Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion, would we welcome it? 17:07 - Aug 16 with 4356 viewsshandyjack

Listening to the JACKCAST podcast and they weren't too keen on gaining promotion this year, i was just wondering what people on here thought about it.

Personally i'd love us to get promoted again

Poll: Expectation for the season

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:11 - Aug 16 with 3449 viewslonglostjack

Those that don’t want us to get promotion would like us to lose games so that we can stay in Championship or what?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:11 - Aug 16 with 3447 viewsoldcob

Me too.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:21 - Aug 16 with 3400 viewsFlashberryjack

Would I welcome promotion ?............ too f*cking right I would.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:22 - Aug 16 with 3396 viewslegoman

Well, I have a very simple view. I want us to win every time we play. Promotion would merely be a consequence of my wishes coming true. I don't understand why any other Jack would think otherwise.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:54 - Aug 16 with 3334 viewsGixerJack

I want the team to be competitive and winning more games than we're losing but I also want to watch football that's exiting whilst also being easy on the eye, being greedy I would also like an atmospheric environment to watch it in.

To answer the question though; I'd love for that to be delivered in the EPL but I'm not confident that the current (club) management have the expertise and budget currently to provide me with that experience in the EPL, therefore, provided I'm entertained in the way described in the EFL I wouldn't be too disappointed.

However, longer term I want to see a return to the EPL but expect it built on solid foundations with a plan for us to be resilient enough to remain competitive playing the brand of football we all want.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:03 - Aug 16 with 3309 viewsDJack

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:54 - Aug 16 by GixerJack

I want the team to be competitive and winning more games than we're losing but I also want to watch football that's exiting whilst also being easy on the eye, being greedy I would also like an atmospheric environment to watch it in.

To answer the question though; I'd love for that to be delivered in the EPL but I'm not confident that the current (club) management have the expertise and budget currently to provide me with that experience in the EPL, therefore, provided I'm entertained in the way described in the EFL I wouldn't be too disappointed.

However, longer term I want to see a return to the EPL but expect it built on solid foundations with a plan for us to be resilient enough to remain competitive playing the brand of football we all want.

+1

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:06 - Aug 16 with 3298 viewsomarjack

Whoever claims not to want us to get promoted is either living with an extremely intense sense of denial or simply a closet Cardiff fan.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:09 - Aug 16 with 3293 viewspencoedjack

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 17:54 - Aug 16 by GixerJack

+2
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:20 - Aug 16 with 3263 viewsbluey_the_blue

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:06 - Aug 16 by omarjack

Whoever claims not to want us to get promoted is either living with an extremely intense sense of denial or simply a closet Cardiff fan.

That's a bit dumb.

Ugg ugg love my club must hate yours...

I'd like to see you promote again, like to see us both stabilise and remain there for many years to come Obviously I'd prefer us to be above you... but hey ho.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 06:41 - Aug 17 with 2988 viewsWandererJack

It’s nonsense. If you don’t want us to win every game then what’s the point?

I want us to come 1st with a record amount of points, win the Premier League with a record amount of points and then win the Champions League final 50-0 the following season.

Saying ‘I hope we come 7th’ which is what they were saying on Jackcast comes about when you overthink things.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 06:55 - Aug 17 with 2953 viewsDr_Winston

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 06:41 - Aug 17 by WandererJack

I want us to come 1st with a record amount of points, win the Premier League with a record amount of points and then win the Champions League final 50-0 the following season.

Saying ‘I hope we come 7th’ which is what they were saying on Jackcast comes about when you overthink things.

It is bullshit. Guaranteed that if we were in the playoff final again they'd be celebrating a win like everyone else. I can only imagine they think claiming otherwise somehow makes them "purer" football fans.

Similar things have been said by some about how our first two games this season have been more fun than anything else in years, as if edging a 1-0 against Preston is better than dicking Arsenal 3-1.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 11:20 - Aug 17 with 2791 viewsSwanseaman

The Premier = survival battle

Championship = a chance of finishing up the top.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 11:40 - Aug 17 with 2768 viewsZut_Alors

Everyone wants us to win games — that's a given. It's more a question of framing the question. Under Sousa, we had a relatively high finish, but i have no doubt that had we gone up we would have found it harder to be competitive in the PL.

