Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move 09:57 - Feb 24 with 6051 viewsthornabyswan

Just breaking into the first team and he comes out with this.
Very disrespectful to the club that his paying his wages.
Being reported in the Daily Record couple of others have picked up on it as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:16 - Feb 24 with 3415 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's be honest, I couldn't name one Swansea player who wouldn't want to move on if they had the chance. We're only heading in one direction, why would they want to spend valuable years of their very short careers with a club on such a big decline?

I am sure George and his colleagues know that the likes of Fer will be off in the Summer, and George will know the quality of the players coming up from the youth team to replace these senior players isn't as good.

This season was our best chance of going back up, yet many fans are happy to see Graham Potter waste it whilst playing Kyle Naughton in midfield.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 10:16]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 3392 viewsjasper_T

He's not even a true Scotsman.
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:22 - Feb 24 with 3367 viewsthornabyswan

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:16 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's be honest, I couldn't name one Swansea player who wouldn't want to move on if they had the chance. We're only heading in one direction, why would they want to spend valuable years of their very short careers with a club on such a big decline?

I am sure George and his colleagues know that the likes of Fer will be off in the Summer, and George will know the quality of the players coming up from the youth team to replace these senior players isn't as good.

This season was our best chance of going back up, yet many fans are happy to see Graham Potter waste it whilst playing Kyle Naughton in midfield.

Yes but to come out and say it whilst picking up his thousands is taking the piss.
Done nothing in the game.

This kind of attitude showed on the pitch yesterday if your going to have the Billy big bollox attitude at least put some effort in on the pitch.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:23 - Feb 24 with 3363 viewshobo

I've got a lot of respect for Rangers as a club, having come a hell of a long way for a relatively new team. Let's face it though, Rangers can't afford Byers or McBurnie. They could probably snap up McKay but that's about it.
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:24 - Feb 24 with 3359 viewsunion_jack

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:16 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Dwight, for goodness sake, I’m all for being realistic. But being negative all the time and indeed positive all the time is silly. Temper it with some positive things rather than just having a go.

What you say often makes sense I’ll admit but they are only part truth. There are some good things to focus on to balance your negative views which would make your posts more credible.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:28 - Feb 24 with 3339 viewsbuilthjack

Potter wasted it ?
Haven't you noticed that the majority of the squad departed and Potter was given about £5m and a load of youngsters?
If he had got us back up this season he would be manager of the century.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:32 - Feb 24 with 3314 viewsThe_E20

Byers has never made a secret of it. He has been very open about his desire to play for a bigger club, he said he wants to play for a club in the Champions League too, I’m sure he wasn’t referring to us with that...

What shocks me though, is how shocked people get by stuff like this. It’s modern football.
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:38 - Feb 24 with 3288 viewsunion_jack

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:32 - Feb 24 by The_E20

Byers has never made a secret of it. He has been very open about his desire to play for a bigger club, he said he wants to play for a club in the Champions League too, I’m sure he wasn’t referring to us with that...

What shocks me though, is how shocked people get by stuff like this. It’s modern football.

And modern day football is / should be supported by a slick PR machine. There are ways of saying it whilst keeping both sides happy.

I’ve not read the article so my comment above is more a general statement rather than specific to this issue.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:39 - Feb 24 with 3285 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:28 - Feb 24 by builthjack

Potter wasted it ?
Haven't you noticed that the majority of the squad departed and Potter was given about £5m and a load of youngsters?
If he had got us back up this season he would be manager of the century.

Yes that's right, he's wasted this opportunity. I'm not saying I expected us to go up, however I did expect our manager to make a good go of it. Most teams in this league spend very little in the Summer and rely on youngsters, that should not be an excuse. On paper this side should not be performing as poorly as it is.

His team selections and tactics are among the worst we've seen in a very long time as well. Yes the likes of Bob Bradley were poor but in his defence he was up against world class opposition most weeks, not playing Rotherham at home.

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:39 - Feb 24 with 3285 viewsjasper_T

If Rangers is the height of his ambition we should get shot now.

McBurnie said similar and had the option to go there but signed a new contract here instead. Rangers fans talk their club up but they know their bread is buttered in the English leagues where they'll earn far more money.
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:48 - Feb 24 with 3258 viewsbuilthjack

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:39 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes that's right, he's wasted this opportunity. I'm not saying I expected us to go up, however I did expect our manager to make a good go of it. Most teams in this league spend very little in the Summer and rely on youngsters, that should not be an excuse. On paper this side should not be performing as poorly as it is.

His team selections and tactics are among the worst we've seen in a very long time as well. Yes the likes of Bob Bradley were poor but in his defence he was up against world class opposition most weeks, not playing Rotherham at home.

