Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England's Ashes squad announced 11:44 - Jul 27 with 25518 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49138107

This series will be full of twists and turns and I think it may be more even than many think.
England's Ashes squad announced on 14:06 - Aug 5 with 1325 views34dfgdf54

Get in the hutch Bairstow you clown.

Great review

edit - you too stokesy
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 14:07]
England's Ashes squad announced on 14:07 - Aug 5 with 1315 viewssainthelens

Gutless, fckn gutless.
England's Ashes squad announced on 14:13 - Aug 5 with 1305 viewstheloneranger

England's much vaunted middle order 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

England's Ashes squad announced on 14:31 - Aug 5 with 1288 viewspikeypaul

Well done Australia apart from Thursday morning they have totally outplayed us.

There will be 2 or 3 changes for Lord’s

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

England's Ashes squad announced on 14:38 - Aug 5 with 1283 views34dfgdf54

England's Ashes squad announced on 14:31 - Aug 5 by pikeypaul

Well done Australia apart from Thursday morning they have totally outplayed us.

There will be 2 or 3 changes for Lord’s

Still work to do yet...
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:12 - Aug 5 with 1256 viewsJonathans_coat

England's Ashes squad announced on 14:13 - Aug 5 by theloneranger

England's much vaunted middle order 😂😂

Both teams batsmen have been largely poor.

Steve Smith the difference between the sides.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 15:13]
England's Ashes squad announced on 15:18 - Aug 5 with 1247 views34dfgdf54

Brilliant start at what is normally a fortress for England, huge confidence boost aswell considering where they were day 1.

Steve Smith
England's Ashes squad announced on 15:37 - Aug 5 with 1233 viewsBanosswan

Woakes to open!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

England's Ashes squad announced on 15:47 - Aug 5 with 1216 viewssainthelens

Pretty much shambolic.
England's Ashes squad announced on 17:22 - Aug 5 with 1181 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well that went well.

My 2-2 prediction is still on. Two evenly matched sides, both with flaws. Lords next. Hmm.

Poll: Tory leader

England's Ashes squad announced on 18:30 - Aug 5 with 1151 viewsunion_jack

England's Ashes squad announced on 17:22 - Aug 5 by exiledclaseboy

Well that went well.

My 2-2 prediction is still on. Two evenly matched sides, both with flaws. Lords next. Hmm.

Evenly matched?

Not on yesterday and today’s showing. England are going to need to grow a pair in the batting especially.

Also, look what Lyon did. Ali certainly couldn’t match that.

Disclaimer: I’ve only seen the wickets on the news. But the score line says it all really.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

England's Ashes squad announced on 18:31 - Aug 5 with 1146 viewsbluey_the_blue

Well that went well.

Evenly matched?

From 90 run lead to 250 run loss would indicate otherwise.

England have too many bish bash bosh players lacking the desire or technical ability to do what Smith did. Best bowler Anderson? Old and injured. New pace bowler hope is someone brought into England setup for white ball cricket. Spin? Yay, Denly and Ali. That'll literally scare nobody whatsoever. A captain who resisted playing no 3 because he wanted to play no 4 for how long? Yay, ignore the glaring problem position, doesn't want to be exposed early to new ball - except even at 4, he still would be.

England changed mentality to win at 50 overs. They changed what they were looking for in the players. They need to do the same at Test level. They need batsmen able to craft and construct innings.

The side right now looks like a hybrid.

Lump on Aussies to win the series, christ, they didn't even pick Starc!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 19:41]
England's Ashes squad announced on 19:38 - Aug 5 with 1126 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ok chaps. We’ll see how the series pans out over five games and if I turn out to be off the mark I’ll be happy to front up on here and say so.

Poll: Tory leader

England's Ashes squad announced on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 1122 viewsCountyJim

What a load of s hite ! We literally gave up on Smith putting everyone on boundary we can't bat to save a match said it before get Boycott to advise he knew how to save a game you basically don't hit the ball unless you got to batsmen these days can't leave a ball they want to smash it
England's Ashes squad announced on 21:45 - Aug 5 with 1094 viewsdickythorpe

Test cricket though lads, "TEST" cricket.

Plenty of options for England.

I think if Glammy get up to Div 1 , Salter will be looked at.
England's Ashes squad announced on 21:54 - Aug 5 with 1084 viewsbluey_the_blue

England's Ashes squad announced on 21:45 - Aug 5 by dickythorpe

Test cricket though lads, "TEST" cricket.

I think if Glammy get up to Div 1 , Salter will be looked at.

"Test cricket though lads, "TEST" cricket.

I think if he moves to whichever county in England is favoured at the moment , Salter will be looked at."

