Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? 09:04 - Dec 14 with 11865 views_

As Potter confirmed yesterday?

Very disappointing as I can only imagine the fallout if he'd said there wasn't.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:14 - Dec 14 with 1856 viewsNeathJack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:09 - Dec 14 by QJumpingJack

We have done ok so far this season.
I can see no real benefit on why we would want to spend money in January to improve the squad.
We won't go up, we won't go down.

We could absolutely do with a striker to take some of the workload off OMB. Running him into the ground will hinder rather than help his development.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:31 - Dec 14 with 1834 viewsswan65split

Pointless thread. We're at the next level. .
Spent little in the summer. And will be even less in the after Xmas sales.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:40 - Dec 14 with 1826 viewsGaryjack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:09 - Dec 14 by QJumpingJack

We have done ok so far this season.
I can see no real benefit on why we would want to spend money in January to improve the squad.
We won't go up, we won't go down.

Yeah, no point in bringing in anyone Potter wants to integrate into his style of play for the future is there? Let's just be happy with we wont go up and we wont go down eh!
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:53 - Dec 14 with 1803 viewsQJumpingJack

Better players/deals will be available in the Summer.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 22:23 - Dec 14 with 1774 viewsGaryjack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:53 - Dec 14 by QJumpingJack

Better players/deals will be available in the Summer.

You need to realise we're in a different market now. No more inflated prices for Premier league survival. Not that it matters either way of course. There's no money now. And there wont be in the summer either. Bookmark it.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 22:45 - Dec 14 with 1754 viewsjasper_T

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:37 - Dec 14 by Garyjack

An 'advance' on Premier league money is somewhat different to borrowing two years worth of parachute payments! That demonstrates that we haven't a pot to piss in, and are desperate for this money NOW to pay the bills.
Erm "They said"?

Edit: They actually 'said'. they didn't think he'd be a good fit for the team. The yanks like? They made the decision that Ryan Woods, who Potter wanted, wasn't a good fit!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 20:54]

JL: "I think the market at the end of the window is always hectic with a lot of comings and goings. When we assessed it on deadline day we felt it was not the right move. We certainly had a lot of appreciation for his talent level and were hopeful we could get something done. We sometimes have sold players on deadline day and taken a massive hit in terms of the reduction of what we receive. There was no appetite from Ryan Woods’ club to do that, with even a small reduction. I think we let the window play out as best we could and wanted to be opportunistic because we had an appreciation of what he would bring."

We've borrowed the first instalment of the next year's TV money before. Nothing this summer was unusual. We've not advanced the whole 2nd year parachute payment (as neither we nor Barclays could know how much we would be due from the Premier League beyond the first instalment - maybe we go up?).

That cashflow was an immediate concern in the summer should surprise literally no one. It was an issue in the Premier League, and of course it would be an issue dropping down a division. We've never had "a pot to piss in" in cashflow terms, even when we were spending £15m on players. It's always been advanced against future earnings and//or paid in instalments.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 11:21 - Dec 15 with 1617 views_

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:37 - Dec 14 by Garyjack

An 'advance' on Premier league money is somewhat different to borrowing two years worth of parachute payments! That demonstrates that we haven't a pot to piss in, and are desperate for this money NOW to pay the bills.
Erm "They said"?

Edit: They actually 'said'. they didn't think he'd be a good fit for the team. The yanks like? They made the decision that Ryan Woods, who Potter wanted, wasn't a good fit!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 20:54]

But it's all relative Ga as now our wage bill is vastly reduced and the strategy of borrowing central payments is no different this season to any of the past 8.

That wasn't a revelation when it was first pointed it was someone's paranoia but unfortunately it's something that's stuck in people's memory now.

Seriously, that's not an issue and won't be a factor on whether we spend a few quid in January.

My guess is we'll see how Christmas goes, where we are and how we've done and also who's out there available as if there's no one Potter thinks is better, what's the point.

Although, I will say this, we're questioning his signings of late so once again it shows how difficult player acquisition is.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 11:40 - Dec 15 with 1602 viewsomarjack

I'm guessing Narsingh will be offloaded for as little as 2 m or so, and some of this money will be used to fund some < 1 m couple of signings like that Ayr striker Shankland or something.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Login to get fewer ads

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:00 - Dec 15 with 1591 viewsjasper_T

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 11:40 - Dec 15 by omarjack

I'm guessing Narsingh will be offloaded for as little as 2 m or so, and some of this money will be used to fund some < 1 m couple of signings like that Ayr striker Shankland or something.

If we get any fee at all for Narsingh I'll be surprised. We're probably going to end up subsidising his wages as well.

It's damage limitation rather than selling an asset.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:33 - Dec 15 with 1561 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:00 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

If we get any fee at all for Narsingh I'll be surprised. We're probably going to end up subsidising his wages as well.

It's damage limitation rather than selling an asset.

Just one in a long line of transfer disasters we've made over the last few years.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 13:45 - Dec 15 with 1516 viewsjack_lord

As Olsson is out for the season his wages should mostly be covered by insurance. That surely means that a loan to cover must almost be affordable?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 13:51 - Dec 15 with 1513 viewsLeonWasGod

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 18:49 - Dec 14 by Garyjack

Those rumours were months ago. As it stands now, we've got more chance of selling Wilf off as a Turkey!

