Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up 19:29 - Dec 7 with 5290 viewsNeathJack

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/football-leaks-an-agency-pressures-s
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:12 - Dec 7 with 5167 viewstrinityann

Can anyone sum it up in two sentences, I give up after two paragraphs.
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:16 - Dec 7 with 5149 viewsbonymine

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:12 - Dec 7 by trinityann

In summary greedy football agents and HUW JENKINS are ruining the game of football with their greed ......

How’s that sound ? .....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:16 - Dec 7 with 5150 viewsGlyn1

I understand why they would give Fab a salary increase, who was doing well and was "mega-happy" to be at Swansea. Fair enough.

I don't understand why we paid money to his agent, given that he was 32 and signed to a 3 year contract. We had Nordfelt and Muller as backups.

If it means that Jenkins etc. wanted us to keep our best keeper and paid money to make that happen then OK. I can't criticise him for that. But he was bluffed by the agent.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 20:30]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:18 - Dec 7 with 5137 viewsswan65split

Where there's Muck there's Brass.........aint that so ?
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 21:27 - Dec 7 with 4984 viewsPentyrchJack

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:12 - Dec 7 by trinityann

It is a labyrinth that I can't follow either but it sounds dodgy and a matter for the fraud squad to investigate

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 21:42 - Dec 7 with 4954 viewsLeonWasGod

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 20:16 - Dec 7 by bonymine

In summary greedy football agents and HUW JENKINS are ruining the game of football with their greed ......

How’s that sound ? .....

Not a single hint in that piece that Huw was involved, let alone even aware he was being played.
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 22:00 - Dec 7 with 4907 viewslonglostjack

No doubt the players are aware of this shit. It’s one thing for them to kiss the badge. It’s quite another to decide that there’s more to life than money. Football is business at the end of the day. The tragic thing is that it treats it’s most loyal customers with utter contempt.

[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 22:19]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 22:41 - Dec 7 with 4812 viewsMoscowJack

The thing about 'being played' is that it only works if it's a good one. We loved Fabianski, he was happy and BD were after a keeper. It made sense.

If we'd let Fab leave at the time, we would have paid a different agent the same or a bigger fee for a new keeper, so it made sense to just give Fab the extension.

Maybe Jenkins was played, but it wasn't a bad investment anyway. I'm sure there have been far worse examples of an agent getting one over on him.....

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 23:10 - Dec 7 with 4746 viewsdobjack2

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 22:41 - Dec 7 by MoscowJack

The thing about 'being played' is that it only works if it's a good one. We loved Fabianski, he was happy and BD were after a keeper. It made sense.

If we'd let Fab leave at the time, we would have paid a different agent the same or a bigger fee for a new keeper, so it made sense to just give Fab the extension.

Maybe Jenkins was played, but it wasn't a bad investment anyway. I'm sure there have been far worse examples of an agent getting one over on him.....

Suspicion that agent (and accomplices) invented interest to get client (and themselves) more money.

No sh!t sherlock stuff.
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 07:52 - Dec 8 with 4512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 23:10 - Dec 7 by dobjack2

Suspicion that agent (and accomplices) invented interest to get client (and themselves) more money.

No sh!t sherlock stuff.

Wasn't Bony going to take us to court over some dodgy agent activity?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 08:11 - Dec 8 with 4490 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How’s that sound ? .....

I'm not a fan of Jenkins in the slightest but he was stitched up here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 08:54 - Dec 8 with 4444 viewsCatullus

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 23:10 - Dec 7 by dobjack2

No sh!t sherlock stuff.

This is exactly what goes on every week, agents create interest. I remember reading an article by 'the secret footballer' where he said that an agent was asked about a client and his reaction was to lie about his wages. Apparently the agent had said, if you want him you'll have to beat his current pay which the agent stated as double the real figure and the other team bought this player with his wages more than doubling. I can't remember the player but I think the buying club was Newcastle.
This is another of his articles, I can't find the one I mentioned above,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/mar/16/secret-footballer-agents

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 10:43 - Dec 8 with 4340 viewsGlyn1

How’s that sound ? .....

If you read the article you'll see that HUW JENKINS did nothing wrong over this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 11:13 - Dec 8 with 4295 viewsLeonWasGod

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 08:54 - Dec 8 by Catullus

This is exactly what goes on every week, agents create interest. I remember reading an article by 'the secret footballer' where he said that an agent was asked about a client and his reaction was to lie about his wages. Apparently the agent had said, if you want him you'll have to beat his current pay which the agent stated as double the real figure and the other team bought this player with his wages more than doubling. I can't remember the player but I think the buying club was Newcastle.
This is another of his articles, I can't find the one I mentioned above,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/mar/16/secret-footballer-agents

We’ve had more than our fair share of Moralee’s dirty tricks over the years. Footballs a cash cow so no woder it attracts immoral tvvats.
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 12:55 - Dec 9 with 3742 viewsItchySphincter

How’s that sound ? .....

The article doesn’t make Huw Jenkins complicit in this case. It’s a corruption story with Swansea as the innocent party.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 14:16 - Dec 9 with 3680 viewsJonathans_coat

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 11:13 - Dec 8 by LeonWasGod

We’ve had more than our fair share of Moralee’s dirty tricks over the years. Footballs a cash cow so no woder it attracts immoral tvvats.

Top level football is rotten to the core. The spectre of greed descended as soon as the serious money came in the premier league era.
Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 07:19 - Dec 11 with 3324 viewsLoyal

Worth a read - Fabianski contract stitch up on 21:27 - Dec 7 by PentyrchJack

It is a labyrinth that I can't follow either but it sounds dodgy and a matter for the fraud squad to investigate

One of your local schools has a jack from pentyrch teaching PE etc there. Couldn't get over the summer football camps with the majority of the young kids wearing swans tops. Talk about in enemy territory, it must hurt them loads.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024