Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread 17:01 - Jan 15 with 16941 viewsjackharris

Swansea manager Graham Potter admitted, "We are some way off
being a top-six side still" after seeing his team share the spoils in
a 1-1 draw with Preston last weekend. Courtney Baker-Richardson
finished a superb team move to give the Swans a slender
advantage they merited, before North End hit back from the
penalty spot only five minutes later. Preston had the best chance
to find a winner before Earl's dismissal, but Erwin Mulder made a
double save to deny them. Bersant Celina was Swansea's most
likely threat in forward areas and played a key role in the opener,
although the youngster was unable to create any further
opportunities of note despite the hosts being reduced to 10 men
late on.

Post-match, Potter said: "You need to survive key moments and
be a bit more clinical. We gave the ball away too easily and did
not do enough to score more than one." The Swansea boss will
now look forward to the return of top goalscorer Oli McBurnie
from illness here, while midfielder Tom Carroll has returned
to training after three months out injured.

Sheffield United move into automatic promotion places
David McGoldrick scored his 10th goal of the season as
Sheffield United beat QPR to move into the Championship's
top two. The Irish international scored the winning goal before
half-time, heading Ollie Norwood's cross home as the Blades
produced a solid, if unspectacular, performance to
edge what was largely an even contest at Bramall Lane.

John Egan came close to making it 2-0 late on when he nodded
wide at the far post, but United were rarely seriously threatened
by the Hoops as they bounced back from their shock FA Cup Third
Round defeat to non-league Barnet with their fourth successive
league win. Victory, coupled with dropped points for Norwich,
saw the Blades move into second.

January signings Gary Madine and Kieran Dowell started on the
bench last Saturday and are expected to play a role as a
substitute on Saturday once more. Chris Basham returned from
suspension to start against QPR and should line-up on the
right-side of defence in Sheffield United's preferred 3-5-2
system. Leon Clarke and Paul Coutts are hoping for recalls.
Tickets: there are still lots of tickets available in most parts
of the stadium. Most of the blue areas have sporadic seats
available. The North West and South West Corners have some
rows of seats situated together.

Sheffield United will be bringing over 1,000 fans on Saturday.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 22:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 2114 viewsdickythorpe

They don't look a top 3 side.......neither do we. Poor execution by Celina in the danger area.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 18:11]
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 2115 viewsjackatbarry

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 19 by shimmie

Anyone got a stream compatible with iPhone please?

hesgoal.com
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 2083 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:52 - Jan 19 by AndyNak

Any idea what happened to Joe?

Pulled something, but I didn't have the sound on.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:15 - Jan 19 with 2044 viewsLibertarian

Routledge Losing possession every time
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 2016 viewsdickythorpe

42 mins at home it's taken for our first shot at goal.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:17 - Jan 19 with 2007 viewsAndyNak

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Pulled something, but I didn't have the sound on.

Saw him just stop running, wasn’t sure if I missed something. Cheers

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 1982 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:10 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

They don't look a top 3 side.......neither do we. Poor execution by Celina in the danger area.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 18:11]

Celina has been our best player for me but we have been poor

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 19 with 1908 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:18 - Jan 19 by thornabyswan

Oh agreed I wasn't knocking him. He took a good free kick there just before whistle for half time.
I really hope we are working hard on our set pieces

United are quite dirty.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 1858 viewsomarjack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:18 - Jan 19 by thornabyswan

Agree, we've been awful, except of when Celina has the ball.

Routs and Dyer are garbage. What a borefest of a half. We need James for Dyer, and at 60th mark we'll need Montero for Routledge.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1845 viewsSmellyplumz

Complete gash

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1836 viewsKerouac

How we need to set up 2nd half to win this game (IMO)…

------------------ McBurnie ----------------------
--------------- Celina -- Dyer --------------------
--------Grimes ---------------- Fer ---------------
Naughton------ Fulton ------------ Naughton
------ Carter-Vickers -- van der Hoorn -----
-------------------- Mulder -----------------------

Then bring on either McKay/Daniel James/Montero for Dyer...and give them at least 20 mins to get into the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1834 viewsWxmJax

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:52 - Jan 19 by AndyNak

Any idea what happened to Joe?

