Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain petition 17:22 - Mar 21 with 30910 viewsbudegan

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
Remain petition on 14:20 - Mar 26 with 1512 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 14:07 - Mar 26 by costalotta

"All of this could have been avoided, if only they'd thrown a few crumbs to Cameron."

Would that be to pacify the eurospectics in his party or for the better of our country ?

IMO, it would have won Remain the referendum.

All Eu had to do was hail Cameron's agreement as a success for all parties. Instead EU officials, national leaders openly mocked the agreement along with Cameron himself.

We ended up with a scenario where Cameron was campaigning to remain in an organisation that was taking the p1ss out of him rather than marketing a deal arranged, showing UK had influence.
Remain petition on 14:20 - Mar 26 with 1512 viewsAce_Jack

Remain petition on 14:01 - Mar 26 by Jack59

No, In view of the way things are shaping up across Europe, a clean break would be as good as anything. There's going to be a number of very poor years ahead whether we're in e EU or out of it. WTO is fine by me even though it means disruption.

All of this could have been avoided, if only they'd thrown a few crumbs to Cameron.

So you want to preempt an EU economic disaster that you think will happen by throwing the UK economy into a disaster of it's own making.

Good one. Never seen so many morons willing to cut off their nose to spite the face.

If WTO is fine, why does no country on earth trade solely under them?
Remain petition on 14:27 - Mar 26 with 1501 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 14:20 - Mar 26 by Ace_Jack

So you want to preempt an EU economic disaster that you think will happen by throwing the UK economy into a disaster of it's own making.

Good one. Never seen so many morons willing to cut off their nose to spite the face.

If WTO is fine, why does no country on earth trade solely under them?

WTO is fine as a stopgap.
Remain petition on 14:42 - Mar 26 with 1480 viewsAce_Jack

Remain petition on 14:27 - Mar 26 by bluey_the_blue

A fine stopgap indeed. In the meantime, enjoy a contracting economy and medicine shortages.

How long do you think it will take to replace all 47 active trade deals that we are currently part of?
Remain petition on 14:43 - Mar 26 with 1479 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 14:20 - Mar 26 by bluey_the_blue

IMO, it would have won Remain the referendum.

All Eu had to do was hail Cameron's agreement as a success for all parties. Instead EU officials, national leaders openly mocked the agreement along with Cameron himself.

We ended up with a scenario where Cameron was campaigning to remain in an organisation that was taking the p1ss out of him rather than marketing a deal arranged, showing UK had influence.

You make it sound like Cameron was in the subservient position. He wasn't, we were not. We are, well were one of the major players in a club. If the MAJORITY in that club agree on something it will happen, if they don't and annoy one of its members, that member can leave. The club owes nothing to the member that leaves.

Basically we've thrown our toys out of the pram, taken our ball home. But our mates in the park have plenty of balls, literally!

What about looking at it a different way, reform from within to make Europe better, rather than a relationship with ones own party better, in fact a minority in that party. Most certainly a minority in the house.

Europe is for us all. Its a partnership amongst equals!
Remain petition on 14:54 - Mar 26 with 1458 viewsHighjack

Remain petition on 14:42 - Mar 26 by Ace_Jack

A fine stopgap indeed. In the meantime, enjoy a contracting economy and medicine shortages.

How long do you think it will take to replace all 47 active trade deals that we are currently part of?

I’m sure the countries involved will be more than willing to keep the same terms but we aren’t allowed to ask them yet as it’s illegal under Eu law for some reason.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Remain petition on 15:04 - Mar 26 with 1446 viewsWingstandwood

Remain petition on 14:43 - Mar 26 by costalotta

You make it sound like Cameron was in the subservient position. He wasn't, we were not. We are, well were one of the major players in a club. If the MAJORITY in that club agree on something it will happen, if they don't and annoy one of its members, that member can leave. The club owes nothing to the member that leaves.

Basically we've thrown our toys out of the pram, taken our ball home. But our mates in the park have plenty of balls, literally!

What about looking at it a different way, reform from within to make Europe better, rather than a relationship with ones own party better, in fact a minority in that party. Most certainly a minority in the house.

Quote: "What about looking at it a different way, reform from within to make Europe better".

Bang on! If the lunacy of open door floodgate mass immigration policy is replaced by 'controlled' immigration, great. I listened to a guy on ITV News and he said at the rate things were going the U.K would end up (excluding what has already come in) in the future with a population increase by the size of ten Birmingham's. Unsustainable, a future catastrophe in the making.

