Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage on the NHS. 20:12 - Jun 3 with 4539 viewsBrynCartwright

As Rob Delaney states....what a caant.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Farage on the NHS. on 21:44 - Jun 3 with 2742 viewsBrynCartwright

Anyone else interested at all with an insidious US capitalistic take over the NHS, engendered by diks like Farage. These guys need to be stopped now; end of!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Farage on the NHS. on 21:48 - Jun 3 with 2735 viewsmajorraglan

An insurance backed healthcare system........ and what does Aaron Banks own........ insurance companies!

The NHS budgets are now under severe pressure following the cut backs of the austerity years. Our increasingly elderly population also costs a lot more to treat, so if we move to an insurance based system they are likely to be the ones who will pay the higher premiums. The insurance based American healthcare has seen millions go without healthcare because they couldn’t afford it. I was in New York a few years ago and saw a woman begging for money, she had a huge lump on the side of her face and was carrying a sign saying she was collecting money to pay for cancer treatment. It was very upsetting. In America and Canada, if you can afford the healthcare up do have access to some of the best practitioners and facilities in the world.

We need to have a mature conversation about the NHS and what we want from it and what we are prepared to pay. Personally, I am happy to pay a little bit more tax towards the NHS, but I am not sure that’s what the government would spend it on!

Edit typo
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 22:29]
Farage on the NHS. on 22:04 - Jun 3 with 2709 viewsKilkennyjack

‘The pound shop Enoch Powell’.

‘We need to keep an eye on him’.

Beware of the Risen People

Farage on the NHS. on 23:16 - Jun 3 with 2656 viewsWingstandwood

"Insurance based healthcare"?

Private payment for dentistry care has been here for a lot of years for a good few people, I was forced to go private myself and by coincidence I had a care plan review letter today, it has told me my monthly charge is now to be £15.45.

My service provider was originally with Denplan but according to bottom of my letter its now payable to DPAS Limited. The £15.45 provides me with one yearly dental check up and one scale and polish session. I’m Emid category whatever that means? That does not cover any cost of fillings, crowns, extra charge(s) for emergency appointment(s) etc.

This thing has been around for me since early 2004 onwards, and with inflation I have paid over £4,000 pounds in all. Root canals, larger fillings and crowns really hit the back pocket. This happened for me under New Labour and a (devolution hey!) Welsh Assembly. It has continued under the Tories.

I hope G.P service(s) do not end up the same way because there are some doctors (BMA members) whom just like Farage think charging should be introduced, because according to doctors there is not enough money for funding services. Fees for people with chronic conditions and no savings, indeed a worrying thought. If there is further privatisation? IMO it'll be by creeping (dentistry style) stealth seen under Labour/Tories and Welsh Assembly Govt.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:37]

Argus!

Farage on the NHS. on 23:38 - Jun 3 with 2612 viewsmajorraglan

Farage on the NHS. on 23:16 - Jun 3 by Wingstandwood

"Insurance based healthcare"?

Private payment for dentistry care has been here for a lot of years for a good few people, I was forced to go private myself and by coincidence I had a care plan review letter today, it has told me my monthly charge is now to be £15.45.

My service provider was originally with Denplan but according to bottom of my letter its now payable to DPAS Limited. The £15.45 provides me with one yearly dental check up and one scale and polish session. I’m Emid category whatever that means? That does not cover any cost of fillings, crowns, extra charge(s) for emergency appointment(s) etc.

This thing has been around for me since early 2004 onwards, and with inflation I have paid over £4,000 pounds in all. Root canals, larger fillings and crowns really hit the back pocket. This happened for me under New Labour and a (devolution hey!) Welsh Assembly. It has continued under the Tories.

I hope G.P service(s) do not end up the same way because there are some doctors (BMA members) whom just like Farage think charging should be introduced, because according to doctors there is not enough money for funding services. Fees for people with chronic conditions and no savings, indeed a worrying thought. If there is further privatisation? IMO it'll be by creeping (dentistry style) stealth seen under Labour/Tories and Welsh Assembly Govt.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:37]

The wife used to be on a Denplan scheme and it was very expensive, she was paying something like £20 a month and I am going back 15 years. Her teeth were in rally good neck and I couldn’t understand why she was paying so much and had been for so long. I managed to get her and our kids in to my NHS dentist which is 30 odd miles from where we live. I don’t mind driving up there a couple of times a year.
I had to have root canal surgery the other day and I paid £44. It’s normally a couple of months lead in time for an appointment for a check up.

