

The possible rise in August will be by 0.25% and that will be the 1st for 11 years, she talks like she expects full percentage point increases month after month.

Fecking clueless or what.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 15:27]

OK then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41846330

Misology -- It's a bitch

The results are in... on 17:13 - Aug 1 with 1235 viewsajmcglashan

The results are in... on 13:28 - Aug 1 by Phil_S

I can only echo this - I understand why people may have become slightly disillusioned by the Trust in recent times but given the actions of the Trust over the past few months surely this is the time where everyone should band together and join. A consultation is very likely in the short term and we want as many fans as possible to be a part of this.
The results are in... on 15:34 - Aug 2 with 1116 viewsGlyn1

The results are in... on 13:48 - Jul 31 by Shaky

i think you should get behind Rupert's campaign platform of opening up free membership to fans, certainly all season ticket holders.

It is the right thing to do.

I completely disagree with that. People should show a bit of commitment by actively choosing to join the Trust rather than getting membership as a freebie that most wouldn't care about.

But, yes, congratulations to those elected, there are some interesting qualifications there. And commiserations to Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 15:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The results are in... on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 1088 viewsUxbridge

The results are in... on 15:34 - Aug 2 by Glyn1

I completely disagree with that. People should show a bit of commitment by actively choosing to join the Trust rather than getting membership as a freebie that most wouldn't care about.

But, yes, congratulations to those elected, there are some interesting qualifications there. And commiserations to Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 15:35]

This is pretty much where I am. The Trust really does need to significantly increase it's membership base and membership price could be part of that, but removing entirely isn't going to increase engagement.

Roger, and Dave in particular, can feel very unfortunate how the election went. Only 150 votes from top to bottom, and all candidates were voted for by over 50% of the voters. As both have been heavily involved with various activities (Dave with the website and social media and Roger initiated the Welsh Bac project), it'd be a damn shame to lose them.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024