If EU members are allowed to have control to manage many of their own affairs and own destiny without being dictated what to do or not do, great.

A EU trading block, a common market, countries in partnership applying common sense is hey-o.k imo...... It's the collective of loons, bureaucrats and politicians of Kinnock(s) standard thats the problem!

Argus!

Remain petition on 15:12 - Mar 26 with 1432 viewsAce_Jack

Remain petition on 14:54 - Mar 26 by Highjack

I’m sure the countries involved will be more than willing to keep the same terms but we aren’t allowed to ask them yet as it’s illegal under Eu law for some reason.

That's not allowed under WTO rules. The Most-favoured-nation principle means we treat all countries equally under the WTO agreements. We absolutely cannot discriminate between trading partners without formal trading arrangements.
Login to get fewer ads

Remain petition on 15:13 - Mar 26 with 1431 viewsJack59

Remain petition on 14:07 - Mar 26 by costalotta

"All of this could have been avoided, if only they'd thrown a few crumbs to Cameron."

Would that be to pacify the eurospectics in his party or for the better of our country ?

It would have taken the wind out of the sails of enough eurosceptics to have ensured a good win for the remainers. and we would not now be in this mess.

As things stand now, I would leave the EU
Remain petition on 15:17 - Mar 26 with 1428 viewsHighjack

Remain petition on 15:12 - Mar 26 by Ace_Jack

That's not allowed under WTO rules. The Most-favoured-nation principle means we treat all countries equally under the WTO agreements. We absolutely cannot discriminate between trading partners without formal trading arrangements.

It would be allowed if we have a trade deal, why not just sign a deal on existing terms on exit day?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Remain petition on 15:36 - Mar 26 with 1409 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 15:13 - Mar 26 by Jack59

It would have taken the wind out of the sails of enough eurosceptics to have ensured a good win for the remainers. and we would not now be in this mess.

As things stand now, I would leave the EU

Im not sure i understand why you'd vote for Leave based on what you said. It seems your saying we're in a mess (a mess of our own doing) so, to fix it you want to make things worse? That seems a bit nuclear!
Remain petition on 15:41 - Mar 26 with 1395 viewsAce_Jack

Remain petition on 15:17 - Mar 26 by Highjack

It would be allowed if we have a trade deal, why not just sign a deal on existing terms on exit day?

Whats the point of exiting the EU if we keep the same terms? And we can't, thats exactly what this whole mess is about.
Remain petition on 15:56 - Mar 26 with 1382 viewsEbo

Remain petition on 14:27 - Mar 26 by bluey_the_blue

Yeah lets just flush 50+ existing trade deals down the toilet.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Remain petition on 15:57 - Mar 26 with 1378 viewsEbo

I doubt it. We will be fair game for any chancer out there now. They can really take the piss as they will know we are desperate. We won't hold all the strings anymore.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 15:58]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Remain petition on 16:16 - Mar 26 with 1354 viewswaynekerr55

Remain petition on 15:04 - Mar 26 by Wingstandwood

Quote: "What about looking at it a different way, reform from within to make Europe better".

Bang on! If the lunacy of open door floodgate mass immigration policy is replaced by 'controlled' immigration, great. I listened to a guy on ITV News and he said at the rate things were going the U.K would end up (excluding what has already come in) in the future with a population increase by the size of ten Birmingham's. Unsustainable, a future catastrophe in the making.

If EU members are allowed to have control to manage many of their own affairs and own destiny without being dictated what to do or not do, great.

A EU trading block, a common market, countries in partnership applying common sense is hey-o.k imo...... It's the collective of loons, bureaucrats and politicians of Kinnock(s) standard thats the problem!

This is the thing, the whole "freedom of movement means all and sundry" is bollocks. We can police the borders but chose not to due to cost...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Remain petition on 16:35 - Mar 26 with 1337 viewsWingstandwood

Remain petition on 16:16 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

This is the thing, the whole "freedom of movement means all and sundry" is bollocks. We can police the borders but chose not to due to cost...

I've come on here and said previously that mass immigration has been a political tool to drive down wages and working conditions. It is IMO a right wing policy that Thatcher would have loved! I know exactly what I'm talking about along with many others that have worked in the construction industry.

I listened to Peter Hitchens on YouTube a few weeks back, I was surprised with what he came out with. I always thought he was a right wing type and even he admitted that mass immigration was disastrous and had been blatantly implemented to lower wages.

It has severely hit the living standards of the U.K population. And yep, it's the working class that has taken the hit and suffered the most. It's not the more affluent middle class types living in remain areas that have.

