Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future 19:18 - Apr 25 with 7443 viewsTheKirkyLife

If he was on the market, sub £5 million, would you try and bring him home? Or will there be Premier League clubs who would pick him up? Hasn't exactly set the world alight this season.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 19:22 - Apr 25 with 5391 viewsTenbySwan

I saw a report somewhere that West Ham were after him this summer.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 19:50 - Apr 25 with 5298 viewsdickythorpe

I don't think he's busted a gut for Stoke and gone a bit dirty.
Had his chance at Liverpool and had a chance to come back to us.

Not really convinced he's as good as some think.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 19:52 - Apr 25 with 5286 viewssainthelens

If we were gonna splash that money, I'd rather use it to keep DJ.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:02 - Apr 25 with 5255 viewsSwanjaxs

More chance of signing Lilly Allen

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:07 - Apr 25 with 5242 viewsPrivate_Partz

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:02 - Apr 25 by Swanjaxs

Indeed. The Yanks spending 4m plus. Not very likely.
Joe would be just what we need. An experienced head in midfield.
Just a pipe dream imho but as I have said, nothing surprises me in football anymore.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:07 - Apr 25 with 5239 viewsOldjack

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:02 - Apr 25 by Swanjaxs

Just what we need a real work horse in the middle , we can hope

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:15 - Apr 25 with 5196 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:07 - Apr 25 by Oldjack

Just what we need a real work horse in the middle , we can hope

Spending a large chunk of our transfer budget on players at the tail end of their careers, with little to no resale value has never caused us any issues before. Why stop now?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:22 - Apr 25 with 5171 viewspencoedjack

I still believe it’s the worst signing we didn’t make

Pre euros I think it was 8 million
Login to get fewer ads

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:23 - Apr 25 with 5170 viewsPrivate_Partz

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:15 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Spending a large chunk of our transfer budget on players at the tail end of their careers, with little to no resale value has never caused us any issues before. Why stop now?

I think with a young inexperienced but talented side then a bit of experience can only compliment the squad.
Don't fret though. It is unlikely to happen. More likely our starlets will be heading in the other direction.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:26 - Apr 25 with 5157 viewsOldjack

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:15 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's 29 and now the finished article ,he'd be the perfect midfield general we've been crying out for to fit nicely in our total football outfit and he's more of a JB that you'll ever be

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:32 - Apr 25 with 5132 viewsplasjack

Good player for us in the past, but our present midfield has been exceptional, Celina and co will serve us next season.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:36 - Apr 25 with 5112 viewsPrivate_Partz

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:32 - Apr 25 by plasjack

Good player for us in the past, but our present midfield has been exceptional, Celina and co will serve us next season.

Exceptional though it has been we need experience and strength in depth.
The lack of this means we are only left with the faintest of chances. A little bit of experience to compliment the talented youth could have made all the difference.

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:36 - Apr 25 with 5112 viewsBadlands

Expensive

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:38 - Apr 25 with 5101 viewsjasper_T

He's on £50k at least, isn't he? Ex-Liverpool money.

Get Matt Smith on loan instead.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:38 - Apr 25 with 5101 viewssdh1412

How on earth could we ever afford his wages......Never gonna happen that boat sailed a couple of years ago.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:44 - Apr 25 with 5076 viewsmonmouth

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:22 - Apr 25 by pencoedjack

I still believe it’s the worst signing we didn’t make

Pre euros I think it was 8 million

Nope. That was Rodgers. He'd have improved a number of positions exactly when we needed it, simply by face stroking.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:47 - Apr 25 with 5058 viewsmajorraglan

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:38 - Apr 25 by sdh1412

How on earth could we ever afford his wages......Never gonna happen that boat sailed a couple of years ago.

Spot on.

From a playing perspective, he would be a great signing, but from a financial perspective it would not be good news. The club is looking to offload the big earners not sign more of them.
He’s a great player who could do a great job, but the time to resign him was before the Euro’s as another poster commented.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:58 - Apr 25 with 5009 viewsdobjack2

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:38 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Interesting idea
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:16 - Apr 25 with 4947 viewsvalleyboy

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 19:52 - Apr 25 by sainthelens

If we were gonna splash that money, I'd rather use it to keep DJ.

The only thing wrong with that argument is that James is not interested in playing for Swansea next season

If he was. Then why insist that a very low by- out clause be included in his contract
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:18 - Apr 25 with 4937 viewsvalleyboy

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 20:38 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

No one has thought about what money Allen is on

Perhaps they think he will drop his wage demands to come to Swansea
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:21 - Apr 25 with 4929 viewsYossarian

He'll never play for us again....put money on Brendan getting him in the Summer. I was apoplectic that Jenkins didn't get him when he wanted to come home...but I don't think he's the player he was...he was anonymous when we played them and hes not exactly pulled up trees for Wales either....he just might be past his best.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:27 - Apr 25 with 4905 viewssainthelens

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:16 - Apr 25 by valleyboy

The only thing wrong with that argument is that James is not interested in playing for Swansea next season

If he was. Then why insist that a very low by- out clause be included in his contract

Thanks for the input.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:31 - Apr 25 with 4883 viewsLohengrin

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 19:22 - Apr 25 by TenbySwan

I saw a report somewhere that West Ham were after him this summer.

Good fit for him that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:42 - Apr 25 with 4853 viewsmajorraglan

Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:21 - Apr 25 by Yossarian

He'll never play for us again....put money on Brendan getting him in the Summer. I was apoplectic that Jenkins didn't get him when he wanted to come home...but I don't think he's the player he was...he was anonymous when we played them and hes not exactly pulled up trees for Wales either....he just might be past his best.

Got to disagree with your comment about Wales, he is regularly one of the best players and He was immense in the last Wales match.
Could It Happen? - Allen Unsure of Future on 21:42 - Apr 25 with 4852 viewsDyfnant

Was speaking to a couple of season ticket holding Stoke fans on holiday in January that reckon he’d been their best player all season

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024