Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which football club's do get asset stripped? 13:28 - Sep 7 with 9083 viewsTheResurrection

"""Anybody who makes these asset-strip comments are either flawed when it comes to basic arithmetic, deliberately want to look at things just one way, or are plain wrong."""

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angry-cardiff-city-ch

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:02 - Sep 7 with 1857 viewsHighjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:50 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

So because we had a turnover of £140m that automatically means we weren't in financial difficulties? Remind me not to go into business with you.

Haven't we just had to borrow against future TV income from Barclays so how exactly are 'they' keeping a roof over our heads.

Two charges ifo MacQuarrie Bank have also appeared on 5th Sept relating to deferred payments owed for Mesa and Fabianski. The Companies House filing docs for these two make interesting reading as it states precise amounts and timescales for the payments made by West Ham. I haven't really looked at the Mesa one.

It doesn't take a genius to see we have signed over the stage payments owed from West Ham etc to this Australian Bank, probably to free up immediate short term cash.

So please tell me again, what exactly have the Americans brought to the party?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 14:53]

Thanks to Pearlman we’ve been able to strike groundbreaking innovative deals with global outfits like low cost vans, Kath’s Korner Kafe and Swansea university.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:15 - Sep 7 with 1829 viewsDrizzy

T2C has lost the plot. The Americans are now "keeping a roof over our heads". This is somehow commendable despite the fact it was their incompetence that put us in financial difficulty in the first place.

Any time you feel a morsel of forgiveness just remember these were the thick c*nts that appointed the least qualified PL manager in history and ruined a whole transfer window by waiting a month to sell Sigurdsson. They're not asset strippers just another faction of out-of-touch venture capitalists who know nothing about football.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 1824 viewsFlashberryjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:02 - Sep 7 by Highjack

Thanks to Pearlman we’ve been able to strike groundbreaking innovative deals with global outfits like low cost vans, Kath’s Korner Kafe and Swansea university.

And negotiated a deal to lease the Liberty stadium for a cool £300,000 PA, when our previous lease was for a peppercorn charge.

I wonder how much the stream of Liberty income will be in the future.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:23 - Sep 7 with 1818 viewswaynekerr55

Is Kath's Korner Kafe still going ?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:27 - Sep 7 with 1809 viewsjack247

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:15 - Sep 7 by Drizzy

T2C has lost the plot. The Americans are now "keeping a roof over our heads". This is somehow commendable despite the fact it was their incompetence that put us in financial difficulty in the first place.

Any time you feel a morsel of forgiveness just remember these were the thick c*nts that appointed the least qualified PL manager in history and ruined a whole transfer window by waiting a month to sell Sigurdsson. They're not asset strippers just another faction of out-of-touch venture capitalists who know nothing about football.

Last sentence sums it up for me
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 1787 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:43 - Sep 7 by Highjack

One of the reasons your mate Huw conknose Jenkins gave to justify the takeover was that the old board and club were facing huge cash flow issues and the yanks had huge finances that would help with the situation. That of course turned out to be utter utter bollocks of course.

Excuse me but that's exactly what the Americans are doing, they've got the means to cover short term cashflow issues.

Strange post

And Vetch, that's actually a very good post for you 👍

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:48 - Sep 7 with 1781 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:50 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

So because we had a turnover of £140m that automatically means we weren't in financial difficulties? Remind me not to go into business with you.

Haven't we just had to borrow against future TV income from Barclays so how exactly are 'they' keeping a roof over our heads.

Two charges ifo MacQuarrie Bank have also appeared on 5th Sept relating to deferred payments owed for Mesa and Fabianski. The Companies House filing docs for these two make interesting reading as it states precise amounts and timescales for the payments made by West Ham. I haven't really looked at the Mesa one.

It doesn't take a genius to see we have signed over the stage payments owed from West Ham etc to this Australian Bank, probably to free up immediate short term cash.

So please tell me again, what exactly have the Americans brought to the party?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 14:53]

What we've borrowed from Barclay's is something we've done every season since being in the EPL.

Come on try a bit harder.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:08 - Sep 7 with 1763 viewsmarchamjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:25 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

How you can uptick no regard for the future when they're literally keeping a roof over our heads is baffling me.

And I don't think we were in financial difficulties either. We had a turnover of 140m FFS.

House of Fraser (ok not a football club) had a turnover of £836 million in 2017.

In July 2018 it went bust.

Pointless citing turnover as any sort of justification to suit the argument here.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:17 - Sep 7 with 1749 viewsBlasterJack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:48 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

What we've borrowed from Barclay's is something we've done every season since being in the EPL.

Come on try a bit harder.

Exactly. So I will ask again....how are 'they' putting a roof over our heads?

You just carry on with your tedious rhetoric though while conveniently ignoring the other bits of my post

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:27 - Sep 7 with 1732 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:08 - Sep 7 by marchamjack

House of Fraser (ok not a football club) had a turnover of £836 million in 2017.

In July 2018 it went bust.

Pointless citing turnover as any sort of justification to suit the argument here.

Fair enough about turnover but House of Fraser and a football club are chalk and cheese

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:29 - Sep 7 with 1726 viewscostalotta

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:15 - Sep 7 by Drizzy

Off topic i know... but good avatar! Did you get the Green Man this summer in Brecon? I was in Spain for the summer so missed it. But hoping to get to one of their shows in the Autumn.
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:30 - Sep 7 with 1725 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:17 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

Exactly. So I will ask again....how are 'they' putting a roof over our heads?

You just carry on with your tedious rhetoric though while conveniently ignoring the other bits of my post

So when these loan facilities we utilise periodically aren't enough, they step in to cover costs and keep us running.

