Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He Is like A New Signing 17:07 - Jan 14 with 4366 viewsCARDAN

Great news that Tom Carroll is back in training, I understand that the owners were confident that his premier league quality at quarterback meant that we didn’t need to explore any due diligence like the woods scenario and find that any potential signing was not a confitable fit. There is good news however, the club shop has a sale on , with the end zone in sight ( the end of January) no doubt Pearl knecklace and Gonzo shall tell us how they fought until the bitter end but no one would come.
He Is like A New Signing on 18:52 - Jan 14 with 3562 viewsjasper_T

Had a couple of very good halves for us this season. Be good to get him involved in a settled side but he's got a job on shifting Grimes out of the way.
He Is like A New Signing on 19:51 - Jan 14 with 3454 viewsdickythorpe

Hooray!!! Mediocre player returns to mediocre side onwards and sidewards!!!!
He Is like A New Signing on 19:58 - Jan 14 with 3447 viewsAnotherJohn

Tom faces the problem that he isn't good enough for the EPL and isn't physical enough for the Championship.
He Is like A New Signing on 20:00 - Jan 14 with 3440 viewsbuilthjack

He Is like A New Signing on 19:58 - Jan 14 by AnotherJohn

Tom faces the problem that he isn't good enough for the EPL and isn't physical enough for the Championship.

Loan him out to Newport then

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

He Is like A New Signing on 20:21 - Jan 14 with 3400 viewsbonymine

He Is like A New Signing on 18:52 - Jan 14 by jasper_T

Had a couple of very good halves for us this season. Be good to get him involved in a settled side but he's got a job on shifting Grimes out of the way.

Grimes is my Player of the Year so far this season (but not at left back please Graham 😂😂) 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

He Is like A New Signing on 20:23 - Jan 14 with 3385 viewspencoedjack

He Is like A New Signing on 19:51 - Jan 14 by dickythorpe

Hooray!!! Mediocre player returns to mediocre side onwards and sidewards!!!!

Pretty kind of you calling him mediocre Dicky.
He Is like A New Signing on 22:22 - Jan 14 with 3227 viewsSPboy

He Is like A New Signing on 20:21 - Jan 14 by bonymine

Grimes is my Player of the Year so far this season (but not at left back please Graham 😂😂) 👍

Not sure I can buy in to this love in of Grimes. He may be better than he was when at Leeds but what exactly has he done for us?

Has he scored any goals ?
Has he made any goals ?
Has he had any shots on goal?
Has he actually tacked or kicked anyone?
Has he made any defence splitting passes?

If you want neat & tidy, ok, but we need so much more. In fact if you want neat & tidy you can have Tom Carroll, but preferably not in the same team as Grimes. Too many neat & tidy lightweights ain’t going to get us challenging or moving up the league
He Is like A New Signing on 22:23 - Jan 14 with 3225 viewsjasper_T

He Is like A New Signing on 22:22 - Jan 14 by SPboy

Not sure I can buy in to this love in of Grimes. He may be better than he was when at Leeds but what exactly has he done for us?

Has he made any goals ?

If you want neat & tidy, ok, but we need so much more. In fact if you want neat & tidy you can have Tom Carroll, but preferably not in the same team as Grimes. Too many neat & tidy lightweights ain’t going to get us challenging or moving up the league

The absolute state of some of our fans.
Login to get fewer ads

He Is like A New Signing on 23:02 - Jan 14 with 3150 viewslonglostjack

He Is like A New Signing on 20:21 - Jan 14 by bonymine

I agree. Seems to be getting better all the time. We’re missing a real enforcer, a Sousa type, behind him. That should be a priority if we’re going to buy anyone.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

He Is like A New Signing on 05:23 - Jan 15 with 3010 viewsicecoldjack

He Is like A New Signing on 19:58 - Jan 14 by AnotherJohn

If only we could've loaned him from Spurs first eh? at least then we'd have seen his weakness first hand and figured he's no better than other midfielders at the club thus saving us a £5 m fee and 4 yrs of wages !

Another Huw paint by numbers signing.
He Is like A New Signing on 09:54 - Jan 15 with 2865 viewsLeonWasGod

He Is like A New Signing on 22:22 - Jan 14 by SPboy

Has he made any goals ?

Did Leon?
Did Leon?
Did Leon?
Yes.
Yes.

