Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Besic 13:17 - Aug 13 with 17888 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

My Scouse sources say

Besic

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Besic on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 2974 viewsnyc_swans

i could go for some besic

most of us (me included) were pretty excited at the prospect of him signing a few years back.

besic
Besic on 17:12 - Aug 13 with 2856 viewsjasper_T

Besic on 17:00 - Aug 13 by nyc_swans

most of us (me included) were pretty excited at the prospect of him signing a few years back.

besic

Watching him play hasn't changed your mind?
Besic on 17:20 - Aug 13 with 2786 viewsthornabyswan

Besic on 17:12 - Aug 13 by jasper_T

Watching him play hasn't changed your mind?

I work with a few Boro fans and they rated him highly last season.
But like I said in an earlier post 52 apps in 4 seasons is a concern for me.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Besic on 17:32 - Aug 13 with 2698 viewsthornabyswan

Besic on 16:59 - Aug 13 by angryjack

Well ye with the parachute payments that's meant to cover wages if you go down but now nearly all the high earners are gone ye..where do you think it is then because other clubs smaller than us manage even Blackburn are starting to spend a few quid and they are owned by just as bad owners than us

Unfortunately there was a 50 million shortfall to cover with the drop in revenue after the relegation.
The sales have left us secure but short in key positions.
Hopefully this will be addressed this month.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:28]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Besic on 17:51 - Aug 13 with 2567 viewsangryjack

Besic on 17:32 - Aug 13 by thornabyswan

Unfortunately there was a 50 million shortfall to cover with the drop in revenue after the relegation.
The sales have left us secure but short in key positions.
Hopefully this will be addressed this month.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:28]

Couple years we be richest club in national league
Besic on 18:00 - Aug 13 with 2495 viewsthornabyswan

Besic on 17:51 - Aug 13 by angryjack

Couple years we be richest club in national league

Can't educate pork.

Besic on 18:04 - Aug 13 with 2455 viewsomarjack

I randomly mentioned Besic this morning in the new realistic loan thread.

Would be a great coup.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Besic on 18:20 - Aug 13 with 2378 viewsraynor94

Besic on 18:00 - Aug 13 by thornabyswan

Can't educate pork.

It's amazing how many can't understand the position we are in

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Besic on 18:26 - Aug 13 with 2322 viewsthornabyswan

Besic on 18:20 - Aug 13 by raynor94

It's amazing how many can't understand the position we are in

It baffles me to be honest it's hardly rocket science.

Besic on 18:49 - Aug 13 with 2185 viewsSwanseaman

How many times have we taken a risk of getting an injury prone player in, then they get injured?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Besic on 18:54 - Aug 13 with 2150 viewsthornabyswan

Besic on 18:49 - Aug 13 by Swanseaman

How many times have we taken a risk of getting an injury prone player in, then they get injured?

The 2018 version Martin Hayes.
Oops a daisy Martin Hayesee la la la

Besic on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 2091 viewsJonathans_coat

Besic on 17:00 - Aug 13 by nyc_swans

besic

Was excellent at the 2014 World Cup. Looked like a perfect Allen replacement, and was excited when I heard we were in for him, and gutted when he chose Everton over us. If we get THAT player, it would be a real coup. However, if we get the perpetually injured Besic of the last 4 seasons then it would be pointless. Could go either way. Guess if it’s just a loan, with no big fee, then it isn’t a huge risk because we won’t be stuck with him like we are with Bony.

Yes to a loan, but don’t risk buying him.
Besic on 19:12 - Aug 13 with 2037 viewsSwanseaman

Besic on 19:01 - Aug 13 by Jonathans_coat

Was excellent at the 2014 World Cup. Looked like a perfect Allen replacement, and was excited when I heard we were in for him, and gutted when he chose Everton over us. If we get THAT player, it would be a real coup. However, if we get the perpetually injured Besic of the last 4 seasons then it would be pointless. Could go either way. Guess if it’s just a loan, with no big fee, then it isn’t a huge risk because we won’t be stuck with him like we are with Bony.

Yes to a loan, but don’t risk buying him.

Good post.

If we get 3 or 4 players in, then I also think it could be worth the risk. If it's only going to be 1 or 2 players, I'd say that an injury free playing history is a must.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Besic on 19:50 - Aug 13 with 1899 viewsTheResurrection

Besic on 15:16 - Aug 13 by 34dfgdf54

Potter thinks otherwise?

Quote ....

