Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover? 12:39 - Sep 17 with 10355 views34dfgdf54

I'm assuming this isn't true, but has anyone heard the same? Can't think of anyone anywhere near wealthy enough to be able to afford to run a football club off the top of my head with Swansea connections...

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Sep 17 with 2629 viewsUxbridge

Takeover? on 20:41 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

Very true, Badlands, and that's why it made so much sense selling up!

BUT.....selling to a group that's essentially not able or willing to spend a penny more than the old board did was a mistake. I understand why some of them were so desperate to sell, but it doesn't make it any less wrong....

I genuinely hope there's no truth in the rumour of the old board taking the club over again. I think there's too much bad blood to ever see the the fans and that board united again. The ONLY way I could POSSIBLY see it POSSIBLY working would be if the old board brought in a benevolent multi-billionaire with them, but that's not going to happen, is it?

MM aside, could you really see it? It doesn't strike me as all that plausible in most cases.

Not that we can know what is said in Delaware but looking to sell now wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Plus who would buy in the current situation with legal action hanging over them?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 20:53]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Takeover? on 20:59 - Sep 17 with 2573 viewsGaryjack

The internet is so shit at times!
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:01 - Sep 17 with 2562 viewsdonkonky

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

MM aside, could you really see it? It doesn't strike me as all that plausible in most cases.

Not that we can know what is said in Delaware but looking to sell now wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. Plus who would buy in the current situation with legal action hanging over them?

Isn’t one of the potential outcomes of a TRUST court victory that the the Americans will be forced into a cpmplerte buyout of existing trust shares?
In this case it might sway them to cut a deal and sell rather than ask the hedge fund for more investment.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:08 - Sep 17 with 2532 viewsjackrmee

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:01 - Sep 17 by donkonky

Isn’t one of the potential outcomes of a TRUST court victory that the the Americans will be forced into a cpmplerte buyout of existing trust shares?
In this case it might sway them to cut a deal and sell rather than ask the hedge fund for more investment.

This has actually turned my head.
Thought what a load of bollocks, but rather than fork out £15mil, they could cut their losses.
I would love this to be the case.
But wouldn't the Trust still be due bucks anyway, before or after sale?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Takeover? on 21:12 - Sep 17 with 2512 viewsQJumpingJack

If the Trust win the court case, would they ever get paid?
Keefe and Penny had problems recently following their case.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:24 - Sep 17 with 2463 viewsMoscowJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

I can't see happening either. I think they'd be mad to (considering what's happened since they sold) but I am not so sure about the Yanks.

Would the Yanks cut their losses and run? Would they prefer to concentrate on DC United and Shrek?

The potential or impending litigation most likely won't help but it depends on their desire to keep the club under their name. You've probably seen Yanks throw silly money at lawyers in order to win cases, but they usually REALLY REALLY want to win them. They might be sick to the back teeth of the club, the fans etc and ready to do a deal. That's all just a wild guess but I wouldn't be surprised whatever the outcome.

I suppose it all comes down to whether the conversation with the 27 'investors' in their fund will be something they are comfortable having or not. They might try and string this out for as long as they can and then say "well, we really did try to make it work, Oprah" or they might just say "well, we knew it was just a punt". That's probably more important than anything else, to be honest.

Whilst we're on the subject of those American "stars", I'm really surprised that nobody's tried to get some national or global publicity from "Swans fans taking Oprah to court" (even though I don't think Oprah's actually involved in the 27). That's the sort of publicity the Yank owners would absolutely hate as their phone would be red-hot then!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Takeover? on 21:36 - Sep 17 with 2425 viewswaynekerr55

Takeover? on 19:11 - Sep 17 by Badlands

Now is not the time.
Is another group going to pump £hundreds of millions of there own money in to the club?
No.
And, the reason we looked to offload the running g of the club was mainly because the local board were losing control of the finances. And a major reason why cuts are having to be so hard.

But is this just another angle to keep attacking the club?

Yawn.

Just own up and say you wanted to cash out, instead of the half baked contradictive messages that all and sundry have put out

Attacking the club

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Takeover? on 23:26 - Sep 17 with 2267 viewsCaligulaSwan

Takeover? on 20:19 - Sep 17 by Badlands

A year before the takeover there were squeaky bums and and Jenkins suggesting our finances could not continue showing up in the black.
I recall him also saying there had to be a more full time professional support to run different aspects of the club.

Yeah, our saviors Jenkins and Morgan knew they couldn’t keep up with running the club on a shoestring and the spiralling greed of premier league agents. They wanted to make things better by selling the club to wealthy owners to professionalize things and better manage cash and invest with their access to vast american capital markets.

Relegation was a blow but the americans are to be fair doing well already this season, listening to advice from Jenkins and Dineen, with slashing wage costs and finding a hungry new manager and giving youngsters a chance. This proves selling to the americans was a good idea, and at least better than the alternatives.
Login to get fewer ads

Takeover? on 00:54 - Sep 18 with 2184 viewsWarwickHunt

Takeover? on 23:26 - Sep 17 by CaligulaSwan

Yeah, our saviors Jenkins and Morgan knew they couldn’t keep up with running the club on a shoestring and the spiralling greed of premier league agents. They wanted to make things better by selling the club to wealthy owners to professionalize things and better manage cash and invest with their access to vast american capital markets.

