Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55809 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:37 - Jun 21 with 2300 viewssainthelens

Maybe straw clutching here, but surely Cooper would have been made aware at some stage about this possibility. And again I'd hope he'd have an idea or 2 on replacements.
Or is he just happy to have the job regardless?
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:37 - Jun 21 with 2302 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:03 - Jun 21 by Jacket

Negotiations for £25m would end there as he'll struggle to reach double figures in the Premier League. Looked like little boy lost in the admittedly rare chances he got with us at that level, and despite reaching 20 goals in the Championship, did little to persuade me he's up to the step up. If I thought the £12m would be spent on the team I'd be all for it, but chances are it'll go down the same black hole as Dan James' fee. The only thing in it's favour is that an extra £12m would make the club more attractive to prospective buyers, so we can get rid of this shower of shite of a syndicate once and for all.

I'm not convinced either but he's played 60 games at Championship level since looking lost for us in the PL. Only a handful of loan appearances down the divisions before that.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:39 - Jun 21 with 2297 viewsBryanSwan

I really don't understand how anyone can think selling our top goalscorer (22 in the league) would be a good idea.
There is no way selling McBurnie improves our chances next season and we would be left without a CF in the squad. (CBR is not good enough).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:54 - Jun 21 with 2258 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:33 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

We looked good in games without him last season. But we had DJ then.

Finishing chances wasn't our strong point, but we were creative enough through the whole team after Christmas. Ideally we'd want a Sinclair-type to come in on the left and bulk up those numbers. Routledge was class leading the line, and we've got loads who want to play at 10 (Celina, McKay, Byers).

Agree, we wouldn’t really need to replace him at #9 or #10. We’d definitely need to replace his goals though. As much as I rate Celina and Routledge, they aren’t goalscorers.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:55 - Jun 21 with 2256 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:37 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

I'm not convinced either but he's played 60 games at Championship level since looking lost for us in the PL. Only a handful of loan appearances down the divisions before that.

No pace and no strength. He won’t do well in the PL. if we get 15 for him I’m sure Coope already has a replacement in mind. We really need two, an older experienced head and a young pacy striker, maybe from abroad where we can get better value.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:33 - Jun 21 with 2177 viewsNotLoyal

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:36 - Jun 21 by 34dfgdf54

£12m is a shocking price for a young proven goalscorer at this level.

Just please get in your head NO money will be reinvested into the squad due to the "black hole", we sell our best players in bulk every window, we will get relegated it's as simple as that.

Edit - The more I read your post the more I get confused, what in your head is telling you that we'd be "mad" to turn down £12m. Madness.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 7:38]

Thing is, that's at least 30 million if he goes as well.
Is this a new thirty million or an old one, or is it the thirty million from 14 months ago.
How many thirty million debts have we got.Just three ? Or will there be more ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:43 - Jun 21 with 2157 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:55 - Jun 21 by Brynmill_Jack

No pace and no strength. He won’t do well in the PL. if we get 15 for him I’m sure Coope already has a replacement in mind. We really need two, an older experienced head and a young pacy striker, maybe from abroad where we can get better value.

He’s no Bony or Llorente, but he’s strong enough.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:43 - Jun 21 with 2158 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:33 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

We looked good in games without him last season. But we had DJ then.

Finishing chances wasn't our strong point, but we were creative enough through the whole team after Christmas. Ideally we'd want a Sinclair-type to come in on the left and bulk up those numbers. Routledge was class leading the line, and we've got loads who want to play at 10 (Celina, McKay, Byers).

His goals alone got us 15 points last year, the difference between finishing where we did and just above the relegation zone. Throw in the impact of Dan on games and if we lose Ollie as well we could be in a bit of trouble I wouldn't underestimate the difficulty of replacing those two players, especially if we won't buy proven quality.

Who knows as there are so many uncertainties with the management team changes, but if we're not careful this could be similar to the Siggy/Llorente episode. And we all know how that worked out.
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:44 - Jun 21 with 2159 viewsmonmouth

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:47 - Jun 21 by LeonWasGod

This. Trouble is people have been conditioned to think like accountants and not supporters these days.

We'd be fecking nuts to let McB go unless we really have to.

I agree with you in principle but the fact is if a premier league club wants a championship club's player, they get him.

Edit. The thought of being left with CBR as main striker chills me to the bone. He'd struggle in League 2.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 11:47]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:47 - Jun 21 with 2152 viewsBryanSwan

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:55 - Jun 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Out of interest, what names do you think would fit the mould?
We've been lucky with some of the strikers we've picked up in the past and have plaued above what their level was. (Scotland, Graham etc.) A striker to hold the ball up wojld be a must imo if Ollie was to go.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:49 - Jun 21 with 2142 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:44 - Jun 21 by monmouth

I agree with you in principle but the fact is if a premier league club wants a championship club's player, they get him.

