Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who trusts the Yanks? 08:28 - Feb 3 with 3265 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who trusts the Yanks? on 16:32 - Feb 4 with 733 views_

Who trusts the Yanks? on 16:06 - Feb 4 by jack247

It’s fine to go aggressively at fans or the trust, but let’s not lose sight of who took the football club to the financial brink, who will be happy to leave us as a carcass if they get most of their money back and who will be out of here at the first sniff of an offer.

They aren’t even trying to disguise the fact that they see us as a cold blooded investment. You’d be mad to trust them to do anything apart from appease their investors.

I've not lost sight on all that but I am sticking to the statement they made in the Summer where the hard medicine was still likely needed to be taken.

When an offer comes in that could alleviate our predicament, it had to be considered.

Like many on here you have your head buried in the sand on the basis of the Americans attempting to sell players in the last window.

On the face of it that sounds terrible and ridiculous, but on a more wholesome evaluation it's probably what was needed.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Who trusts the Yanks? on 16:33 - Feb 4 with 733 views_

Who trusts the Yanks? on 16:06 - Feb 4 by jack247

It’s fine to go aggressively at fans or the trust, but let’s not lose sight of who took the football club to the financial brink, who will be happy to leave us as a carcass if they get most of their money back and who will be out of here at the first sniff of an offer.

They aren’t even trying to disguise the fact that they see us as a cold blooded investment. You’d be mad to trust them to do anything apart from appease their investors.

Who took the club to the brink by the way?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Who trusts the Yanks? on 17:00 - Feb 4 with 685 viewsAngelRangelQS

Unless we know what our financial position is looking like, surely it’s impossible to say?

We all want to see money spent and players kept but that may not be possible.
Who trusts the Yanks? on 17:02 - Feb 4 with 681 viewsjack247

Who trusts the Yanks? on 16:32 - Feb 4 by _

I've not lost sight on all that but I am sticking to the statement they made in the Summer where the hard medicine was still likely needed to be taken.

When an offer comes in that could alleviate our predicament, it had to be considered.

Like many on here you have your head buried in the sand on the basis of the Americans attempting to sell players in the last window.

On the face of it that sounds terrible and ridiculous, but on a more wholesome evaluation it's probably what was needed.

It’s not just selling players though is it? Most sensible people grasp that we couldn’t afford Bony, that we had to get the Ayews off the books the window before, that £20m for Mawson was too good to turn down and that we would see a lot more departures than incoming players thus season.

You don’t seem to get that there needs to be a balance between slashing costs and keeping a reasonably competitive squad. The summer window was pretty much unprecedented by relegated teams and if they’d had their way, they would have sold/loaned James, Fer, Montero, Bony and Carroll last week.

They are looking at it purely from a business point of view. They wouldn’t care about decimating the squad if it balanced the books. They don’t care about SCFC. If they leave and we’re a shell of ourselves, their only concern will be how much they managed to recoup. Yes, fans can be guilty of looking at it from the extreme opposite. That doesn’t mean we should be happy about them ravaging our squad.

Genuinely, what would they have to do before you thought enough was enough?

Kaplan, Levein, Jenkins have all taken us to the brink over the last few years. We were admired for the way the club was run for along time (although I fully accept the financial Swan was paddling like fck to stay afloat while looking graceful on the surface before the takeover). Fast forward a couple of years and we’ve had 2 fire sales and a £70m black hole
Who trusts the Yanks? on 17:13 - Feb 4 with 670 viewsAngelRangelQS

Who trusts the Yanks? on 17:02 - Feb 4 by jack247

It’s not just selling players though is it? Most sensible people grasp that we couldn’t afford Bony, that we had to get the Ayews off the books the window before, that £20m for Mawson was too good to turn down and that we would see a lot more departures than incoming players thus season.

You don’t seem to get that there needs to be a balance between slashing costs and keeping a reasonably competitive squad. The summer window was pretty much unprecedented by relegated teams and if they’d had their way, they would have sold/loaned James, Fer, Montero, Bony and Carroll last week.

They are looking at it purely from a business point of view. They wouldn’t care about decimating the squad if it balanced the books. They don’t care about SCFC. If they leave and we’re a shell of ourselves, their only concern will be how much they managed to recoup. Yes, fans can be guilty of looking at it from the extreme opposite. That doesn’t mean we should be happy about them ravaging our squad.

