Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) 08:48 - Jun 6 with 10748 viewsSwans9

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:53 - Jun 6 with 2153 viewsjasper_T

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:02 - Jun 6 by Whiterockin

I hope it is more than the 5% we have to pay Hull.

Hull are entitled to less than half of the standard 5% solidarity payment because he was only there until he was 16. There was some fuss over his registration iirc and he had to wait until the end of that season to move officially, so it's probably bang on 2% they're entitled to.

We paid them £72k plus some appearance-based lump sums this season but I don't think there was any separate sell-on clause agreed in the compensation after we poached him.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:55 - Jun 6 with 2149 viewsswanforthemoney

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:43 - Jun 6 by Landore_Jack

and a number of bad signings. £16M Clucas, £15.5M Borja etc...

We always seemed to get decent money for players (except in the relegation firesale) ...latterly it was how we spent the funds that was the disaster.

The thing that marks James out is his pace, he has a lot to learn in terms of striking the ball and decision making, When he gets muscle injuries and his pace goes, he may well fade. I've loved watching Dan, especially in the last few games, but I think its the right move for us at this price.

I stand in the North Stand

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:57 - Jun 6 with 2141 viewsWhiterockin

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:53 - Jun 6 by jasper_T

Hull are entitled to less than half of the standard 5% solidarity payment because he was only there until he was 16. There was some fuss over his registration iirc and he had to wait until the end of that season to move officially, so it's probably bang on 2% they're entitled to.

We paid them £72k plus some appearance-based lump sums this season but I don't think there was any separate sell-on clause agreed in the compensation after we poached him.

Thanks.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 15:25 - Jun 6 with 2044 viewsSwans9

James has completed a medical and has met up with the Wales squad. To be shown in a united kit next week.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 16:18 - Jun 6 with 1915 viewsdobjack2

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 14:21 - Jun 6 by ploppy

Despite everything that's gone on, some credit for this must go to Huw Jenkins.

Nowhere near what his ridiculous signings of Bony and especially Andre Ayew have cost the club.

We paid way over the odds for Clucas and he was not the type of player we needed similar with Baston. That is down to poor or non existing scouting and due diligence.

Bony and Andre Ayew are indefensible signings over wages, transfer fees and length of contract especially when you take into account what they had achieved since they left.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 16:48 - Jun 6 with 1833 viewsploppy

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 16:18 - Jun 6 by dobjack2

Nowhere near what his ridiculous signings of Bony and especially Andre Ayew have cost the club.

We paid way over the odds for Clucas and he was not the type of player we needed similar with Baston. That is down to poor or non existing scouting and due diligence.

Bony and Andre Ayew are indefensible signings over wages, transfer fees and length of contract especially when you take into account what they had achieved since they left.

No-one's denying that though, are they? But if you're going to criticise him for those signings, you should also, in the interest of fairness, commend him for stopping DJ's transfer to Leeds.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 17:13 - Jun 6 with 1782 viewsjacktar_

Our best player is off and some seem to think it's ok, because of the money that "We'll" recieve. My mind is boggling.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 17:38 - Jun 6 with 1732 viewsjasper_T

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 17:13 - Jun 6 by jacktar_

Our best player is off and some seem to think it's ok, because of the money that "We'll" recieve. My mind is boggling.

It's a very good deal for a player growing faster than the club. That's football, especially in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 18:40 - Jun 6 with 1604 viewsthornabyswan

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 17:13 - Jun 6 by jacktar_

Yes they have taken millions out the books showed that did they.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 18:43 - Jun 6 with 1596 viewscontroversial_jack

A good price for a very quick but average player!
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 6 with 1583 viewsmajorraglan

Because in my mind it is ok.
He is a rising star and the type of player the club should be building its future on, but in 12 months time he will be able to walk, sign for someone else and there is nothing the club can do about it. In addition the club will get hardly any financial compensation in comparison to what they are getting now.
The club appears to have a financial black hole to deal with, it’s lost lots of money on recent transfers Clucas etc, has already sold on the first instalment of next seasons parachute payments to help it get through last season, has to pay the Ayew’s and Baston’s wage packets for another year, as well as the other players who may still be on PL wages, Naughton, Carroll and Dyer, it also faces further reductions in income to contend with.

I would rather sell Dan James and have a Club than keep Dan James and see everything else unravel and fall apart.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 6 with 1534 viewsplasjack

Wander how much Oli will make us as he might be next?.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 19:15 - Jun 6 with 1486 viewsgrabsplatter

To those of us that live in the real world of course it's a good deal for us
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 19:21 - Jun 6 with 1466 viewsBadlands

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 13:47 - Jun 6 by Whiterockin

Negatives

We won't have a fantastic player (potential match winner) playing for us next season

We were never going to see Dan James in a mans shirt next season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 19:22 - Jun 6 with 1463 viewsmajorraglan

If this is true and the club received £3m for Potter, hopefully that’s £21m towards filling in the black hole.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 19:38 - Jun 6 with 1421 viewsdobjack2

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 16:48 - Jun 6 by ploppy

No-one's denying that though, are they? But if you're going to criticise him for those signings, you should also, in the interest of fairness, commend him for stopping DJ's transfer to Leeds.

