Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays game sums up our season. 19:04 - Mar 30 with 2026 viewsdickythorpe

Losing games because we have no idea how to defend at set pieces.
We have not learned lessons.
We are not feared either. Despite all the ridiculous praise we still can get from time to time, we still don't worry opposition teams and their fans.

League One beckons if we don't learn ,forget about funds and recruitment, if our coaches can't see our problems you can bet our opposition will!!!
Todays game sums up our season. on 19:40 - Mar 30 with 1957 viewsLandore_Jack

Defensively we are shambolic. No dominant centre backs and full backs that do not stop crosses. We will struggle next season if Potter does not address it. Basic mistakes that our defenders cannot seem to learn from is hurting us.

#backtojack

Todays game sums up our season. on 19:49 - Mar 30 with 1928 viewsDippy

Can't defend set pieces and a goalie who flaps at a high ball.. plus McBurnie is a square peg.. same every week, since the first game.. still not addressed, but it's Potter, not allowed to criticise him

Poll: Cooper Out

Todays game sums up our season. on 19:54 - Mar 30 with 1909 viewsGlyn1

A question for the statisticians.

How many points have we lost after being ahead?

How many points have we won after being behind?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Todays game sums up our season. on 19:57 - Mar 30 with 1899 viewsjasper_T

As Potter said in his post-match, sometimes the other team is just bigger than you. You need to spend a lot of money to get a team of talented footballers who are also capable of physically competing with O'Neil & Pulis-type sides on set pieces. Mourinho spent hundreds of millions ensuring he only had so many players under 6' in his lineups.

We're always going to be vulnerable to defeats like today if we don't capitalise on pressure and score more goals. In this league even more than the PL, when it felt like every corner we conceded led to a goal some seasons.

At least we're not conceding the same back post routine every time now. Baby steps?
Todays game sums up our season. on 20:02 - Mar 30 with 1879 viewsDippy

Todays game sums up our season. on 19:57 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

As Potter said in his post-match, sometimes the other team is just bigger than you. You need to spend a lot of money to get a team of talented footballers who are also capable of physically competing with O'Neil & Pulis-type sides on set pieces. Mourinho spent hundreds of millions ensuring he only had so many players under 6' in his lineups.

We're always going to be vulnerable to defeats like today if we don't capitalise on pressure and score more goals. In this league even more than the PL, when it felt like every corner we conceded led to a goal some seasons.

At least we're not conceding the same back post routine every time now. Baby steps?

I don't know.. having a goalie who can't command his 6 yard box hasn't helped

Poll: Cooper Out

Todays game sums up our season. on 20:09 - Mar 30 with 1857 viewsthornabyswan

13 goals conceded from corners now.
Norwich and Preston on 12.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Todays game sums up our season. on 20:26 - Mar 30 with 1791 viewsjasper_T

Todays game sums up our season. on 20:09 - Mar 30 by thornabyswan

See. Just need Pukki up front and we'd be fine. Loan next season after Norwich buy a whole new team?
Todays game sums up our season. on 21:17 - Mar 30 with 1676 viewsThrasher6

I'm a massive fan of Potter...but there just seems to be a complete shying away from a problem that is there for all to see. Defending set pieces has to be coached....and it aint happening on a level that is acceptable in this league. It aint rocket science....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays game sums up our season. on 22:59 - Mar 30 with 1500 viewslonglostjack

Good post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Todays game sums up our season. on 23:02 - Mar 30 with 1494 viewsPentyrchJack

I agree Dicky. I was at the game today and we should have returned home with the 3 points in the bag. We just can't defend set pieces and, without wishing to bring it back up, this zonal marking is rubbish. The body positions are all wrong too - back to the goal is the only way to defend an attaching ball. Plus a goalkeeper who is superglued to his goal line and who doesn't boss the box or shout at his players to organise them. I really like Potter and I'm surprised he hasn't worked on this.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Todays game sums up our season. on 23:23 - Mar 30 with 1432 viewslonglostjack

Todays game sums up our season. on 23:02 - Mar 30 by PentyrchJack

I agree Dicky. I was at the game today and we should have returned home with the 3 points in the bag. We just can't defend set pieces and, without wishing to bring it back up, this zonal marking is rubbish. The body positions are all wrong too - back to the goal is the only way to defend an attaching ball. Plus a goalkeeper who is superglued to his goal line and who doesn't boss the box or shout at his players to organise them. I really like Potter and I'm surprised he hasn't worked on this.