Kaplan, Levein, Jenkins have all taken us to the brink over the last few years. We were admired for the way the club was run for along time (although I fully accept the financial Swan was paddling like fck to stay afloat while looking graceful on the surface before the takeover). Fast forward a couple of years and we’ve had 2 fire sales and a £70m black hole

I guess it all depends on whether the desperation to sell is because they’re a) taking the surplus (obvious really bad) b) balancing the books to the penny (short sighted but within the realms of being acceptable- it’s what the old board did for years) or c) desperately trying to dig us out of a load of trouble (100% the correct thing to do).

If we are at position c then I’d say most fans would be relatively sympathetic
Who trusts the Yanks? on 18:37 - Feb 4 with 636 viewsjack247

Who trusts the Yanks? on 17:13 - Feb 4 by AngelRangelQS

I guess it all depends on whether the desperation to sell is because they’re a) taking the surplus (obvious really bad) b) balancing the books to the penny (short sighted but within the realms of being acceptable- it’s what the old board did for years) or c) desperately trying to dig us out of a load of trouble (100% the correct thing to do).

If we are at position c then I’d say most fans would be relatively sympathetic

I suppose that just comes down to whether you trust them or not.

If it is C, then what the hell have they been doing for the last couple of years? We’ve had a fire sale, narrowly missed out on another, raised reasonable funds, slashed the wage bill, yet there’s still a ‘£70m black hole’.

I’ll think it’s most likely B. They want the balance sheets looking good so they can offload us and recoup some of their money. From a purely business point of view, you can see the logic. As Dr W said earlier, you can’t run a football club like that.
Who trusts the Yanks? on 18:47 - Feb 4 with 627 viewsBrynCartwright

Could somebody please update me on when either Kaplin or Levien actually last attended a match at the Liberty? Not this season assuredly. We are simply not a priority to them. Thanks very much sell-outs for the due diligence.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:09 - Feb 4 with 586 viewsSwanseaman

The relationship between Swans fans and the Yanks received an irretrievable breakdown due to the totally unreal January transfer dealings.

We've waited to see if things would improve, but instead they have got worse. The problem that the Yanks have is that they think they can carry on lying and the fans will give them more chances.

But we have been in this situation before and can clearly see what is happening.

There are some gullible people who have voted that they trust the Yanks. They would probably just sit and wait and watch the club fall apart, hoping that the Yanks will change their ways and start telling the truth.

For most Swans fans, they have become sick of it - enough is enough. Why wait to watch things fall apart further and become much worse. It may get worse if action is taken, but it would become worse anyway, they have proven this to us now.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:30 - Feb 4 with 564 viewsjacksfullaces

obviously I ticked don't trust them, but that has to be given context .. I don't trust them to do anything that is naturally to the benefit of Swansea City football club in the long or short term.

I would trust them if I was one of their investors to look for as many ways to secure a return on investment in the short term, suspect the pickings won't be there for the long term anymore as they would have hoped when they invested, so not sure what they will do at that point.

I'll end where I started, wouldn't trust them to do anything to the benefit of Swansea City football club at that point.
Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:34 - Feb 4 with 557 viewsLoyal

Who trusts the Yanks? on 08:42 - Feb 3 by Brynmill_Jack

You think a POLL is needed to ascertain this? Really? I see your point though . A good way to find out just HOW many shills we’ve got to battle against .

Fck me Chrissy and all his alter egos have voted 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:37 - Feb 4 with 549 views_

You lost the credibility in that post when you said we need to be reasonably competitive.

We've just lost our first game of 2019, we were on a 7 game unbeaten run, we are still within distance of the play offs and look like we're heading for an FA Cup quarter final.

Sorry, what you said was absurd. This has been a bloody good season with some great football and by Fack we are indeed competitive

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:38 - Feb 4 with 540 views_

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:09 - Feb 4 by Swanseaman

The relationship between Swans fans and the Yanks received an irretrievable breakdown due to the totally unreal January transfer dealings.

We've waited to see if things would improve, but instead they have got worse. The problem that the Yanks have is that they think they can carry on lying and the fans will give them more chances.

But we have been in this situation before and can clearly see what is happening.

There are some gullible people who have voted that they trust the Yanks. They would probably just sit and wait and watch the club fall apart, hoping that the Yanks will change their ways and start telling the truth.

For most Swans fans, they have become sick of it - enough is enough. Why wait to watch things fall apart further and become much worse. It may get worse if action is taken, but it would become worse anyway, they have proven this to us now.

Carry on lying by saying what they were planning on doing back in January

Really, is there no end to the stuff people will make up on here.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 21:41]

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:42 - Feb 4 with 514 viewsLoyal

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:38 - Feb 4 by _

Fancy a cup of tea, my kettle is black.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:44 - Feb 4 with 503 views_

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:42 - Feb 4 by Loyal

Fancy a cup of tea, my kettle is black.