Oh come on. He’s in the prime of his career at fort..., er, twenty eight.

Pretty sure he was linked recently with a Turkish team - could be recycled rumours of course. We all know they’ll be desperate to offload those PL wages.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 19:31 - Dec 15 with 1437 viewsGaryjack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 22:45 - Dec 14 by jasper_T

JL: "I think the market at the end of the window is always hectic with a lot of comings and goings. When we assessed it on deadline day we felt it was not the right move. We certainly had a lot of appreciation for his talent level and were hopeful we could get something done. We sometimes have sold players on deadline day and taken a massive hit in terms of the reduction of what we receive. There was no appetite from Ryan Woods’ club to do that, with even a small reduction. I think we let the window play out as best we could and wanted to be opportunistic because we had an appreciation of what he would bring."

We've borrowed the first instalment of the next year's TV money before. Nothing this summer was unusual. We've not advanced the whole 2nd year parachute payment (as neither we nor Barclays could know how much we would be due from the Premier League beyond the first instalment - maybe we go up?).

That cashflow was an immediate concern in the summer should surprise literally no one. It was an issue in the Premier League, and of course it would be an issue dropping down a division. We've never had "a pot to piss in" in cashflow terms, even when we were spending £15m on players. It's always been advanced against future earnings and//or paid in instalments.

That's a very selective copy and paste! You missed out the beginning though. ""He is very effective in the role he plays, but ultimately when we did our diligence we thought it was not the ideal fit for us at this time.

"That was a decision that took many different conversations with Kyle Macaulay, with Graham Potter, with Huw Jenkins and our whole team.

"It was not an easy decision as he is a player who is attractive for a lot of reasons, but we came out and said it was not the right time to make that deal happen."

That's spin of the highest order in anyones book. Nevertheless, i've no agenda. The time for club/sell out bashing has passed for me, we just have to let things take it's natural course on that one. I'm simply pointing out that there will be no money to strengthen the side as we haven't got it. Whilst we managed to sell off the players that could have got us back up, we're still left with crocks and players who don't want to move as they wont get the same wage anywhere else. And it's still costing us a fortune.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:05 - Dec 15 with 1407 viewsjasper_T

The bits you've quoted don't change the meaning of what Levein said. They clearly appreciate his talent and looked at getting a deal done but in the end it was too much money for not enough player, given the club's situation (i.e. not the ideal fit at this time).
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:31 - Dec 15 with 1384 viewsTailGunner

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:05 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

The bits you've quoted don't change the meaning of what Levein said. They clearly appreciate his talent and looked at getting a deal done but in the end it was too much money for not enough player, given the club's situation (i.e. not the ideal fit at this time).

You don't win any argument regarding this club by quoting Jason Levein

1 nil Gary. Speaks sense.

2-0 Gary actually reading back....
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:41 - Dec 15 with 1375 viewsjasper_T

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:31 - Dec 15 by TailGunner

You don't win any argument regarding this club by quoting Jason Levein

1 nil Gary. Speaks sense.

2-0 Gary actually reading back....

How do you win an argument about what Levein has or hasn't said without quoting the man? We're both doing it, you clown.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1368 views34dfgdf54

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:41 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

How do you win an argument about what Levein has or hasn't said without quoting the man? We're both doing it, you clown.

You are making a habit of getting schooled. Hence why I won’t take your advice and block you, it makes entertaining reading.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1368 viewsTailGunner

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:41 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

He's a proven liar.
No need for the personal insults Jasper.
How damn rude?
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 1354 viewsjasper_T

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:43 - Dec 15 by TailGunner

He's a proven liar.
No need for the personal insults Jasper.
How damn rude?

It doesn't matter if he's lying or not when the issue at hand was what was said.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:55 - Dec 15 with 1346 viewsTailGunner

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:51 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

It doesn't matter if he's lying or not when the issue at hand was what was said.

Of course it does. If he's a liar.

You quoted him!
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:58 - Dec 15 with 1338 viewsjasper_T

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:55 - Dec 15 by TailGunner

Of course it does. If he's a liar.

You quoted him!

So did Garyjack.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:07 - Dec 15 with 1331 viewsTailGunner

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:58 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

So did Garyjack.

It's in the replies to your quote.
You originally pasted Jasons comments.

So the will appear again when people reply to you Jasper
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:11 - Dec 15 with 1327 viewsQJumpingJack

Who will sign off on how much we do have to spend:
Jenkins or Pearlman?
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:18 - Dec 15 with 1310 views34dfgdf54

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:11 - Dec 15 by QJumpingJack

Who will sign off on how much we do have to spend:
Jenkins or Pearlman?

Levien and Kaplan
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:24 - Dec 15 with 1293 viewsjack247

Logically there should be money. If they were genuinely trying to get a deal through for Woods, then we ended up with John and Carter-Vickers on loan, it’s fair to assume that whatever they were actually prepared to pay Brentford is more or less still there.

‘Money available in January’ is very vague. I’m sure there is, but I doubt it’s a significant amount.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024