Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell 11:00 - Jul 2 with 11759 viewsalibaba

Signing today
Jake Bidwell on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 7117 viewsjackrmee

COuld be a decent signing.
Worth 1.8m on transfermarkt.
Reluctantly released by QPR after signing for them for around £1.5m a couple of years back. Apparently couldn't afford to keep him on the books.

I've never seen him play, but on paper sounds decent. Left footed left back who has played further forward.
Definitely our most important position to fill IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Bidwell on 11:12 - Jul 2 with 7082 viewsraynor94

Olsson needed replacing, 6ft hopefully a good addition for defending set pieces

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jake Bidwell on 11:12 - Jul 2 with 7072 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 11:08 - Jul 2 by jackrmee

COuld be a decent signing.
Worth 1.8m on transfermarkt.
Reluctantly released by QPR after signing for them for around £1.5m a couple of years back. Apparently couldn't afford to keep him on the books.

I've never seen him play, but on paper sounds decent. Left footed left back who has played further forward.
Definitely our most important position to fill IMO.

HITC previously did a post on why Forest should sign him...

"According to the Times, the two-time European champions were keen to sign Queens Park Rangers flyer Jake Bidwell in the summer of 2017. And though two years have gone since those reports emerged, the fact that Bidwell is now available for free should not pass Forest by.

At 26, Bidwell has a long career ahead of him and he was one of QPR’s stand out performers during a dismal 2018/19 campaign, producing four assists in 40 Championship starts.

Blessed with plenty of Championship experience and available for free, Forest could do a lot worse."

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Bidwell on 11:19 - Jul 2 with 7020 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell on 11:12 - Jul 2 by jackrmee

HITC previously did a post on why Forest should sign him...

"According to the Times, the two-time European champions were keen to sign Queens Park Rangers flyer Jake Bidwell in the summer of 2017. And though two years have gone since those reports emerged, the fact that Bidwell is now available for free should not pass Forest by.

At 26, Bidwell has a long career ahead of him and he was one of QPR’s stand out performers during a dismal 2018/19 campaign, producing four assists in 40 Championship starts.

Blessed with plenty of Championship experience and available for free, Forest could do a lot worse."

Ex manager Mark Wharburton seems to like him too.

Warburton told talkSPORT: “Jake knows what I think of him and how much I value him as a player and a person. He’s a real asset, on and off the field.
“Sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and sadly with Jake and a couple of others they’ve had to move on.”

Jake Bidwell on 11:26 - Jul 2 with 6979 viewsjackrmee

32 assists and 7 goals in 374 matches. More than one every 10, and it doesn't show how many of those appearances are full matches.

How does that compare to our fullbacks?

Seems decent, if not exciting.

Jake Bidwell on 11:33 - Jul 2 with 6934 viewsmagicdaps10

Dont expect an attacking full back with Bidwell, solid and dependable.

Good signing for me.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jake Bidwell on 11:43 - Jul 2 with 6888 viewsJack_y_Jwc

This is from my QPR mate...

"Bidwell came to us as Mister Average, i.e. 7 out of 10 every game. Not quite true, more like 6. He was invariably played on his own on the left side and got forward when the ball was played to him. Only problem was he didn’t get back that often which left us open. Popular player with the fans"

...let's hope he's not paired with Jeff!

Jake Bidwell on 11:55 - Jul 2 with 6809 viewsPegojack

Not bad as an out of contract signing. I wonder if Coopet knows him from his England youth days or was that before Cooper's time?
Login to get fewer ads

Jake Bidwell on 11:55 - Jul 2 with 6809 viewsDevz00

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-announce

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Jake Bidwell on 12:13 - Jul 2 with 6670 viewsjasper_T

Jake Bidwell on 11:55 - Jul 2 by Pegojack

Not bad as an out of contract signing. I wonder if Coopet knows him from his England youth days or was that before Cooper's time?

He's 26 so a bit before Cooper, yeah.
Jake Bidwell on 12:44 - Jul 2 with 6463 viewsraynor94

Jake Bidwell on 11:55 - Jul 2 by Pegojack

He was on Everton youth books, so I wonder if Marsh knew about him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jake Bidwell on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 6387 views34dfgdf54

Well done to the club on how quiet they kept this mind, Sheff Weds fans thought he was over in Portugal for their pre season tour.
Jake Bidwell on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 6343 viewsHighjack

Jake Bidwell on 12:49 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

Well done to the club on how quiet they kept this mind, Sheff Weds fans thought he was over in Portugal for their pre season tour.

