Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either 19:29 - Nov 3 with 6739 viewsGlyn1

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38231289

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:45 - Nov 3 with 4571 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bizarre innit. I have never seen so many compliments from the oppo fans and we effing well lost. We will talk about this game for years.
However I hope the players put it as far out of their minds as is humanly possible but learn the lessons nevertheless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 08:57 - Nov 4 with 4269 viewsGlyn1

Yes, very bizarre. Lots of praise but they've got the points.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 09:23 - Nov 4 with 4212 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 08:57 - Nov 4 by Glyn1

Yes, very bizarre. Lots of praise but they've got the points.

The words "arrogance" and "showboating" seemed to crop up every other post. Potter needs to pin these all over the training facility with the words "and we lost" underneath.

Perhaps some of the players are beginning to believe their press reports. I hope they learn their lesson and put teams to bed before showing any arrogance. Other than that the Rotherham fans couldn't have given them higher praise.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 09:36 - Nov 4 with 4182 viewsmonmouth

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:45 - Nov 3 by Private_Partz

Bizarre innit. I have never seen so many compliments from the oppo fans and we effing well lost. We will talk about this game for years.
However I hope the players put it as far out of their minds as is humanly possible but learn the lessons nevertheless.

I hope they keep it firmly in their minds mate and never forget it. Next time stop pissing about and score goals 2 and 3.

We controlled that game like Man City or Barca do (no I’m not saying we are like them, in case the plum Hamamm reads this forum), but they would have scored 5 by pressing home the advantage ruthlessly. I don’t think it is necessarily new personnel we need, I’d like to see how far these players can grow, I think it is a big injection of intent that we need. If we really go for teams, with no overplaying in the final third, going through the middle and wide, the rest of the season could be a hell of a blast.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 09:45 - Nov 4 with 4140 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 09:36 - Nov 4 by monmouth

I hope they keep it firmly in their minds mate and never forget it. Next time stop pissing about and score goals 2 and 3.

We controlled that game like Man City or Barca do (no I’m not saying we are like them, in case the plum Hamamm reads this forum), but they would have scored 5 by pressing home the advantage ruthlessly. I don’t think it is necessarily new personnel we need, I’d like to see how far these players can grow, I think it is a big injection of intent that we need. If we really go for teams, with no overplaying in the final third, going through the middle and wide, the rest of the season could be a hell of a blast.

Celina is very capable to run ahead into the box when Ollie hasn't made it to convert some of DJ's crosses.

What Celina needs is absolute licence and freedom to do it and that means getting the chemistry right of the two behind him. I know I'm banging the Grimes drum a little overenthusiastically but him Fulton and Celina looked really good against Reading. I think Grimes' passing range is well suited to the role, he's a quick thinker (remember the second goal at Millwall) and he's got an edge, he can tackle. I'd live to see him have a run but that's unlikely I know.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 09:52 - Nov 4 with 4109 viewsmonmouth

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 09:45 - Nov 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Celina is very capable to run ahead into the box when Ollie hasn't made it to convert some of DJ's crosses.

What Celina needs is absolute licence and freedom to do it and that means getting the chemistry right of the two behind him. I know I'm banging the Grimes drum a little overenthusiastically but him Fulton and Celina looked really good against Reading. I think Grimes' passing range is well suited to the role, he's a quick thinker (remember the second goal at Millwall) and he's got an edge, he can tackle. I'd live to see him have a run but that's unlikely I know.

I’d also like us to run directly at teams more, like Fulton did yesterday. Teams are expecting us to go wide all the time by the second half (because we almost always do). Against Reading and yesterday, I was screaming to run at the central gaps.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 12:00 - Nov 4 with 3876 viewsicecoldjack

Well, no matter what the players think the world knows that they played Rotherham and lost 2-1 .

12 shots and only 4 on target does tell us that for all our wonderful football we are exactly where most thought we were before the season started, a championship striker short of doing anything serious.

That is no slight on Ollie, he needs help, no way can he battle up top every game getting lumps kicked out of him, the work load in this league needs to be shared out.

