Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. 17:52 - May 12 with 6676 viewsAndy1300

You couldn't make it up, he wrote the following on Facebook.

Well done Cardiff City! Man Utd 0 Cardiff 2. 10 wins this season (2 more than Swansea City in Premier League last season) and more points than Swansea City in Premier League last season! Only one win in the end from safety which is incredible considering one of the lowest budgets ever in Premier league. Plus the officials totally against us and the very sad loss of Sala. Credit to the loyal fans with an average home crowd of 31,413 and elcipses Swansea's best ever home average of 22,535. Bluebirds!!!!

Number 1 team in Wales

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:27 - May 12 with 1368 viewsjack2jack

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:17 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

All matches are one off results.

Not sure who you think is comparing it.

Your lot had a lot of one off sh!t results this season. Just saying like😁
That's me done
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:29 - May 12 with 1364 viewsbluey_the_blue

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:27 - May 12 by jack2jack

Your lot had a lot of one off sh!t results this season. Just saying like😁
That's me done

No disagreements from me.

We did better than a lot of people expected, looking back 2-3 matches could've kept us up. We won more than Southampton or Brighton after all.

Should keep the major of the squad that got us up, need to strengthen in midfield though.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:33 - May 12 with 1357 viewsNotLoyal

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 19:42 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

If we'd have beaten Fulham, we'd have stayed up. If the ref hadn't screwed up against Chelsea etc...

I suggest fans of Liverpool, Man Utd openly celebrating goals and calling you "welsh cvnts" may not have got a friendly reception at your place, tbh.

If Colin Wâš“ had been born a woman he would be a hairy left wing toad. If sausages were made out of cheese they would be called cheese.

We all have ifs and buts butt.
Face it, the reason you got relegated is because you aren't good enough.
We know, it's just that Cardiff are better at it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:33 - May 12 with 1350 viewsmynamesjeff1

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:29 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

We did better than a lot of people expected, looking back 2-3 matches could've kept us up. We won more than Southampton or Brighton after all.

Should keep the major of the squad that got us up, need to strengthen in midfield though.

Are you still going on?

Go get your armbands and lilo ready for your swim.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:42 - May 12 with 1324 viewsjack2jack

So getting relegated from the PL was better than most people thought you'd do.
Pretty low expectations there matey.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:44 - May 12 with 1321 viewsAndy1300

But did you win more than you lost? 😂😂😂😂

Your lot predicted you would

Number 1 team in Wales

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:48 - May 12 with 1308 viewsbluey_the_blue

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:42 - May 12 by jack2jack

So getting relegated from the PL was better than most people thought you'd do.
Pretty low expectations there matey.

Reading posts on here, we'd end up bottom, have been relegated months ago etc.

We were in with a chance of staying up the last few games which is all we could've asked for tbh. Given we did that without spunking 100m like Fulham, whilst keeping wages down ( wage bill of 27m - Liverpool last season spent 46m on agents fees alone ).

Trying to stay up on the cheap puts you at a massive disadvantage but means the finances aren't going to be unmanagable in the Championship.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:53 - May 12 with 1289 viewsfelixstowe_jack

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 18:02 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

We had 8 consecutive in top league...

Not in the PL mate. Plus only two relegated in the old first division.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:54 - May 12 with 1283 viewsbluey_the_blue

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:53 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

Not in the PL mate. Plus only two relegated in the old first division.

Football existed before the Prem...
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:55 - May 12 with 1282 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Trouble is the bottom three lost more games than the teams below them. Draws get you a point.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:11 - May 12 with 1231 viewssherpajacob

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 18:02 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

We had 8 consecutive in top league...

Under the reign of which King?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:13 - May 12 with 1225 viewssherpajacob

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:54 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

Football existed before the Prem...