Quite right. Nordfeld is a good shot stopper but can’t command the box. If only the Yanks could have used their excellent contacts in the financial world to keep Fabianski.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Todays game sums up our season. on 08:48 - Mar 31 with 1224 viewsWhiterockin

We lose matches because we don't score enough when we are on top.
Todays game sums up our season. on 08:52 - Mar 31 with 1208 viewsGlyn1

Todays game sums up our season. on 23:23 - Mar 30 by longlostjack

Quite right. Nordfeld is a good shot stopper but can’t command the box. If only the Yanks could have used their excellent contacts in the financial world to keep Fabianski.

Fabianski is too good to play in the Champioship. He would never have stayed at Swansea.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Todays game sums up our season. on 09:24 - Mar 31 with 1155 viewsItchySphincter

You’ve always refused to acknowledge how pathetic we are at defending the six yard box. It’s as if you’ve never been crushed by watching it time after time?????

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Todays game sums up our season. on 09:28 - Mar 31 with 1149 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Todays game sums up our season. on 08:48 - Mar 31 by Whiterockin

We lose matches because we don't score enough when we are on top.

Another good point well made. I was listening on the radio and there was no noise from the Forest fans apart from one bloke screaming “get hold of the bloody ball” , so dominant we were. Our trouble all season has been that we don’t turn defence into attack anywhere near quickly enough. We then just crab around the box taking powder puff shots or losing possession. It’s wearing me out to be honest, losing games to technically inferior opposition.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Todays game sums up our season. on 09:38 - Mar 31 with 1137 viewsFireboy2

Todays game sums up our season. on 09:28 - Mar 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Another good point well made. I was listening on the radio and there was no noise from the Forest fans apart from one bloke screaming “get hold of the bloody ball” , so dominant we were. Our trouble all season has been that we don’t turn defence into attack anywhere near quickly enough. We then just crab around the box taking powder puff shots or losing possession. It’s wearing me out to be honest, losing games to technically inferior opposition.

Thats what grips my sh!t, we win the ball back and instead of playing a ball forward quickly to try and make a break we turn it back to so we can keep possession.

Perhaps its whats been drummed into them by GP, whilst its good to watch us keep the ball we do need to look up after winning the bal and play it forward to try and hit the opposition on the break.
Todays game sums up our season. on 10:12 - Mar 31 with 1093 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Todays game sums up our season. on 09:38 - Mar 31 by Fireboy2

Thats what grips my sh!t, we win the ball back and instead of playing a ball forward quickly to try and make a break we turn it back to so we can keep possession.

Perhaps its whats been drummed into them by GP, whilst its good to watch us keep the ball we do need to look up after winning the bal and play it forward to try and hit the opposition on the break.

Unfortunately, as good a player as grimes is he doesn’t have that all important ability to turn fldefence quickly into attack. It’s a crime considering we have the fastest player in the championship just chomping at the bit waiting for a quick through ball or one over the top for him to run on to.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Todays game sums up our season. on 10:12 - Mar 31 with 1092 viewsunion_jack

Todays game sums up our season. on 09:38 - Mar 31 by Fireboy2

This, this, this!!!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Todays game sums up our season. on 11:05 - Mar 31 with 1028 viewstheloneranger

Todays game sums up our season. on 20:09 - Mar 30 by thornabyswan

We've conceded 17 goals from set pieces this season ...

Yet we've only scored 7 goals ourselves, for all the corners and free kicks we win.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 12:28]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Todays game sums up our season. on 15:58 - Mar 31 with 854 viewsdickythorpe

No opposition team fears us.
Todays game sums up our season. on 16:57 - Mar 31 with 823 viewsmonmouth

Todays game sums up our season. on 15:58 - Mar 31 by dickythorpe

No opposition team fears us.

I fear us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Todays game sums up our season. on 17:21 - Mar 31 with 786 viewsdickythorpe

Todays game sums up our season. on 16:57 - Mar 31 by monmouth

I fear us.

I smell fear, and I can smell league one.....unless some ambition is shown and basic mistakes worked on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024