Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins' upcoming interview 18:00 - Feb 7 with 15568 viewsHeadmaster

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 09:53 - Feb 8 with 2523 viewsSwanseaman

His intentions were to sell the club to people who would be good for us. But the money blinded him from choosing correctly.

That was one big mistake, plus what he did to the trust.

The he became a catalogue of errors, taking huge gambles on buying players who were out of form.

It could have been much different. If he's chosen our new buyers better, had included the trust, and if some of his player gambles had paid off.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 09:53 - Feb 8 with 2523 viewsandypitt56

Yes Jenkins helped sign some great players but I put that down to the management in charge.

Here is a list of dross that we signed as well:

PAWEL ABBOTT
KEVIN AMANKWAAH
CRAIG BEATTIE
FEDE BESSONE (second time)
MATTY COLLINS
IAN CRANEY
SCOTT DONNELLY
MARVIN EMNES (not the loan deal)
RORY FALLON
SHEFKI KUQI
YVES MAKALAMBY
LUKE MOORE
DAVID NGOG
TIENDALLI
RYAN HARLEY

As far as I am concerned for every one good player we had, the list of bad players is just as long.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 09:58 - Feb 8 with 2498 viewsSwansea93

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 09:53 - Feb 8 by andypitt56

Yes Jenkins helped sign some great players but I put that down to the management in charge.

PAWEL ABBOTT
KEVIN AMANKWAAH
CRAIG BEATTIE
MATTY COLLINS
IAN CRANEY
SCOTT DONNELLY
RORY FALLON
SHEFKI KUQI
YVES MAKALAMBY
LUKE MOORE
DAVID NGOG
TIENDALLI
RYAN HARLEY

As far as I am concerned for every one good player we had, the list of bad players is just as long.

Roland Lamah

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:12 - Feb 8 with 2454 viewssainthelens

PAWEL ABBOTT
KEVIN AMANKWAAH
CRAIG BEATTIE
MATTY COLLINS
IAN CRANEY
SCOTT DONNELLY
RORY FALLON
SHEFKI KUQI
YVES MAKALAMBY
LUKE MOORE
DAVID NGOG
TIENDALLI
RYAN HARLEY

You are missing the one and only Schecter.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:16 - Feb 8 with 2442 views3swan

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:12 - Feb 8 by sainthelens

You are missing the one and only Schecter.

Franck Tabanou
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:17 - Feb 8 with 2440 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 09:31 - Feb 8 by waynekerr55

No, of course he didn't. His real strength was letting Roberto, Brendan and Laudrup do that.

One may hypothesise that as Roberto and Brendan were good talkers, they may well have said the right things to make him feel as if he was in charge.

And the managers less likely to blow smoke up his arse (KJ, Sousa, Laudrup) all ended on lows.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:20 - Feb 8 with 2427 viewsLeonWasGod

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 19:44 - Feb 7 by 3swan

June 2013 Supporters Direct Video

Stick with it to the end

He's got a feckin cheek hasn't he?
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:20 - Feb 8 with 2427 viewsandypitt56

Im ashamed I missed out Itay and tubbynu
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:22 - Feb 8 with 2417 viewstrinityann

Every transfer is pot luck, despite massive criticisms you don't go from League 2 to seven seasons in Premier League signing bad players.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 11:18 - Feb 8 with 2343 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:22 - Feb 8 by trinityann

Every transfer is pot luck, despite massive criticisms you don't go from League 2 to seven seasons in Premier League signing bad players.

Again, Iā€™ll ask - are there people out there who believe Jenkins scouted all the players for Jackett and Martinez? Seriously???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 11:55 - Feb 8 with 2294 viewsmajorraglan

PAWEL ABBOTT
KEVIN AMANKWAAH
CRAIG BEATTIE
MATTY COLLINS
IAN CRANEY
SCOTT DONNELLY
RORY FALLON
SHEFKI KUQI
YVES MAKALAMBY
LUKE MOORE
DAVID NGOG
TIENDALLI
RYAN HARLEY

Some shockers there, but the the likes of Shecter and and the Spanish youngster were cheapo punts and squad fillers and only in the squad to make up the numbers.
The boy Harley wasnā€™t a shocker, he was a neat and tidy player for the Championship, but the club was promoted at the end of the season and the whole trajectory of Swansea City changed. I believe that if we when transfer fee etc is factored in, Tabannou is probably one of the clubs worst purchases.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:07 - Feb 8 with 2273 viewsjdtswan

WARNING - CONTROVERSIAL THOUGHTS AHEAD .Is it wrong to feel some sympathy toward Huw Jenkins? Just been looking at some of the income/expenditure figures over the last few seasons posted on another forum. We clearly didn't have the net income to sustain Premier League Football, costly transfer and contract errors aside. I believe multiple heads should have rolled for this debacle. I know mistakes were made, but the important point now is we stabilise ourselves financially and recover sufficiently for another push at a later date. Putting together a competitive team in the Championship also in the balance, but I think we have one of the best managers in the business for that. A shrewd Chairman/Chairwoman or Director of football might be a wise investment, but I cant help having this nagging feeling that the sale of the club to alternative ownership as soon as possible
(still having to manage the books obviously), possible with some investment, rather than a rainy day amusement venture by a bunch of ass holes on another continent. But that nagging feeling I had, was that if this were to happen, we may have had the ideal candidate already on the books to acknowledge that the sale was a mistake and help us recover and steer us to calmer waters. I want whatever is best for this club, I know this is a controversial view, but there are lots of valid opinions and its been a while since i had rotting vegetables thrown at me!
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:31 - Feb 8 with 2217 views_

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 11:18 - Feb 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Again, Iā€™ll ask - are there people out there who believe Jenkins scouted all the players for Jackett and Martinez? Seriously???

