Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Brexit die tonight? 11:59 - Sep 3 with 29829 viewswestwalesed

When this bill passes, which I expect it to, my understanding is that the EU theoretically can propose a different extension to the proposed January 31st, 2020 date currently in the bill.

The bill states that the PM has to accept that date, and that Parliament has two days to either accept or reject it (thereby putting any future extension date in the hands of Parliament as opposed to the PM). Given that we have a remain leaning parliament currently it's hard tp see how any proposed date would be rejected.

PM Johnson would then seek an election as he has stated, but now that it is looking as if the opposition parties may not get to the two-thirds of MPs required to trigger it, there will be no election at all. What then?

With a Govt that has to accept any date given and Parliament refusing to give him an opportunity to change the make up of the Commons, is this the day that Brexit dies?

Is it revoking A50 by the back door?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:15 - Sep 3 with 1577 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:59 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

No negotiation are happening anyway Jango.

They’ve dismantled the negotiating team on our side, a memo has been leaked showing all they’re trying to do is run the clock down (a game of chicken) and both Cummings and others have now said that the ‘negotiations are a sham’ (which is what the EU have also said).

Think about this - how can a no deal be on one hand described as no big deal, few small bumps on the road etc, while at the same time is being held out as so awful that the EU will cave?

The pact with the brexit party is dependent on them promising no deal, they can’t do that and not lose loads of seats in London, Scotland, the South East, Cotswolds, Somerset, Oxfordshire etc etc. Plus, to be honest, if someone like Soames stands as an independent, he’ll beat the ‘official’ candidate.

The EU know the WA won’t get through parliament. With no deal off the table remaining in the EU is far more likely and is what the EU and remainers want.

I don’t believe the EU think no deal is catastrophic but coming out with a deal is obviously best for both parties. While there’s hope brexit will be cancelled, the EU are not gonna renegotiate anything that will change that.

My opinion of course.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:23 - Sep 3 with 1560 viewsUxbridge

I'm sure we're all looking forward to our elected representatives taking back control from the unelected bureaucrat and unelected prime minister currently seeking to ignore our parliamentary democracy.

This is, after all, what those who voted Leave in 2016 voted for. Exactly this.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:56 - Sep 3 with 1519 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:15 - Sep 3 by Jango

The EU know the WA won’t get through parliament. With no deal off the table remaining in the EU is far more likely and is what the EU and remainers want.

I don’t believe the EU think no deal is catastrophic but coming out with a deal is obviously best for both parties. While there’s hope brexit will be cancelled, the EU are not gonna renegotiate anything that will change that.

My opinion of course.

The EU aren’t going to renegotiate anything.
“No deal” staying on the table isn’t going to make the slightest difference to anything.
There is no workable alternative to the backstop in the foreseeable future; it won’t be removed and Boris knew it.
He isn’t even trying. It was never his intention to. He’s a massive fraud.

Boris has overplayed his hand. He’s about to be found out. Happy days.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:03 - Sep 3 with 1505 viewswaynekerr55

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:14 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

Nit sure whether to get down to naturist beach here or to read K and Wozza in full flow.

You need to watch Builth ,Taxman and the rest of the dicks on here . Learn how to discourse.

You will understand K doesn't want to sh@g wozza s wife or rip into his Persian pussy.

Nah, swim it is but play tidy.This thread will be troll free.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:05 - Sep 3 with 1499 viewsexiledclaseboy

Someone check on Kerouac. I don’t think he’s taking things well.

Poll: Tory leader

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:05 - Sep 3 with 1497 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:09 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

"Think about this - how can a no deal be on one hand described as no big deal, few small bumps on the road etc, while at the same time is being held out as so awful that the EU will cave?"

So you are saying that a no deal Brexit is no big deal to the EU...with a straight face.

No, of course not. I’m saying that Johnson etc are saying it’s a huge deal for the EU and yet no big deal for us.

