Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the boardroom b0ll0cks 10:59 - Feb 9 with 8924 viewsSwansea93

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/boardroom-10

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 1612 views_

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:09 - Feb 9 by thornabyswan

The march has focussed their minds.
Without the protest their would have been no statement.

Was there a protest last September?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:41 - Feb 9 with 1604 views_

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:25 - Feb 9 by STID2017

Where do you get £1.5 million figure from ?
The last figure that was mooted for the loan and the reason your mate Huw supposedly told Leeds to get lost was £750k.
That is loose change compared to our black hole of debt.
Do you actually believe what you write yourself ?

Can anyone care to enlighten this poor soul, I've long since given up on the character.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:41 - Feb 9 with 1595 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 11:06 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

"Simply stated, our current contractual commitments are higher than our expected income.

Relegation has seen our annual income this season drop by approximately £60 million. That is inclusive of the parachute payments we received from the Premier League. Our transfer activity this past summer enabled us to address approximately half of this deficit.

On top of the decrease in income, the club still owes some transfer fee payment instalments on players we have bought over the past few years.

Furthermore, our financial position across all transfer windows in the past few years has shown a net loss."

Thanks Huw.

Transfer dealings showing a net loss - not in the last three years?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:44 - Feb 9 with 1574 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 11:08 - Feb 9 by _

I'm sorry but that is a superb update and is basically everything I have been trying to explain to most on here.

Does this mean I wholeheartedly trust them, no, it doesn't

But does it mean I still think this way of working is our best hope? Without one doubt I do.

And this march today is sheer nonsense

A superb statement would say we have the resources to support the club and invest for the future.

This is not a superb statement.

The club has been fooked up.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 1571 viewsSTID2017

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:41 - Feb 9 by _

Can anyone care to enlighten this poor soul, I've long since given up on the character.

As you were Chris.
Your posts are brilliant fair.
More fiction than a David Lagercrantz novel
Enjoy the game.
Ps - what's it like sitting in the director's box ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:48 - Feb 9 with 1564 viewsHighjack

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:46 - Feb 9 by STID2017

As you were Chris.
Your posts are brilliant fair.
More fiction than a David Lagercrantz novel
Enjoy the game.
Ps - what's it like sitting in the director's box ?

Is “sitting in the directors box” a euphemism?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 1554 viewsdobjack2

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:38 - Feb 9 by _

When they moved the goalposts

What was the original deal then? Can you provide a link?

If they moved the goalposts and the deal was no longer in the club’s interest according to the owners man then the Jenkins is the saviour stuff must be a load of bollox then.

Hard to believe anyone without any facts.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 1537 viewsSTID2017

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:48 - Feb 9 by Highjack

Is “sitting in the directors box” a euphemism?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:54 - Feb 9 with 1533 viewsShaky

"A potentially viable option, if needed, to address a financial shortfall would be an injection of money into the club in the form of equity. That is something which may be considered, however it is not without some hurdles. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As i see it, this is a clear smoke-signal directed at the Trust.

for reference: https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/229501/page:1

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:15 - Feb 9 with 1475 viewsthornabyswan

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:39 - Feb 9 by _

Was there a protest last September?

Yes there was plenty of unrest in the stands after the August transfer window shut.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1452 viewsHeadmaster

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:01 - Feb 9 by Darran

So if it was their belief that those particular moves would have the least impact on our team for the second half of the season where does Fer and James fit into that then?

You’ve got to be fuçking deluded to trust a word this bloke says.

Exactly the point I made. There seems to be a fair few delusional people following us. Either that or they're not acting in good faith.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 1432 viewsThornburyswan

Appreciate I'll be in the minority here but I'm ok with that statement - would have preferred it some weeks back & suspect the fan reaction on social media plus HJ's exit has forced the yanks hand.

It is broadly as I expected it to say, although clearly a bigger hole than most of us expected, provided this kind of open communication plus a more collaborative attitude with the Trust could yet get us back to a go forward position but on & off the pitch in a year or so - for me to achieve that we need :-

1. Significantly improved collaboration with the trust & open communication with the fan groups.
2. Continued cutting of the wage bill - in particular the full exits of our higher paid loanees, ideally all out in the summer. This should include no dividend commitment & reduction in executive salaries in line with current means.
3. New contracts for James, VDH & Fer (provided latter two are up for the challenge & willing to accept respective salary deals - otherwise see point 2 above).
4. Retention of GP & sufficient support to him to continue building first team squad/ethos.
5. If further formal investment needed as part of the process the Trust given option to increase their holding to 25% - no other investment taken without Trust being offered that as a first refusal option.

As a fan I could understand & support that philosophy, or one close to it, as a route to hitting the re-set button - acknowledge it could result in a further relegation, depending on outcome of players in/out moves & results on the pitch but we clearly need to get through the next 12/18 months of significant continued income drops.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:31 - Feb 9 with 1426 viewsthornabyswan

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:22 - Feb 9 by Headmaster

Exactly the point I made. There seems to be a fair few delusional people following us. Either that or they're not acting in good faith.

Yes it was Fer who didn't want to go.
As for James the Yanks wanted him gone as well.
Was nothing to do with football that is the least important factor for them.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 1411 viewswaynekerr55

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 11:06 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

"Simply stated, our current contractual commitments are higher than our expected income.

Relegation has seen our annual income this season drop by approximately £60 million. That is inclusive of the parachute payments we received from the Premier League. Our transfer activity this past summer enabled us to address approximately half of this deficit.

On top of the decrease in income, the club still owes some transfer fee payment instalments on players we have bought over the past few years.

Furthermore, our financial position across all transfer windows in the past few years has shown a net loss."

Thanks Huw.