Again, I'll remind you that Jenkins did no scouting whatsoever.

Strange point you're making.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:31 - Feb 8 with 2219 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:07 - Feb 8 by jdtswan

WARNING - CONTROVERSIAL THOUGHTS AHEAD .Is it wrong to feel some sympathy toward Huw Jenkins? Just been looking at some of the income/expenditure figures over the last few seasons posted on another forum. We clearly didn't have the net income to sustain Premier League Football, costly transfer and contract errors aside. I believe multiple heads should have rolled for this debacle. I know mistakes were made, but the important point now is we stabilise ourselves financially and recover sufficiently for another push at a later date. Putting together a competitive team in the Championship also in the balance, but I think we have one of the best managers in the business for that. A shrewd Chairman/Chairwoman or Director of football might be a wise investment, but I cant help having this nagging feeling that the sale of the club to alternative ownership as soon as possible
(still having to manage the books obviously), possible with some investment, rather than a rainy day amusement venture by a bunch of ass holes on another continent. But that nagging feeling I had, was that if this were to happen, we may have had the ideal candidate already on the books to acknowledge that the sale was a mistake and help us recover and steer us to calmer waters. I want whatever is best for this club, I know this is a controversial view, but there are lots of valid opinions and its been a while since i had rotting vegetables thrown at me!

He made millions and with the other sell outs saddled us with this shower of owners. If they didnā€™t do due diligence on the people they sold to then they put their own personal gain above the future of the club.

So in answer to your question if he didnā€™t do due diligence then I have no sympathy at all for him.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:46 - Feb 8 with 2164 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:07 - Feb 8 by jdtswan

At some point we were almost certain to lose our Premier League status. Fact of life for a club our size. As chairman and CEO of the club, Jenkins's primary responsibility was to ensure that its long term future would not be jeopardised by that eventuality. He failed. Miserably.

Instead of continuing to run the club on a sustainable basis, greed and ego took over and the priority became maximising the value of his and others shares. Giving little thought as to who they were selling to or how much his increasingly desperate spending was going to cost in the long run after they'd cashed in.

Sympathy? F*ck him.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 13:02 - Feb 8 with 2123 viewsLoyal

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:46 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

At some point we were almost certain to lose our Premier League status. Fact of life for a club our size. As chairman and CEO of the club, Jenkins's primary responsibility was to ensure that its long term future would not be jeopardised by that eventuality. He failed. Miserably.

Instead of continuing to run the club on a sustainable basis, greed and ego took over and the priority became maximising the value of his and others shares. Giving little thought as to who they were selling to or how much his increasingly desperate spending was going to cost in the long run after they'd cashed in.

Sympathy? F*ck him.

Jenkins spunked the coffers last January to protect his own salary believing it would keep us up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 13:24 - Feb 8 with 2075 viewsjdtswan

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:31 - Feb 8 by dobjack2

He made millions and with the other sell outs saddled us with this shower of owners. If they didnā€™t do due diligence on the people they sold to then they put their own personal gain above the future of the club.

So in answer to your question if he didnā€™t do due diligence then I have no sympathy at all for him.

Fair enough, agree with that.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 13:45 - Feb 8 with 2003 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 10:17 - Feb 8 by Dr_Winston

And the managers less likely to blow smoke up his arse (KJ, Sousa, Laudrup) all ended on lows.

Correct.

I'm reliably informed Kenny was continually justifying his team selections to him.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 1978 viewsN_T_J

PAWEL ABBOTT
KEVIN AMANKWAAH
CRAIG BEATTIE
MATTY COLLINS
IAN CRANEY
SCOTT DONNELLY
RORY FALLON
SHEFKI KUQI
YVES MAKALAMBY
LUKE MOORE
DAVID NGOG
TIENDALLI
RYAN HARLEY

Frank Nouble Ć°ÅøĖœĀ
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 13:58 - Feb 8 with 1966 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 12:31 - Feb 8 by dobjack2

This at best.......I would be amazed if he did not know the risks of selling to a hedge fund.

Selling a community asset to an American hedge fund good idea or probably not a good idea, now let's think a minute.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 15:13]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 14:08 - Feb 8 with 1940 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 13:58 - Feb 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

This at best.......I would be amazed if he did not know the risks of selling to a hedge fund.

Selling a community asset to an American hedge fund good idea or probably not a good idea, now let's think a minute.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 15:13]

I can remember going wtf when he said he didnā€™t know who had bought the club.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 14:16 - Feb 8 with 1915 viewsChief

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 14:08 - Feb 8 by dobjack2

And informing the trust who always have and do have the interests of the club at heart would have been an extra level of security.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 14:52 - Feb 8 with 1843 viewssainthelens

Sympathy? F*ck him.

One of the best posts ever.
Jenkins' upcoming interview on 15:01 - Feb 8 with 1824 viewsraynor94

Sympathy? F*ck him.

Superb post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jenkins' upcoming interview (n/t) on 15:18 - Feb 8 with 1787 viewsswan65split

Jenkins' upcoming interview on 14:08 - Feb 8 by dobjack2

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024