I think you mean football existed before the war.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:27 - May 12 with 1197 viewsJBT95

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 19:56 - May 12 by Newhousemustscore

I started supporting the Swans in 1978 & since then I've seen us play in the top division in a total of 9 seasons and win a major trophy. Cardiff fans harp on about their FA Cup win & time in the top division, yet it was so long ago barely any of their fans have ever witnessed it. They keep mentioning the 1927 Cup win but football was in it's infancy & doesn't count for much. If they are judging a team on winning the FA Cup in those years then Royal Engineers (1 FA Cup win) are as big as them & Bury (2 FA Cups) are far bigger than them.

You hit the nail on the head with that post.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:53 - May 12 with 1149 viewsBillyChong

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 19:58 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

1 David de Gea
20 Diogo Dalot
12 Chris Smalling
4 Phil Jones
18 Ashley Young
15 Andreas Pereira
39 Scott McTominay
6 Paul Pogba
14 Jesse Lingard
54 Mason Greenwood
10 Marcus Rashford

Substitutes
8 Juan Mata
11 Anthony Martial
17 Fred
22 Sergio Romero
25 Antonio Valencia
37 James Garner
47 Angel Gomes

Remind me where those "6 academy players" are? Must agree, that's clearly not a recognisable first team...

The weakest Man Utd starting line up in many a year
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:55 - May 12 with 1142 viewsmagicdaps10

Remind me, didn't Cardiff get relegated? Todays result is irrelevant but if they want to get excited over beating Man Utd in the premiership, I will just list

Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
League Cup winners
Europa league
Into a European knock out stage

Times your winning against United by 100 and you are still a little off what us Swansea fans have lived in recent years..........what we have lived and not stories our grandad passed on to us.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:55 - May 12 with 1143 viewsbluey_the_blue

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:53 - May 12 by BillyChong

The weakest Man Utd starting line up in many a year

Greenwood aside, all players from Man Yoo's first team squad... correct?

PS Ole always rotates players, we know that to our cost.

PPS Still nowhere near 6 academy players, as claimed.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 22:04 - May 12 with 1114 viewsBrynmill_Jack

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:04 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

They didn't play 6 academy players so about those facts...

EDIT:

Also to intimate Man Yoo would throw the game by putting a weakened side is plain dumb. Man Yoo have been woeful since Ole appointed permnent manager. Putting kids out and losing wouldn't cause the owners to not have "buyers regret" over Ole. A side was put out to win the game. A side full of first team squad members - only exception being a young striker, Greenwood who Ole knew from Man Yoo's academy, who had been tipped to get some game time this season.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 20:09]

Permnent? I hair what you’re saying......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 22:07 - May 12 with 1104 viewsjack2jack

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 22:04 - May 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Permnent? I hair what you’re saying......

It's like cement but sets quicker, for that just layed look.😁
[Post edited 12 May 2019 22:08]
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 22:17 - May 12 with 1083 viewsBillyChong

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 21:55 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

Greenwood aside, all players from Man Yoo's first team squad... correct?

PS Ole always rotates players, we know that to our cost.

PPS Still nowhere near 6 academy players, as claimed.

Still an appalling United team. Dalot with ancient has beens Jones, Smalling and Young in defence. De Gea probably in the worst form of his United career. Rashford and Pogba off the boil and a couple of kids to make up the numbers. Never been an easier time to win at old Trafford in 25 + years.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 22:59 - May 12 with 1033 viewsTNT

Well I feel sorry for Dwight. He's obviously finding it hard to come on here to defend the embarrassment that is his Manure team and new manager.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 02:08 - May 13 with 947 viewsmajorraglan

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 20:48 - May 12 by bluey_the_blue

Reading posts on here, we'd end up bottom, have been relegated months ago etc.

We were in with a chance of staying up the last few games which is all we could've asked for tbh. Given we did that without spunking 100m like Fulham, whilst keeping wages down ( wage bill of 27m - Liverpool last season spent 46m on agents fees alone ).