Tell us how Martin Morgan paid for the boys to come home from Greece? Did he use an intermediary??.

😂😂😂

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:45 - Feb 4 with 498 viewsbonymine

Hi Chrissy good to see that your employment status on the payroll has been TUPE’d over from HJ to Messrs Kaplan & Levien so seamlessly........👍 😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:46 - Feb 4 with 487 viewsjack247

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:37 - Feb 4 by _

You lost the credibility in that post when you said we need to be reasonably competitive.

We've just lost our first game of 2019, we were on a 7 game unbeaten run, we are still within distance of the play offs and look like we're heading for an FA Cup quarter final.

Sorry, what you said was absurd. This has been a bloody good season with some great football and by Fack we are indeed competitive

Can you not see the way this is going?

I’ve criticised Montero as much as anyone over the years, but the game was tailor made for him at 1-0 down after an hour Saturday, maybe Dan James if his head wasn’t very justifiably in the shed. Bristol City weren’t brilliant, but we had no one to give us impetus from the bench. Asoro came on and barely got a touch.

Yeah we’ll be fine this season, probably finish mid table. Do you think the squad gets strengthened, weakened or stays about the same in the summer?
Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:53 - Feb 4 with 467 views_

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:46 - Feb 4 by jack247

Can you not see the way this is going?

I’ve criticised Montero as much as anyone over the years, but the game was tailor made for him at 1-0 down after an hour Saturday, maybe Dan James if his head wasn’t very justifiably in the shed. Bristol City weren’t brilliant, but we had no one to give us impetus from the bench. Asoro came on and barely got a touch.

Yeah we’ll be fine this season, probably finish mid table. Do you think the squad gets strengthened, weakened or stays about the same in the summer?

So is that you admitting you were wrong to say we're not competitive?

This season is likely to end up with us around 9th, 10th and as frustrating as that would be it will still go down as a decent season

Then, when the summer comes around we could have more time for
Potter to bring in some new players, and before you say that won't happen, well it bloody well happened last Summer.

The January window is for desperate teams in the main and there's more than a good chance we could've brought someone in for the sake of it and they would've had no impact whatsoever.

They've have made things quite clear in September what the plan is and nothing that's happened last week has changed that.

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:54 - Feb 4 with 460 viewsPrivate_Partz

Great post.
I entirely agree it is a case of balancing the books v remaining competitive.
You would have hoped that, as well as getting rid of the big earners in this window, we would have kept the essential ones and made some effort to give Potter a stronger squad to go into the rest of the season.

The fact we were closing in on the playoffs and in the last 16 of the Cup should have been an incentive.
Unfortunately it now seems cash is king to the hedge funders and football can do one.
It must be bad when the ultimate self serving person falls on his sword.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:05 - Feb 4 with 436 viewsjack247

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:53 - Feb 4 by _

This season is likely to end up with us around 9th, 10th and as frustrating as that would be it will still go down as a decent season

Potter to bring in some new players, and before you say that won't happen, well it bloody well happened last Summer.

The January window is for desperate teams in the main and there's more than a good chance we could've brought someone in for the sake of it and they would've had no impact whatsoever.

They've have made things quite clear in September what the plan is and nothing that's happened last week has changed that.

Not at all. I’m not just looking at this season, I’m looking at what’s likely to happen to our squad under the current owners.

We haven’t been especially competitive this season anyway. We’ve have some great games, but competitive teams don’t finish 10th.

I’m not denying they’ve said they were going to do it. They came out with the ‘hard medicine’ interview after the August window and absolutely lived up to their word last week. I expect more of the same in the summer. We may bring one or two in, we’ll lose more and the players we sign will almost certainly be unproven potential.

Most of us were quite relieved we only lost 3 players whilst bringing in none, that’s the bar these owners have set. There’d be riots if that happened at practically any other Championship club.
Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:08 - Feb 4 with 430 viewsjasper_T

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:54 - Feb 4 by Private_Partz

Great post.
I entirely agree it is a case of balancing the books v remaining competitive.
You would have hoped that, as well as getting rid of the big earners in this window, we would have kept the essential ones and made some effort to give Potter a stronger squad to go into the rest of the season.

The fact we were closing in on the playoffs and in the last 16 of the Cup should have been an incentive.
Unfortunately it now seems cash is king to the hedge funders and football can do one.
It must be bad when the ultimate self serving person falls on his sword.

We did keep the essential ones (Fer, DJ) as it happens. Bony, Carroll and Montero were bit-part players not regular starters.