We've seen this result a few times this season, that's a worry as the boys clearly learnt nothing from Ipswich.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 19:09 - Nov 4 with 3642 viewskarnataka

I like the honesty in this quote: "I've followed the Millers for over 60 years and I'm struggling to think of another game where we have been so utterly, completely and comprehensively outplayed for 75 minutes and still won!"
Login to get fewer ads

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 19:11 - Nov 4 with 3633 viewsLoyal

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 19:09 - Nov 4 by karnataka

I like the honesty in this quote: "I've followed the Millers for over 60 years and I'm struggling to think of another game where we have been so utterly, completely and comprehensively outplayed for 75 minutes and still won!"

And it will happen again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:33 - Nov 4 with 3566 viewskarnataka

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 19:11 - Nov 4 by Loyal

And it will happen again.

To them or us?
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:42 - Nov 4 with 3536 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:33 - Nov 4 by karnataka

To them or us?

To us. It happened under Martinez and Rodgers too. Infuriating as hell, but at times yesterday we were superb. We need to be patient even though that was another sickener yesterday like the Ipswich game was.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:48 - Nov 4 with 3516 viewsLoyal

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:33 - Nov 4 by karnataka

To them or us?

Most certainly us, long curve of learning, main priority is that the learning from the experience of Saturday is reflected upon and understood. That's Potters job which many seem to be missing on here. To actually be in this position is because of Potter and his coaching staff not despite them is extremely exciting for supporters to see, especially those of us who have been through more hard times than just the past seven years.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2018 20:55]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:51 - Nov 4 with 3508 viewsplasjack

This team of youngsters would do us proud in the P/L, better than the hoofball merchants up the road who find it a struggle to string two passes in the entire game.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:15 - Nov 4 with 3470 viewsSirjohnalot

When we were relegated in the summer and we were told that we’d be having a discussion about how a young team with a local core were playing exciting football having shots on goal but not taking all our chance with a vibrant, young coach, I think we’d have taken it.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:23 - Nov 4 with 3455 viewstaffpunk

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 20:51 - Nov 4 by plasjack

This team of youngsters would do us proud in the P/L, better than the hoofball merchants up the road who find it a struggle to string two passes in the entire game.

We are in a division above you, and have crowds of 10,000+ more than you. Hoofball maybe, but your 'nice' football means nothing to the general public...

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:35 - Nov 4 with 3428 viewsAndy1300

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:23 - Nov 4 by taffpunk

We are in a division above you, and have crowds of 10,000+ more than you. Hoofball maybe, but your 'nice' football means nothing to the general public...

I know what most of the public would prefer to watch and it's not hoofball.

Reactions to your brand of football is poles, no worlds apart from what is being said about our football

See you in the championship next season and 6 guaranteed points to us

Number 1 team in Wales

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:39 - Nov 4 with 3418 viewssainthelens

Your keeping me entertained anyway. Not stopped fckn laughing since August.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:42 - Nov 4 with 3405 viewslonglostjack

Not yet but nice to see us sticking to our principles again. There’s a different footballing DNA with the Swans compared to Cardiff and it will always eventually make itself felt and stand us in good stead. Swansea is the football city in Wales - always has been and always will be.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:48 - Nov 4 with 3394 viewstaffpunk

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:35 - Nov 4 by Andy1300

I know what most of the public would prefer to watch and it's not hoofball.

Reactions to your brand of football is poles, no worlds apart from what is being said about our football

See you in the championship next season and 6 guaranteed points to us

Reactions/media praise means nothing. Despite all your pretty football, I don't think you'll go up this season, though with a bit of investment in January who knows? You'll lose at least 3-5,000 supporters the next season when you're still in the Championship. The South Wales public want to go and watch Premiership football, no matter the quality...sad but true...we'll both be back to the loyal fans in a few seasons!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:52 - Nov 4 with 3375 viewssainthelens

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 21:48 - Nov 4 by taffpunk

Reactions/media praise means nothing. Despite all your pretty football, I don't think you'll go up this season, though with a bit of investment in January who knows? You'll lose at least 3-5,000 supporters the next season when you're still in the Championship. The South Wales public want to go and watch Premiership football, no matter the quality...sad but true...we'll both be back to the loyal fans in a few seasons!

We are hanging onto your every word.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 3337 viewsLoyal

And the same story for Swansea when we spent seven seasons where you are now and you were below us. Round and round we go.

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 22:13 - Nov 4 with 3330 viewsAndy1300

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 22:09 - Nov 4 by Loyal

And the same story for Swansea when we spent seven seasons where you are now and you were below us. Round and round we go.

