Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 40430 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 20:38 - Sep 3 with 2516 viewsQJumpingJack

Interview with the Owners on 20:34 - Sep 3 by marchamjack

It’s interesting, even possibly telling...the Yanks specifically make mention of the Trust and wanting to talk to them (for the first time in ages) and to do so not lawyered up. Also, making specific reference in that to the previous owners (so linking it/ them all up). I wonder if the Yanks are getting their own legal guys now telling them the Trust may have an actionable position and they’re getting their own position in place in front of any upcoming Trust announcement.

Definitely a more conciliatory tone from them, even the acknowledgement of the Trust in all the rest they say stands out. As someone says above, now is the time for the Trust to step up and I suspect finally the Trust have those in place and of a like mind to step up.

if the Americans have wanted to speak to the Trust - why haven't they already?
The trust issued their statement mid-May - they have had time.
Interview with the Owners on 20:39 - Sep 3 with 2504 viewsDarran

I’ll tell you something too,an impeccable source told me last week and their exact words were because I’ve still got the message “there have been many broken promises last 2 years”

Anyone that trusts those fuçkers needs help.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interview with the Owners on 20:40 - Sep 3 with 2494 views_

It’s interesting, even possibly telling...the Yanks specifically make mention of the Trust and wanting to talk to them (for the first time in ages) and to do so not lawyered up. Also, making specific reference in that to the previous owners (so linking it/ them all up). I wonder if the Yanks are getting their own legal guys now telling them the Trust may have an actionable position and they’re getting their own position in place in front of any upcoming Trust announcement.

Definitely a more conciliatory tone from them, even the acknowledgement of the Trust in all the rest they say stands out. As someone says above, now is the time for the Trust to step up and I suspect finally the Trust have those in place and of a like mind to step up.

I thought exactly the same and whether I was being naive I don't know but I didn't expect the selling shareholders to have been too involved with the whole mediation process, so interesting they're being hooked back in and also what's afoot.

The Trust are deadly silent again.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Interview with the Owners on 20:42 - Sep 3 with 2476 viewsAl_Bundy

Interview with the Owners on 20:21 - Sep 3 by _

That they and Jenkins had made mistakes?

That they gambled on staying in the EPL?

That Potter did actually want Woods and they hoped Brentford would lower on the last day?

That we got less than is reported (or widely thought) for the players we sold?

That we are going back to looking for the identity that served us well?

That we have more faith in working with players we know than we do from risking big transfers coming in?

That we want a young and hungry squad of players who want to play for SCFC?

That the remediation involves the selling shareholders as well?

That Jenkins has less involvement in the recruitment policy now?

Which bits couldn't you get your smoke riddled brain around pal?

And.... relegated us with their piss poor management - lets not forget that !
Interview with the Owners on 20:42 - Sep 3 with 2470 views_

Interview with the Owners on 20:39 - Sep 3 by Darran

I’ll tell you something too,an impeccable source told me last week and their exact words were because I’ve still got the message “there have been many broken promises last 2 years”

Tell us please instead of trying to squirm your way out of this....

what are they doing exactly that's going to put us in the shit in a couple of years?

The floor is yours.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Interview with the Owners on 20:43 - Sep 3 with 2463 viewsDippy

What did he/she mean by that?.. player sales? Huw?

Poll: Cooper Out

Interview with the Owners on 20:44 - Sep 3 with 2452 views_

Interview with the Owners on 20:42 - Sep 3 by Al_Bundy

And.... relegated us with their piss poor management - lets not forget that !

Fair enough. What's not to believe then?

Interview with the Owners on 20:45 - Sep 3 with 2435 viewsTenbySwan

Dafydd Pritchard (the interviewer) has said on Twitter tonight that they only had an infinite amount of time for the interview and that some questions were rejected by K & L as being ones they didn't want to answer

We are only being told what they want to say. All spin.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 20:46 - Sep 3 with 2412 views_

Interview with the Owners on 20:45 - Sep 3 by TenbySwan

Dafydd Pritchard (the interviewer) has said on Twitter tonight that they only had an infinite amount of time for the interview and that some questions were rejected by K & L as being ones they didn't want to answer

Would he say what questions they were?

Interview with the Owners on 20:46 - Sep 3 with 2413 viewsWatchman

They have no place to go H ! it has been an unmitigated disaster and every little bit of PR spin they try makes it even worse.
Telling everyone worse is to come and then saying no pressue to go back up this year just tells the players no need to try as hard.
The Trust needs to play an iron fist in a velvet glove. They(owners) need to be told we have been deliberately kept out of negotiations and also new investors told not to speak with us (Trust). Trust is the 3 largest S/H and treated so shabilly that owners havce a great deal of making up to do
The sight of their man being not only verbally attacked by supporters but also being hung out to dry by Sky will have hurt them.
Keep up the pressure and watch them ALL like hawks the Trust need to be beyond reproach here

#INVESTORDIVEST

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Interview with the Owners on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 2363 viewsjeza739

Interview with the Owners on 20:34 - Sep 3 by pencoedjack

I’ve given up reading their posts many moons ago

Had em on ignore for a while
Interview with the Owners on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 2362 viewsTenbySwan

Interview with the Owners on 20:46 - Sep 3 by _

Would he say what questions they were?

Someone asked him that but he hadn't replied last time I looked.

It seems that the interview was 'stage managed by the PR machine.

They clearly think we are all bloody idiots!
Interview with the Owners on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 2359 viewsdonkonky

Maybe mrDafydd Pritchard could enlighten us with the questions that they refused to answer, probably be more telling than the spin that was inevitable from our Jase and Steve.
Interview with the Owners on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 2352 viewsEasternJack

When people sell their shares and votes in a business they should not then expect to have the same voice in making decisions.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Interview with the Owners on 20:51 - Sep 3 with 2342 viewsmajorraglan

Interview with the Owners on 19:35 - Sep 3 by hobo

wtf is this all about??