Brexit vote was a scream of despair, rebellion, anti-political-establishment uprising and two fingers up to politicians! And the fact is imo, the Tories were wrongfooted thinking the remain vote would have had a landslide victory in the referendum.

Argus!

Remain petition on 16:40 - Mar 26 with 1330 viewsbluey_the_blue

Remain petition on 14:43 - Mar 26 by costalotta

How can it be a partnership amongst equals when there isn't equality?

Germany dominates as the economic powerhouse. Are Greece as equal with their cash based, tax evading economy?

EU as a loose trading block and solely that, I'd agree with. The problem has been the attempt to homogenise which simply doesn't work with the vast differences between European nations.
Remain petition on 16:56 - Mar 26 with 1311 viewswaynekerr55

Remain petition on 16:35 - Mar 26 by Wingstandwood

I've come on here and said previously that mass immigration has been a political tool to drive down wages and working conditions. It is IMO a right wing policy that Thatcher would have loved! I know exactly what I'm talking about along with many others that have worked in the construction industry.

I listened to Peter Hitchens on YouTube a few weeks back, I was surprised with what he came out with. I always thought he was a right wing type and even he admitted that mass immigration was disastrous and had been blatantly implemented to lower wages.

It has severely hit the living standards of the U.K population. And yep, it's the working class that has taken the hit and suffered the most. It's not the more affluent middle class types living in remain areas that have.

Brexit vote was a scream of despair, rebellion, anti-political-establishment uprising and two fingers up to politicians! And the fact is imo, the Tories were wrongfooted thinking the remain vote would have had a landslide victory in the referendum.

Yes I agree that the way it was enacted caused this; however the whole 'blame the EU' is total bollocks. It was our decision to open the gates. See the Bombadier Thameslink decision. Blamed on the EU but again total horse shít (typed as I'm on a Siemens Thameslink train, ironically)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Remain petition on 17:31 - Mar 26 with 1275 viewsrockinjk

Ffs it doesn’t work like that

And to cite one example Japan won’t agree to same terms as EU

It was negotiated on behalf of 28 different Countries, not one

Different bargaining position

Oh what’s the point seriously
Remain petition on 17:33 - Mar 26 with 1268 viewsWarwickHunt

Remain petition on 17:31 - Mar 26 by rockinjk

Ffs it doesn’t work like that

And to cite one example Japan won’t agree to same terms as EU

It was negotiated on behalf of 28 different Countries, not one

Different bargaining position

Oh what’s the point seriously

A nation of 50 million can do better trade deals than a trading block of 600 million.

It's obvious, innit? Rule Britannia...
Remain petition on 17:40 - Mar 26 with 1261 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trump is licking his lips at the prospect of his "much better deal" that he'll offer us.

Better for Trump obviously.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Remain petition on 18:12 - Mar 26 with 1234 viewsJack59

Remain petition on 14:05 - Mar 26 by costalotta

You're entitled to do just that and maybe you'll get the chance. I hope you do.

I couldn't really comment fully on the German or French economies with any degree of certainty. But i'd wager that the German economy is in a better state than ours. There is certainly more money floating around, a smaller gap in terms of wealth. They are prepared for down turns in their economy and they are long term planners/thinkers.

Out of interest, where do you get your information of the 'serious slowing down...' ?

My information is from the BBC and FT websites. or if you want, just type 'german economy' in google
Out of interest, where are you getting your information that Germans are better long term planners/thinkers than us. I hope it's not from old issues of 'Jane's Defence Weekly'
Remain petition on 18:57 - Mar 26 with 1196 viewsmajorraglan

Remain petition on 15:17 - Mar 26 by Highjack

Japan have already said we won’t get a trade deal as good as the EU are getting.
Remain petition on 19:41 - Mar 26 with 1168 viewscostalotta

Remain petition on 18:12 - Mar 26 by Jack59

My information is from the BBC and FT websites. or if you want, just type 'german economy' in google
Out of interest, where are you getting your information that Germans are better long term planners/thinkers than us. I hope it's not from old issues of 'Jane's Defence Weekly'

Part experience in that I've worked with and done business in Germany. Also lived there for a short time. And of course the way their economy over the longer period has prospered. Of course there's a downturn but theyll handle better than most.
Remain petition on 19:57 - Mar 26 with 1154 viewsrockinjk

Remain petition on 15:41 - Mar 26 by Ace_Jack

Whats the point of exiting the EU if we keep the same terms? And we can't, thats exactly what this whole mess is about.

It’s like here’s the tutor and here’s the student
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 19:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024