I a pretty sure I read an article on the Walesonline site re NHS dentist availability, lots of areas had long waiting lists but I think the Merthyr area had quite a few dentists with spaces. It might be worth checking out,
Farage on the NHS. on 23:41 - Jun 3 with 2607 viewsHighjack

Farage on the NHS. on 23:38 - Jun 3 by majorraglan

The wife used to be on a Denplan scheme and it was very expensive, she was paying something like £20 a month and I am going back 15 years. Her teeth were in rally good neck and I couldn’t understand why she was paying so much and had been for so long. I managed to get her and our kids in to my NHS dentist which is 30 odd miles from where we live. I don’t mind driving up there a couple of times a year.
I had to have root canal surgery the other day and I paid £44. It’s normally a couple of months lead in time for an appointment for a check up.

I a pretty sure I read an article on the Walesonline site re NHS dentist availability, lots of areas had long waiting lists but I think the Merthyr area had quite a few dentists with spaces. It might be worth checking out,

You can do your own dentistry with Fuji 9

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Farage on the NHS. on 07:23 - Jun 4 with 2508 viewswaynekerr55

The epitome of "be careful what you wish for"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Farage on the NHS. on 08:03 - Jun 4 with 2473 viewstrinityann

I'm lucky by location that my nearest dentist is NHS dentist, i pay about £14 twice a year for two check ups and extra obviously if further work needed. Fillings and root canals is still very cheap compared to private.
Login to get fewer ads

Farage on the NHS. on 08:55 - Jun 4 with 2442 viewsJonathans_coat

Farage on the NHS. on 07:23 - Jun 4 by waynekerr55

The epitome of "be careful what you wish for"

I said in a thread last month, that if anyone still believes he is some sort of “man of the people”, or “champion of the working class” as he wishes to portray himself, they must be incredibly stupid. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Yet, nearly 5.2 million people voted for his party in the European elections. You know, the party without a manifesto to tell you what your voting for. Aside from “Bexit means Brexit”, whatever that means?
Farage on the NHS. on 09:05 - Jun 4 with 2429 viewsPegojack

Farage on the NHS. on 08:55 - Jun 4 by Jonathans_coat

I said in a thread last month, that if anyone still believes he is some sort of “man of the people”, or “champion of the working class” as he wishes to portray himself, they must be incredibly stupid. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Yet, nearly 5.2 million people voted for his party in the European elections. You know, the party without a manifesto to tell you what your voting for. Aside from “Bexit means Brexit”, whatever that means?

A great many people in the UK appear to have taken a collective leap into total insanity in recent weeks and I really fear the country is going to reap some very unpleasant rewards soon. And I'm not just talking about the usual suspects on here and their like, but normally sane people. Voting Anne Widdecombe into office FFS. A complete extreme right wing fruitcake standing for a party with no published political manifesto.
It's like the perfect storm of malignant forces has come together, not least of which is the disintegration of the Labour Party under Comrade Corbyn.
Farage on the NHS. on 09:10 - Jun 4 with 2425 viewsWarwickHunt

Farage on the NHS. on 09:05 - Jun 4 by Pegojack

A great many people in the UK appear to have taken a collective leap into total insanity in recent weeks and I really fear the country is going to reap some very unpleasant rewards soon. And I'm not just talking about the usual suspects on here and their like, but normally sane people. Voting Anne Widdecombe into office FFS. A complete extreme right wing fruitcake standing for a party with no published political manifesto.
It's like the perfect storm of malignant forces has come together, not least of which is the disintegration of the Labour Party under Comrade Corbyn.

Saw the old fruitbat on telly this week. Completely and utterly bonkers fûcking mental.

However, it would appear that her virginal status is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.
Farage on the NHS. on 09:50 - Jun 4 with 2386 viewsbluey_the_blue

At the moment, consultants can and do work privately and seemingly treat NHS work as part time. Consultant wife had worked at 3 different private companies in addition to NHS work - when he turned up that is. After he left, his role was advertised at around 100k per annum.

NHS appointment, wait 6 months. Same consultant, see privately within 2 weeks.

Imagine how NHS waiting times would come down if consultants were for example exclusive to NHS rather than treating it as a side job.
Farage on the NHS. on 09:51 - Jun 4 with 2381 viewsHighjack

Farage on the NHS. on 09:05 - Jun 4 by Pegojack

"A great many people in the UK appear to have taken a collective leap into total insanity in recent weeks and I really fear the country is going to reap some very unpleasant rewards soon. "

The Lib Dems aren't that bad.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Farage on the NHS. on 12:05 - Jun 4 with 2299 viewsLeonWasGod

Farage on the NHS. on 09:51 - Jun 4 by Highjack

"A great many people in the UK appear to have taken a collective leap into total insanity in recent weeks and I really fear the country is going to reap some very unpleasant rewards soon. "

The Lib Dems aren't that bad.

I thought he was talking about Britain's Got Talent?
Farage on the NHS. on 12:27 - Jun 4 with 2269 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The amount of money pumped into the NHS has increased every year for the last 9 years, by far more than inflation. There are no cuts in the NHS budget.

