Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew refusing to train 15:08 - Aug 7 with 25018 viewsHighjack

What an absolute prick.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ayew refusing to train on 23:18 - Aug 7 with 2954 viewsE20Jack

Ayew refusing to train on 23:09 - Aug 7 by LeonWasGod

And I’ve given you a reason, in my view, why there is apparent hypocrisy - Gylfi was a fan favourite over several years because he delivered. He earnt a lot more respect than Ayew and people didn’t begrudge him his bigger move. Ayew appears to be scrabbling to get out and is being linked with a club we saw as our inferior a year ago.

And we’ve still got to see if Ayew can sort out a move. If he can’t he’ll look an even bigger twât, as Potter inferred.

Yes but it’s irrelevant really. It is not about begrudging a move, deserving a move, or achievements previous.

It’s about attitude shown and contempt to the club.

We are either discussing his ability (he was our best outfield player last year by considerable distance) or we are discussing his action not to train. If it’s the latter then it must be looked at in isolation, just as it must be with Gylfi.

Anyone who lauds Gylfi and yet slates Ayew for doing the same thing really has no point whatsoever.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Ayew refusing to train on 23:26 - Aug 7 with 2934 viewsGaryjack

Ayew refusing to train on 23:18 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

He turned up, he's in some photos with kids at the family day. Just didn't train.

Not according to Clement. He stated he trained harder than most. I'll link it if you want.
Ayew refusing to train on 23:30 - Aug 7 with 2900 viewsDarran

Ayew refusing to train on 23:26 - Aug 7 by Garyjack

Not according to Clement. He stated he trained harder than most. I'll link it if you want.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-open-tra

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ayew refusing to train on 23:30 - Aug 7 with 2888 viewsE20Jack

Ayew refusing to train on 23:16 - Aug 7 by Garyjack

Nope. As i've already stated, he WAS going to Everton. And he DID go to Everton. They bid £40m and he knew he was on his way, rightfully so. We fvcked around to our detriment (not his problem), but he continued to train with our squad (If he'd got injured during those training sessions then surely the deal was off). Nothing hypocritical about it whatsoever. You do realise Ayew is refusing to turn up for training don't you?

Doesn’t matter if you stated it or not, doesn’t make it true.

Everton bid and we rejected it. He then refused to go on the pre season training and playing period in the States.

The fact he forced the move doesn’t mean it was justified. Fulham bid for Ayew, we rejected it, he has now refused to play or train, exactly the same. If he goes, does that mean it is justified and he acted perfectly fine? No.

Both are pr!cks that I wouldn’t want anywhere near the club.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 23:37]

Ayew refusing to train on 23:31 - Aug 7 with 2894 viewsjasper_T

Ayew refusing to train on 23:26 - Aug 7 by Garyjack

I'm on about Jordan.
Ayew refusing to train on 00:19 - Aug 8 with 2793 viewsLoyal

Ayew refusing to train on 23:31 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

I'm on about Jordan.

As I have always said, the shirt is on loan, we pay for their participation .
They mean nothing, they are nothing , th0ey are merely overpaid bits of skin one and all.
Jordan is clearly not wanted by any club including us.
This makes him a cnt.
Get a proper job you fcking parasite.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ayew refusing to train on 00:35 - Aug 8 with 2777 viewsLoyal

Ayew refusing to train on 22:26 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Yep, unprofessional attitude - get him out.

Odd the reaction to this yet Gylfi did the same and is still lauded.

Weird.

My view is consistent, get out.

(Edit - I see the Gylfi situation and hypocrisy already been mentioned. Well done all.)
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 22:28]

Both gylfi and llorente played the same tune. At the time I correctly called it and them as ...
Cnts !
Please people, understand they are nothing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ayew refusing to train on 00:41 - Aug 8 with 2762 viewsE20Jack

Ayew refusing to train on 00:35 - Aug 8 by Loyal

Both gylfi and llorente played the same tune. At the time I correctly called it and them as ...
Cnts !
Please people, understand they are nothing.

Most players are out for themselves, even our very own Leon Britton decided not to sign a new contract so he could leave us for nothing and increase his earning at what he deemed was a better club. That’s why I always laugh at the mercenary tag, footballers are mercenaries as are most of us in our every day lives.

I don’t have a problem with players moving.

As soon as they refuse to play or train is when I have an issue. Both Gylfi and Jordan Ayew have done this and both should be viewed with utter contempt, yet one is given a free pass as he’s good at free kicks.