Trying to stay up on the cheap puts you at a massive disadvantage but means the finances aren't going to be unmanagable in the Championship.

You guys did better than I thought you would, I had you down for between 20 and 25 points. Didn’t realise that Cardiff’s wage bill was only £27m, that’s very low. How much was spent on transfers?
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 05:44 - May 13 with 912 viewsGlyn1

Congratulations to Cardiff for going out with style and beating Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 06:04 - May 13 with 897 viewsPhil_S

I always chuckle when fans come up with the "if we had only won that game argument"

We played seven years in the Premier League, had we won every game we wouldn't be in the CHampionship now. It's pointless - over the course of a 38 game season your league position is the one that you deserve. For us last season that was relegation, for Cardiff this season it is exactly the same outcome and what they deserved.

You can look back at a dodgy referee decision but Warnock himself admitted earlier in the season that some went his way and that was just football.

As for Sala - is he your player or not because you constantly want to draw on the sympathy of the terrible tragedy but your club are doing everything they can to distance themselves from the player.
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 12:22 - May 13 with 727 viewsbluey_the_blue

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 02:08 - May 13 by majorraglan

You guys did better than I thought you would, I had you down for between 20 and 25 points. Didn’t realise that Cardiff’s wage bill was only £27m, that’s very low. How much was spent on transfers?

Around £31m on transfers, Reid and Murphy were £21m alone.

On one hand the wage bill - less than half of Huddersfields is good news. It should be more sustainable in the Championship than some relegated sides find, so I'd imagine we'll retain the core of the side alongside a new midfield.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 12:24]
All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 12:35 - May 13 with 711 viewsbluey_the_blue

All about us from a Cardiff fan I know. on 06:04 - May 13 by Phil_S

I always chuckle when fans come up with the "if we had only won that game argument"

We played seven years in the Premier League, had we won every game we wouldn't be in the CHampionship now. It's pointless - over the course of a 38 game season your league position is the one that you deserve. For us last season that was relegation, for Cardiff this season it is exactly the same outcome and what they deserved.

You can look back at a dodgy referee decision but Warnock himself admitted earlier in the season that some went his way and that was just football.

As for Sala - is he your player or not because you constantly want to draw on the sympathy of the terrible tragedy but your club are doing everything they can to distance themselves from the player.

That argument presumes things balance out over a season; as we both know, it doesn't. Teams towards the bottom don't get the breaks against bigger teams, you know that. Warnock was fined £20k for his comments, well Pawson had an apalling game in a playoff game a day or so ago. Warnock also provided 13 instances of wrong decisions - and like him or not he is actually a qualified referee. People know Morrison is a threat from set pieces, every single game he's been held, shirt pulled etc. Hell, even Man City benefited from some decisions yesterday against Brighton clear fouls not given. Didn't affect the result, but...

Also, not every incident is the same or has the same impact.

1-0 up vs Chelsea, the offside equaliser late on caused heads to drop. Sure, they shouldn't have, but it affects momentum 100% - results poor the next couple of games afterwards. So individual events can have longer term effects.

End of the day, we relegated. I think we did a lot better than a lot of people expected and are in a decent position for next season.

As for Sala, you've put down a clear misreading of the situation. Was Sala our player? No - contract wasn't fully completed, Nantes had failed to notify the club of clearances going through as per the transfer deal contract etc - something Nantes insisted on so that if deal fell through, they could sell the player to other clubs. Does that mean there was zero intent to correct the contract? Of course not.

The reality is, like it or not, Mackay himself raised a number of issues that have made people question exactly what went on. To somehow blame the club for holding off payment until a number of those issues have been resolved is plain silliness, especially if Nantes were involved in any way.

Sala's death was a tragedy, one that could well help football by focusing on agent activities and people in general by getting illegal commercial flights stopped.., but drawing on sympathy? Warnock has pointed out players have been affected - that's inevitable. It's been a bad season all round, Morrison nearly died, Bennett's dad died.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024