They have no chance of any consecutive seasons let alone 7

Number 1 team in Wales

The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 17:29 - Nov 5 with 2967 viewsTommy_Tuyoo

Greetings from South Yorks! A "can't believe it" Rotherham fan here. Two days have now passed since the game shocked us all and we've all had a chance to view the replays, listen to the comments, read the message board etc.
I've had a look through the various threads on this board as well as our own over at Footymad. I have to say despite you lot being obviously gutted about the result, the majority of comments have been pretty balanced and fair. However a few themes have started to creep in that I feel are a little unfair, so I think it's time for a little game of "Truth or Fiction."

1. The referee was biased in our favour. FICTION. Absolute garbage claim. I've never seen a ref biased in favour of lil old Roverum in the Championship, especially against sides fresh out of the Premiership. Saturday was no different, he got a few minor things wrong that affected both sides but over the course of 90 + 5 mins it was pretty even

2. Rotherham did nothing but kick the **** out of Swansea players. FICTION. Again, hardly a fair assessment of the afternoon. The stats show us committing 17 fouls, you lot committed 12. There's no doubt we are a physical side and equally no doubt that your slick passing caused us a lot of frustration but your boys are no angels. You certainly dished out a fair few kickings yourself, not to mention some Olympic standard diving from Daniel James in the first half. Our right back certainly didn't give James any stick because he couldn't get within 3 feet of him! Honourable mention also goes to one of your lads kicking the ball away and getting a yellow, and that little incident of keeper grabbing striker round the neck leading to the first pen. Yes we are a rough team but lets not pretend Swansea are above those tactics. The 4 bookings your lot accrued reflects the true story.

3. The penalties shouldn't have been given. FICTION. Both stonewallers and watching the replays verifies this. The replay also shows "our boy" wasn't offside for the first one, as claimed by Potter. The second was harsh, in the sense that, the rule of "putting your hands up even to instinctively protect your face is not allowed" is a harsh rule. But it was still a penalty. Did you think it shouldn't have been given because you'd played beautiful football for 75 minutes?

4. Swansea totally outclassed Rotherham for 75 minutes. TRUTH. It was difficult to watch for me for obvious reasons but from a pure football point of view it was a bit of a joy also. Some of the stuff you played was pure magic and if you play like that every week your return to the Premiership can't be far away.

5. Swansea arrogance prevented the inevitable second, third, fourth goals. MIXTURE. It did seem that after half an hour or so Swansea had started to treat this as something of an exhibition match. You clearly saw absolutely no attacking threat from us and why would you? We were about as sharp as a bowling ball up front and Swansea looked utterly comfortable playing in first gear and still outplaying us. However, to say it was all down to you lot not taking us seriously is a bit unfair to us. What Rotherham lack in skill we make up for in determination and very high levels of fitness. Our heads never went down and we defended well. The stats show you had 4 shots on target from 12, we had 4 on target from 7. Yes, two of ours were pens, but only 1 in 3 of your shots being on target shows some good defensive grit from us and that maybe you rushed or panicked a lot of your efforts? Plus if you were really so comfortable then surely when we bagged the second penalty you'd have stepped up again and corrected that "injustice." There were 8 minutes played after we scored our second but I don't recall an all out blitz on our goal. I recall our striker Michael Smith pushing forward and the Millers looking for a third.

So to sum up, it was a pleasure to see some pure skill on display and that kid James will go far. On skill and ability you should be winning this division, the fact you're in 9th suggests to me that part of your problem is the attitude of some of your players. Teams like Rotherham and Ipswich seem to be like kryptonite to you because there's obviously a belief that such teams will be a walk in the park. If you can sort that out and very quickly then I can easily see you in the top 2. Definitely better than Derby and Middlesborough based on the games I've seen against us.

If we get 4th bottom I'll be happy with that, every point we get will have been fought hard for.

All the best.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 17:40 - Nov 5 with 2956 viewsjasper_T

DJ wouldn't have gotten to the Olympics with that effort. No Rooney swan dive that one, just pulled his leg out the way anticipating getting clattered again. Didn't appeal, hardly worth crying about.
The Rotherham fans can't believe it either on 17:41 - Nov 5 with 2951 viewsmonmouth

It's rare that the ref gives that second soft penalty after giving the first, but no complaints. This division is tough and you have to score goals to win, not just outplay the opposition. It's not like it's the first time and it won't be the last.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024