They only privatisation In the NHS occured when labour built hospital financed by PFI where private companies get a return on capital of over 10%. Labour could have borrowed the money at around 4% to build these hospitals.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Farage on the NHS. on 12:31 - Jun 4 with 2260 viewscontroversial_jack

Farage on the NHS. on 12:27 - Jun 4 by felixstowe_jack

The amount of money pumped into the NHS has increased every year for the last 9 years, by far more than inflation. There are no cuts in the NHS budget.

They only privatisation In the NHS occured when labour built hospital financed by PFI where private companies get a return on capital of over 10%. Labour could have borrowed the money at around 4% to build these hospitals.

Spending on the NHS increases with Labour, data will show this, but I can't be arsed to look for it
Farage on the NHS. on 12:33 - Jun 4 with 2251 viewsdameedna

It is not a 2 way debaTe
Farage on the NHS. on 12:34 - Jun 4 with 2249 viewsCountyJim

Farage on the NHS. on 08:03 - Jun 4 by trinityann

I'm lucky by location that my nearest dentist is NHS dentist, i pay about £14 twice a year for two check ups and extra obviously if further work needed. Fillings and root canals is still very cheap compared to private.

We got people coming from west Wales to use dentists in Newport
Farage on the NHS. on 12:40 - Jun 4 with 2238 viewsLeonWasGod

Increased maybe, but it always has to increase due to growing demands (primarily due to an increasing and ageing population) and increases in the cost base.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/nhs-budget

"Though funding for the Department of Health continues to grow, the rate of growth has slowed considerably compared to historical trends. The Department of Health budget will grow by 1.2 per cent in real terms between 2009/10 and 2020/21. This is far below the long-term average increases in health spending of approximately 4 per cent a year (above inflation) since the NHS was established and the rate of increase needed based on projections by the Office of Budget Responsibility (4.3 per cent a year)."

Agreed on PFI though; PFI was a long-term expensive mistake imo.
Farage on the NHS. on 12:49 - Jun 4 with 2227 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Something has to give though, we can't pay for treatment every fat person to have a gastric band, for every man that wants to be a woman, for every couple that wants to have a child or even every child that needs cannabis oil to make their life more bearable.

Every need is important to someone, where do you draw the line?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 12:51]
Farage on the NHS. on 15:32 - Jun 4 with 2141 viewscontroversial_jack

It is the political and not economical policy of the Conservative party to privatise the NHS. Anyone who doesn't know this by now must either be incredibly stupid or in denial
Farage on the NHS. on 16:15 - Jun 4 with 2087 viewsJack_Meoff

Farage on the NHS. on 12:40 - Jun 4 by LeonWasGod

Increased maybe, but it always has to increase due to growing demands (primarily due to an increasing and ageing population) and increases in the cost base.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/nhs-budget

"Though funding for the Department of Health continues to grow, the rate of growth has slowed considerably compared to historical trends. The Department of Health budget will grow by 1.2 per cent in real terms between 2009/10 and 2020/21. This is far below the long-term average increases in health spending of approximately 4 per cent a year (above inflation) since the NHS was established and the rate of increase needed based on projections by the Office of Budget Responsibility (4.3 per cent a year)."

Agreed on PFI though; PFI was a long-term expensive mistake imo.

Depends on your perspective I guess. PFI was a lovely little earning scam (and still is) for private finance, which was always its intention.

It started under Major in 1992, but was continued by 'New' Labour and the Coalition. Some of the figures involved are eye watering. Robbing b*stards.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Farage on the NHS. on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 2040 viewscontroversial_jack

Farage on the NHS. on 16:15 - Jun 4 by Jack_Meoff

Depends on your perspective I guess. PFI was a lovely little earning scam (and still is) for private finance, which was always its intention.

It started under Major in 1992, but was continued by 'New' Labour and the Coalition. Some of the figures involved are eye watering. Robbing b*stards.

It's been abandoned now though.There's no more pretence, the NHS is on the table for sale
Farage on the NHS. on 17:27 - Jun 4 with 2019 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Farage on the NHS. on 17:16 - Jun 4 by controversial_jack

It's been abandoned now though.There's no more pretence, the NHS is on the table for sale

Is it? What company is going to buy it, if they have to provide "free" treatment.

More fake news.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Farage on the NHS. on 17:46 - Jun 4 with 2001 viewsbluey_the_blue

Farage on the NHS. on 17:16 - Jun 4 by controversial_jack

Evidence?

The dogma is that NHS has to be public service. There are many areas where private sector can provide better services. After all, consultants love their private work, right?

PFI was a disaster but not for the reasons people want to believe, ie the public/private dogma. The individual deals made were ridiculously poor and I've every believe Labour and Tory governments knew that, accepted it as price to pay for private sector involvement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024