I agree that on the odd occasion he has picked one or two out of position.
But other than that, he has worked wonders in getting us to mid table and the quarter finals of the f.a. cup, given what has been throw not at him. The club was raped and pillaged for goodness sake. Virtually all first team players gone .
Well done Mr Potter.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 11:04 - Feb 24 with 3195 viewsjackrmee

If Byers is a Rangers fan and he was asked a question by a Scottish paper, then would you expect him to lie and say, no I don't want to ever play for Rangers.
Perspective people!
People have dreams. Rangers have a massive history. Him saying he'd like to play for them one day, when prompted with the question is normal. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for Swansea, or doesn't love being here.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 3188 viewsjackrmee

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 10:39 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Utter nonsense.

His tactics are creative and refreshing. Once the players learn them properly, we will be running rings round people in this league.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 11:26 - Feb 24 with 3135 viewsThrasher6

If Byers is a Rangers fan and he was asked a question by a Scottish paper, then would you expect him to lie and say, no I don't want to ever play for Rangers.
Perspective people!
People have dreams. Rangers have a massive history. Him saying he'd like to play for them one day, when prompted with the question is normal. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for Swansea, or doesn't love being here.

This...
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 11:27]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 12:50 - Feb 24 with 2953 viewsBadlands

Never once heard the likes of Rutledge, Naughton, Williams, Taylor, Chico, Mudler, Nordfeldt Allen, etc to so excited about the prospect of playing elsewhere other than ... 'maybe in the future'.
Getting a bit cheesed off with some of out youngsters thinking they are god's gift because they've been given the backing and the chance to shine with us.

As for the OP comment, 'Let's be honest, I couldn't name one Swansea player who wouldn't want to move on if they had the chance.'
That is true of any player given the right money. But I presume its just another dig at our club.
Sad.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 12:52]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 12:58 - Feb 24 with 2911 viewsBillyChong

Byers needs to put a shift in before coming out with such nonsense. Comes across as a bit of a big head, his work rate was awful at times in the Brentford game. He barely looked forward yesterday either, opted for the easy ball every time.
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 12:59 - Feb 24 with 2908 viewsjack2jack

Aye but we don't play on paper.
And how do you think this season, was our best chance of going back up.really your on a wind up Dwight, gotta be.
I'll leave it there for now, oh and cheer up FFS.👍
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:15 - Feb 24 with 2858 viewsBadlands

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 12:58 - Feb 24 by BillyChong

Byers needs to put a shift in before coming out with such nonsense. Comes across as a bit of a big head, his work rate was awful at times in the Brentford game. He barely looked forward yesterday either, opted for the easy ball every time.

Not the brightest apparently.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:38 - Feb 24 with 2805 viewsploppy

My thoughts exactly. When the going gets tough ...
George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:45 - Feb 24 with 2775 viewsLoyal

You have no perception of loyalty or relationships.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 2773 viewsLohengrin

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 11:04 - Feb 24 by jackrmee

Perspective people!

I’ve no problem with what he said at all. If I had been plying my trade up north somewhere and was asked if I would like to play for Swansea should the opportunity arise in the future...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:46 - Feb 24 with 2771 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 12:59 - Feb 24 by jack2jack

Aye but we don't play on paper.
And how do you think this season, was our best chance of going back up.really your on a wind up Dwight, gotta be.
I'll leave it there for now, oh and cheer up FFS.👍

Because next season we'll have £20,000,000 less to play with (or whatever the exact figure is), then the season after that we'll have even less.

Then the parachute money will eventually run out, and we'll have nothing but our pitiful second tier television, commercial and ticket revenue to survive with.

Remember well still likely be in debt from the gross mismanagement over the past few years. The likes of Van Der Hoorn, Fer, Olsson and even the likes of Naughton will be gone. We won't have money to adequately replace these. It will be more youth players and more players rejected by other teams, such as Barry McKay and Asoro.

That's why this season is our best chance. The odds of a Roberto Martinez / Kevin Reeves figure bringing in a number of Premier League quality players for us to grow with like what happened last time are slim to none.

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 14:06 - Feb 24 with 2716 viewsChief

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:46 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Because next season we'll have £20,000,000 less to play with (or whatever the exact figure is), then the season after that we'll have even less.

Then the parachute money will eventually run out, and we'll have nothing but our pitiful second tier television, commercial and ticket revenue to survive with.

Remember well still likely be in debt from the gross mismanagement over the past few years. The likes of Van Der Hoorn, Fer, Olsson and even the likes of Naughton will be gone. We won't have money to adequately replace these. It will be more youth players and more players rejected by other teams, such as Barry McKay and Asoro.

That's why this season is our best chance. The odds of a Roberto Martinez / Kevin Reeves figure bringing in a number of Premier League quality players for us to grow with like what happened last time are slim to none.

Agreed.

If our owners had any ambition of challenging for promotion, this year should have been the one. it's only going to get more difficult as more senior players leave and the income reduces.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 14:12 - Feb 24 with 2703 viewsjackrmee

He hasn't just come out with it though, he was asked a question about Rangers, the team he supports.
Do you expect him to lie?

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 14:16 - Feb 24 with 2695 viewsjackrmee

George Byers Rangers would be a dream move on 13:46 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Which premier league quality players did Martinez bring in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024