I think people are getting a bit carried away and he's over-hyped, but he's not doing bad at all. His defensive work is pretty good too - stats are the best of any of our midfielders in that department (largely because he's spent a lot of time at LB I assume).

He's not at Leon's level in terms of being able to control of a game, but he's one of our brighter spots this season imo.
He Is like A New Signing on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 2809 viewsicecoldjack

Grimes is having a good season, nobody got on my.t1ts more than him before but this season he's stepped up took his chance and improved game per game, some of his long range passing is Beckham esk and his work rate is very good too.
let's give the boy credit rather than slate him, he's had loads of that on here in the past (guilty as charged) time to encourage him to realise his full potential now and that means us fans giving him a break and positive support. Ever notice how players tend to do better when the fans are fully behind them ?

Candidate for player of the season no question.
He Is like A New Signing on 11:19 - Jan 15 with 2794 viewsWarwickHunt

Like a new signing. Unfortunately, like a new Jenkins signing.
He Is like A New Signing on 11:50 - Jan 15 with 2759 viewsBadlands

Grimes is improving but like so many of our younger / more recent regulars he is woefully inconsistent.
I'm not altogether sure what role Grimes and Carroll play.
Neither is a solid defender, neither offers much of an attacking, neither is particularly quick, neither head the ball well. Both are happy to leave 50-50 challenges and both take several touches before making a sideways pass.
They are OK and probably better options than Fulton & Byers with Grime having the plus of being able to cover left back.
They are potentially decent in a well drilled system.

Carroll is an expensive player and should be in the 'for sale' category.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

He Is like A New Signing on 12:44 - Jan 15 with 2710 viewsjasper_T

He Is like A New Signing on 11:50 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Grimes is improving but like so many of our younger / more recent regulars he is woefully inconsistent.
I'm not altogether sure what role Grimes and Carroll play.
Neither is a solid defender, neither offers much of an attacking, neither is particularly quick, neither head the ball well. Both are happy to leave 50-50 challenges and both take several touches before making a sideways pass.
They are OK and probably better options than Fulton & Byers with Grime having the plus of being able to cover left back.
They are potentially decent in a well drilled system.

Carroll is an expensive player and should be in the 'for sale' category.

Not seen much inconsistency from Grimes since we've landed on a settled side. Struggled when he was alternating between LB, CM and the bench, but who wouldn't?

Plenty of teams play with a deep distributing midfielder. Jorginho is a similar type, although a few levels above obviously. Now that Fer's finding some form they're becoming a partnership to rival any in the division imo.
He Is like A New Signing on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 2526 viewsgiantstoneater

Pre-season Routledge looked awful and low on confidence perhaps his extended break helped him, Carroll has also lacked confidence perhaps the rest with his injury might have helped to get his confidence back, which if high will help matters on the playing side, I think he is a good player when he`s on top of his game. I still think we need a good defensive midfielder something we don`t have at the club.
He Is like A New Signing on 21:58 - Jan 15 with 2392 viewsmarchamjack

Like a new signing...you mean like Asoro or Dhanda...yeah, they’re pretty sht too

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

He Is like A New Signing on 11:35 - Jan 16 with 2215 viewsexiledinenglandjack

One player who could definitely add something and is seemingly available, is Kevin MacDonald from Fulham. He’s screen the defence well from midfield, provide a bit of physicality and is a good age to bring in leadership
He Is like A New Signing on 13:09 - Jan 16 with 2158 viewsdickythorpe

He Is like A New Signing on 11:35 - Jan 16 by exiledinenglandjack

One player who could definitely add something and is seemingly available, is Kevin MacDonald from Fulham. He’s screen the defence well from midfield, provide a bit of physicality and is a good age to bring in leadership

Someone that fights for everything and doesn't hide.
He Is like A New Signing on 17:04 - Jan 16 with 2047 viewsCaptain_Sham

Watch his performance vs Bournemouth(a) last season. The single worst performance by a Swansea player in decades.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 17:07]

Its just a ride.

He Is like A New Signing on 17:19 - Jan 16 with 2021 viewspencoedjack

He Is like A New Signing on 20:22 - Jan 15 by giantstoneater

Pre-season Routledge looked awful and low on confidence perhaps his extended break helped him, Carroll has also lacked confidence perhaps the rest with his injury might have helped to get his confidence back, which if high will help matters on the playing side, I think he is a good player when he`s on top of his game. I still think we need a good defensive midfielder something we don`t have at the club.

