Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain petition 17:22 - Mar 21 with 30948 viewsbudegan

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
Remain petition on 20:24 - Mar 26 with 1713 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government has now responded to the petition by reprinting the statement Theresa May’s been making every other day since September. There’s a little fib in para three. See if you can spot it.

Debate on 1 April. All entirely cosmetic of course.

“It remains the Government’s firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.

The Government acknowledges the considerable number of people who have signed this petition. However, close to three quarters of the electorate took part in the 2016 referendum, trusting that the result would be respected. This Government wrote to every household prior to the referendum, promising that the outcome of the referendum would be implemented. 17.4 million people then voted to leave the European Union, providing the biggest democratic mandate for any course of action ever directed at UK Government.

British people cast their votes once again in the 2017 General Election where over 80% of those who voted, voted for parties, including the Opposition, who committed in their manifestos to upholding the result of the referendum.

This Government stands by this commitment.

Revoking Article 50 would break the promises made by Government to the British people, disrespect the clear instruction from a democratic vote, and in turn, reduce confidence in our democracy. As the Prime Minister has said, failing to deliver Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”, and it is imperative that people can trust their Government to respect their votes and deliver the best outcome for them.”

Poll: Tory leader

Remain petition on 20:35 - Mar 26 with 1696 viewswaynekerr55

Remain petition on 20:24 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

The government has now responded to the petition by reprinting the statement Theresa May’s been making every other day since September. There’s a little fib in para three. See if you can spot it.

“It remains the Government’s firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.

Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.

The Government acknowledges the considerable number of people who have signed this petition. However, close to three quarters of the electorate took part in the 2016 referendum, trusting that the result would be respected. This Government wrote to every household prior to the referendum, promising that the outcome of the referendum would be implemented. 17.4 million people then voted to leave the European Union, providing the biggest democratic mandate for any course of action ever directed at UK Government.

British people cast their votes once again in the 2017 General Election where over 80% of those who voted, voted for parties, including the Opposition, who committed in their manifestos to upholding the result of the referendum.

Revoking Article 50 would break the promises made by Government to the British people, disrespect the clear instruction from a democratic vote, and in turn, reduce confidence in our democracy. As the Prime Minister has said, failing to deliver Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”, and it is imperative that people can trust their Government to respect their votes and deliver the best outcome for them.”

Close to 75%?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Remain petition on 20:37 - Mar 26 with 1691 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 20:35 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

Close to 75%?

72 is close enough to 75.

Remain petition on 20:37 - Mar 26 with 1690 viewsLeonWasGod

Remain petition on 20:24 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

Madness. Not sure what the small lie is - biggest mandate being misleading as the margin was small? Promises made by previous govt?

Promises my arse. Ignoring the fact it’s a glasshouse built on lies, deception and illegal activities.
Remain petition on 20:47 - Mar 26 with 1680 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 20:37 - Mar 26 by LeonWasGod

Madness. Not sure what the small lie is - biggest mandate being misleading as the margin was small? Promises made by previous govt?

Promises my arse. Ignoring the fact it’s a glasshouse built on lies, deception and illegal activities.

It’s only a little one but it’s more likely incompetence than a fib. “This government” didn’t write to anyone prior to the referendum. It was the previous one. Yes, I am very pedantic.

Remain petition on 20:48 - Mar 26 with 1677 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 20:37 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

72 is close enough to 75.

It’s neither the biggest mandate in terms of numbers nor percentage of the population eligible to vote.

They continue to pretend it is because they are (a) thick as sh*t or (b) so convinced the people supporting them are thick as sh*t they think they won’t notice.

The funny thing about the irritation brexit supporters have with remainers supposedly saying they are thick is that the people actually making that assumption repeatedly are the leaders of the pro Brexit groups. People like that silly boy Grimes who is sure that the people he’s appealing to won’t know Switzerland is in Schengen and won’t understand the difference between people and goods.
Remain petition on 20:49 - Mar 26 with 1672 viewslondonlisa2001

Remain petition on 20:47 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

It’s only a little one but it’s more likely incompetence than a fib. “This government” didn’t write to anyone prior to the referendum. It was the previous one. Yes, I am very pedantic.

There are two lies then. I mentioned the other one.
Remain petition on 20:51 - Mar 26 with 1665 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 20:49 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

There are two lies then. I mentioned the other one.

Fair enough. Mine was just pedantry, yours has more substance.

Login to get fewer ads

Remain petition on 20:51 - Mar 26 with 1665 viewsbluey_the_blue

It's ok.