A no deal is terrible for both, but worse for us which is why threatening it is so silly.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:09 - Sep 3 with 1480 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:05 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

Someone check on Kerouac. I don’t think he’s taking things well.

He should be happier now, there’s a new LibDem MP.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:34 - Sep 3 with 1445 viewsKerouac

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:23 - Sep 3 by Uxbridge

I'm sure we're all looking forward to our elected representatives taking back control from the unelected bureaucrat and unelected prime minister currently seeking to ignore our parliamentary democracy.

This is, after all, what those who voted Leave in 2016 voted for. Exactly this.

I'll tell you what we voted for sunshine, now that the spineless bastard MPs have stood on manifestos saying one thing and then done another, we will remove them at a General Election.
Which is why they are sh*t scared of facing the voters...and people like you are cheerleading these wannabe, tinpot dictators.

Inside the EU of course, we wouldn't be able to remove commissioners who behave like this and if a political party that dominates the EU supports policy that damages the UK for the benefit of French and German voters (and this party is supported by French and German voters) we wouldn't be able to remove those MEPs either.

Thanks for making my point
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 16:35]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:45 - Sep 3 with 1418 viewsBatterseajack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:34 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

I'll tell you what we voted for sunshine, now that the spineless bastard MPs have stood on manifestos saying one thing and then done another, we will remove them at a General Election.
Which is why they are sh*t scared of facing the voters...and people like you are cheerleading these wannabe, tinpot dictators.

Inside the EU of course, we wouldn't be able to remove commissioners who behave like this and if a political party that dominates the EU supports policy that damages the UK for the benefit of French and German voters (and this party is supported by French and German voters) we wouldn't be able to remove those MEPs either.

If the EU solely worked to benefit French and German voters, they would throw Ireland under the bus in these negotiations in order to avoid no deal Brexit.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:48 - Sep 3 with 1411 viewsUxbridge

Sunshine Ah, bless. Anyway, thank you for referencing the manifestos for the past General Election.

Could you comment on the commitments within the Tory manifesto regarding Brexit, in particular the commitments to a free trade agreement and the commitment to an orderly Brexit with a deal?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:50 - Sep 3 with 1403 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:45 - Sep 3 by Batterseajack

If the EU solely worked to benefit French and German voters, they would throw Ireland under the bus in these negotiations in order to avoid no deal Brexit.

Use Ireland to fvck UK.

Then fvck Ireland for their low corporation tax..
Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:53 - Sep 3 with 1391 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:56 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

“No deal” staying on the table isn’t going to make the slightest difference to anything.
There is no workable alternative to the backstop in the foreseeable future; it won’t be removed and Boris knew it.

You don’t know that so stop pretending you do. No Deal has been the best bargaining tool we’ve had and the remainers in parliament have done everything they can, under both governments to make No Deal an impossibility. There’s no reason why they can’t wait until the 17th October to see what deal is on the table before forcing through this legislation. The fact is they don’t want brexit and neither do you.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:57 - Sep 3 with 1374 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:56 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

EU said WA could never be reopened, backstop remains as is.

EU reportedly to want to look at proposals that replace backstop.

There's scope for renegotiation.

I don't think they ever would renegotiate personally, not in their interests to do so.

We don't know if "no deal" on the table will make any difference because HoC MPs are working to take it off the table, doing EU's work for them.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:01 - Sep 3 with 1359 viewsEbo

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:17 - Sep 3 with 1326 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:57 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

EU said WA could never be reopened, backstop remains as is.

EU reportedly to want to look at proposals that replace backstop.

There's scope for renegotiation.

I don't think they ever would renegotiate personally, not in their interests to do so.

We don't know if "no deal" on the table will make any difference because HoC MPs are working to take it off the table, doing EU's work for them.

“EU reportedly to want to look at proposals that replace backstop” 😂

You mean the EU will humour Boris and avoid being blamed for refusing to look at these mythical solutions for replacing the backstop. They aren’t idiots.