"Having budgeted for much more, the Swans received a combined total of only around £30m for the departures of defenders Alfie Mawson and Federico Fernandez, forward Jordan Ayew, centre-backs Jordi Amat and Kyle Bartley, midfielder Sam Clucas and goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.

That combined figure is around £15m less than the sum of the fees widely reported for those players."

Do they mean we only received £30m this season, with further payments to be received in future seasons?
Surely there's no way we'd only sell that lot for £30m? That's abysmal even by the board's standards. Other clubs would have sold Mawson alone for that amount

An interesting but concerning article.

“... The Swans received a combined total of only around £30m......” that does seem to be on the low side, could it be that by the time intermediates and other parties had a cut of the pie there was only £30m left for the club or was it around £30m was all they could get? That would suggest a buyers market and the more desperate one is to sell the cheaper the price becomes! It certainly puts some of the recent transfer business in to perspective.

Whether this is the truth or flannel or a bit of both I don’t know, however a full set of audited accounts and financial breakdowns will certainly be able to shed more light on matters. Based on what has previously happened, it is clear some supporters have very little faith and trust in HJ et al, to restore that transparency, honesty and potentially some departures are going to be required.
Interview with the Owners on 20:53 - Sep 3 with 2308 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 19:44 - Sep 3 by 3swan

"The American businessmen have also revealed they are considering putting equity into the club - by buying more shares, possibly from the Supporters' Trust - in order to help absorb losses related to relegation."

Am I missing something here?

Isn't that just buying shares (transfer from the Trust to them)? so not extra money for the club.

Also is that just another way of glossing over the 5%? that they offered to buy from the Trust and then delayed.

Possibly a misunderstanding by the reporter? One of the big fears people had when the Americans came in was that they'd add money to the club by introducing new shares, which would dilute the overall stake the Trust held (and therefore its supposed power as their percentage fell) unless they could match 21% of whatever Levein and Kaplan invested.

Other than saddling the club with debt in the form of personal loans (with necessary interest) that's the only way part-owners of anything can inject capital without benefiting the other part-owners significantly more than themselves.

It's tricky to personally add £20m to a company when you're 1/28th of 79% of its ownership. Everyone has to be pulling the same way and either matching funding or accepting diminishing stakes.

And when you're in ongoing legal action with 20%...
Interview with the Owners on 20:53 - Sep 3 with 2304 viewsItchySphincter

Interview with the Owners on 20:02 - Sep 3 by _

That's an extremely fair and open statement and backs up what most rational fans have been saying since relegation.

We should be encouraged by it and jump on board with the exciting changes happening at the Club.

Time to move on and support.

Slightly over exuberant use of language in that there post but the gist is true, not deserving of the multiple down votes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Interview with the Owners on 20:55 - Sep 3 with 2279 viewsmajorraglan

The fact that they declined to answer some questions should have been made clear in the article. It’s the same with politicians, they want to stage manage everything.
Interview with the Owners on 20:56 - Sep 3 with 2274 viewsBillyChong

Interview with the Owners on 20:51 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

An interesting but concerning article.

“... The Swans received a combined total of only around £30m......” that does seem to be on the low side, could it be that by the time intermediates and other parties had a cut of the pie there was only £30m left for the club or was it around £30m was all they could get? That would suggest a buyers market and the more desperate one is to sell the cheaper the price becomes! It certainly puts some of the recent transfer business in to perspective.

Whether this is the truth or flannel or a bit of both I don’t know, however a full set of audited accounts and financial breakdowns will certainly be able to shed more light on matters. Based on what has previously happened, it is clear some supporters have very little faith and trust in HJ et al, to restore that transparency, honesty and potentially some departures are going to be required.

A buyers market unless you are dealing with big clubs like Brentford of course...
Interview with the Owners on 20:56 - Sep 3 with 2268 viewsAl_Bundy

Interview with the Owners on 20:44 - Sep 3 by _

Fair enough. What's not to believe then?

The difference now is we've gone from a global brand with big revenue streams (albeit with big wage outlays) to a Championship club - maybe this is our natural level as a club but from a business perspective the board now needs to see where it makes it profit before the exit strategy kicks in.

The owners have no interest in hanging round for promotion as they know the will pull the rug from under Potter as any player they can cash in with they will sell.

The business model (rightly or wrongly) always trumps the football model. Look at Bolton, Hull, Blackpool, Portsmouth, Sunderland and a lesser degree Coventry. All owners who had no interest what was going on football wise but making sure they were not out of pocket running a club.
Interview with the Owners on 20:57 - Sep 3 with 2257 viewsDarran

Can’t be true mun.

Interview with the Owners on 20:57 - Sep 3 with 2254 viewsthornabyswan

Interview with the Owners on 20:56 - Sep 3 by BillyChong

A buyers market unless you are dealing with big clubs like Brentford of course...

Brentford didn't have a 50 million pound gap to fill.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Interview with the Owners on 21:01 - Sep 3 with 2217 viewsDrGonzo

I just want these chancers gone. Sooner rather than later.
Interview with the Owners on 21:03 - Sep 3 with 2196 viewsTenbySwan

Interview with the Owners on 20:57 - Sep 3 by Darran

Can’t be true mun.

It is.

Don't know how to copy from Twitter but check his post and replies @DafPritchard
Interview with the Owners on 21:04 - Sep 3 with 2186 viewsDarran

Interview with the Owners on 21:03 - Sep 3 by TenbySwan

It is.

Don't know how to copy from Twitter but check his post and replies @DafPritchard

I know my friend I’ve read it.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 21:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024