We sent a decoy Bidwell.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jake Bidwell on 12:59 - Jul 2 with 6279 viewsWarwickHunt

Bidwell bodes well.
Jake Bidwell on 13:07 - Jul 2 with 6213 viewsDevz00

Jake Bidwell on 12:49 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/283089-jake-bidwell/page/3/#comments

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Jake Bidwell on 13:24 - Jul 2 with 6050 viewsNeath_Jack

Tidy!

Welcome Jake, YJB!

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jake Bidwell on 13:26 - Jul 2 with 6030 viewsBadlands

Sorry to be less than impressed.
I remember him from our hame game last season only because he stood around like a seagull.

If you check out the clips he's number 3 ... or the fullback watching us score 2 and helping in a third.

Whoscored rated him 6.66 (Rangle 6.94) and list as weaknesses .....
passing
and
tackling.

Style of Play
Likes to play long balls
Likes to shoot from distance
Likes to cross
Does not dive into tackles
Commits fouls often

Back up for John?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jake Bidwell on 13:59 - Jul 2 with 5797 views34dfgdf54

Jake Bidwell on 13:26 - Jul 2 by Badlands

Sorry to be less than impressed.
I remember him from our hame game last season only because he stood around like a seagull.

If you check out the clips he's number 3 ... or the fullback watching us score 2 and helping in a third.

Whoscored rated him 6.66 (Rangle 6.94) and list as weaknesses .....
passing
and
tackling.

Style of Play
Likes to play long balls
Likes to shoot from distance
Likes to cross
Does not dive into tackles
Commits fouls often

Back up for John?

F*ck me he's all over the shop in those highlights.

Hopefully it was just a bad game.....
Jake Bidwell on 14:03 - Jul 2 with 5754 viewskarnataka

Jake Bidwell on 13:59 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck me he's all over the shop in those highlights.

Hopefully it was just a bad game.....

Their whole defence was atrocious that day. Is there a similar highlights video of the reverse fixture when we lost 4-0? I reckon their defenders would have looked better in that!
Jake Bidwell on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 5737 viewsjasper_T

Jake Bidwell on 14:03 - Jul 2 by karnataka

Their whole defence was atrocious that day. Is there a similar highlights video of the reverse fixture when we lost 4-0? I reckon their defenders would have looked better in that!

He didn't play in that game.
Jake Bidwell on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 5730 views34dfgdf54

Jake Bidwell on 14:03 - Jul 2 by karnataka

Yeah they didn't seem interested at all that day.

Not long after though they went on a long winning run, which he obviously played a big part in so fingers crossed.
Jake Bidwell on 15:24 - Jul 2 with 5348 viewsLeonWasGod

Jake Bidwell on 11:26 - Jul 2 by jackrmee

32 assists and 7 goals in 374 matches. More than one every 10, and it doesn't show how many of those appearances are full matches.

How does that compare to our fullbacks?

Seems decent, if not exciting.

That's pretty good compared to some of our forwards, never mind our fullbacks!

A welcome addition - been a problem position for a couple of seasons now with Naughton shoe-horned in there.

Edit. Ah, I'd forgotten he'd have been in that QPR match
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 15:29]
Jake Bidwell on 15:37 - Jul 2 with 5284 viewsjack247

Jake Bidwell on 14:05 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah they didn't seem interested at all that day.

Not long after though they went on a long winning run, which he obviously played a big part in so fingers crossed.

That was a weird game. Very difficult to judge any individual on that performance alone. They looked like they didn’t want to be there and were collectively going through the motions.
Jake Bidwell on 15:41 - Jul 2 with 5263 viewsBostonR

R's fan here.

He is a decent Championship full-back, but needs a strong centre-back alongside him otherwise he gets exposed. Not the quickest, but very physical.

Do not expect a marauding full-back as he struggles to beat a man (does not have a trick). Upside is that he is very fit and rarely injured.
Jake Bidwell on 15:57 - Jul 2 with 5192 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Official.

On the website now. Flying out to join the squad in Spain tonight.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024