Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread 19:13 - Feb 27 with 28738 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 12:52]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 09:03 - Mar 3 with 2102 viewsDrGonzo

For my ten pound a year I expect in depth analysis of each game with full match stats and a vlog. Shame on you ECB.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 09:16 - Mar 3 with 2089 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 09:03 - Mar 3 by DrGonzo

For my ten pound a year I expect in depth analysis of each game with full match stats and a vlog. Shame on you ECB.

I am suitably chastised.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 2075 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 21:15 - Mar 2 by Dr_Winston

The biggest frustration is something Uxy alluded to. When we do move the ball quickly and with purpose we look a much better side. Question is why we fail to do that so often.

We have players capable of doing it, otherwise it wouldn't happen at all. So we have to ask ourselves why it doesn't happen more often. Sadly I have to think to a certain degree that's how the team are being set up to play.

The simple lack of anyone left on the halfway line when we're defending a corner speaks to an innate cautiousness about the way the players are being instructed to approach games.

But surely we would be stuffed without Dyer and James in the box to head the ball away?

Plus we wouldn't want to make two of the opposition's taller players have to stay back. That's crazy talk.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 1970 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 21:15 - Mar 2 by Dr_Winston

The biggest frustration is something Uxy alluded to. When we do move the ball quickly and with purpose we look a much better side. Question is why we fail to do that so often.

We have players capable of doing it, otherwise it wouldn't happen at all. So we have to ask ourselves why it doesn't happen more often. Sadly I have to think to a certain degree that's how the team are being set up to play.

The simple lack of anyone left on the halfway line when we're defending a corner speaks to an innate cautiousness about the way the players are being instructed to approach games.

I would have thought leaving Dan James on the halfway line while we’re defending a no brained. Any decent punt from defence upfield and he’d beat anyone to the ball. Crazy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 11:09 - Mar 3 with 1935 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 09:03 - Mar 3 by DrGonzo

Fiver for me so a one liners an ok.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 11:14 - Mar 3 with 1939 viewsjasper_T

Dan James doesn't score that goal against Brentford if he's parked on the halfway line.

They thought there was no danger and pushed everyone up, leaving 2/3rds of the pitch empty to run into.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 12:19 - Mar 3 with 1864 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 11:14 - Mar 3 by jasper_T

Dan James doesn't score that goal against Brentford if he's parked on the halfway line.

They thought there was no danger and pushed everyone up, leaving 2/3rds of the pitch empty to run into.

True but goals like that are far and few between.
The point is if we had a player up the field they would have less players attacking the corner.

And the second ball would not come back so regularly the tactic makes little sense to me.

But neither did freezing out Dyer and Routeledge earlier in the season.
Or not playing Narsingh or constantly rotating the keepers.

I like Potter but some of his selections and tactics have baffled me to be honest.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 1852 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 08:26 - Mar 3 by karnataka

I agree we have a team capable of playing slick football moving the ball quickly and it's great to watch when it happens but the reason why we don't do it consistently throughout a game is our appalling movement off the ball which is something I've been banging on about for a few seasons now. In the past we've had players like Leon and de Guzman who were constantly on the move and had an instinct for finding pockets of space to receive a pass from whoever had the ball wherever they were on the pitch and players were able to see they had pass options before the ball had even reached them. It's how the likes of Liverpool and Man City play all the time. Far too often, our players receive a pass, look up and there's nothing on because we are statuesque so the ball has to go backwards and the momentum has gone. It's one of the main reasons our build up and attacking play is so laboured and slow.

I wrote something similar earlier in the thread. To me this is rectified by heavily practiced drills in training where patterns and moves are ingrained into the players just like they are at the clubs you mention and others you haven’t.

No we’re not Man City or Liverpool but the players are athletes, footballers and many have good pace so we should be able to cobble something together as we have indeed in the past. This is my only criticism of Potter; he doesn’t seem to be doing this, not based on the evidence we see week in week out.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 13:12 - Mar 3 with 1809 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 22:40 - Mar 2 by exiledclaseboy

Swans won. Good drink. Not bothered about post mortems.