ECB with his reassuringly expensive tastes i negotiating post Brexit trade deals.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/26/the-16m-new-york-penthouse-fit-
Remain petition on 20:55 - Mar 26 with 1659 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain petition on 20:51 - Mar 26 by bluey_the_blue

It's ok.

ECB with his reassuringly expensive tastes i negotiating post Brexit trade deals.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/26/the-16m-new-york-penthouse-fit-

If I get a Premier Inn these days I’m lucky. Hotel I had last time I was in Brussels was nice but I had to pay for my own breakfast. Outrageous.

Remain petition (n/t) on 21:02 - Mar 26 with 1644 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Surely the mandate is the winning margin?

Which wasn't much in percentage terms.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 21:03]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Remain petition on 21:31 - Mar 26 with 1607 viewsJack59

Remain petition on 15:36 - Mar 26 by costalotta

Im not sure i understand why you'd vote for Leave based on what you said. It seems your saying we're in a mess (a mess of our own doing) so, to fix it you want to make things worse? That seems a bit nuclear!

I was very naïve in thinking that politicians from all parties would honour the democratic will of the people.
That's what would have happened when there were certain standards pre-internet. Now, anything goes.
Democracy is living out it's final days, All the leading countries of the world will be right wing dictatorships within 20 years.

I gave my reasons for changing my mind in earlier posts.
Remain petition on 21:51 - Mar 26 with 1584 viewsjack_lord

Remain petition on 21:31 - Mar 26 by Jack59

I was very naïve in thinking that politicians from all parties would honour the democratic will of the people.
That's what would have happened when there were certain standards pre-internet. Now, anything goes.
Democracy is living out it's final days, All the leading countries of the world will be right wing dictatorships within 20 years.

Democratic will of the people of those that voted on that particular day.
Democracy lives where decisions can be overturned.
If this was pre internet then most of the voters would not be fuelled with the lies that have flooded people's minds.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Remain petition on 22:01 - Mar 26 with 1574 viewsJack59

Remain petition on 21:51 - Mar 26 by jack_lord

Democratic will of the people of those that voted on that particular day.
Democracy lives where decisions can be overturned.
If this was pre internet then most of the voters would not be fuelled with the lies that have flooded people's minds.

The demographics don't back you up on that! Time to accept it and move on.
Remain petition on 22:13 - Mar 26 with 1549 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 22:01 - Mar 26 by Jack59

The demographics don't back you up on that! Time to accept it and move on.

You farkin’ what?
Remain petition on 22:18 - Mar 26 with 1542 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Remain petition on 21:31 - Mar 26 by Jack59

What happened pre internet was that politicians avoided questions that they were fearful of the answers to.

Up until 2015 all opinion polls showed a majority in favour of the death penalty. Thankfully the will of the people wasn’t enacted as the question wasn’t asked in a referendum. Cameron was stupid enough to ask the Brexit question in order to lance the boil of the right wing of his party.

He won’t make any bigger mistakes ever.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Remain petition on 22:37 - Mar 26 with 1514 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 22:18 - Mar 26 by Joe_bradshaw

What happened pre internet was that politicians avoided questions that they were fearful of the answers to.

Up until 2015 all opinion polls showed a majority in favour of the death penalty. Thankfully the will of the people wasn’t enacted as the question wasn’t asked in a referendum. Cameron was stupid enough to ask the Brexit question in order to lance the boil of the right wing of his party.

He won’t make any bigger mistakes ever.

Agreed. Taking of referendums, in Wales we had them on the question of whether pubs should open on a Sunday. Fortunately they were repeated every seven years until Cardiganshire eventually saw sense. Long ago so may be mistaken.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain petition on 22:42 - Mar 26 with 1505 viewshowenjack

Remain petition on 16:35 - Mar 26 by Wingstandwood

I've come on here and said previously that mass immigration has been a political tool to drive down wages and working conditions. It is IMO a right wing policy that Thatcher would have loved! I know exactly what I'm talking about along with many others that have worked in the construction industry.

I listened to Peter Hitchens on YouTube a few weeks back, I was surprised with what he came out with. I always thought he was a right wing type and even he admitted that mass immigration was disastrous and had been blatantly implemented to lower wages.

It has severely hit the living standards of the U.K population. And yep, it's the working class that has taken the hit and suffered the most. It's not the more affluent middle class types living in remain areas that have.

Brexit vote was a scream of despair, rebellion, anti-political-establishment uprising and two fingers up to politicians! And the fact is imo, the Tories were wrongfooted thinking the remain vote would have had a landslide victory in the referendum.