Go up with Potter with a young team, fine, who wouldn't want that? But can we guarantee that we would stick with the manager even through tough times? Struggle and sack him by December '19 and we're back to where we started. Alternatively, play well with a defined style, retain the team and go up the year after with experience? On paper, I know what I'd want if that assurance was there.

For me, it's about time we started to think long term again. Were we to go back up, we might look to Burnley keeping Sean Dyche the season they were relegated.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:08]
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 12:03 - Aug 17 with 2710 viewsJacket

With the time ticking on the parachute payment, we have to hope it comes soon. Though there is a danger to follow in the path of Derby County 07/08. However, I'd sooner follow the Derby path than the Portsmouth route.

Can't see it happening mind, unless something drastic happens before the end of the mont
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 12:25 - Aug 17 with 2653 viewsJoshTheJack

May aswell give up on football if you don't want your team to be successful,Our clubs future would be much more stable if we got promoted.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:40]
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 12:27 - Aug 17 with 2653 viewsTailGunner

With the experience gained as a club & fanbase over 7 seasons & IF mistakes ARE NOTrepeated - what's to fear?

Bring it on every time.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 12:35 - Aug 17 with 2629 viewsBadlands

If promotion looks possible later in the season we should definitely go for it as those chances don't come along often and a club our size (in case anyone has forgotten we are not a big club) can't pass up opportunities.
If we don't ... not a problem as long as we maintain a desire to improve.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:37]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 12:47 - Aug 17 with 2593 viewsSenhin

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 06:41 - Aug 17 by WandererJack

Win every game in the championship, but then in the Premier league win every game apart from the two against the big club they support isn't it? Don't want to damage a title push...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 13:16 - Aug 17 with 2540 viewsSmellyplumz

Premiership of course so loads more money for our beloved chairman and the American owners innit.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 13:19 - Aug 17 with 2526 viewsJinxy

Would I want promotion at any costs, playing hoofball (it can be done, ahem)? Nope. Playing lovely passing, attacking football? Yep. Let's be patient I say.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 13:59 - Aug 17 with 2428 viewsbyron

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 11:20 - Aug 17 by Swanseaman

The Premier = survival battle

Championship = a chance of finishing up the top.

League 1 = likely
League 2 = home sweet home

Benny

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 15:37 - Aug 17 with 2353 viewsCatullus

I really didn't enjoy the last two seasons, it was boring, predictable, dire and even worse we kept spending ever more money but still sliding backwards.
The only thing that improved was average players pay packets. The football got worse......and worse.
I want the Swans to succeed but the EPl is not a competition, it's a money machine for the top few clubs with the rules seriously tilted in their favour and the rules about payments have been altered again to give the top few clubs an even bigger advantage.
When success became purely about avoiding relegation I asked myself what the point was and the answer was, there is none. The big clubs in big stadia already had a big advantage and the way the EPL structures payments anyone outside the top 6/7 winning the leaguie is already a once in a decade event, FFP rules have only helped the rich clubs.
The EPL is 26 years young and there have been just 6 different winners and people used to complain Blackburn bought it by spending 60 million, that's chickenfeed these days.
I want us to win, to finish top and yes, that means promotion but I won't look forward to more seasons like the last 3.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 15:53 - Aug 17 with 2323 viewsandypitt56

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 13:59 - Aug 17 by byron

League 1 = likely
League 2 = home sweet home

Maybe but Swansea will forever be the FIRST welsh team to play in the premier league. ;)
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 16:07 - Aug 17 with 2291 viewsbyron

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 15:53 - Aug 17 by andypitt56

Maybe but Swansea will forever be the FIRST welsh team to play in the premier league. ;)

Said like a true modern football fan, it never existed before 1992 did it? Lol....you just keep singing rugby anthems yeah

Benny

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 16:53 - Aug 17 with 2237 viewsJoshTheJack

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 16:07 - Aug 17 by byron

Said like a true modern football fan, it never existed before 1992 did it? Lol....you just keep singing rugby anthems yeah

We'd be hearing it from you if you had got there first!.Just like we still hear about the FA cup final you won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024