Fixed your post.
England's Ashes squad announced on 12:26 - Aug 6 with 1014 viewssquarebear

The two things I find disappointing :

1. Calf injuries. I goosed my calf muscles just under two years ago. I've had many many physio sessions, I use a roller on them, I bought an ultrasound. They get better but when I push it (eg. Try and do a 5K in sub-25 mins) I inevitably reinjure them. So when Anderson suffered his injury in that Lancashire game I was convinced, despite the best efforts of his medical team, he'd not be ready for this series. He must've known he wasn't 100%.

2. Joe Root's captaincy. Ok, he's young, and he should get better, but is there no one in the England set-up who challenges his decisions, his strategies, his field settings? They have enough bleedin' breaks. Why aren't there a band of experienced cricket experts offering him words of advice?

Christ, it's all so easy from where I'm watching ;)
England's Ashes squad announced on 12:28 - Aug 6 with 1009 viewsWarwickHunt

England's Ashes squad announced on 18:31 - Aug 5 by bluey_the_blue

Evenly matched?

From 90 run lead to 250 run loss would indicate otherwise.

England have too many bish bash bosh players lacking the desire or technical ability to do what Smith did. Best bowler Anderson? Old and injured. New pace bowler hope is someone brought into England setup for white ball cricket. Spin? Yay, Denly and Ali. That'll literally scare nobody whatsoever. A captain who resisted playing no 3 because he wanted to play no 4 for how long? Yay, ignore the glaring problem position, doesn't want to be exposed early to new ball - except even at 4, he still would be.

England changed mentality to win at 50 overs. They changed what they were looking for in the players. They need to do the same at Test level. They need batsmen able to craft and construct innings.

The side right now looks like a hybrid.

Lump on Aussies to win the series, christ, they didn't even pick Starc!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 19:41]

Or Hazlewood, or Labuschagne...
England's Ashes squad announced on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 972 viewsdickythorpe

Poor Joe Denly is not really meant to be in a Test team is he? Great county player but amazed he was selected over some of the youngsters.
England's Ashes squad announced on 17:48 - Aug 6 with 964 viewsjackharris

Well that went well.

I agree, two very evenly matched teams. Losing Anderson was a massive factor in what happened in the first Test. I am predicting a 3-2 series win for England. England winning at Old Trafford, Headingly and The Oval. So possibly 2-0 down after Lords, but then an amazing come-back.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

England's Ashes squad announced on 02:11 - Aug 7 with 924 viewsJoe_bradshaw

England's Ashes squad announced on 10:59 - Aug 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Two teams better at bowling than batting. The team whose batsmen show grit, determination and a battling mentality will win the ashes.

That’s likely to be Australia.

I refer all you honourable gentlemen to the answer I gave before the first test.

Nothing I can see has changed...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

England's Ashes squad announced on 13:20 - Aug 10 with 812 viewstheloneranger

England X11 for 2nd Test @ Lords ... Moeen Ali dropped, Leach in and Anderson out injured.

Joe Root (capt), Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 13:45]

England's Ashes squad announced on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 811 viewsWarwickHunt

England's Ashes squad announced on 13:20 - Aug 10 by theloneranger

England X11 for 2nd Test @ Lords ... Moeen Ali dropped, Leach in and Anderson out injured.

Joe Root (capt), Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 13:45]

Moeen's probably relieved.

Foakes and Ollie Pope must have been in with a shout.

Woakes, Stokes and Foakes would have been fun.
England's Ashes squad announced on 10:39 - Aug 15 with 735 viewstheloneranger

Day 2

"Australia win the toss and bowl. Tim Paine says the shortened game and the pitch being covered yesterday were factored into his decision.

Joe Root says he would probably have bowled as well. So interesting from both captains. "We need a big first innings total now," Root says. He confirms that Sam Curran misses out"

England 1 Rory Burns, 2 Jason Roy, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Joe Denly, 5 Jos Buttler, 6 Ben Stokes, 7 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Stuart Broad, 11 Jack Leach

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Cameron Bancroft, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Matthew Wade, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Peter Siddle, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 10:41]

England's Ashes squad announced on 10:57 - Aug 15 with 722 viewsunion_jack

England's Ashes squad announced on 10:39 - Aug 15 by theloneranger

Day 2

"Australia win the toss and bowl. Tim Paine says the shortened game and the pitch being covered yesterday were factored into his decision.

Joe Root says he would probably have bowled as well. So interesting from both captains. "We need a big first innings total now," Root says. He confirms that Sam Curran misses out"

England 1 Rory Burns, 2 Jason Roy, 3 Joe Root (capt), 4 Joe Denly, 5 Jos Buttler, 6 Ben Stokes, 7 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 8 Chris Woakes, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Stuart Broad, 11 Jack Leach

Australia 1 David Warner, 2 Cameron Bancroft, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Matthew Wade, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Peter Siddle, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 10:41]

All the players wearing red caps for the Ruth Strauss Foundation. Absolutely wonderful!👏

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024