It’s vomit inducing.

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew refusing to train on 01:19 - Aug 8 with 2721 viewsHighjack

Ayew refusing to train on 00:41 - Aug 8 by E20Jack

Most players are out for themselves, even our very own Leon Britton decided not to sign a new contract so he could leave us for nothing and increase his earning at what he deemed was a better club. That’s why I always laugh at the mercenary tag, footballers are mercenaries as are most of us in our every day lives.

As soon as they refuse to play or train is when I have an issue. Both Gylfi and Jordan Ayew have done this and both should be viewed with utter contempt, yet one is given a free pass as he’s good at free kicks.

It’s vomit inducing.

In fairness to LEON he did have a massive falling out with the manager.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ayew refusing to train on 01:47 - Aug 8 with 2692 viewsE20Jack

Ayew refusing to train on 01:19 - Aug 8 by Highjack

No need for a caveat HJ, he is perfectly within his rights to want the best for himself for whatever the reason. All players will, or at least 99% of them.

What he was however, was the consummate professional and never refused to play or train in order to force any bodies hand. That is never acceptable irrespective of whether they are good or not.

Ayew refusing to train on 06:32 - Aug 8 with 2563 viewsjack247

Ayew refusing to train on 00:41 - Aug 8 by E20Jack

It’s vomit inducing.

This I pretty much agree with you on. I get Gary’s point, not going abroad when you think a move is imminent isn’t quite the same as simply going AWOL from training sessions, but Ayew is just doing an extreme (and more petulant) version of what Gylfi did.

If anything, Gylfi did more to tarnish his reputation, because he was held in such high esteem here, though he did return to training straight after the tour. The context of Ayew not even bothering to train is worse, but something like this was almost expected from him if he didn’t get a move.
Ayew refusing to train on 07:33 - Aug 8 with 2495 viewsJacket

One difference for me is that Gylfi was bringing in a huge amount of money to the club through the transfer, and in reality something needed to be done to force the issue and bring an end to the saga that was left to drag and drag.
Ayew refusing to train on 08:46 - Aug 8 with 2344 viewsE20Jack

Ayew refusing to train on 06:32 - Aug 8 by jack247

This I pretty much agree with you on. I get Gary’s point, not going abroad when you think a move is imminent isn’t quite the same as simply going AWOL from training sessions, but Ayew is just doing an extreme (and more petulant) version of what Gylfi did.

If anything, Gylfi did more to tarnish his reputation, because he was held in such high esteem here, though he did return to training straight after the tour. The context of Ayew not even bothering to train is worse, but something like this was almost expected from him if he didn’t get a move.

Doesn't make a difference if he thought he would move anyway. It was our decision, not his. And at that point we had rejected the bid. He had a duty to continue to train with us and he refused. Its a 8 hour flight on a private jet and extreme comfort, hardly a trek up Mount Everest, If we decided to sell him and accepted a bid at 9am, he'd be able to be in Liverpool that day.

I refuse to excuse it or rationalise it, it was wholly unprofessional and would be ridiculous to slate one without recognising the other.

Ayew refusing to train on 09:04 - Aug 8 with 2290 viewsdcd14

He wasn’t at training as he and Fede both had a meeting with Huw apparently.
Ayew refusing to train on 09:05 - Aug 8 with 2279 viewsraynor94

It will be Fulham or Palace before the window closes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ayew refusing to train on 09:05 - Aug 8 with 2278 viewsLeonWasGod

Ayew refusing to train on 09:04 - Aug 8 by dcd14

He wasn’t at training as he and Fede both had a meeting with Huw apparently.

Fede was at training though
Ayew refusing to train on 09:32 - Aug 8 with 2186 viewsdcd14

Ayew refusing to train on 09:05 - Aug 8 by LeonWasGod

Fede was at training though

Ayew was at Landore is what I was told and that he and Fede had a meeting with Huw, whether it was after the session I'm not sure.
Ayew refusing to train on 09:38 - Aug 8 with 2162 viewsBadlands

Why is that an excuse?

'Doubts about Britton’s future at the club started at the beginning of last season (2009) when he rejected to sign a new contract. Controversy then arose in April when the player revealed that his request to enter contract talks had been rejected by the board.'
Leon had also been looking to leave the season before claiming he wanted to be nearer his daughter.
Monk and his mates caused trouble and Leon expected Martinez to be on the phone (the call didn't come).
His only offer came from Sheffield who were relegated and we finished 7th (even with no fit / capable strike force).

