Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread 17:01 - Jan 15 with 16937 viewsjackharris

Swansea manager Graham Potter admitted, "We are some way off
being a top-six side still" after seeing his team share the spoils in
a 1-1 draw with Preston last weekend. Courtney Baker-Richardson
finished a superb team move to give the Swans a slender
advantage they merited, before North End hit back from the
penalty spot only five minutes later. Preston had the best chance
to find a winner before Earl's dismissal, but Erwin Mulder made a
double save to deny them. Bersant Celina was Swansea's most
likely threat in forward areas and played a key role in the opener,
although the youngster was unable to create any further
opportunities of note despite the hosts being reduced to 10 men
late on.

Post-match, Potter said: "You need to survive key moments and
be a bit more clinical. We gave the ball away too easily and did
not do enough to score more than one." The Swansea boss will
now look forward to the return of top goalscorer Oli McBurnie
from illness here, while midfielder Tom Carroll has returned
to training after three months out injured.

Sheffield United move into automatic promotion places
David McGoldrick scored his 10th goal of the season as
Sheffield United beat QPR to move into the Championship's
top two. The Irish international scored the winning goal before
half-time, heading Ollie Norwood's cross home as the Blades
produced a solid, if unspectacular, performance to
edge what was largely an even contest at Bramall Lane.

John Egan came close to making it 2-0 late on when he nodded
wide at the far post, but United were rarely seriously threatened
by the Hoops as they bounced back from their shock FA Cup Third
Round defeat to non-league Barnet with their fourth successive
league win. Victory, coupled with dropped points for Norwich,
saw the Blades move into second.

January signings Gary Madine and Kieran Dowell started on the
bench last Saturday and are expected to play a role as a
substitute on Saturday once more. Chris Basham returned from
suspension to start against QPR and should line-up on the
right-side of defence in Sheffield United's preferred 3-5-2
system. Leon Clarke and Paul Coutts are hoping for recalls.
Tickets: there are still lots of tickets available in most parts
of the stadium. Most of the blue areas have sporadic seats
available. The North West and South West Corners have some
rows of seats situated together.

Sheffield United will be bringing over 1,000 fans on Saturday.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 22:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 11:56 - Jan 19 with 2777 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 11:51 - Jan 19 by Oldjack

22/12/18 is up to date

No, but 12/1/19 is, isn’t it?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 11:57 - Jan 19 with 2771 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 21:33 - Jan 18 by Oldjack

Are thing to start to click today?

Looking at the last 6 we should have got at least a draw at Hull, beaten Villa and Wigan.
Not sure about Preston.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 12:45 - Jan 19 with 2713 viewswestwalesed

Typical travel shambles from the West. No trains until Whitland, on a bus currently!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 2704 viewsGlyn1

You're a true fan!

For the sake of symmetry I'm predicting a draw so our home and away results are equal. Maybe 2 - 2.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 13:28 - Jan 19 with 2656 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 10:54 - Jan 19 by swan65split

When I played in goal , the ball rarely reached the 6 yd box

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 14:37 - Jan 19 with 2539 viewswestwalesed

I’m assuming no issues with tickets today as I don’t actually have one yet!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 16:42 - Jan 19 with 2229 viewssioni

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 10:54 - Jan 19 by swan65split

When I played in goal , the ball rarely reached the 6 yd box

When I protected our 6 yard box I kept an eye on our keeper. If I got in his way I would be assaulted physically first and verbally second.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 19 with 2081 viewssainthelens

So now a win will take us to 8th. COYJB.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 2064 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 19 by sainthelens

So now a win will take us to 8th. COYJB.

If we win by 3.

Told you all Hull's goal difference mattered. Should have kept that clean sheet at Reading!
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 19 with 2058 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City: Erwin Mulder; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn, Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts; Leroy Fer (captain), Matt Grimes; Nathan Dyer, Bersant Celina, Wayne Routledge; Oli McBurnie.

Subs: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Jay Fulton, Barrie McKay, Jefferson Montero, Dan James, Courtney Baker-Richardson.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 2028 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

If we win by 3.

Told you all Hull's goal difference mattered. Should have kept that clean sheet at Reading!

Picky and pedantic, but correct.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 19 with 1909 viewsunion_jack

Hope I’m wrong and we pick up all three points tonight, but I can’t see anything more than a draw. Will be tough with Sharp and McGokdrick up front for them. Defensively, we’ll heed to be clinical.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 19 with 1791 viewsLegend83

Any streams for an exile?
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 1785 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Swansea City: Erwin Mulder; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn, Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts; Leroy Fer (captain), Matt Grimes; Nathan Dyer, Bersant Celina, Wayne Routledge; Oli McBurnie.

Subs: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Jay Fulton, Barrie McKay, Jefferson Montero, Dan James, Courtney Baker-Richardson.

Thought To. Carroll might have been involved today.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 1783 viewstrinityann

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 19 by union_jack

Hope I’m wrong and we pick up all three points tonight, but I can’t see anything more than a draw. Will be tough with Sharp and McGokdrick up front for them. Defensively, we’ll heed to be clinical.

Starting another home game looking very flat, give them a can of coke before the match.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 1695 viewsAndyNak

Any idea what happened to Joe?

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 19 with 1680 viewsjackjackjackjack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 19 by Legend83

Any streams for an exile?

http://www.247heath.xyz/2016/02/using-food-pyramid-and-healthy-eating.html

Nice and clear.

Edit: ignore that^ it's just gone off.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 17:56]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 1672 viewsswancity

Dreadful game so far absolutely shocking

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:55 - Jan 19 with 1662 viewsSwansNZ

Good stop by Mulder

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:55 - Jan 19 with 1649 viewstrinityann

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:54 - Jan 19 by swancity

Dreadful game so far absolutely shocking

Only matter of time before they score.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 1645 viewsunion_jack

Deep and slow (ooo-errr)

Neither Routledge or Dyer can beat their man.

We’re getting skinned down their left.

Should be one down.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 19 with 1612 viewsSmellyplumz

It's like watching paint dry

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 19 with 1613 viewsshimmie

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:56 - Jan 19 by union_jack

Deep and slow (ooo-errr)

Neither Routledge or Dyer can beat their man.

We’re getting skinned down their left.

Should be one down.

Anyone got a stream compatible with iPhone please?
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:02 - Jan 19 with 1546 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 19 by Smellyplumz

It's like watching paint dry

Losing the midfield story of our season

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:06 - Jan 19 with 1498 viewsBirchgrovejack

Why didn't he shoot there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024