I’ve heard this many times.

Carroll is probably one of the top earners left at the club who is completely out of his depth even at championship level.

I can count on 1 hand the amount of decent games he has had.
He Is like A New Signing on 19:53 - Jan 16 with 1923 viewsDippy

He Is like A New Signing on 12:44 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Not seen much inconsistency from Grimes since we've landed on a settled side. Struggled when he was alternating between LB, CM and the bench, but who wouldn't?

Plenty of teams play with a deep distributing midfielder. Jorginho is a similar type, although a few levels above obviously. Now that Fer's finding some form they're becoming a partnership to rival any in the division imo.

Jasper in cloud Cuckooland again shocker. Fer and Grimes are mediocre, nowhere near rivaling anyone.

Look at the table Jasper, I know it hurts, but the facts are all there to see, we desperately need a new midfielder, we've needed one since the start of the season, we're not progressing, we're limping on mediocre U23s through a season.

Tom Carroll is not the answer, even though Huw will think he is, because Huw has this psychotic vision that Carroll is the closest thing to Joe Allen, and McBurnie is quality.

But when you've actually watched us this season, we've been mediocre and progressing absolutely nowhere but obscurity.

Some people don't like the bigger and real picture, but I'll say it how it is...

We're sh*t, not sh*t enough to go down, but sh*t.

Poll: Cooper Out

He Is like A New Signing on 09:40 - Jan 17 with 1789 viewsMoscowJack

Grimes is ok and doing an ok job. What he needs is someone more consistent next to him. A proper number 8 is box-to-box and scores 6-8 goals a season (at least) as well as having a lot of creativity but Fer isn't proving to be a consistent answer to this issue. He's not reliable enough for Grimes to take the odd risk getting forward or playing a risky pass.

I'd be happy to have either Carroll or Grimes but we need someone more capable of defending, creating and scoring on a consistent level than Fer next to one of them. If Leroy had lived up to his potential every game this season, we would comfortably be in the top 6 now.

Grimes is no Leon and maybe it's unfair to compare them both, but I think Grimes' best role is in Leon's position, so the comparisons are natural. Lots of people might not be seeing what Grimes does in the same way many couldn't see what Leon did, before it suddenly became popular to love Leon. A lot of Leon's hard work wouldn't be seen by 'ball-watchers' as it's his positioning off the ball that made him special. In fact, apart from being able to pass quickly, positioning is the next most important aspect of that role and Grimes seems to have a lot of positioning awareness about him.

Grimes has a little bit more of a goal threat in him, which we really desperately need, so I'd like to see him get forward a bit more than he does at the moment. The problem is, he would have to rely on Fer to cover him and we know how that usually ends up.

By the way, I do love Leroy at times....I'm still a big fan of his somehow......but I'm now tired of his inconsistency. They say hope dies last and I'm still clinging onto the hope that one day it will click and we'll see his full potential as there aren't many who can pass the ball like him in the team.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

He Is like A New Signing on 12:38 - Jan 17 with 1718 views34dfgdf54

He Is like A New Signing on 19:53 - Jan 16 by Dippy

Jasper in cloud Cuckooland again shocker. Fer and Grimes are mediocre, nowhere near rivaling anyone.

Look at the table Jasper, I know it hurts, but the facts are all there to see, we desperately need a new midfielder, we've needed one since the start of the season, we're not progressing, we're limping on mediocre U23s through a season.

Tom Carroll is not the answer, even though Huw will think he is, because Huw has this psychotic vision that Carroll is the closest thing to Joe Allen, and McBurnie is quality.

But when you've actually watched us this season, we've been mediocre and progressing absolutely nowhere but obscurity.

Some people don't like the bigger and real picture, but I'll say it how it is...

We're sh*t, not sh*t enough to go down, but sh*t.

Bit harsh there Dippy.

This season has been pretty solid in the circumstances. With a bit of backing in the summer and a few players we could really be contenders next year I reckon.
He Is like A New Signing on 13:07 - Jan 17 with 1681 viewsSWANSEYE

Same old story isn't it . .with some h=good signings we'll be contenders to go up . . The answer is NEVER while these Yanks remain . .all they will do is sell sell sell and line their pockets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024