Relegation was a blow but the americans are to be fair doing well already this season, listening to advice from Jenkins and Dineen, with slashing wage costs and finding a hungry new manager and giving youngsters a chance. This proves selling to the americans was a good idea, and at least better than the alternatives.

Fûck me - not another one...
Takeover? on 01:08 - Sep 18 with 2172 viewsDJack

Takeover? on 00:54 - Sep 18 by WarwickHunt

Thanks for the offer...but no thanks! As for the poster you quoted, I suspect a WUM rather than a slimeball apologist.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Takeover? on 06:09 - Sep 18 with 2055 viewsKilkennyjack

You must be one of them new bots ....

Beware of the Risen People

Takeover? on 07:13 - Sep 18 with 2011 viewswaynekerr55

Professionalise

They wanted to cash out. Well deserved, cut the crap.

Takeover? on 07:18 - Sep 18 with 2002 viewsDr_Winston

Takeover? on 07:13 - Sep 18 by waynekerr55

Professionalise

They wanted to cash out. Well deserved, cut the crap.

Precisely.

There's no reason we couldn't have kept the club in the Prem without further investment. We just had to keep doing things smarter than everyone else. Instead focus was lost after the not particularly near miss under Laudrup and the only interest shown after that was cashing in.

We stopped being different and became just like everyone else, with the same predicatable outcome.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Takeover? on 07:35 - Sep 18 with 1982 viewswaynekerr55

Takeover? on 07:18 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Precisely.

There's no reason we couldn't have kept the club in the Prem without further investment. We just had to keep doing things smarter than everyone else. Instead focus was lost after the not particularly near miss under Laudrup and the only interest shown after that was cashing in.

We stopped being different and became just like everyone else, with the same predicatable outcome.

They're listening to Huw and Dineen now...

Takeover? on 09:19 - Sep 18 with 1862 viewsjohnlangy

'A diamond mining billionaire from a Swansea council estate wants to reopen a Cornish tin mine
Strongbow Exploration chaired by Welshman Gren Thomas is looking to reopen the South Crofy tin mine'.

From Walesonline.

It seems some Swansea born people do have money.
Takeover? on 09:30 - Sep 18 with 1832 viewsUxbridge

Keen observers may note the American English spelling of a couple of words there. Common in America, but also in Europe. In fact I just swapped emails with a Dutch colleague where his text with littered with such things.

Not that I could know for certain, but if the clog fits ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Takeover? on 09:42 - Sep 18 with 1801 viewsLoyal

Takeover? on 12:53 - Sep 17 by PozuelosSideys

I honestly think its a possibility

And that picture of Morgan (like the others of him) just screams League of Gentleman

Can see the tagline of "grit and beauty" being binned off for "This is a local club, for local people"..
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 12:55]

Will heaven be like SwanseaTubbs?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Takeover? on 10:30 - Sep 18 with 1721 viewsHighjack

Takeover? on 09:42 - Sep 18 by Loyal

Will heaven be like SwanseaTubbs?

“You heard the man Huw, get undressed”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Takeover? on 11:11 - Sep 18 with 1653 viewswaynekerr55

Takeover? on 09:30 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Keen observers may note the American English spelling of a couple of words there. Common in America, but also in Europe. In fact I just swapped emails with a Dutch colleague where his text with littered with such things.

One Huw Jenkins...

Only one!

Takeover? on 11:16 - Sep 18 with 1641 viewsDyfnant

Takeover? on 19:11 - Sep 17 by Badlands

Now is not the time.
Is another group going to pump £hundreds of millions of there own money in to the club?
No.
And, the reason we looked to offload the running g of the club was mainly because the local board were losing control of the finances. And a major reason why cuts are having to be so hard.

But is this just another angle to keep attacking the club?

Local board losing control of finances, so Huw doubles the wage he draws

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Takeover? on 12:48 - Sep 18 with 1518 viewswaynekerr55

Takeover? on 11:16 - Sep 18 by Dyfnant

Local board losing control of finances, so Huw doubles the wage he draws

Yes. They profess that the finances were out of control (the words of Badlands et al.) yet they voted themselves 100% pay rises.

By fans, for fans

Takeover? on 13:51 - Sep 18 with 1418 viewsWarwickHunt

Takeover? on 09:30 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Aye - "saviors", "professionalize"...
Takeover? on 15:36 - Sep 18 with 1351 viewsDewi1jack

Good spot

Bedankt

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Takeover? on 16:28 - Sep 18 with 1271 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We would say professionaliSe over here, but we don't use that word anyway.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Takeover? on 18:38 - Sep 18 with 1150 viewsCaligulaSwan

Takeover? on 16:28 - Sep 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

We would say professionaliSe over here, but we don't use that word anyway.

Whatever the spelling many improvements under the yanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024