Go on Boris, you’ve got 30 days to come up with something no one has managed for three years. Off you go, son - tick tock...
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 1320 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 16:53 - Sep 3 by Jango

You don’t know that so stop pretending you do. No Deal has been the best bargaining tool we’ve had and the remainers in parliament have done everything they can, under both governments to make No Deal an impossibility. There’s no reason why they can’t wait until the 17th October to see what deal is on the table before forcing through this legislation. The fact is they don’t want brexit and neither do you.

Mince.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:33 - Sep 3 with 1293 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:17 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

“EU reportedly to want to look at proposals that replace backstop” 😂

You mean the EU will humour Boris and avoid being blamed for refusing to look at these mythical solutions for replacing the backstop. They aren’t idiots.

Go on Boris, you’ve got 30 days to come up with something no one has managed for three years. Off you go, son - tick tock...

As I've said repeatedly, we could have the greatest plan in the history of plans that solves everything and gives everyone a free unicorn.

It would be rejected.

I'll leave you to work out why.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:35 - Sep 3 with 1288 viewsHighjack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:14 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

Nit sure whether to get down to naturist beach here or to read K and Wozza in full flow.

You need to watch Builth ,Taxman and the rest of the dicks on here . Learn how to discourse.

You will understand K doesn't want to sh@g wozza s wife or rip into his Persian pussy.

Nah, swim it is but play tidy.This thread will be troll free.

Wtf?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:37 - Sep 3 with 1278 viewsHighjack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:25 - Sep 3 by Yossarian

You need to spend less time on here and more time on Trust work....or better still, your day job. Your mental health is clearly suffering.

Innit. And she’s got the cheek to say I post too much.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:39 - Sep 3 with 1267 viewsexiledclaseboy

Johnson had a shocker in the House today. Entertaining listening.

Poll: Tory leader

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:40 - Sep 3 with 1266 viewswaynekerr55

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:35 - Sep 3 by Highjack

Wtf?

uLdIi KiiBoReD

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:41 - Sep 3 with 1262 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:33 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

As I've said repeatedly, we could have the greatest plan in the history of plans that solves everything and gives everyone a free unicorn.

It would be rejected.

I'll leave you to work out why.

There. Is. No. Fûcking. Plan.

“Hilary Benn, the Labour chair of the Commons Brexit committee, says it is not just Angela Merkel saying the UK has not put forward any plans. The Irish deputy PM, Simon Coveney, said recently the UK had not put forward any plans. He asks Johnson to confirm the Daily Telegraph report saying Geoffrey Cox, the attorney general, told him the government was heading for no deal”.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:47 - Sep 3 with 1247 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:41 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

There. Is. No. Fûcking. Plan.

“Hilary Benn, the Labour chair of the Commons Brexit committee, says it is not just Angela Merkel saying the UK has not put forward any plans. The Irish deputy PM, Simon Coveney, said recently the UK had not put forward any plans. He asks Johnson to confirm the Daily Telegraph report saying Geoffrey Cox, the attorney general, told him the government was heading for no deal”.

* bangs head *

There can be no deal progress until EU want to negotiate.
EU won't negotiate whilst MPs in HoC can block a no deal Brexit.
UK not putting any plans forward yet is meaningless as EU wouldn't negotiate.
That does not mean progress hasn't been made towards formulating plans to submit.

Benn can cite two EU leaders who don't want us leaving and a leaked claim all he likes.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:51 - Sep 3 with 1242 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:47 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

* bangs head *

There can be no deal progress until EU want to negotiate.
EU won't negotiate whilst MPs in HoC can block a no deal Brexit.
UK not putting any plans forward yet is meaningless as EU wouldn't negotiate.
That does not mean progress hasn't been made towards formulating plans to submit.

Benn can cite two EU leaders who don't want us leaving and a leaked claim all he likes.

Oh FFS, what’s the fûcking point...
Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 1231 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 17:51 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

Oh FFS, what’s the fûcking point...

I know, you just don't want to get it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024