Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd 11:26 - Oct 15 with 29063 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 14:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:22 - Oct 20 with 2216 viewsNewhousemustscore

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:10 - Oct 20 by WarwickHunt

More surprised that Nordfeldt hasn’t.

Yeah - Mulder must be sitting on the bench wondering what he's done wrong. Also, I felt Dan James did enough to retain his place.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:23 - Oct 20 with 2209 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:04 - Oct 20 by jasper_T

Potter's a maniac.

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief (yet again)...
And then (hopefully) enjoy some of the best football I've seen the team play in many years (yet again)...

In Potter we trust!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:24 - Oct 20 with 2215 viewsyescomeon

Just can't agree with Potter on the goalkeeper situation

Upthecity!

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:27 - Oct 20 with 2201 viewsMagic_Michu

Well if we haven’t a clue what team and formation Potter is putting out, the. The opposition won’t have a clue either! 😂

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:38 - Oct 20 with 2139 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:24 - Oct 20 by yescomeon

Just can't agree with Potter on the goalkeeper situation

Not just the keeper, on the official site the whoscored.com analysis suggests that Dan James would be critical to opening up Villa's defence.
So Potter puts him on the bench.
The guy gets more like Bradley every game with a different squad, thank god the results aren't the same.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 14:55]
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:41 - Oct 20 with 2125 viewslidojack

A lot of questions with that team selection. Hopefully the game will provide the answers.

So far the manager has built a level of trust with performances so it can't really criticise.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:46 - Oct 20 with 2078 viewsyescomeon

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:38 - Oct 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Not just the keeper, on the official site the whoscored.com analysis suggests that Dan James would be critical to opening up Villa's defence.
The guy gets more like Bradley every game with a different squad, thank god the results aren't the same.

100% with you there too. With my frustration at seeing Nordfelt starting I'd overlooked that. I can only guess he's looking to use James like he would Montero.

Upthecity!

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:48 - Oct 20 with 2014 viewsLoyal

The keeper selection is baffling beyond reason.
I hope Potter isn't bowing to board pressure for selling reasons.
Like he may well have with Bony.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:49 - Oct 20 with 2003 viewsmonmouth

Nobody can ever guess the team can they?

Oh well, strap yourself in for another ride into the unknown. Goalkeeper worries me a lot, but there we are. I've given up trying to have an opinion, as it's impossible to call.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:50 - Oct 20 with 1996 viewsAnotherJohn

Scratching my head like many others, and hoping that Potter understands what works better than I do. In commentary on the Championship game last night it was said that Darren Randolph's shot-stopping stats are second only to Mulder in the division. What does the guy have to do?
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:50 - Oct 20 with 1985 viewsjackrmee

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:38 - Oct 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Yeah I understand what you're saying, but please don't ever use his name in the same sentence of that Yank again

I do however agree with you about his team selections. Very strange. All I can think is that he's still trying out varied and different formations and tactics in order to see what players can do.
I don't think results matter to him right now. Performances and the way we play are most important.

Hopefully next season we will be best placed to rip this league to shreds.

So, as I said before, I disagree with many of GP's decisions, but I trust he knows what he's doing and I don't haha.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:56 - Oct 20 with 1868 viewsJohnw102

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:46 - Oct 20 by yescomeon

100% with you there too. With my frustration at seeing Nordfelt starting I'd overlooked that. I can only guess he's looking to use James like he would Montero.

More baffling is MacKay must see something that not many offs do. Lazy, no bottle player. IMO

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:58 - Oct 20 with 1831 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:50 - Oct 20 by jackrmee

Yeah I understand what you're saying, but please don't ever use his name in the same sentence of that Yank again

I do however agree with you about his team selections. Very strange. All I can think is that he's still trying out varied and different formations and tactics in order to see what players can do.
I don't think results matter to him right now. Performances and the way we play are most important.

Hopefully next season we will be best placed to rip this league to shreds.

So, as I said before, I disagree with many of GP's decisions, but I trust he knows what he's doing and I don't haha.

For the Mulder situation it is not just you though is it?
I think it would be the majority of fans after seeing their relative performances.
Very worrying.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:59 - Oct 20 with 1828 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:56 - Oct 20 by Johnw102

More baffling is MacKay must see something that not many offs do. Lazy, no bottle player. IMO

Depends on which Barry shows up. The one from the Sheffield United match would be nice.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 15:00 - Oct 20 with 1805 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:56 - Oct 20 by Johnw102

McKay needs to impress today. Got an hour tops I reckon.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 15:01 - Oct 20 with 1797 views34dfgdf54

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Thread (42,000 SELL OUT!) on 14:48 - Oct 20 by Loyal

The keeper selection is baffling beyond reason.
I hope Potter isn't bowing to board pressure for selling reasons.
Like he may well have with Bony.

Is Mulder on a high appearance bonus due to him being signed as primarily a third choice keeper?

You would imagine salary would have been low and the bonus an incentive to get into the first team. Just a conspiracy theory which is probably nothing but he literally did nothing to get dropped and seemed strange.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 1728 viewsjacksfullaces

late to the show, will be enjoying this one vicariously through the gospel of PS

will try and cut through the mid point of emotions in what is clearly an experimental season, the plan may emerge at some point, potter came with his philosophy.

so this cian harries fella, what do we know?
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 1660 viewsunion_jack

Ex player syndrome strikes again!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 1654 viewsTheKirkyLife

Would you believe it.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:11 - Oct 20 with 1605 viewsyescomeon

Shocking from Nordfelt again.

Upthecity!

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 1584 viewsElward

8 mins into the game and Nordfeldt lets in another. Is anyone surprised.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 1577 viewsmonmouth

Inside the 6 yard box again. Simple header. Shit defence and goalkeeping. You'd think three times last game might teach us something, but oh no.

Also started on the back foot like a timid lower league team. Plenty of time but that first 15 mins is not Potters finest.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 15:13]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 1572 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:11 - Oct 20 by yescomeon

Yep, he is Crap.
The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:12 - Oct 20 with 1561 viewsunion_jack

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:11 - Oct 20 by yescomeon

Haven't seen it. What happened?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Aston Villa Vs Swansea City Match Day Thread; 42,000 Capacity Crowd on 15:13 - Oct 20 with 1515 viewsElward

If i was Mulder, i would be demanding an explanation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024