Against Bristol we were missing two players through injury and one from travel, but we won't look like that for the rest of the season.
Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:13 - Feb 4 with 421 viewsSwanseaman

On the 3rd of Sep 2018, in a walesonline article, the yanks said: 'there has been a request for mediation. I hope that the Trust, the selling shareholders and ourselves can sit in a room without lawyers and figure out how to do something in the best interests of the club that is all I can say on that.'

4 months later and they still no mediation = lies.

They said that: 'we would love to provide Graham with every single player that he wants and that is something our whole staff try to do. But the reality of the market and how players fit together means we cannot live in a world where we never disappoint the manager. We would never want to disappoint Graham, we don’t want to disappoint him.'

I have no doubt that they must have disappointed Potter big time with their debacle of a January transfer window = more lies.

They stated: 'We’re dug in. We’re not selling the club. We’re here to rebuild and we’re determined. So if anybody’s hoping we’re selling the club, they’re sorely mistaken.'

When they were asked 'Do you see yourselves staying for the long haul?'

They replied ' Yes we do. You’re going to be stuck with us for a while.'

Concerning the January transfer window, they said 'I think we’ll assess what our needs are. We’ll have to assess what players are going to be moved in January and, if there’s a need, we’ll take a very hard look at adding players.'

Can any Swans fan, or any other supporter of any other club see any sense in how they sold needed players, sold to opposing clubs, and have left us with no chance of play offs.

And if we get injuries, it could see use slide rapidly down the league. they have shown us once again how amateurish and incompetent they are = more lies

But for me, and most Swans fans, the biggest evidence of all - that clearly shows 100% what we are dealing with - is the Dan James fiasco.

They have lied to us again and and again, and failed to deliver what they promise.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:16 - Feb 4 with 409 viewsOldjack

Who trusts the Yanks? on 21:53 - Feb 4 by _

fer would have been a big loss for starters Jeff is a no brainer, ffs theses kants will sell anyone of our players if a tidy offer comes ,why can't you see this.This is the beginning of the end unless they are stopped, they haven't got a bloody clue how the British game works. We've been lucky this season with some good kids coming through to cover ,it won't be the same next season

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 400 views_

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:05 - Feb 4 by jack247

Not at all. I’m not just looking at this season, I’m looking at what’s likely to happen to our squad under the current owners.

We haven’t been especially competitive this season anyway. We’ve have some great games, but competitive teams don’t finish 10th.

I’m not denying they’ve said they were going to do it. They came out with the ‘hard medicine’ interview after the August window and absolutely lived up to their word last week. I expect more of the same in the summer. We may bring one or two in, we’ll lose more and the players we sign will almost certainly be unproven potential.

Most of us were quite relieved we only lost 3 players whilst bringing in none, that’s the bar these owners have set. There’d be riots if that happened at practically any other Championship club.

You're not looking at what's likely to happen because you're omitting what actually happened last Summer when we tied down McBurnie and brought in several younger players.

If we keep the nucleus we've got now and bring in another player of Celina's quality, or two, then with the experience of this season, like Norwich you could argue last season, then we could be in for a treat

Once the big earners have gone there's a lot of great talent around the world who would be willing to come to the Championship to try and get up to the EPL with a promise of doubling their wages the next season.

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:23 - Feb 4 with 388 viewsPrivate_Partz

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:08 - Feb 4 by jasper_T

We did keep the essential ones (Fer, DJ) as it happens. Bony, Carroll and Montero were bit-part players not regular starters.

Against Bristol we were missing two players through injury and one from travel, but we won't look like that for the rest of the season.

I would have put Montero in the essential camp as well.

The fact is if we were serious about promotion we would not have been left with such a weakened side against Bristol.

The squad is paper thin and is now weaker than before the window despite Potter and the team working wonders.
Yes we kept Fer and James, despite them being at clubs waiting to pull their new shirts on, but even the self serving one ended up falling on his sword for that.

I always said this transfer window would be telling in relation to the Owners attitude. I now dread the next window as we wont even have the inept Jenkins to stop the exodus.

I fear I was watching next seasons first team losing to Everton U23s tonight.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:23 - Feb 4 with 386 viewsOldjack

Who trusts the Yanks? on 22:20 - Feb 4 by _

You're not looking at what's likely to happen because you're omitting what actually happened last Summer when we tied down McBurnie and brought in several younger players.

If we keep the nucleus we've got now and bring in another player of Celina's quality, or two, then with the experience of this season, like Norwich you could argue last season, then we could be in for a treat

Once the big earners have gone there's a lot of great talent around the world who would be willing to come to the Championship to try and get up to the EPL with a promise of doubling their wages the next season.

IF ,IF IF IF

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024