1 :11:53 in
Remain petition on 23:02 - Mar 26 with 1484 viewsWingstandwood

Remain petition on 22:42 - Mar 26 by howenjack

We're living in a day and age where people cannot access N.H.S dentists, people have got to jump through hoops (triage system) to get a G.P appointment, where ambulances fail to turn up etc, etc, etc.

But yet? Some want zero limits to immigration that would put even more intolerable pressure on public services. Controlled immigration is great especially when it benefits the N.H.S but things have got totally out of hand.

FFS one third of big issue sellers are now East European, there is one selling the magazine regularly outside Home-Bargains Gorseinon, hardly a great endorsement/advertisement for having even greater numbers.

Argus!

Remain petition on 23:17 - Mar 26 with 1449 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 22:42 - Mar 26 by howenjack

Thick Brexiter posts cancer cure charlatan and failed Ukipper on Nutjob TV link. 😂

You. Stupid. Fûcking. Cûnt.
Remain petition on 09:46 - Mar 27 with 1328 viewschad

Remain petition on 14:43 - Mar 26 by costalotta

You make it sound like Cameron was in the subservient position. He wasn't, we were not. We are, well were one of the major players in a club. If the MAJORITY in that club agree on something it will happen, if they don't and annoy one of its members, that member can leave. The club owes nothing to the member that leaves.

Basically we've thrown our toys out of the pram, taken our ball home. But our mates in the park have plenty of balls, literally!

What about looking at it a different way, reform from within to make Europe better, rather than a relationship with ones own party better, in fact a minority in that party. Most certainly a minority in the house.

Europe is for us all. Its a partnership amongst equals!

Europe (I am sure you actually mean the private members EU Club, where potential new members are often blackballed, rather than the geographic area that has been round a tad longer) isn’t apparently for us all. Africa for instance or Turkey perhaps.

Otherwise sounds great

Let’s try it for the best part of half a century then have a vote amongst equals here to see if we think it is still working for us.

Let’s see if they are happy to let us go in that manner of fairness and balance.

Or is that the way The EU swings too, those who kick their heels the hardest get their own way

I don’t suppose there are any sub interest groups amongst the EU equals are there?
Remain petition on 09:57 - Mar 27 with 1313 viewschad

Remain petition on 09:08 - Mar 26 by costalotta

That is a very interesting. Admit only a cursory look but wow.

I think its now obvious to all, even the ostriches that the public has changed its opinion! Momentum too.

Assuming no duplicate voting and that everyone who has voted is eligible.

Still not seeing the relevance of this stat which just seems muddled and not making clear relevant comparisons

Perhaps you could elucidate the wow factor please. Be genuinely interested to understand
Remain petition on 10:08 - Mar 27 with 1303 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition to be debate 1st April. Top trolling!
Remain petition on 10:20 - Mar 27 with 1284 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 09:57 - Mar 27 by chad

Assuming no duplicate voting and that everyone who has voted is eligible.

Still not seeing the relevance of this stat which just seems muddled and not making clear relevant comparisons

Perhaps you could elucidate the wow factor please. Be genuinely interested to understand

Given the apparent split throughout our country on this issue and the fact that nearly 6m people have got off their arses to express an opinion and the mobilisation of the effort is wow. This given the result of the Ref 3 years earlier, with a different parliament and under different conditions. Its extraordinary that its still fighting the right fight.

Now, as leaver its clearly not what you want to hear, I understand that. It must get under your skin, Your frightened you might loose Brexit! Again i understand. But I am sure you will agree, as you are clearly an intelligent person, the will of the people will come through in the end. For me, it was a huge step in that direction.

Also, this is people willing parliament on and supporting them with intelligence, humour, humility and momentum.

Whether you see a relevance or not is completely irrelevant to those 6m.
Remain petition on 10:21 - Mar 27 with 1281 viewslonglostjack

Remain petition on 09:46 - Mar 27 by chad

Europe (I am sure you actually mean the private members EU Club, where potential new members are often blackballed, rather than the geographic area that has been round a tad longer) isn’t apparently for us all. Africa for instance or Turkey perhaps.

Otherwise sounds great

Let’s try it for the best part of half a century then have a vote amongst equals here to see if we think it is still working for us.

Let’s see if they are happy to let us go in that manner of fairness and balance.

Or is that the way The EU swings too, those who kick their heels the hardest get their own way

I don’t suppose there are any sub interest groups amongst the EU equals are there?

Nobody did more heel clicking than the UK. This resulted in a range of opt outs and rebates. Interestingly the UK has been dragging it's feet and obstructing EU measures to clamp down on tax havens. I wonder why that could be?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024