It happened earlier in the game, he wasn't happy about something and I thought he was trying to run it off. Surprised he wasn't looked at sooner.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1834 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

Oh agreed I wasn't knocking him. He took a good free kick there just before whistle for half time.
I really hope we are working hard on our set pieces

United are quite dirty.

Yes they are, the Ref has finally given Stevens a Yellow.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 1801 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge and Dyers ball retention is appalling.

We are far too slow too deep and relying on Celina for everything.

Need some genuine outlet out wide with some pace to feed Ollie.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 1781 viewsicecoldjack

It's quite apparent to me that the team feels more pressure playing at home, everyone seems off message today, and not for the firs time at the liberty .

It's been a mediocre half of football once again, that raises more questions than answers, sheff utd should.be 0-2 up and quite frankly like most other teams in this league are nothing special at all.

That's what's making this season so frustrating for me, most teams are bang average and we have nothing to be afraid of but almost every game we wonder why we've failed to win or draw.

Hoping for a change second half, but it looks like half our team are playing within themselves and potter is painting by numbers .

I live in hope, c'mon the swans !!
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:32 - Jan 19 with 1702 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 19 by Kerouac

How we need to set up 2nd half to win this game (IMO)…

------------------ McBurnie ----------------------
--------------- Celina -- Dyer --------------------
--------Grimes ---------------- Fer ---------------
Naughton------ Fulton ------------ Naughton
------ Carter-Vickers -- van der Hoorn -----
-------------------- Mulder -----------------------

Then bring on either McKay/Daniel James/Montero for Dyer...and give them at least 20 mins to get into the game!

I don't think Naughton has quite enough pace to play both sides.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 1683 viewsGeoffThom

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 19 by WxmJax

It happened earlier in the game, he wasn't happy about something and I thought he was trying to run it off. Surprised he wasn't looked at sooner.

I do agree, but I'd noticed he's been limping for a while wouldn't be surprised if it's a bigger problem that could end his season
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:34 - Jan 19 with 1669 viewslegoman

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:32 - Jan 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:34 - Jan 19 with 1666 viewsAl_Bundy

Looks like it will take us going behind again to get any urgency in our play.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:34 - Jan 19 with 1666 viewstrinityann

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:32 - Jan 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

Don't think Potter is the next messiah, we have been shocking at home this season.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 19 with 1656 viewsjack2jack

I'd like to see Celina, driving at their defence, he can really cause problems.
I'd also like to see us pressing the ball more and getting in their faces.
Did anyone hear Pearlman on the radio?
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:37 - Jan 19 with 1631 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

It's quite apparent to me that the team feels more pressure playing at home, everyone seems off message today, and not for the firs time at the liberty .

It's been a mediocre half of football once again, that raises more questions than answers, sheff utd should.be 0-2 up and quite frankly like most other teams in this league are nothing special at all.

That's what's making this season so frustrating for me, most teams are bang average and we have nothing to be afraid of but almost every game we wonder why we've failed to win or draw.

Hoping for a change second half, but it looks like half our team are playing within themselves and potter is painting by numbers .

I live in hope, c'mon the swans !!

Nail on head icecold.

Although it is goalless, we never make the opposition work hard for their goals.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 1595 viewssherpajacob

Connor is completely ineffectual down the left.

May as well swap sides with Naughton.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:44 - Jan 19 with 1556 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 19 by jackjackjackjack

http://www.247heath.xyz/2016/02/using-food-pyramid-and-healthy-eating.html

Nice and clear.

Edit: ignore that^ it's just gone off.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 17:56]

It’s back on!
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:47 - Jan 19 with 1524 viewsSwansNZ

just fecking shoot

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024