<<One (of many) problems over the last few years has been our player recruitment and the fact that it hasn’t been led exclusively by football-minded people — managers, coaches and coaches as a single recruitment team working together as one. Instead, chairman Huw Jenkins has taken the lead role and subsequently the ability, flair and skill we once had in the squad leaked out. >>

So whose telling the truth.

That's not Potter

Come on mate, think...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Besic on 19:55 - Aug 13 with 1866 viewsTheResurrection

Besic on 16:40 - Aug 13 by angryjack

Take it your another Jenkins lover and the difference between then and now is totally different we were spending money we never had then but now we have got it just sold 47 million worth of players without parachute payments,,we got it but not spending it

We haven't mate and what he's trying to say is all the money we've had has been spent. There's no profit. We've not been afraid to spend the money that we had in.

The problem most people have is what it's been spent on, not that it's been spent at all, because it has.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Besic on 19:58 - Aug 13 with 1845 viewsTheResurrection

Besic on 16:43 - Aug 13 by 34dfgdf54

Ah didn’t he? It was off a thread on here regarding his snippets to media, just assumed it was said by him.

Still though, he headed up the recruitment team, he takes responsibility. I understand the Res has a different opinion and that’s fine, we’ll just go around in circles if we had to keep arguing about it.

I've got a different opinion because I don't rely on snippets from the internet to back up false claims.

He's never headed up the recruitment team, he's been a party to it. But he's the Chairman so he would've made big calls as to final decisions based on cost, wages etc, but he never scouted players FFS.

I think we're all relieved to hear Leadbitter has gone, that's where a lot of our fingers should be pointing.

Besic on 20:00 - Aug 13 with 1822 viewsTheResurrection

Besic on 16:59 - Aug 13 by angryjack

Well ye with the parachute payments that's meant to cover wages if you go down but now nearly all the high earners are gone ye..where do you think it is then because other clubs smaller than us manage even Blackburn are starting to spend a few quid and they are owned by just as bad owners than us

Blackburn were facked over good and proper.

We had a black hole of 50 plus million to find this summer.

There's no spare money. None.

Besic on 20:11 - Aug 13 with 1755 viewsmagicdaps10

Besic on 20:00 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

And who is to blame for that?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Besic on 20:12 - Aug 13 with 1746 viewsJonathans_coat

Besic on 19:50 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

That's not Potter

Come on mate, think...

I think it’s from a “vital Swansea” article which includes some direct quotes from Potter. This however, is not.

Not that I don’t agree with it mind you......
Besic on 20:18 - Aug 13 with 1706 viewsjack_lord

Besic on 20:00 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

I am amazed how other football clubs exist without the benefit of parachute payments.

I'd love to see what the income drop is though. People keep saying 55% of TV money is paid in the first year but 55% of what?

We do get separate income from being in the Championship which is a meagre 6 - 7 million and the TV money from live games.

The wage drop from players departed through retiring, end of contract sold or loans is already phenomenal and the relegation clauses drop must help.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Besic on 20:30 - Aug 13 with 1622 viewsTheResurrection

Besic on 20:11 - Aug 13 by magicdaps10

And who is to blame for that?

The English Premier League, it's players, agents and the demands of staying in it.

Besic on 20:32 - Aug 13 with 1600 viewsTheResurrection

Besic on 20:18 - Aug 13 by jack_lord

I am amazed how other football clubs exist without the benefit of parachute payments.

I'd love to see what the income drop is though. People keep saying 55% of TV money is paid in the first year but 55% of what?

We do get separate income from being in the Championship which is a meagre 6 - 7 million and the TV money from live games.

The wage drop from players departed through retiring, end of contract sold or loans is already phenomenal and the relegation clauses drop must help.

55% of what we received last season.

The players leaving and relegation clauses are the only reason we're not staring into the abyss.

Besic on 20:35 - Aug 13 with 1584 viewsBadlands

(2016/17 reports show)

We spent 77% of income on wages - 7% above the recommended.

£98.7%

Newcastle Championship winners £112 million
Norwich £51 million
Cardiff £39 million
Huddersfield £22 million

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Besic on 20:48 - Aug 13 with 1493 viewsmagicdaps10

Besic on 20:30 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

The English Premier League, it's players, agents and the demands of staying in it.

I and many would beg to differ.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Besic on 20:50 - Aug 13 with 1480 viewsDr_Winston

We pissed away gobsmacking amounts of money by moving away from a system that worked. Huw Jenkins presided over that act of stupidity when all he had to do was keep doing what worked. Instead he decided to tear all that up when he promoted his snitch to the managers job and ape what every other club was doing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024