But did you seriously need me to explain that?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:31 - Sep 7 with 1721 viewsmarchamjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:27 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Fair enough about turnover but House of Fraser and a football club are chalk and cheese

Not sure Mike Ashley would agree

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 18:17 - Sep 7 with 1679 viewsCatullus

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:25 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

How you can uptick no regard for the future when they're literally keeping a roof over our heads is baffling me.

And I don't think we were in financial difficulties either. We had a turnover of 140m FFS.

I don't think we can disagree with that? We didn't have major debt on relegation (unlike Sunderland and several other clubs in the past) our problem was a massive drop in income but still having massive payroll obligations.
I reckon for some of us the problem isn't so much what they want to do but just how they are going about it, cutting a lot more than they have to this season though again, without seeing the accounts it's difficult to know.
There is this to consider,

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/25-years-on-the-murky-underbelly-of-the-pr

Edited to answer the question.....Leeds, Coventry, Blackburn....as in the link!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 18:21]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 18:24 - Sep 7 with 1668 viewsDrizzy

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:29 - Sep 7 by costalotta

Off topic i know... but good avatar! Did you get the Green Man this summer in Brecon? I was in Spain for the summer so missed it. But hoping to get to one of their shows in the Autumn.

I did go mate and it was the first time I'd seen them live. Not sure they play much from their 90s albums these days but they've still released some good stuff recently. You a regular at green man? It's quickly becoming my favourite festival.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:06 - Sep 7 with 1626 viewsOldjack

At Coventry the vampiric HEDGE FUND OWNERS SISU have ripped the heart and home from a proud Midlands club that once spent 35 years in the top division. For all their disgusting actions it is the trivial examples that most reveal their ineptitude: after abandoning the idea of ‘text-a-substitute’ (at premium rates natch) a senior representative of the company sat in a key meeting as the club faced bankruptcy.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:35 - Sep 7 with 1606 viewsvetchonian

The elephant in the room so to speak is that a football club is unlike normal businesses.
That's why those that end up getting run by "investors" usually end up in "trouble"
Sometimes good business men who are emotionally attached to a club tend to leave their business brain at the gates and let heart rule their heads....the late great Malcolm Struel was such an example but without him we would never have enjoyed the great Toshack era and that sunny August day against Leeds.
Those in it purely for the money tend to put the football last forgetting that the fans need to be entertained and loved...and as performances can not be predictive like production outputs sales forecasts or the like but do effect the bottom line knee jerks reactions to achieve financial returns then become priority I over the on field success or long term survival of the club.
This is the situation we now find ourselves in.A shame really given we had what many clubs dream of being owned mainly by local fans. In some ways a repeat of the Struel days fans making dome inept business decisions driven by their fan heads Disspointing really that the lessons from the past had not been learnt or that a successful business man allowed someone with a history of business failures to take the lead.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 20:22 - Sep 7 with 1574 viewsplasjack

Top 6 P/L no
Relegated P/L yes, unless owned by mega rich sugar daddies.
We are what we are, in limbo land.
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 20:29 - Sep 7 with 1554 viewsTheResurrection

So who do we have then so far?

Blackpool
Coventry
Was Portsmouth accused of this as well?

Any more as the examples aren't exactly free flowing??

You know the way everyone goes on about it you'd swear this was a very real threat that went on all the time?!

And these Americans who've spent a lifetime building up their reputations in business and all their other enterprises would risk it all to asset strip the Swans.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 20:50 - Sep 7 with 1521 viewsGlyn1

Who are all decent people. Or he could have gone for some scumbag overseas gambling firm to put on our shirt. Oh wait, we did.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 20:51]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 21:28 - Sep 7 with 1501 viewsOldjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 20:29 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Blackpool
Coventry

You know the way everyone goes on about it you'd swear this was a very real threat that went on all the time?!

And these Americans who've spent a lifetime building up their reputations in business and all their other enterprises would risk it all to asset strip the Swans.

We shall see, if we are in the top 6 come January and other clubs come looking to head hunt a few of our starlets ,what do you think will happen ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 22:19 - Sep 7 with 1467 viewsCatullus

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 20:29 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Blackpool
Coventry

Leeds and Blackburn.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 11:20 - Sep 8 with 1353 viewsLord_Bony

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 15:19 - Sep 7 by Flashberryjack

And negotiated a deal to lease the Liberty stadium for a cool £300,000 PA, when our previous lease was for a peppercorn charge.

I wonder how much the stream of Liberty income will be in the future.

Yeah I couldn't understand this at the time the new lease was signed?? The new rent ,business rates to the council and service charges to the landlords must be astronomical by now. I think the local council are not so lenient now it's in the hands of private investors. They'll certainly want more income.

Anyway,lucky we don't own it or it could be sold off one day to Wimpey Homes and a nice new estate built on it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 11:38 - Sep 8 with 1332 viewswobbly

Asset stripping is a pretty broad term, but the history of Wimbledon prior to the move to MK Dons doesn’t make good reading. Similar for Darlington and York. Rushden and Diamonds seems more like incompetence but I don’t know so much about the history of that one.

Coventry, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Blackpool are more high profile and bits of the story could meet the definition. And Swansea under Petty. And we probably dodged a bullet under Thompson before that.

How many do you need?
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:00 - Sep 8 with 1293 viewsplasjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 11:20 - Sep 8 by Lord_Bony

Yeah I couldn't understand this at the time the new lease was signed?? The new rent ,business rates to the council and service charges to the landlords must be astronomical by now. I think the local council are not so lenient now it's in the hands of private investors. They'll certainly want more income.

Anyway,lucky we don't own it or it could be sold off one day to Wimpey Homes and a nice new estate built on it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I thought the terms of the lease was it can only be used as a sports venue?.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024