Not only do you not attend, you then think it's OK to post a comment on a match-day thread.
Very poor.
No wonder the Trust is so fùcked up.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 13:32 - Mar 3 with 1777 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 13:12 - Mar 3 by DafyddHuw

Not only do you not attend, you then think it's OK to post a comment on a match-day thread.
Very poor.
No wonder the Trust is so fùcked up.

Not attend? I’m confused.

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 13:45 - Mar 3 with 1765 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 23:46 - Mar 2 by Elmo

This post says it all about the quality of posts on this site. A match-day thread so lacking in insight, analysis and debate is testament to the low ebb on this forum. Poor form.

A Trust official (if my understanding is correct), whose stated focus is on fans' communication can only muster a paltry one-liner, wtf.

Surely fans deserve more from a fans forum affiliated with the fans' Trust.

Interestingly (for key stakeholders) the insightful posters have disappeared. What's left are the dregs, the ongoing turgid depressing negativity, without meaningful content, meaningful knowledge. Poor form and highly indicative. Interesting times.

Hahahahaha.

Fair play, this post is fantastic.

The Trust is now being knocked for the quality of Clasie’s post match analysis?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 14:12 - Mar 3 with 1716 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 13:45 - Mar 3 by londonlisa2001

Hahahahaha.

Fair play, this post is fantastic.

The Trust is now being knocked for the quality of Clasie’s post match analysis?

And why not they have been blamed for.

World war 2
Brexit
Laudrup getting sacked
The Cons winning the last election
Jeremy Corbyns dress sense
Not telling fans they see the books.

And now this for fukc sake get your act together or I will be withholding my £10 come next August.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 14:58 - Mar 3 with 1654 viewsdobjack2

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 11:14 - Mar 3 by jasper_T

True - teams saw his pace from that goal therefore the opposition will be aware of his positioning and react to it.

Depends how Potter wants to play it - push them out from the corner or suck them in for a quick counter.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:28 - Mar 3 with 1567 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 08:26 - Mar 3 by karnataka

I agree we have a team capable of playing slick football moving the ball quickly and it's great to watch when it happens but the reason why we don't do it consistently throughout a game is our appalling movement off the ball which is something I've been banging on about for a few seasons now. In the past we've had players like Leon and de Guzman who were constantly on the move and had an instinct for finding pockets of space to receive a pass from whoever had the ball wherever they were on the pitch and players were able to see they had pass options before the ball had even reached them. It's how the likes of Liverpool and Man City play all the time. Far too often, our players receive a pass, look up and there's nothing on because we are statuesque so the ball has to go backwards and the momentum has gone. It's one of the main reasons our build up and attacking play is so laboured and slow.

Spot on.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:31 - Mar 3 with 1559 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 14:12 - Mar 3 by thornabyswan

And why not they have been blamed for.

World war 2
Brexit
Laudrup getting sacked
The Cons winning the last election
Jeremy Corbyns dress sense
Not telling fans they see the books.

And now this for fukc sake get your act together or I will be withholding my £10 come next August.

And let's not forget the failure to preserve Andy Melville's tache.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:44 - Mar 3 with 1547 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 22:40 - Mar 2 by exiledclaseboy

Swans won. Good drink. Not bothered about post mortems.

Wonderful ! .bit like being on the trust.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:50 - Mar 3 with 1542 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:44 - Mar 3 by Flashberryjack

Wonderful ! .bit like being on the trust.

In what way, Flash?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:57 - Mar 3 with 1528 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:50 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

In what way, Flash?

Not bothered.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:58 - Mar 3 with 1526 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 16:57 - Mar 3 by Flashberryjack

Not bothered.

About what?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 17:01 - Mar 3 with 1522 viewsmonmouth

We don't try to do anything like that at all as a rule though. If we were fast breaking and tried to get possession and play that way I would agree, but our 'go to' tactic stuck in my mind is to just hoof it back up the field back to them or into touch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 12:33 - Mar 4 with 1310 viewsjasper_T

We gave them such a hiding they've shut the gates. Training centre is closed up, not a soul around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024