Commend him! What for?

getting paid £500K + a year by the club? bringing in the uninterested stay away American owners in the first place making himself a multi millionaire in the process? If the Trust are correct the share sale was made behind the back of the Trust (the guardians of the fans ownership) which is presumably why they are considering legal action. The transfers and contracts that screwed the club financially and made the owners consider such a stupid deal for James in the first place? I could go on but I think that i’ve Made my point.

In the interest of fairness I do commend him for the work that he did getting us into the Premiership and whilst we were there up to the League Cup win. That shouldn’t be forgotten.

However also in the interest of fairness what shouldn’t be forgotten is the almighty mess he has left as a selling shareholder and the former chairman. All roads lead to his door.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:24 - Jun 6 with 1318 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 13:47 - Jun 6 by Whiterockin

Negatives

We won't have a fantastic player (potential match winner) playing for us next season

Courtney Baker Richardson.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:28 - Jun 6 with 1302 viewsploppy

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 19:38 - Jun 6 by dobjack2

Commend him! What for?

getting paid £500K + a year by the club? bringing in the uninterested stay away American owners in the first place making himself a multi millionaire in the process? If the Trust are correct the share sale was made behind the back of the Trust (the guardians of the fans ownership) which is presumably why they are considering legal action. The transfers and contracts that screwed the club financially and made the owners consider such a stupid deal for James in the first place? I could go on but I think that i’ve Made my point.

In the interest of fairness I do commend him for the work that he did getting us into the Premiership and whilst we were there up to the League Cup win. That shouldn’t be forgotten.

However also in the interest of fairness what shouldn’t be forgotten is the almighty mess he has left as a selling shareholder and the former chairman. All roads lead to his door.

So you don't think he did well in stopping DJ's transfer to Leeds? Which ultimately cost him his position. Don't disagree with the rest of your post.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 20:37]
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:34 - Jun 6 with 1292 viewsmonmouth

He had a year left on his contract, had no interest in signing a new one and one of the biggest clubs in Europe at the top of the list to take a punt on him. You think he was ever gong to stay with us? That boggles me.

So, given he was gone whatever, the club has got a very good deal indeed and hopefully goes a long way to keep us from a financial crunch. Ayews out next and, more unlikely, Borja Bastard, and things might just be looking up. So yes, this is very good news. He could have gone to Brighton for a pittance.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:41 - Jun 6 with 1261 viewsdobjack2

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:28 - Jun 6 by ploppy

So you don't think he did well in stopping DJ's transfer to Leeds? Which ultimately cost him his position. Don't disagree with the rest of your post.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 20:37]

Well - no. Clearing up a mess of his own making - yes
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 6 with 1253 viewsploppy

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:41 - Jun 6 by dobjack2

Well - no. Clearing up a mess of his own making - yes

So you'd have preferred DJ to have gone in January?
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:04 - Jun 6 with 1137 viewsBytholWyn

So, on the face of it Dan James is still a Swansea player, and will be until after the Euro qualifiers double header. If so, then there's still a possibility (however remote) that another club may come in and trump the deal supposedly agreed. I say "supposedly" because I can't really see how the figures quoted mean anything until the contract is signed.

I would love it if James puts in a couple of sensational match winning performances against Croatia and Hungary and Citeh come in with a £30 million offer on his return. In those circumstances, why would he join Europa League bound Man U over Citeh? Ok, very unlikely to happen, but it would be pretty hilarious if he's been photographed in a United shirt and all that, after what happened with Leeds.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 22:05]
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:17 - Jun 6 with 1096 viewslifelong

I enjoyed watching him play, a genuine edge of the seat player, the sad thing is we should still be in the Premier League and James could have been offered a new deal to stay with us for another few seasons... sorry to see him go.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:17 - Jun 6 with 1095 viewsdobjack2

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 6 by ploppy

So you'd have preferred DJ to have gone in January?

If you read my original post you’d know the answer.

I’m not going to say ooh what a hero he is because he may probably stopped our disinterested owners from doing something really stupid as a knee jerk reaction to the financial mess that he himself caused.

You obviously have a different view.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:18 - Jun 6 with 1088 viewsBadlands

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:17 - Jun 6 by lifelong

I enjoyed watching him play, a genuine edge of the seat player, the sad thing is we should still be in the Premier League and James could have been offered a new deal to stay with us for another few seasons... sorry to see him go.

If we'd stayed in the Premier League James would have been out on loan to a Championship team.
Exciting and frustrating.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024