Yet there were some who thought that Huw "was the only person for the job"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:42 - Feb 9 with 1398 viewsJango

everyone’s fear in the summer was that we’d be relegated again, some saying it was guaranteed. We are 6 points off playoffs playing some lovely stuff with a team littered with academy players. Surely that’s something to celebrate. The club was and maybe still is in a mess financially. Our record signing before we got promoted was Craig Beattie I believe for £800k. That’s the size of club we are at this level. We paid £4m for Celina, £2m for Asoro plus others this summer , so this idea that the yanks are trying to steal what they can is nonsense. I’m happy for them to make big decisions on selling players if it means I’m enjoying next season and the seasons after as much as I’m enjoying this one.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:46 - Feb 9 with 1383 viewsHeadmaster

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:31 - Feb 9 by thornabyswan

Yes it was Fer who didn't want to go.
As for James the Yanks wanted him gone as well.
Was nothing to do with football that is the least important factor for them.

And that's the key. They're just focused on the financial side regardless of how that affects the football side. You can't run a football club like any other business because both finance and football are intertwined.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. They're not fit to run a football club because they haven't got a clue about football. It's a shambles. They leave all the business to the last day of the window and we come out of it looking like a bunch of amateurs. Because they are.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 1377 viewsjasper_T

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:42 - Feb 9 by Jango

everyone’s fear in the summer was that we’d be relegated again, some saying it was guaranteed. We are 6 points off playoffs playing some lovely stuff with a team littered with academy players. Surely that’s something to celebrate. The club was and maybe still is in a mess financially. Our record signing before we got promoted was Craig Beattie I believe for £800k. That’s the size of club we are at this level. We paid £4m for Celina, £2m for Asoro plus others this summer , so this idea that the yanks are trying to steal what they can is nonsense. I’m happy for them to make big decisions on selling players if it means I’m enjoying next season and the seasons after as much as I’m enjoying this one.

People will always find something to be unhappy about once they've decided they're not happy. When their worst fears aren't realised they've been quick to invent new ones, and haven't been shy about blatantly distorting the truth (see the "giving DJ away for nothing" posts) to make things fit.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:52 - Feb 9 with 1363 viewsLeonWasGod

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 11:12 - Feb 9 by _

1.5m guaranteed for 4 months or 9.5m if they won promotion is simply not 'next to nothing'

It’s not, but that loan amount is meaningless compared to the real problem, which is those stuck on inflated wages. And he’s a player who can make a difference. We still have to compete on the pitch, as promotion is the ONLY way the Yanks stand a chance of seeing a return on their investment.

The ‘worth’ of Dan to us is far more than a guaranteed £1-1.5m to a rival. He could literally be the difference between making the playoffs and not (although those hopes have now received a big dent).

Not arguing we don’t need to cut costs, just sensibly.
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:59 - Feb 9 with 1343 viewsjasper_T

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:52 - Feb 9 by LeonWasGod

It’s not, but that loan amount is meaningless compared to the real problem, which is those stuck on inflated wages. And he’s a player who can make a difference. We still have to compete on the pitch, as promotion is the ONLY way the Yanks stand a chance of seeing a return on their investment.

The ‘worth’ of Dan to us is far more than a guaranteed £1-1.5m to a rival. He could literally be the difference between making the playoffs and not (although those hopes have now received a big dent).

With promotion being a bit of a longshot now due to all the dropped points (and I can understand the stated method behind Potter's selection madness tbh, even if it was disappointed me at the time) is DJ realistically going to be worth £1.5m between now and the end of the season? This isn't the Premier League where a couple of places is worth that sort of prize money.

"While finishing position in the Premier League is vitally important in determining how much prize money a club is entitled to, every Championship club will receive the same fixed Basic Award and Solidarity Payment, which arrives as part of an agreement between the EFL and the Premier League."
From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:59 - Feb 9 with 1336 views_

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:52 - Feb 9 by LeonWasGod

Absolute bullshit, that's as much of a reply that deserves.

Entitled bunch of clueless idiots

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 17:54 - Feb 9 with 1223 viewsDr_Winston

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 13:46 - Feb 9 by Headmaster

And that's the key. They're just focused on the financial side regardless of how that affects the football side. You can't run a football club like any other business because both finance and football are intertwined.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. They're not fit to run a football club because they haven't got a clue about football. It's a shambles. They leave all the business to the last day of the window and we come out of it looking like a bunch of amateurs. Because they are.

At some point you have to be certain that there's still going to be a football club to run.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 18:31 - Feb 9 with 1172 viewsvetchonian

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 11:08 - Feb 9 by _

I'm sorry but that is a superb update and is basically everything I have been trying to explain to most on here.

Does this mean I wholeheartedly trust them, no, it doesn't

But does it mean I still think this way of working is our best hope? Without one doubt I do.

And this march today is sheer nonsense

And funnily he agreed that the structure of the Dan James deal was not good for the club something I was salted for on another thread

Slated for even!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 18:36]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 18:36 - Feb 9 with 1156 viewsunion_jack

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 18:31 - Feb 9 by vetchonian

And funnily he agreed that the structure of the Dan James deal was not good for the club something I was salted for on another thread

Slated for even!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 18:36]

Yes, you were peppered with criticism if I recall correctly😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 18:42 - Feb 9 with 1125 viewsvetchonian

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 12:44 - Feb 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

A superb statement would say we have the resources to support the club and invest for the future.

This is not a superb statement.

The club has been fooked up.

Yes let's not forget Huw Jenkins justified the sale of the shares as these guys have the financial clout to protect the club and take it to the "next leve"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 18:52 - Feb 9 with 1093 viewsairedale

From the boardroom b0ll0cks on 18:36 - Feb 9 by union_jack

Yes, you were peppered with criticism if I recall correctly😉

Yes, we’ll it that time of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024