Edit. The thought of being left with CBR as main striker chills me to the bone. He'd struggle in League 2.

Which is fine.

Replacing a 20 goal forward with someone who’s done pretty well at Bishops Stortford or wherever, isn’t. I’ll happily take that back if he goes and we bring a quality replacement in.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:50 - Jun 21 with 2141 viewssg1912

Maybe Baston could replace him?
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:55 - Jun 21 with 2121 viewsSwansea93

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:50 - Jun 21 by sg1912

Maybe Baston could replace him?

Courtney Baker Richardson

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:03 - Jun 21 with 2107 viewsCaptain_Sham

He showed glimpses of belonging in the Prem when he was given a chance. Assist for first goal at Watford etc. If I'm honest Id say 12m is slightly low. He can knock em in. Surely we have to accept no one who does well with us is going to stay with us.
By the way I'm on record here and now. We have no chance of getting promoted this season.

None.

NONE.

Its just a ride.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:13 - Jun 21 with 2069 viewsNotLoyal

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:03 - Jun 21 by Captain_Sham

He showed glimpses of belonging in the Prem when he was given a chance. Assist for first goal at Watford etc. If I'm honest Id say 12m is slightly low. He can knock em in. Surely we have to accept no one who does well with us is going to stay with us.
By the way I'm on record here and now. We have no chance of getting promoted this season.

None.

NONE.

Accidentally reported this as abuse ...
Sorry 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:15 - Jun 21 with 2058 viewsjasper_T

Anyone who thinks Oli leaving means CBR is our "main striker" apparently didn't watch us play after Christmas.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:40 - Jun 21 with 1995 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:49 - Jun 21 by jack247

Which is fine.

Replacing a 20 goal forward with someone who’s done pretty well at Bishops Stortford or wherever, isn’t. I’ll happily take that back if he goes and we bring a quality replacement in.

So if we found a consisntent high scoring sriker in the Conference we wouldnt be interested?

Would we want to turn down another potential JAmie Vardy?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:41 - Jun 21 with 1990 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:15 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

Anyone who thinks Oli leaving means CBR is our "main striker" apparently didn't watch us play after Christmas.

It’s fine for Routledge to lead the line if he’s got a 20 goal striker behind him. He’s never going to be our ‘main striker’, he doesn’t score enough goals.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:45 - Jun 21 with 1980 viewsGaz_M

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:55 - Jun 21 by Swansea93

Courtney Baker Richardson

Idiot
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:02 - Jun 21 with 1943 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:40 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

So if we found a consisntent high scoring sriker in the Conference we wouldnt be interested?

How many ‘potential Jamie Vardys’ do you think turn into actual Jamie Vardys?

I’m not against signing players from that level. I wouldn’t be happy if it was to replace our only real goal threat.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:04 - Jun 21 with 1942 viewsSwansea93

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:45 - Jun 21 by Gaz_M

Idiot

You're the bigger idiot for believing it pal.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:09 - Jun 21 with 1928 viewsTaliesin

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:40 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

Or if we're really lucky another Tommy Mutton

The idea of selling to fill the 'black hole' is all very well, but if we go down again another black hole opens up, leading to another fire sale ad infinitum
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:10 - Jun 21 with 1925 viewsMrSwerve

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:44 - Jun 21 by monmouth

As he’s contracted, we can tell them to F off and McB will have to suck it up. Depends then how much he sulks...which is the problem with modern football.

He’s far more important to us than 12m (maybe a different story for the yanks). Unless someone comes in with a silly offer (20m+) then we simply have to keep him.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:14 - Jun 21 with 1916 viewsTaliesin

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:10 - Jun 21 by MrSwerve

As he’s contracted, we can tell them to F off and McB will have to suck it up. Depends then how much he sulks...which is the problem with modern football.

He’s far more important to us than 12m (maybe a different story for the yanks). Unless someone comes in with a silly offer (20m+) then we simply have to keep him.

And McB isn't the type of character to sulk. He'll keep playing to the best of his ability to convince somebody to make a sensible offer.

£12m is not a sensible offer and Oli will realise that
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:14 - Jun 21 with 1914 viewsBadlands

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:09 - Jun 21 by Taliesin

Or if we're really lucky another Tommy Mutton

The idea of selling to fill the 'black hole' is all very well, but if we go down again another black hole opens up, leading to another fire sale ad infinitum

Dropping from the Championship toLeague 1 is no where near as expensive as from PL & the black hole existed due to trying to stay in the PL.
There will be no fire sale and once Ayew, Ayew and Borja are off the wages bill we will be losing at building ... sensibly.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024