Leon might be a club legend but I don't think we should gloss over his situation 2009 - 11.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ayew refusing to train on 09:55 - Aug 8 with 2115 viewsjack247

Ayew refusing to train on 08:46 - Aug 8 by E20Jack

Doesn't make a difference if he thought he would move anyway. It was our decision, not his. And at that point we had rejected the bid. He had a duty to continue to train with us and he refused. Its a 8 hour flight on a private jet and extreme comfort, hardly a trek up Mount Everest, If we decided to sell him and accepted a bid at 9am, he'd be able to be in Liverpool that day.

I refuse to excuse it or rationalise it, it was wholly unprofessional and would be ridiculous to slate one without recognising the other.

Which I’m not doing.

It’s not exactly the same situation, but both are completely unprofessional and unacceptable.
Ayew refusing to train on 10:00 - Aug 8 with 2080 viewsE20Jack

Ayew refusing to train on 09:55 - Aug 8 by jack247

Which I’m not doing.

It’s not exactly the same situation, but both are completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

Well there will rarely be two identical situations, every situation is different.

The point of the discussion is identical however - they refused to train to force a move. No amount of background scenery change makes that any more or less acceptable than the other. Its irrelevant.

Ayew refusing to train on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 2033 viewsjack247

Ayew refusing to train on 10:00 - Aug 8 by E20Jack

Well there will rarely be two identical situations, every situation is different.

The point of the discussion is identical however - they refused to train to force a move. No amount of background scenery change makes that any more or less acceptable than the other. Its irrelevant.

I’m not going to bother arguing this one with you. I broadly agree with what you’re saying anyway.
Ayew refusing to train on 16:19 - Aug 8 with 1808 viewsMrSwansea

Ayew refusing to train on 15:21 - Aug 7 by Landore_Jack

Make the prick train on his own. Terrible attitude.

He's not turning up mush. He is training on his own mush.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Ayew refusing to train on 19:16 - Aug 8 with 1622 viewsNirvana

Ayew refusing to train on 21:18 - Aug 7 by Jango

I am grasping it, Siggy refused to go on a full pre season tour because he wanted out, Ayew has refused to train today because he wants out. How you can think Ayews situation is any worse is beyond me.

You do understand the difference between Siggy's ample contributions to our club and his obvious quality, and what JAyew has brought (or lack thereof) to the club in his time with us, don't you Bongo?

I mean I understand that you don't 'get' football and play the part of res jr. on here for attention, but even for you the lack of understanding here is "amusing".

Siggy saved us time after time, often singlehandedly, putting up stellar numbers while being a committed, professional, intelligent person both on and off the pitch. He left because he has ambition, and the club under Jenkins' control quite clearly did not. Had we invested more money, and far more wisely, during his time with us he would probably still be here. Either way, can't begrudge him for wanting to move to a far bigger and better club, and we were well-compensated for his departure.

JAyew just desperately wants to stay away from the Championship, would be moving to a newly-promoted club or a perennial relegation candidate, and will provide a measly return of £8m, if anything at all. As Gary and Leon have explained, you do see the difference, right? Surely even you are not that stupid?
Ayew refusing to train on 19:21 - Aug 8 with 1603 viewsNirvana

Ayew refusing to train on 21:28 - Aug 7 by Garyjack

Incorrect. Siggy refused to go on a pre season tour as Everton had made a bid of £40m. He was going to Everton. He knew it, his agent knew it and the club knew it. The reason it didn't happen as soon as it did was because we fvcked about over a couple of million which it is debatable whether we got anyway. He then trained with the team as normal despite this 'dispute' upon their return. Are you seriously comparing that with a player who is refusing to train with the team and club who are paying his over inflated wage because he wants out? Are you?

Spot on, Gary. (Didn't mean to down arrow one of your posts btw, you've made great points this thread)

Everyone involved knew the transfer was going through all summer, the only issue was exactly how much he would be sold for. All the posturing in the world doesn't make a difference, the transfer was going to happen. Had Siggy gotten injured playing, all of that would have been off. It was in his and our best interests for him not to play, it's that simple.

Anyone that refuses to acknowledge this reality is either being incredibly dishonest (probably to distract from the fact no one wants JAyew, after telling us all season how amazing he is) or is just plain ffukkingg stupid.

Or both.
Ayew refusing to train on 20:24 - Aug 8 with 1498 viewswaynekerr55

Well i heard it was because his former room mate promised him a premier league contract then didn’t even have the decency to call him to say the move was off

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024